criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

A sad day that some nobody cartoon character has been leaked

1235789

Replies

  • unit900000 wrote: »
    I think we are getting off topic. None of this takes away from the fact that star wars attraction is immersive sci fi done in a way that makes it almost believable with the characters, attention to technology, ... Actual real actors and models in the scenes... And we all bought into it big time.

    Then they go and ruin it by making some super unbelievable cartoon rubbish and try and tell us it's the same experience as the original films .. and oh my god it so so so isn't. Therefore myself, and I know a lot of other proper star wars fans, simply disregard it as a huge mistake ..like the estranged wife you wish you never had

    Then they go and try and force it back onto us in our ultra detailed, true to life star wars game..... And expect us to be happy with it and accept it... I don't think so.

    do you seriously only watch the movies? if you dont enjoy the cartoons whatever but if you dont read any of the books or comics either and you ONLY watch the movies then honestly your not a hardcore star wars fan your just a casual sorry not sorry but it needs to be said.

    Hahaha! Of course I tried to read the books and tried to get into the cartoons... But it is just not the same .. nowhere near the same...star wars is cinematic sci fi.. not for book worms..it's for believable scenes and technology not boring drawings and unbelievable animation. If you don't see and understand that then you are not a true fan ... sorry not sorry but it needs to be said...

    And someone whisper it to the Devs because these convos are getting boring.

    Got to be a kid

    I know right? He must be. kids like cartoons
    Star wars episode 12,4,5& 6 are kid movies

    You are correct sir, per George Lucas. Your gonna offend the guys with triple 6’s in their name and skull avatars.
  • Why is it when I edit it deletes my post for approval, what the ——?

    I saw that these forums are kind of goofy happens to me as well thats why I tend to copy my post before replying.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    Why is it when I edit it deletes my post for approval, what the ——?

    I saw that these forums are kind of goofy happens to me as well thats why I tend to copy my post before replying.

    Yep, you go to edit and then boom, post is gone and I get a waiting for approval. Then a few moments later I have a double post.
  • Why is it when I edit it deletes my post for approval, what the ——?

    Yeah, that is the one thing I dislike about this forum.
  • Lol so tired of 'true fans' and ppl that believe that the franchise is THEIRS, and others who believe they are Star Wars writers/authorities (maybe related to Kasdan family, maybe, or Lucas family, perhaps) to decide what is true/canon Star Wars content and what is not.

    "not for book worms..it's for believable scenes and technology not boring drawings and unbelievable animation. If you don't see and understand that then you are not a true fan"


    "Book...worms" ¬¬'

    "Believably scenes and technology" (omg this cracked me up, really)

    "If you dont agree with my opinion YOU ARE NOT A TRUE FAN"

    Seriously.

    WHO...ARE... YOU???

    If I had a catapult I would give free visits to Mars to so many ppl...
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    Lol so tired of 'true fans' and ppl that believe that the franchise is THEIRS, and others who believe they are Star Wars writers/authorities (maybe related to Kasdan family, maybe, or Lucas family, perhaps) to decide what is true/canon Star Wars content and what is not.

    "not for book worms..it's for believable scenes and technology not boring drawings and unbelievable animation. If you don't see and understand that then you are not a true fan"


    "Book...worms" ¬¬'

    "Believably scenes and technology" (omg this cracked me up, really)

    "If you dont agree with my opinion YOU ARE NOT A TRUE FAN"

    Seriously.

    WHO...ARE... YOU???

    If I had a catapult I would give free visits to Mars to so many ppl...

    The arbiter of what is/not canon is now Disney (since they paid for that privilege), and they have exercised that power by invalidating nearly everything that is not the movies themselves. Whatever anyone else says regarding what is/not canon is irrelevant.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Liz4rD wrote: »
    Lol so tired of 'true fans' and ppl that believe that the franchise is THEIRS, and others who believe they are Star Wars writers/authorities (maybe related to Kasdan family, maybe, or Lucas family, perhaps) to decide what is true/canon Star Wars content and what is not.

    "not for book worms..it's for believable scenes and technology not boring drawings and unbelievable animation. If you don't see and understand that then you are not a true fan"


    "Book...worms" ¬¬'

    "Believably scenes and technology" (omg this cracked me up, really)

    "If you dont agree with my opinion YOU ARE NOT A TRUE FAN"

    Seriously.

    WHO...ARE... YOU???

    If I had a catapult I would give free visits to Mars to so many ppl...

    The arbiter of what is/not canon is now Disney (since they paid for that privilege), and they have exercised that power by invalidating nearly everything that is not the movies themselves. Whatever anyone else says regarding what is/not canon is irrelevant.

    Lucas also didn't consider anything hard canon that wasn't in the movies or Clone Wars TV show. He directly contradicted cloning and other things established by the now Legends books before the PT.

    Had he done the ST, it's almost a given he would have done the same thing Disney has done. The now Legends books didn't leave any room for a ST. They were essentially a good way for Lucas to allow Star Wars stories to continue to be told for a long time since he wasn't sure when or if he would get back to movies. I don't think anyone expected characters like Thrawn and Mara Jade to gain a fan base like they did.
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    Lol so tired of 'true fans' and ppl that believe that the franchise is THEIRS, and others who believe they are Star Wars writers/authorities (maybe related to Kasdan family, maybe, or Lucas family, perhaps) to decide what is true/canon Star Wars content and what is not.

    "not for book worms..it's for believable scenes and technology not boring drawings and unbelievable animation. If you don't see and understand that then you are not a true fan"


    "Book...worms" ¬¬'

    "Believably scenes and technology" (omg this cracked me up, really)

    "If you dont agree with my opinion YOU ARE NOT A TRUE FAN"

    Seriously.

    WHO...ARE... YOU???

    If I had a catapult I would give free visits to Mars to so many ppl...

    So .. to be clear .. you agree yea? Ok cool. I'm sure you'll feel better after a knap. Let's move on.
  • I mean you guys can complain (as you all have repeatedly for the last year whenever Clone Wars is brought up) but Ashoka has been a done deal for a very long time, if you ask me, same as Anakin. Both had voiceovers in the trailer for the game for the Clone Wars space battle over Ryloth. We’d probably have her and the rest by now if not for the loot box controversy.

    But heyho, you guys do you.
  • I dont really care about ashoka, i didnt watch clone wars animation. But you all have to understand that they have to do what the most part of the community wants, and if you get any poll done in the past you will see that after the 4 heroes we are getting now, ashoka was always one of the most required hero. So we all will have to accept it. We are in a democracy, not in the empire
  • I dont really care about ashoka, i didnt watch clone wars animation. But you all have to understand that they have to do what the most part of the community wants, and if you get any poll done in the past you will see that after the 4 heroes we are getting now, ashoka was always one of the most required hero. So we all will have to accept it. We are in a democracy, not in the empire

    Okey, so when are the new extraction maps are released?
  • I dont really care about ashoka, i didnt watch clone wars animation. But you all have to understand that they have to do what the most part of the community wants, and if you get any poll done in the past you will see that after the 4 heroes we are getting now, ashoka was always one of the most required hero. So we all will have to accept it. We are in a democracy, not in the empire

    12k isn't even 30% of people who play this game regularly let alone people who BOUGHT the game.

    now if they did an in-game pool then your argument would be valid... but it isn't.
  • TariboWest wrote: »
    I dont really care about ashoka, i didnt watch clone wars animation. But you all have to understand that they have to do what the most part of the community wants, and if you get any poll done in the past you will see that after the 4 heroes we are getting now, ashoka was always one of the most required hero. So we all will have to accept it. We are in a democracy, not in the empire

    Okey, so when are the new extraction maps are released?

    Right after the much requested emote wheel.

    @Andre_bassani This is not a democracy, it is a benevolent dictatorship.

    Where was the "None of the above" choice on a poll that only offered CW characters?
    New maps would have been preferred instead of yet another "hero" that will be broken on arrival and will be played on the same maps, most of which we have had for over a year. So now we have to look forward to the numerous threads about how HvV or GA is out of balance because of a hero or that the hero needs another buff or nerf all while still playing the same maps. No thanks.

    This game needs new maps, blasters/weapons and bug fixes.

    Exactly. We'll have 20 (!) Heroes by the end of February. It's already extremaly dififcult to balance the game. We've got a looot of bugged, unbalanced heroes so it's about time to stop this madness. We need more maps, skins, weapons and balance (but maps are clearly the most important). Let's be realistic - this game will not be supported forever. Let the Devs focus on the most important issues.
  • Agreed, no more Saber characters after Anakin, Focus must be on creating maps for the new non linear mode which is what's going to impact this game the most out of all the possible content they can add.
  • Agreed, no more Saber characters after Anakin, Focus must be on creating maps for the new non linear mode which is what's going to impact this game the most out of all the possible content they can add.

    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Ciena_Ree wrote: »
    I mean you guys can complain (as you all have repeatedly for the last year whenever Clone Wars is brought up) but Ashoka has been a done deal for a very long time, if you ask me, same as Anakin. Both had voiceovers in the trailer for the game for the Clone Wars space battle over Ryloth. We’d probably have her and the rest by now if not for the loot box controversy.

    But heyho, you guys do you.

    Very true. Their "free DLC" was obviously going to be funded by loot boxes. Ahsoka would have been in the game by Summer last year.
  • I dont really care about ashoka, i didnt watch clone wars animation. But you all have to understand that they have to do what the most part of the community wants, and if you get any poll done in the past you will see that after the 4 heroes we are getting now, ashoka was always one of the most required hero. So we all will have to accept it. We are in a democracy, not in the empire

    It's a truth these guys don't want to hear about. Prepare to be told the fan polls are invalid for one reason or another.

    I mean it's ok to be a fan of certain eras or content over others, but don't lose all perspective over it. DICE is going to do what they think will draw the most people to the game, and Ahsoka is one of the most popular characters available. Even from a raw business standpoint, she's easily a better option than a much lesser known hero that got a cameo in a movie.

    Any fan should want this because more people in the game increases the odds you will get the characters you want in the future.

    The irony here is all the complaints about cartoon characters, yet the cartoons are the only place characters like Dengar and Bossk got any real screen time. lol
  • Liz4rD wrote: »

    DICE made a survey and Ahsoka Tano was one of the most demanded characters. I, myself, voted for her.


    Was Revan include in that vote? I guessed so...
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    I don't want to see Ahsoka in the near future, and it has nothing to do with her being a cartoon character.
    Heroes should not be a priority
    And we've already had four new lightsaber additions

    Yes i'm agree, we should receive something fresh and new, we have enough of Clone wars content.

    Hi agree, I'm the CEO of the baze fanclub
  • ZephanUnbound
    1819 posts Member
    edited January 19
    Relmets wrote: »
    I don't want to see Ahsoka in the near future, and it has nothing to do with her being a cartoon character.
    Heroes should not be a priority
    And we've already had four new lightsaber additions

    If it's any consolation, Padme and Jango are also rumored heavily. I'm about 95% positive that they will be the next 2 sets of heroes/villains added, but it's hard to say in which order just yet. We have Dennis Branvall saying that female heroes/villains would be a priority in the future since there are only 4 in BF2 currently, and Ahsoka, Ventress, and Padme are the top female possibilities (Jyn as well is a strong possibility I'd say). We have the datamined Grievous voice lines that mention Ahsoka and Padme. It's pretty clear that they are coming next.

    As for maps, I agree it would be nice to see more (I especially want Mustafar and Jedi Temple maps, as well as the return of Scarif from BF1), but it's pretty clear why DICE is prioritizing heroes/villains over maps, new heroes/villains come with new optional skins for people to buy, plus they cost credits themselves, which uses up people's credits so they have less credits to spend on skins and are more likely to buy crystals to get the skins with, at least in theory, and that is the only way that EA can make money from Battlefront 2's DLC. Of course they could just add more skins for current heroes/villains, why they aren't doing that I honestly don't know. There are literally dozens of potential skins for current heroes/villains, as you can see in the thread in my sig, but for whatever reason the existing heroes/villains haven't gotten any new skins since the Han Solo season over the summer.

    Thankfully HvV is my most played mode so I will always welcome more hero/villain choices, but some new maps sure would be nice to see as well. At least we are finally getting HvV Geonosis next week.
  • Relmets wrote: »
    I don't want to see Ahsoka in the near future, and it has nothing to do with her being a cartoon character.
    Heroes should not be a priority
    And we've already had four new lightsaber additions

    If it's any consolation, Padme and Jango are also rumored heavily. I'm about 95% positive that they will be the next 2 sets of heroes/villains added, but it's hard to say in which order just yet.

    As for maps, I agree it would be nice to see more (I especially want Mustafar and Jedi Temple maps, as well as the return of Scarif from BF1), but it's pretty clear why DICE is prioritizing heroes/villains over maps, new heroes/villains come with new optional skins for people to buy, plus they cost credits themselves, which uses up people's credits so they have less credits to spend on skins and are more likely to buy crystals to get the skins with, at least in theory, and that is the only way that EA can make money from Battlefront 2's DLC. Of course they could just add more skins for current heroes/villains, why they aren't doing that I honestly don't know. There are literally dozens of potential skins for current heroes/villains, as you can see in the thread in my sig, but for whatever reason the existing heroes/villains haven't gotten any new skins since the Han Solo season over the summer.

    Thankfully HvV is my most played mode so I will always welcome more hero/villain choices, but some new maps sure would be nice to see as well. At least we are finally getting HvV Geonosis next week.

    True. More content sells games and skins, making them money that can be used to add even more content. Bug fixes sound great and all, but they don't sell games. I've said it before, it's the nature of hero based games trying to sell cosmetics, etc. for funding. Game breaking bugs will get fixed, but smaller stuff and balance will get low priority and happen when they have time.

    And the last thing they need to do right now is go on a new content dry spell like they did most of 2018. They just got some positive momentum for the game. They need to capitalize on that while they have a chance, not disappear for another six months or so.
  • Relmets wrote: »
    I don't want to see Ahsoka in the near future, and it has nothing to do with her being a cartoon character.
    Heroes should not be a priority
    And we've already had four new lightsaber additions

    This ^

    I'm sick of them ignoring infantry
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

  • unit900000 wrote: »
    I think we are getting off topic. None of this takes away from the fact that star wars attraction is immersive sci fi done in a way that makes it almost believable with the characters, attention to technology, ... Actual real actors and models in the scenes... And we all bought into it big time.

    Then they go and ruin it by making some super unbelievable cartoon rubbish and try and tell us it's the same experience as the original films .. and oh my god it so so so isn't. Therefore myself, and I know a lot of other proper star wars fans, simply disregard it as a huge mistake ..like the estranged wife you wish you never had

    Then they go and try and force it back onto us in our ultra detailed, true to life star wars game..... And expect us to be happy with it and accept it... I don't think so.

    do you seriously only watch the movies? if you dont enjoy the cartoons whatever but if you dont read any of the books or comics either and you ONLY watch the movies then honestly your not a hardcore star wars fan your just a casual sorry not sorry but it needs to be said.

    Hahaha! Of course I tried to read the books and tried to get into the cartoons... But it is just not the same .. nowhere near the same...star wars is cinematic sci fi.. not for book worms..it's for believable scenes and technology not boring drawings and unbelievable animation. If you don't see and understand that then you are not a true fan ... sorry not sorry but it needs to be said...

    And someone whisper it to the Devs because these convos are getting boring.

    Got to be a kid

    I know right? He must be. kids like cartoons
    Star wars episode 12,4,5& 6 are kid movies

    You are correct sir, per George Lucas. Your gonna offend the guys with triple 6’s in their name and skull avatars.

    OT probably would've had PG-13 rating if it had been a thing back then (first appeared in 1984 with Red Dawn).

    I mean are onscreen murders, charred corpses, sexual innuendo and slave Leia really aimed at cartoon age kids?

    Ewoks are the only thing I can think of that seems explicitly aimed at toy aged kids, but that wasn't until EP6
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

    Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    It's time for the greatness
    a3d451tvu7u3.jpeg

    If there's one thing that could turn me G a Y this might be it.
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    Obi Wan armour aspect is from a cartoon and everyone was very happy with it.

    Speak for yourself dude. I thought it was crap and haven't bought it nor will I.

    Indeed

    the Fact that we have that, but Old Ben Kenobi isn't even listed in the roadmap speaks a lot about the devs' preference and disregard to OT fans

    I don't know if its disregard or just catering to the youtube/reddit crowd.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    Liz4rD wrote: »
    Obi Wan armour aspect is from a cartoon and everyone was very happy with it.

    Speak for yourself dude. I thought it was crap and haven't bought it nor will I.

    Indeed

    the Fact that we have that, but Old Ben Kenobi isn't even listed in the roadmap speaks a lot about the devs' preference and disregard to OT fans

    I don't know if its disregard or just catering to the youtube/reddit crowd.

    Catering to canon & it is the clone wars season
  • Starwarsfanboosk_com
    1241 posts Member
    edited January 20
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Liz4rD wrote: »
    Obi Wan armour aspect is from a cartoon and everyone was very happy with it.

    Speak for yourself dude. I thought it was crap and haven't bought it nor will I.

    Indeed

    the Fact that we have that, but Old Ben Kenobi isn't even listed in the roadmap speaks a lot about the devs' preference and disregard to OT fans

    I don't know if its disregard or just catering to the youtube/reddit crowd.

    If I recall right, isn't there some sort of license issue here. I'm almost positive I remember that as the reason Old Ben was not in the 2015 Battlefront game. Something about not being able to use the likeness of Alec Guinness. Since that game had nothing but OT era content, that meant no Obi-Wan.

    So now with PT era content, they can use the Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan voiced by the same actor that voiced him in Clone Wars.

    no, their reasoning for no old ben was "tOo siMiLAr To lUkE''
  • bfloo
    14399 posts Member
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Liz4rD wrote: »
    Obi Wan armour aspect is from a cartoon and everyone was very happy with it.

    Speak for yourself dude. I thought it was crap and haven't bought it nor will I.

    Indeed

    the Fact that we have that, but Old Ben Kenobi isn't even listed in the roadmap speaks a lot about the devs' preference and disregard to OT fans

    I don't know if its disregard or just catering to the youtube/reddit crowd.

    If I recall right, isn't there some sort of license issue here. I'm almost positive I remember that as the reason Old Ben was not in the 2015 Battlefront game. Something about not being able to use the likeness of Alec Guinness. Since that game had nothing but OT era content, that meant no Obi-Wan.

    So now with PT era content, they can use the Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan voiced by the same actor that voiced him in Clone Wars.

    no, their reasoning for no old ben was "tOo siMiLAr To lUkE''

    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    Liz4rD wrote: »
    Obi Wan armour aspect is from a cartoon and everyone was very happy with it.

    Speak for yourself dude. I thought it was crap and haven't bought it nor will I.

    Indeed

    the Fact that we have that, but Old Ben Kenobi isn't even listed in the roadmap speaks a lot about the devs' preference and disregard to OT fans

    I don't know if its disregard or just catering to the youtube/reddit crowd.

    If I recall right, isn't there some sort of license issue here. I'm almost positive I remember that as the reason Old Ben was not in the 2015 Battlefront game. Something about not being able to use the likeness of Alec Guinness. Since that game had nothing but OT era content, that meant no Obi-Wan.

    So now with PT era content, they can use the Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan voiced by the same actor that voiced him in Clone Wars.

    That is what I have heard as well, that EA was unable to come to an agreement with whoever runs Alec Guiness' estate. Supposedly Alec Guiness' estate wanted more compensation for using Alec's likeness than EA was willing to pay.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    Liz4rD wrote: »
    Obi Wan armour aspect is from a cartoon and everyone was very happy with it.

    Speak for yourself dude. I thought it was crap and haven't bought it nor will I.

    Indeed

    the Fact that we have that, but Old Ben Kenobi isn't even listed in the roadmap speaks a lot about the devs' preference and disregard to OT fans

    I don't know if its disregard or just catering to the youtube/reddit crowd.

    If I recall right, isn't there some sort of license issue here. I'm almost positive I remember that as the reason Old Ben was not in the 2015 Battlefront game. Something about not being able to use the likeness of Alec Guinness. Since that game had nothing but OT era content, that meant no Obi-Wan.

    So now with PT era content, they can use the Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan voiced by the same actor that voiced him in Clone Wars.

    That is what I have heard as well, that EA was unable to come to an agreement with whoever runs Alec Guiness' estate. Supposedly Alec Guiness' estate wanted more compensation for using Alec's likeness than EA was willing to pay.

    Lies, He appeared in the force unleashed and since its not actually him it can be used
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    Liz4rD wrote: »
    Obi Wan armour aspect is from a cartoon and everyone was very happy with it.

    Speak for yourself dude. I thought it was crap and haven't bought it nor will I.

    Indeed

    the Fact that we have that, but Old Ben Kenobi isn't even listed in the roadmap speaks a lot about the devs' preference and disregard to OT fans

    I don't know if its disregard or just catering to the youtube/reddit crowd.

    If I recall right, isn't there some sort of license issue here. I'm almost positive I remember that as the reason Old Ben was not in the 2015 Battlefront game. Something about not being able to use the likeness of Alec Guinness. Since that game had nothing but OT era content, that meant no Obi-Wan.

    So now with PT era content, they can use the Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan voiced by the same actor that voiced him in Clone Wars.

    That is what I have heard as well, that EA was unable to come to an agreement with whoever runs Alec Guiness' estate. Supposedly Alec Guiness' estate wanted more compensation for using Alec's likeness than EA was willing to pay.

    I don't buy it.
  • DarthJ
    6109 posts Member
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Liz4rD wrote: »
    Obi Wan armour aspect is from a cartoon and everyone was very happy with it.

    Speak for yourself dude. I thought it was crap and haven't bought it nor will I.

    Indeed

    the Fact that we have that, but Old Ben Kenobi isn't even listed in the roadmap speaks a lot about the devs' preference and disregard to OT fans

    I don't know if its disregard or just catering to the youtube/reddit crowd.

    If I recall right, isn't there some sort of license issue here. I'm almost positive I remember that as the reason Old Ben was not in the 2015 Battlefront game. Something about not being able to use the likeness of Alec Guinness. Since that game had nothing but OT era content, that meant no Obi-Wan.

    So now with PT era content, they can use the Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan voiced by the same actor that voiced him in Clone Wars.

    This isn't the case, or else Ben Kenobi wouldn't be in the Galaxy of Heroes phone game, his voice wouldn't have been allowed to be used in Episode VII in Rey's 'awakening', etc. Reeks more of purely not wanting to add him, possibly due to limited staff etc.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Liz4rD wrote: »
    Obi Wan armour aspect is from a cartoon and everyone was very happy with it.

    Speak for yourself dude. I thought it was crap and haven't bought it nor will I.

    Indeed

    the Fact that we have that, but Old Ben Kenobi isn't even listed in the roadmap speaks a lot about the devs' preference and disregard to OT fans

    I don't know if its disregard or just catering to the youtube/reddit crowd.

    If I recall right, isn't there some sort of license issue here. I'm almost positive I remember that as the reason Old Ben was not in the 2015 Battlefront game. Something about not being able to use the likeness of Alec Guinness. Since that game had nothing but OT era content, that meant no Obi-Wan.

    So now with PT era content, they can use the Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan voiced by the same actor that voiced him in Clone Wars.

    This isn't the case, or else Ben Kenobi wouldn't be in the Galaxy of Heroes phone game, his voice wouldn't have been allowed to be used in Episode VII in Rey's 'awakening', etc. Reeks more of purely not wanting to add him, possibly due to limited staff etc.

    Not to mention there's also card art with alec Guinness' face on it.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • ZephanUnbound
    1819 posts Member
    edited January 21
    It's not a matter of his his estate not letting anybody use his likeness guys, it's just a matter of them asking alot of money to use it from what I've heard. Of course LucasFilm could afford it for Episode 7, that movie had a $306m budget. Same goes for him being in Star Wars Rebels, with a tv show budget like they could easily afford it. Yes, his likeness was used in EA's mobile Star Wars game, and I'm guessing that's exactly why he's not in Battlefront 2, EA paid for the rights to his likeness for the mobile game and decided that it wasn't worth it to pay that high amount again (supposedly his estate only gives out the rights to use his likeness on a case by case basis, so you have to repay them every time you use it), when there is a good chance that everybody will just buy the skin with credits instead of crystals and EA will not only make no profit from the skin, but possibly even lose money on it.
  • Well whatever version is the correct one .. it all seems a huge pity.
  • It's not a matter of his his estate not letting anybody use his likeness guys, it's just a matter of them asking alot of money to use it from what I've heard. Of course LucasFilm could afford it for Episode 7, that movie had a $306m budget. Same goes for him being in Star Wars Rebels, with a tv show budget like they could easily afford it. Yes, his likeness was used in EA's mobile Star Wars game, and I'm guessing that's exactly why he's not in Battlefront 2, EA paid for the rights to his likeness for the mobile game and decided that it wasn't worth it to pay that high amount again (supposedly his estate only gives out the rights to use his likeness on a case by case basis, so you have to repay them every time you use it), when there is a good chance that everybody will just buy the skin with credits instead of crystals and EA will not only make no profit from the skin, but possibly even lose money on it.

    Yeah this is exactly what all the conversation was about at the time. It makes no sense at all for EA not to put Old Ben in the 2015 game if they could have. He would have been a good draw for the Outer Rim DLC opposite Greedo. Why would EA sideline him for Nien Nunb on the excuse of "too much like Luke"? lol No way I believe that.
  • Alec Guinness signed over for his likeness to be used in conjunction with star wars when he signed on to do the film (A new hope). I remember seeing an interview with Carrie Fisher and she talk about this (and why they have no choice were their likeness appears - lunch boxes, stickers, posters, bubble gum wrappers etc).

    On a side note I just started watch the 'Clone wars' cartoon - it's actually really good!
    (and I'm an old 43 year old fart )

    Yeah, my dad is 56 and he has watched Clone Wars all the way through twice now. This belief that the show is only for kids is just silly imo.

    Yeah Clone Wars is some awesome stuff. It's Star Wars action on the same level as the movies.

    Rebels is some great stuff too. I recently got the Season 4 Blu Ray and am almost done watching it. I forgot how close it is to Clone Wars. It doesn't get as dark because its TVY7, but it has the same overall tone as Clone Wars. Its the same serious quality and attention to the characters.

    By comparison, Resistance is a legit kids cartoon. The difference between Resistance and Rebels is night and day.

    I usually get the seasons off iTunes as they come out. When a new Rebels episode would come out or a trailer would air, Rebels would always shoot up the list of top tv shows. It wasn't usual to see it in the top 5 at times. I haven't seen Resistance on the top TV shows list since the pilot episode lol.
  • ZephanUnbound
    1819 posts Member
    edited January 21
    Alec Guinness signed over for his likeness to be used in conjunction with star wars when he signed on to do the film (A new hope). I remember seeing an interview with Carrie Fisher and she talk about this (and why they have no choice were their likeness appears - lunch boxes, stickers, posters, bubble gum wrappers etc).

    On a side note I just started watch the 'Clone wars' cartoon - it's actually really good!
    (and I'm an old 43 year old fart )

    I did some research and it seems that Alec Guiness was quite smart. When most of the other actors opted to take flat rate pay for their role in Episode 4, Alec instead made a deal to get 2% royalties on Episode 4 as well as royalties on any future Star Wars product that used his likeness. Whereas James Earl Jones got just $7,000 for his role as Darth Vader's voice in Episode 4, Alec Guiness and his estate have made more than $95m from Star Wars thanks to the royalty deal.

    A quote from an article I just found:

    "So how much did this brilliant maneuver put into Sir Alec's bank? Thanks, especially, to the re-release of Star Wars in the 90's, Alec Guinness and his estate have earned more than $95 million from Star Wars. Guinness died in 2000, but because of his epic Star Wars deal, his estate has continued to earn millions through royalty checks, licensing and merchandise sales. To put this into perspective: Alec earned more money playing Ob-Wan Kenobi than he had previously earned from his other 40 major film roles… combined, including his Oscar winning role in The Bridge on the River Kwai."

    Reading that, it sounds like it could have cost EA 2% of the revenue of Battlefront 1 or 2 to put him in either game. That is crazy if true, as the game has sold like 10m+ copies at prices ranging from $5-80. 2% of the total revenue of the game would be alot for sure.
  • DarthJ
    6109 posts Member
    It's not a matter of his his estate not letting anybody use his likeness guys, it's just a matter of them asking alot of money to use it from what I've heard. Of course LucasFilm could afford it for Episode 7, that movie had a $306m budget. Same goes for him being in Star Wars Rebels, with a tv show budget like they could easily afford it. Yes, his likeness was used in EA's mobile Star Wars game, and I'm guessing that's exactly why he's not in Battlefront 2, EA paid for the rights to his likeness for the mobile game and decided that it wasn't worth it to pay that high amount again (supposedly his estate only gives out the rights to use his likeness on a case by case basis, so you have to repay them every time you use it), when there is a good chance that everybody will just buy the skin with credits instead of crystals and EA will not only make no profit from the skin, but possibly even lose money on it.

    I am sorry but I think this is wrong. A lot of 'supposedly' in there and rumours. This is just the type of thing that they can pretend its true so they dont have to make it.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!