criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

It's time to make Your voice heard about adding the fusion cutter

Vehicles turrets and droids (specifically the AT-ST) are at the mercy of the ion torpedo, ion grenade, ion shot, ion neutralizer, disrupter rifle and the secondary fire for the TL-50. How can the empire expect to combat such atrocious weapons? Ladies and Gentlemen, devs and players I present to you... The fusion cutter! A popular tool back in the classic battlefront days. This star card/charge card will repair nearby vehicles by 10%. This will make the battlefront much more supportive towards your teamates using any sort of man made equipment.
Disclaimer: Does not work on airborne vehicles.
EA is not responsible for providing the credits to purchase tfor this card. All deaths and failed repairs are not compensated or refunded by any means. Standard rates may apply.

There you go EA please add this card. It would be a game changer in the NEW conquest mode!

Please DICE!
JEFF GOLDBLUM A GOD

Replies

• Piscettios
    5868 posts Member
    edited January 20
    Another cool idea...nice!

@C3POR2D2BB8 What do you think about it conversely being used to disarm trip mines, freeze turrets and damage vehicles etc as well?
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Epic throwback to the original fronts, could totally be a heavy gadget!
  • I miss the ol Fusion Cutter.

pH
  • not really necessary as vehicles auto regen their health (would've been nice in 2015front, though)

This would also lead to troll tactics like repairing an AT-ST that is peeking its head over low cover to make it immortal.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• I don't think it should work on an AT-TE, that thing can resist most ion damage.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Vehicles can still heal themselves and still take a hefty amount of damage unless literally the entire team focuses them. This really is not an issue.
  • Relmets
    2248 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »

@C3POR2D2BB8 What do you think about it conversely being used to disarm trip mines, freeze turrets and damage vehicles etc as well?

powerful uses for the fusion cutlery
    Sounds like trooper content to me :sunglasses:
    [+3748 posts]
  • Yeah, no.... you think an at ST deserves this kind of buff? Nearly invincible most of the time because your team ignores it, plus you would have people healing it? Nahh especially with the light side having at rt's, all you do is shoot the driver, there's no need for repairs....
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »

powerful uses for the fusion cutlery
    Sounds like trooper content to me :sunglasses:
    Relmets wrote: »
    Imagine using the fusion cutlery to slice the enemy equipment
    33kba13ja3x9.png
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios
    5868 posts Member
    Bump for fusion cutter and more trooper items!

t8e0aau6hbw3.jpeg
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Any gameplay of his guy being used? Admittedly, I never played the OG Battlefront games.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • CarapaceonMenace
    2042 posts Member
    edited March 9
    Nevermind the month old necro, is this topic even on the correct board? Ion neutralizer, disruptor rifle, secondary fire, I'm assuming he's talking viper droids and R5 units.....that's BF2015 stuff.

Everything auto repairs itself now so it's not needed.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • I loved trolling people with the fusion cutter in the original Battlefront 2, I'd get up behind tanks and then circle them with the fusion cutter, damaging the tanks while they spun in circles trying to kill me xD
  • I loved trolling people with the fusion cutter in the original Battlefront 2, I'd get up behind tanks and then circle them with the fusion cutter, damaging the tanks while they spun in circles trying to kill me xD

This what I’m talking about... sure it wouldn’t be very useful for helping your own teams vehicle. But it would be fun taking out turrets with a quick zap, disabling mines and gimping AAT’s etc.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • RyanK388
    1777 posts Member
    maybe add it to allow players to Slice enemy’s out of their Vehicle, killing said vehicle and such.