criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

HUNT: Ideas for Changing and Expanding Ewok Hunt.

JMaster
2284 posts Member
Hi there, how are you doin’? So… I’ve been enjoying Ewok Hunt lately. It’s fun, tense, is actually pretty scary at times, and it’s a nice break from the monotony of the same stuff we’ve had for months now. Sadly, it’s not perfect. My biggest gripe with it - among other reasons - is that it’s only one map. One version on one map where little changes except for your spawn and Ewok appearance. So, among other priorities at DICE, I hope we get some more maps and variants of this really unique game mode. Here are my suggestions to make the current setup of Ewok Hunt more deep, enjoyable, challenging, and rewarding, as well as to expand it into a fully fledged Hunt mode. Fell free to disagree and post your suggestions, but here we go.
General Improvements and New Additions:
Troopers- I’d like an appearance and emote selector for this mode, so there’s at least a little variety in your team. I want to be a Scout Trooper on Endor, dangit!
Objectives- Of course, the main reason for playing these is to survive, but I’d like to see at least one additional objective for each new Hunt mode to bring in more strategy, and to give troopers a thing to do aside from wander aimlessly or hide while the timer ticks down. For the base Ewok Hunt, I’d love to see troopers having to scavenge parts from fallen vehicles to repair a transmitter and call in the EVAC. There are several components needed, so the entire team can’t stay as one, and there need to be three signals operating to triangulate their location. This would start the normal timer and you’d have to survive as per usual. If your team sucks and you can’t triangulate it, then the wait is even longer. Other objectives would be nice, but you'll see what I have in mind.
Traps- I love that traps can apparently change around from one location to another each round in Ewok Hunt, always keeps you on your toes. However, I think that the Natives should be able to set and re-set them just once over, at least with sensical ones (not the kind that explode… you’ll see what I mean). Also, giving the Natives an ability to reset ones they think will be tripped by players will add a bit of strategy to their play. To balance this out, troopers should be able to disarm them. It’s so bizarre that you can’t disarm the traps on Endor even if you see them. Shooting the tripwire or the trap itself should cause it to be triggered without causing bodily harm to your character. This would both reward troopers who are aware of their surrounding and reward enemies clever enough to re-set them.
Crates- These are an interesting addition both to the mode and the game itself, but there’s a couple problems with their implementation in Ewok Hunt. First, they are in the exact same location every time. Playing through the game a couple of times will leave you pretty familiar with their layout. Second, they contain the exact same items, a combo that I call the “Ewok Melter”, with an infinite flashlight, better weapon that fires a hailstorm of bolts, and an Incendiary Imploder. Third, speaking of those weapons, they stay with you forever once you receive them. So, here are my suggestions to make them better.
The items you find in crates are random, first off. There’s more around, but their spawns are partially random, like the Ewok traps and Shuttle locations. However, their contents are more valuable, as some contain nothing, and all crates only contain one additional perk to avoid the Ewok Melter loadout.. Finally, most items are now one-time-use, but you can acquire new items and hold up to 2 like in Ewok Hunt currently. You can swap items you have between what is in the crate, but doing so causes one of the items to appear in another crate randomly. You can still receive better equipment, and you can receive a select few permanent mods, namely the unlimited Flashlight. There’s still the Thermal Imploder as an one-time use bomb, and the new additions include an Adrenaline Stim that heals you by 40 health including your regen; a Bacta Bomb that gives you and your teammates an extra 50 health for 1 minute; a twin set of base Thermal Detonators that are charged like Rush attacks but are gone once used; a Scout Pistol; a temporary Ion or Explosive Shot mod depending on the map; a set of Thermal Marcobinoculars; a functional Scan Dart with 3 shots; among several other location and faction-specific abilities.
Weapons can be selected and swapped out from crates as well, but they are only the base faction weapons with slight balancing tweaks. I find that the DLT-19 in the mode is objectively better than the E-11, when the E-11 should pack a stronger punch and have more accuracy at range. For example; the E-11 is the all-rounder, decent at all ranges and is fairly accurate; the DLT-19 is the fastest firing of the bunch, but it has much higher recoil and does much less damage; the RK-3 is a monster up close but has high recoil and damage drop off; and the DLT-19X is very accurate with high damage but overheats in a few shots and has a long cooldown. These replace whatever weapon you have and are placed back into the crate.
I think that changing crates to work like this would be both more fair so that the players that find them aren’t ridiculously ahead of the competition and their peers. Players who are very familiar with the mode can’t just grab their favorite super-powerful equipment and go, there’s strategy and risk involved. This would also give an incentive for you to actually go out and look around for these, a little risk/reward gameplay. Would you rather stay on your log with your crappy limited flashlight and nothing else? Or do you risk going out and attacked to gain some possible new advantage?
Natives- This is a new reinforcement type to tie everything together. In addition to Ewok Hunt, they would be available on every map they inhabit, in modes like GA that allow it. Balancing would be separate from Hunt to the others, however, so Ewoks wouldn’t be nigh-useless on Endor. They have a few Star Cards but are separate from each other unlike the other reinforcements. Their appearance can be selected from those present in the mode already.
Several weapons and abilities can be swapped out for another, but these are faction specific. For example, instead of the Wisties, Ewoks can be given an equip-able Bow that has two shots like the Repulsor Cannon, each deal 100 damage with a headshot and 50 with a body shot. They arc like grenades and cause the Ewok to move 15% slower, and have a long recharge time, 30+ seconds. Call of the Wild would replace their horn, so they receive 20% sprint speed but don't have the damage reduction or bonus. The Ewok’s main weapon can be swapped to a Stone Axe that deals 30 damage to the front and 60 to the back, but they swing it 1.5 times as slow. This would make your choices much more valuable and unique for whatever feels comfortable.
New Versions: After all that, it’s time to see some new versions to make Hunt a fully fleshed-out and awesome mode. First up - to try and utilize the assets we already have - it’s a big Tatooine expansion to bring back some fan favorite maps, tight gameplay, and some terrifying foes.
"I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
He knew.

Replies

• StarWars0525
    2601 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Traps should one shot because of how long it takes a Ewok to kill a stormtrooper.
  • JMaster
    2284 posts Member
    Traps should one shot because of how long it takes a Ewok to kill a stormtrooper.
    I'd rather not. They already take away 150 health on impact, and only let you regen 100 back. That's much easier pickins for a smart Ewok : )
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • They need to port in the other Ewok based maps from the previous games. I'd also love it if I could pick my Ewok skin. The valiant horn should also increase the Ewok's speed and roll stamina and have a longer duration.
    m0j6n9yk2eer.jpg
    Xbox Live: Honorary Ewok

• Trooper skin...with ya there. Scout trooper would be cool.
    Objectives.. would be nice if there was something to do during the round, with ya there.
    Traps: resetting traps or moving them around would be great.
    Crates: I like the idea of it being minimal with only one pickup option. But I do agree the crates themselves should be randomized, and I also agree there should be a give and a take for using the E-11 setup vs the DLT. Maybe the DLT flashlight could have a narrower sight but last longer? While the E-11’s flashlight is wider but needs to recharge faster.
    Ewok Reinforcements: make it Wickett and Teebo!

Love hunt too, but it needs some expansion and soon. Would really like to see two new Endor map sections taken from old ones and added to what we have... that’s what we need above all else IMO.

Good read and good ideas.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • JMaster
    2284 posts Member
    They need to port in the other Ewok based maps from the previous games. I'd also love it if I could pick my Ewok skin. The valiant horn should also increase the Ewok's speed and roll stamina and have a longer duration.
    I thought about it, I just made it an extra ability for variety. I will never - NEVER - say no to more Endor maps : )
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Trooper skin...with ya there. Scout trooper would be cool.
    Objectives.. would be nice if there was something to do during the round, with ya there.
    Traps: resetting traps or moving them around would be great.
    Crates: I like the idea of it being minimal with only one pickup option. But I do agree the crates themselves should be randomized, and I also agree there should be a give and a take for using the E-11 setup vs the DLT. Maybe the DLT flashlight could have a narrower sight but last longer? While the E-11’s flashlight is wider but needs to recharge faster.
    Ewok Reinforcements: make it Wickett and Teebo!

Love hunt too, but it needs some expansion and soon. Would really like to see two new Endor map sections taken from old ones and added to what we have... that’s what we need above all else IMO.

Good read and good ideas.
    I see, either would be nice for crates but I just thought variety would be fun! I'd love to see Wicket spearing Stormies!
    He knew.
  • JMaster
    2284 posts Member
    The Empire Strikes…
    Wampa HuntThe Ice Caves of Twilight on Hoth – One of my scariest film memories as a kid was seeing Luke attacked and nearly eaten by a Wampa. It was so unexpected to me, the horror of seeing Luke hanging upside down helpless, and the disgusting sounds of the beast wolfing down his steed were always unsettling to me as a child. Now… A Rebel scout team is trapped in a blizzard in the blistering nights of Hoth. To signal the Rebels you have to light flares, but hunkering inside for warmth, they make camp and try to sleep. But predators prowl in the night. Starving Wampas preparing for the harsh Hoth blizzard season are searching for food, and have found the perfect meal in your team. The Rebels must evade the beast’s attacks to survive the frigid conditions.
    The Rebels have to light five flares in specific locations to start the normal countdown. These are indicated like the stolen datatapes in Jawa Hunt, and some are faulty. The blizzard outside the caves is similar to the sandstorm from the Jawa Refuge, but it doesn’t affect your vision as much, rather it drains your health much faster (75-150 health per minute) and slows you by 10%. You want to stay in the caves, but that’s were danger lurks. Unstable icicles fall from the ceiling in some places, dealing 50 damage to you, and you can look up at them to shoot them down. They don’t have a set trigger, and occur naturally, so it’s best to destroy them whenever possible. There are also rough patches of snow that trigger small avalanches outside that deal 150 damage to you, but these don’t reset. There are also Imperial Viper Probe Droids that act like they did in the last game, with 150 health but are dispatched immediately by Ion nades and Ion shot instantly. Explosive shot has increased effectiveness against both the Wampas and ice hazards. Wampas can teleport in and out of darkened caves in the walls, but can be blocked by Rebels to buy time. The Wampa can claw their way out of these given several seconds
    Wampas. These hulking monsters have a whooping 250 health, their Claw Swings deal 40 damage per swing to the front and 80 to the back, or they can have an Arm Bash that is slower but deals 80 damage to the front and 160 to the back. Like the Gamorreans, they can’t run aside for when a specific ability is active. Stealth Attacks has the wampa running about on all fours for 12 seconds, able to execute a powerful attack that deals 100 damage, but they tire afterwords and are vulnerable. Wampas are known to imprison their prey in ice, and Ice Throw has the Wampa digging into the ground and equipping a grenade-like ice projectile that freezes hit opponets for a few seconds. Then there’s Easy Prey, which has the Wampa able to sprint for 20 seconds, revealing Rebel Footprints in the snow. In place of that ability you can equip Hunger Frenzy, where the Wampa can attack 25% faster than usual for 6 seconds. In place of Stealth Attacks, you can equip Bloodcurdling Roar which causes all icicles and snow falls to trigger in a certain radius and reveal Rebel troops via echolocation.
    He knew.
  • JMaster
    2284 posts Member
    Ugnaught HuntCarbon Freezing Chambers – Having captured Leia Organa and dispatched Han Solo, the Empire is locking down Bespin. Knowing of the Empire’s intent to enslave the Ugnaught populace and to rule Cloud City with an iron fist, following Lando Calrissian’s orders they shut down power in the Carbonite Chambers to dispatch the Stormtroopers left after Han’s freezing. The workers decide to shut down power to the Chambers and lock down the lift, trapping the unsuspecting troops in the dark, smoking rooms. They must upload an override sequence for the lifts to become operational again, or face the callous machinery and vengeful inhabitants in the shadows.
    Stormtroopers have to hack several randomized control panels to start the override program timer for the lifts to work. Downloading it to 4 different consoles will cause the timer to start normally. There are several environmental hazards here, like tampered Tibanna Gas pipelines that will blast pressurized gas to deal 100 damage to unsuspecting troopers. Smaller control panels can be tampered by Ugnaughts to explode and deal 75 damage. Of course, the Carbon Freezing Chambers are fully operational, and fleeing troops can fall into the open pits and be instantly frozen.
    Ugnaughts have 100 health, but are slightly slower than Ewoks. These crafty porcine aliens wield either a Fusion Cutter that deals 30 damage in a small area to the front (60 to the back), or a fast striking Arc Wrench that deals 15 damage (30 to the back) that strikes twice as fast as the Ewok's base attack, but has a very small attack area. Their first ability is a Power Cell Overload, that causes their primary weapon to deal 25% more damage and have a larger attack radius, with sparks indicating it's area of effect, however this is only active for 7 seconds. Next is their Carbonite Charge, a trap that acts similarly to Lando's stun, this can be laid and detonated by the Ugnaught to deal 25 damage to caught troopers amd cause them to revert to walking for 5 seconds. Last, they have their Droid Reprogramming, where they re-wire one Protocol Droid with their main tool and turn it into a powerful AI minion with 200 health and a bash that deals 40 damage per strike. Unlike the Jawas, these guys can be ordered to attack a specific area like Iden's droid, however these guys can only use it once on one droid. They can replace this ability with a Scrambler that reveals all enemies in a given radius and causes the Ugnaught to move 20% faster, and replace Carbonite Charge with an Ion Pulse that causes all traps and unstable machinery to activate.
    He knew.
  • Kudos for these detailed descriptions, would love to see 'em in the game! C'mon dice, you can make at least one these, right? Though I do think the current focus should be on the new big game mode (the geonosis thing), I hope hunt will expand some day.
  • Wow JMaster, just wow... Love all the ideas and enjoyed reading them! Really hope something like this comes to the game eventually.. :p
  • JMaster
    2284 posts Member
    Dionysos_B wrote: »
    Kudos for these detailed descriptions, would love to see 'em in the game! C'mon dice, you can make at least one these, right? Though I do think the current focus should be on the new big game mode (the geonosis thing), I hope hunt will expand some day.
    Thanks man! I tried to make these as well though-out as possible. Speaking of Geonosis, I do have another one in the pipeline that deals with the new map... ; )
    Wow JMaster, just wow... Love all the ideas and enjoyed reading them! Really hope something like this comes to the game eventually.. :p
    Gee, thanks, I appreciate it! Yeah, the future may not look as bright as I'd like, but I'm here to suggest whatever I please!
    He knew.
  • Porg hunt pls
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• JMaster
    2284 posts Member
    Porg hunt pls
    I do have some ST ideas I quite like, we'll see...
    He knew.
  • JMaster
    2284 posts Member
    Geonosian HuntPentarki Arena – The start of the Clone Wars, it would be criminal to not have Geonosians when the new map arrives. Having won the front of the First Battle of Geonosis, a squadron of Clone Troopers remains to ensure the order of the Geonosians. Armed with little more than their standard issue DC-15s, they patrol the ruins in the dark, and assume the populace will steer clear of the Republic troopers. Little do they know that the bugs await them. Ready to sic the caged monsters on them, the Clones must signal for an EVAC pronto, lest they fall prey to the bugs and the beasts…
    The Republic has to set up their signal transmitters in three randomized areas to triangulate their position and start the normal 5 minute timer. The Arena isn’t just an open plain like in the film in my eyes. There are crashed Gunships and pillars about, the walls of the arena have been partly blasted open revealing the catacomb-like innards, and the ground beneath the arena has many areas that are caved in to reveal complex caverns underneath the arena. The caves are full of fragile passageways with rocks and stalactites that will cave in on the heads of troopers, dealing 100 damage to them. Troopers can find weapon and equipment crates in crashed gunships, as well as some areas in caves. Geonosians can also access the holding pens for the arena beasts, and can unleash one of several vicious creatures to lay waste on the clones. Be careful though, Geonosians can easily fall prey to their own creatures as well. Reeks are tanks with have 350 health, and deal 150 damage with their powerful charge attack. They aren’t terribly fast and maneuverable otherwise, however, and they telegraph their main charge so it can be dodged skillfully. Acklays have 250 health, and are substantially faster than Reeks. Their attacks deal 60 damage per slash and stab, and they attack in a 3-stike burst that can take 180 health from a trooper that fails to roll or kill it. They take extra damage at their leg joints, however. Nexus only have 150 health, but are insanely fast and stealthy, with a leaping ambush attack that takes 100 heath from the trooper, and they quickly return to attack. Only a certain number of Beasts can be released at a time, and there is a limit to how many there are to spawn. This is of course if they are AI creatures, I’d love to have playable creatures in Battlefront eventually. Still, I wanted to have another element to make the Arena more faithful to the film.
    Geonosians have only 70 health, but are faster than your average Native. They wield a Static Pike, a painful tool used once on the various arena beasts, that deals 20 damage to the front and 40 to the back. Geonosians aren’t just known for their pikes, however, as one of their abilities is their Sonic Blaster. Operating similarly to the Jawa’s Overcharge, this powerful weapon has 3 charges, but it’s cone of effectiveness has a severe damage drop-off. Equipping it also causes the Geonosian to move 15% slower, so use it wisely. A winged species, Geonosians have a Flight ability that acts more or less like a re-skinned Jump-pack. Flight quickly tires them out, so they have a decent recharge time for this ability. Their last ability is Beast Bait, wherein the Geonosian throws a potent-smelling treat to lure a released beast toward a selected area. What’s more, landing a direct hit on a trooper will cause a released Beast to bee-line directly for that specific Clone. The vile substance has a very weak poison effect, but typically won’t cause any actual lasting damage. Beast Bait can be replaced with Electric Prod, which both causes a slight stun and damage effect to your pike, but also can rile up an Arena Best to move faster and deal increased damage for a small amount of time. This will increase the likelihood of it attacking you however, so save your jump for later. Sonic Blaster can be replaced with a Sonic Pistol that acts like Finn’s Glie-44 for a limited amount of time.
    Before you ask, there is another Geonosian Hunt mode I’ve been working on…
    He knew.
  • Worm Hunt - Republic Frigate TB-73/Geonosian Caverns – The Second Battle of Geonosis has begun, and small squadrons of troops are infiltrating the caverns of an abandoned Geonosian Temple. That is, so they think the temple is abandoned. In the twisting labyrinthine caves, dead Geonosians infected with a parasitic worm are roaming the tunnels in search of victims to spread the parasite. The Republic must stick together, using their wits and willpower to survive the dark caves and escape the hive mind.
    Or… as the Second Battle draws to a close, a medical frigate is lagging behind to pick up the stragglers just making it back. Little do they know one of the troopers is infected, taken into the Hive Mind with a sole purpose: Spread the worm. They have hijacked the frigate, and only the emergency lights are on as sparks fly from the hijacked vessel. The survivors must band together and call for help, but they must be wary, as the Infected could be any one of them...
    A true Zombie mode, this operates a bit differently for the standard Geonosian Hunt. The Republic objective in the Caverns is to destroy several clutches of Brain Worm eggs, and to then rig a Queen's chamber to blow with explosive charges. Doing so starts the normal 5 minute timer. Their opponents are Zombie Geonosians; who can't fly, have 70 health and use their bare Claws to deal 20 damage to the front of their opponents (40 damage to the back). This is very low, the same amount as the pike the normal Geonosians wield in the Arena Hunt AND has less reach, so their first ability compensates for this. That being their Primal Urge, a Frenzy like attack that deals 50 damage with each hit, and can deal a maximum of 3 consecutive hits. It can be partially avoided with a roll, but it is a devastating finale to a couple of other hits. Being undead and squishier than usual, They have an Alerting Screech that will summon some AI minons from the nearest cracks and crannies to attack nearby troopers. These have both less health and don't deal as much damage as player controlled models, but their power comes in numbers. They are able to worm through certain holes and cracks in the rocks that normal troopers could not, in order to better surprise and sneak up on unsuspecting troops. The ceiling has stalactites that can fall onto troopers at random to deal 100 damage like with Wampa Hunt. Being undead and squishier than usual, you can swap out Alerting Screech with Enhanced Aggression, which gives the minion increased sprint speed and damage output for several seconds. You can also replace Primal Urge with Stone Throw, where the overtaken native pulls a heavy rock from their surroundings to deal 120 damage with a direct hit.
    The TB-73 needs the Clones to send a distress call to the Republic to get a bio-hazard crew to help. In addition to the distress signal, the clones also need to sabotage the climate control to help kill the worms, but they will face stiff resistance. On the TB-73, the unaffected and Infected Clone Troopers look almost identical. Both wield DC-15s, wear their armor (with or without helmets, it's random), and have access to some of the same equipment. Thing is, the infected don't use their blasters, the hive mind is only concerned with the most superficial of details. They use their blasters like troopers use their melee, dealing a hearty amount of damage (35-70 depending on direction). They can use their wrist-mounted Com Links to temporarily listen in to Clone Troopers to reveal them on the radar and highlight them if they're close enough, like the Ewok's Hunter's instincts. The Inducted can also use their DC-15s for a few seconds, but their higher mental functions are impaired so they can't properly cool them down, hence it's an ability (I imagine they start shooting and then it overheats, so they bash it in frustration, snarling). The Inducted don't just spread the worm with their contact, they have a Geonosian Egg they can roll at troopers. Once it stops, they release a spawn that squirms toward the nearest untouched Clone. These can be killed easily, but they are very small and difficult to deal with. Failing to kill them and having the worm reach the trooper cause a minigame to play like the old Vader choke to rid the worm; failing will instantly cause the trooper to "die" and be infected. Even if the worms don't kill the trooper, it's still an effective way to divert their attention and attack them. In place of their Com Links you can equip a Furious Charge to tackle a Clone for 120 damage.
    These take forever, I actually have many more in the pipeline. Thanks and have a good one!
    He knew.
  • Wookiee HuntKachiro Beach – Seeking to imprison Kashyyyk, B2 Super Battle Droids are infiltrating the Wookiee homeward to gather intel for the upcoming invasion. Programed to believe in their superior firepower, armor, and processing power, the marshes are dark and the grass obscures the vision even more than usual: it feels like anything could be hiding behind them. In fact, a group of Wookiee freedom fighters lie in wait, ready to protect their homeward from the Separatist Alliance. The B2s must send in the data tapes in person, if they can only survive the Kashyyyk wilds...
    Kashyyyk is the Wookiee homeworld, and they are ready to defend it. Wookiees are a surprisingly crafty species, and have a number of traps and turrets they can use. Crafty Wookiees can place explosive proxy mines that deal 150-200 damage in huts they believe to be scoured and searched. Wary B2s can also disarm bombs they see with their blasters to balance it out. Hidden among the ground are Wookiee clamp-traps that briefly immobilize and deal 75 damage to unsuspecting droids that can be laid by the natives and sprung by Droid feet or blaster fire. There are also a select few turret emplacements with full-auto Assault Bowcasters, mounted on Catamarans to flush out Supers, and can also be destroyed by forward-thinking droids. The Supers have to collect surveillance data on he Wookiees to be air-lifted, which requires them going to several distinct huts and both acquiring data files hidden in the homes and using their built-in rangefinders to take pictures of strategic weakpoints. Doing so will start the standard 5 minute timer immediately afterwords. B2s would function a bit differently from the other infantry. These have more health than average, 300 to be exact, to better put them on par with the Wookiees. These Droids have fewer bells and whistles than the Enforcer variant, lacking the power cells and repair mechanisms for an Overload or Fortify, so they run like normal infantry. One of their possible bonuses in the supply crates would be their Wrist Rockets as a one time ammunition (they can acquire up to two rockets at time with charges). As these don't have a base Fortify, Supers can indeed get a one-time-use health boost that lasts for 1 minute and grants and extra 100 health. While they are much more bare-bones than their Enforcer variants, I did want you to be able to give them some semblance of their abilities. There is also a fire mode swap available in crates in place of weapons; a high powered semi-auto wrist-blaster modification that acts like the OG Tri-Shot, but the damage drop-off is severe.
    Wookiees are one of the toughest species out there, and it's difficult to take them down. They have 200 health and their mighty fists deal 50 damage per swing to an opponent (100 to the back), but they're slower than the B2s. Their first ability is their Traditional Bowcaster, where for a few seconds they equip it to attack the intruders. It has to be charged to fire however, like the 2015 variant, and at full draw deals 150 damage, but this greatly decreases the firing time (by half) and the Wookiee walks slowly with it active like in Overload. In place of their Bowcaster, they can be given a powerful Kashyyyk Rifle in it's place that has 3 shots that deal 120 damage. It also causes the Wookiee to move slower, but they can still sprint (albeit 15% slower), but the shots are very precise, and it has a substantial delay before another shot can be fired (2 seconds). Their next ability is Wookiee Temper, where they perform a Frenzy-like attack where they wail on a nearby Battle Droid for several seconds. They deal 60 damage with each swing and can strike a total of 4 times, but this can be narrowly avoided with a dodge. In it's place, they can equip Valiant Cause to give the Wookiee an Adrenaline Stim-like healing factor for a few seconds. Their last ability is Improvised Explosive, where they create a bomb that acts similarly to Lando's Stun Trap and deals 150 damage, where they can throw it and remotely detonate it but it will go off on it's own after a few seconds (10).
    We near the end of the Clone Wars inspired ideas, but there's one more I thought would be interesting...
    He knew.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    we need changes on Ewok's hunt.
    I agree!
    He knew.
  • Hero Hunt: 4 Heroes survive against 16-36 troopers in timed rounds. 9 rounds. Most points win. Dev's do it.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Hero Hunt: 4 Heroes survive against 16-36 troopers in timed rounds. 9 rounds. Most points win. Dev's do it.
    That'd be intense. I can only think of Jedi getting slaughtered by Clones : )
    He knew.
  • I vote shut the mode down, its a gimmick distraction.
  • JMaster
    2284 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Morgancarr wrote: »
    I vote shut the mode down, its a gimmick distraction.
    I definitely think there are better modes that need more attention- mainly Extraction, Galactic Assault, and Starfighter Assault- but if they're gonna add new modes they shouldn't be half baked. These are suggestions if it's popular enough, and I doubt any of these are are on their agenda, and that might be for the best. Still, I've had fun with this, I'd hate to see a potentially great mode get squandered.
    He knew.
  • Good ideas.

Damn if only DICE had ambition like Pandemic once had. They were not afraid to go crazy with modes like hunt (Jawas vs Sand people) or assault on space.
  • HeavyTeemu wrote: »
    Good ideas.

**** if only DICE had ambition like Pandemic once had. They were not afraid to go crazy with modes like hunt (Jawas vs Sand people) or assault on space.
    Thanks! Yeah, I'd love for them to follow through with some of their ideas.
    He knew.
  • Trandoshan HuntWasskah Island – Hunting other sentient life is cruel, sadistic, and vile… Unless you’re a Trandoshan coming of age. It's that time of year again for the scaly hunters, and one particularly savage group has abducted some unwilling participants. They bring them to the dreaded Wasskah Island to let loose for the "fairness" of it, for the thrill of the hunt. Little do they know these are highly trained Republic Clone Troopers, and they will never let up! Dropped into the dark thorny jungle, the troopers plan to contact the Republic for an E-VAC. Armed with the fallen equipment from less coordinated and overconfident hunters, you have to collect parts for a signal transmitter and survive until the Republic rescue party finds you. Or until the hunters hang you on the wall.
    I'd like it if you can actually play as completely random characters. Standard infantry types mostly, and the variant is available for all three eras and all six factions. In this case, we'll be using Clone Troopers to fit in with the time period I've set, but I'd love a version with Jedi Padawans (armed with nothing but Force attacks instead). As stated before, the objective for the troopers is to rummage through spare parts and return them to a common area to construct a signal transmitter to start the normal 5 minute timer. The Thorny bushes are both a blessing and a curse; they make great cover when hiding from or evading the Hunters but they can be used against you, with Trandoshans able to shoot down branches to deal anywhere from 50-150 damage, depending on it's size of course. The map also has a level of verticality to it, but beware, for you can and will take serious fall damage.
    Trandoshans are frightening creatures, due to their superior senses and healing factor. They have 150 health, with a floaty jump like Bossk but to a lesser extent, and they aren't super fast normally. While using their blasters is more effective, these stubborn hunters wish to slaughter their quarry with their bare claws when possible. Their Claws deal 30 damage to the front and 60 to the back, but the standard melee range is limited like always. To scope out their prey they can switch to their Thermal Trackersand see faint heat signatures and dots on the map and deal more melee damage (50 to the front and 100 to the back). As Trandoshans are also famous healers, this can be replaced with Trandoshan Bloodlust, where they sprint faster for 12 seconds and gain an Adrenaline Stim effect. They do wield a Hunting Rifle that deals the same damage as a base Assault weapon, but this is used up in a few seconds and the Trandoshans switch back to their claws. It also has a substantial cooldown (30+ seconds) and like the Tusken Raiders, Wookiees, and Geonosians, can't be used the second you spawn in In place of that ability you can give the hunter a one-time use Scattergun with two very damaging shots (100 to the body, 150 to the head) but the damage drop off is severe, and they move slower while wielding it (sorry Vanguard lovers). The Hunters also have Stun Traps they can throw and activate like Lando's Shocker. The effect itself acts more like the Specialist's stun 'nade with a "cloud" of electricity that slows you down like the Wisties.
    That's all I had for the Clone Wars, if you have any other ideas from it I'd love to hear! Next up, it's the latest entries to the Star Wars saga...
    He knew.
  • Morgancarr wrote: »

My kids love this mode.
    The only distraction is you on this thread with zero input.

JMaster
    Well done with this great list of ideas .
  • Morgancarr wrote: »

My kids love this mode.
    The only distraction is you on this thread with zero input.

JMaster
    Well done with this great list of ideas .
    Thanks sir! I'm glad to hear that, it's kinda funny to me, if anything this is one of the potentially scarier modes to me. Oh well : P
    He knew.
  • Wampa hunt:
    As the rebels are fleeing Echo Base, a squad of rebels gets trapped in a section of the base where power goes out, thus turning out the lights and unlocking the doors to the rooms containing the wampas...
    Objective: the rebels must survive and make it to the nearest hangar.
    Rebel class: Specialist
    Gear: A280 and flash bangs.

Wookie hunt:
    After the execution of order 66, clone battalions are deployed to Kashyyyk to crush any further resistance from the local population.
    Objective: the clones must survive and hunt down and eliminate all wookies in the area.
    Clone class: Assault
    Gear: DC15 and detonite charges.

Gungan hunt:
    After their successful blockade of Naboo, the droid army begins the process of eliminating the local Gungan population.
    Objective: the droids must eliminate the Gungans before their own numbers reach zero.
    Droid class: Officer
    Gear: S-5 and thermal detonator.
  • ARC211092 wrote: »
    Wampa hunt:
    As the rebels are fleeing Echo Base, a squad of rebels gets trapped in a section of the base where power goes out, thus turning out the lights and unlocking the doors to the rooms containing the wampas...

Wookie hunt:
    After the execution of order 66, clone battalions are deployed to Kashyyyk to crush any further resistance from the local population.
    Objective: the clones must survive and hunt down and eliminate all wookies in the area.

Gungan hunt:
    After their successful blockade of Naboo, the droid army begins the process of eliminating the local Gungan population.
    Objective: the droids must eliminate the Gungans before their own numbers reach zero.
    Nice ones! I assume by gear you mean what you unlock from crates, right? Detonite charges sound very fun : )
    He knew.
  • JMaster wrote: »
    ARC211092 wrote: »
    Wampa hunt:

Wookie hunt:

Gungan hunt:
    Nice ones! I assume by gear you mean what you unlock from crates, right? Detonite charges sound very fun : )

The explosives would be what's in the crates, yes. But the blasters are what the non native species team would start out with.
  • I like Ewok Hunt as it is, but part of that is that it's already an unnerving experience for me, but more hunt maps/modes would be welcome.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • ARC211092 wrote: »
    JMaster wrote: »
    ARC211092 wrote: »
    Wampa hunt:

Wookie hunt:

Gungan hunt:

The explosives would be what's in the crates, yes. But the blasters are what the non native species team would start out with.
    Alright, neat! I wonder, is "non native species" the less triggering phrase for "invaders"... ( : I
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I like Ewok Hunt as it is, but part of that is that it's already an unnerving experience for me, but more hunt maps/modes would be welcome.
    It is, Night Endor reminds me of our time during the holidays in a cabin. The mountains and the steep drop-offs, the streams, and that slightly creepy "off" feeling in the dark, it's cool.
    He knew.
  • Porg hunt pls

Lol yes with Wookies
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • JMaster
    2284 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    The Cold War… The Fire Rises
    I figured I'd do my best to add a couple variants to the Sequel era. (Beware with the lack of options I may resort to troll posts but whatever) so I thought I'd come up with some fun ones! Our First has our team of daring Resistance agents on our side, yeah!
    Executioner Hunt - Starkiller Base - The commotion from the assault on Starkiller Base has given the captured Resistance agents a chance to escape. As the lights short out, leaving only the few red emergency systems up, the Resistance seek to escape the crushing confines of the regime's superweapon. Wielding some confiscated weaponry (either Resistance EL-16s or stolen F-11Ds, you tell me!), the Agents need to put out a distress call for a transport so they can escape. But their stay of execution may not last long. Prowling the malfunctioning dark corridors are First Order Executioners, wielding laser axes, their sole order being to cut down the pitiful fools. It's time to see if the Resistance really are as resourceful as they claim to be, or if their heads will roll...
    The Resistance agents have to override and disengage the First Order's various security features to escape. These objectives are different as the Resistance actually have to progress through several checkpoints in order to properly escape, with each set of doors having a separate override sequence they need to complete, think like Extraction having points that extend the timer. There are First Order Turret and Torture Droid spaced about that will shoot or poison you, so beware...
    Executioner Stormtroopers have 150 health, but they walk and sprint quite slowly due to their large cumbersome weapons, Laser Axes which deal 70 damage to the front and 140 to the back (they can also engage and disengage their axes with the Triangle/Y button like a lightsaber for stealth or terror!). To help with their lesser mobility, their first ability is Unwilling Traitor. To help steady unwilling prisoners for decapitation, Executioners carry stunning devices to incapacitate them, and here they throw a stun grenade that acts like the Wisties Pouch but without the homing feature, it damages the enemy half as much as Wisties but slows their movement even more in the area of effect. Being First Order Stormtroopers, they come equipped with a small SE-44C, but their power cells have been conveniently sabotaged to only work for a limited amount of time before overheating. This can be replaced with a longer range but slower firing F-11D, but again these are a limited-time use. Then there's Fearless Charge, a Hurricane Strike-like attack where the Trooper sprints forward very quickly, and hitting someone at the end of the animation deals a full 150 damage to them and staggers the opponent, but missing the strike will leave the Trooper vulnerable themselves for a bit. This can be replaced with an Executioner's Flurry, where they perfrom a short-range Frenzy attack on a nearby agent that deals 60 damage per swing and can slash 3 times.
    Next one has given me headaches for a while, but it would have to make it in with ST Hunt modes...
    He knew.
  • Combine the game modes so pc players actually have a chance to find a server with humans playing ewoks. :p
  • @Jmaster, I was thinking something similar to your "Jawa Hunt". I would very much like to see Ewok Hunt expanded upon, even come to have more than just Ewoks as the other faction to survive against. Jawas would work great, but I wonder if Ugnaughts could be used too.

"They CAN fly!" -Hondo Ohnaka.
  • Wau!!! I want to play this game mods :smiley: good ideas :+1:
    I have altered the post. Prey I don't alter it any further.
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Porg hunt pls

Lol yes with Wookies
    I've got at least one more real one in me before I resort to Porgs...
    riverslq wrote: »
    Combine the game modes so pc players actually have a chance to find a server with humans playing ewoks. :p
    Maybe some day. An HvV style anything-goes game mode with the Natives would be pretty awesome!
    @Jmaster, I was thinking something similar to your "Jawa Hunt". I would very much like to see Ewok Hunt expanded upon, even come to have more than just Ewoks as the other faction to survive against. Jawas would work great, but I wonder if Ugnaughts could be used too.

"They CAN fly!" -Hondo Ohnaka.
    Thanks! Jawa Hunt is one of my favorite posts, I like all the Tatooine ones really. Ugnaughts would be great, and they already have several excellent maps to use them on (mainly the Campaign maps and the Carbon Freezing Chambers), so they'd just need to make the models. For me though, I thought Jawas, Gamorreans and Tuskens would be great since there's already a plethora of old BF2015 Tatooine maps that were stellar as well as models in the games for Jawas and the Guards.
    Wau!!! I want to play this game mods :smiley: good ideas :+1:
    Thanks man!
    He knew.
  • Starwarsfanboosk_com
    1281 posts Member
    edited January 21
    Love this, can't believe I missed this thread

bring the hunt
  • JMaster
    2284 posts Member
    Love this, can't believe I missed this thread

bring the hunt
    It's all good! I need to finish up my other ST concept, here's hoping the devs take some feedback from both of our threads!
    He knew.
  • They need to port in the other Ewok based maps from the previous games. I'd also love it if I could pick my Ewok skin. The valiant horn should also increase the Ewok's speed and roll stamina and have a longer duration.

The Endor campaign map or GA map would be a nice addition to EH and get me back into the mode. Nice work OP.
  • JMaster
    2284 posts Member
    They need to port in the other Ewok based maps from the previous games. I'd also love it if I could pick my Ewok skin. The valiant horn should also increase the Ewok's speed and roll stamina and have a longer duration.

The Endor campaign map or GA map would be a nice addition to EH and get me back into the mode. Nice work OP.
    Yes! I'd love for the different Hunt modes to have multiple maps, that was one of my favorite aspects of BF2015. I'd love to see both the current Endor and the original Forest Moon of Endor make it in for the Ewoks.
    He knew.