criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Lack of Count Dooku news

Kian_Francis17
119 posts Member
edited January 20
Can someone give me the answer to why we are not getting any info about Dooku. Pictures, abilities etc. until a day before he is released? Is there a reason for this or is it because you can't be bothered to market him at all?

Replies

• It's the weekend. They will post it Monday or Tuesday. Is it really that pertinent to know his abilities and star cards asap? Take it easy. I swear some of the people that play this game are like people that annoyingly stare at bar tenders and baristas while they make your drink.

Why would they market him? One hero is not bringing back players.
  • They’ve got to go through some massive stupid process before they can literally tell us anything. It’s probably because of EA and Lucas Arts, but it’s absolutely pathetic and a completely unprofessional. News is probably coming on Monday.

nope will be on tuesday
  • JMaster
    2113 posts Member
    I hope we get something tomorrow, he is one of the characters I've been forward too.
    It's the weekend. They will post it Monday or Tuesday. Is it really that pertinent to know his abilities and star cards asap? Take it easy. I swear some of the people that play this game are like people that annoyingly stare at bar tenders and baristas while they make your drink.

Why would they market him? One hero is not bringing back players.
    They did it with Grievous, and he was a pretty popular addition. I don't think it's unreasonable to want information on the update coming in 3 days.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • VaperEyes
    589 posts Member
    edited January 20
    Count Dooku news?
    Let me paint the picture OP: the DEVs bring in Sith Lord & Grand Master Dooku to the game - the complaints start day one. PPL with a Level Zero Dooku will complain about his lack of abilities (white Star cards / half baked weapon). Day two the complaints will be that he's too overpowered bc he killed a bunch of ppl not familiar with his abilities (no, a Level 10 Dooku has emerged)??? A week later the Purple cards show'd up - and Dooku has ppl waiting in the Cue like he's on tour in London (the DEVs haven't tweakd' the exploits)?
    *Dooku is a cool character - and I think his BP should be like 2500 (with a timer) - so everybody can test drive this fool. I see level 40 Grevious running around my Level 3 Grevious (same with Kenobi). PPL are playing the exploits and I don't blame them one bit....
    Keep it Beautiful DEVs

• They did it with Grievous, and he was a pretty popular addition. I don't think it's unreasonable to want information on the update coming in 3 days.

Yeah and Ben clearly said it coming early next week before the update. Some people here are so impatient. The Grevious update showed me that releasing one hero at a time is anti-climatic and not the right way to do it. I least I found it underwhelming.
  • Do people not want unknown content anymore? Who cares if we dont know his abilities or anything. Find something else to complain about
  • bfloo
    14085 posts Member
    Do people not want unknown content anymore? Who cares if we dont know his abilities or anything. Find something else to complain about

There were people here watching previews of the campaign instead of waiting to play it themselves.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    I get what OP is saying - Grievous was hyped (at the very least here), and Obi was advertised like mad. Dooku - feels like there has been pretty much nothing ahead of this weeks release.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • they are going to tell us tomorrow
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • Probably waiting acceptance from the Christopher Lee estate. Alex Guinesses estate has been a stopping block in the past. Moff Tarkin was very nearly not allowed for rogue one. Only the Disney dollar got that pushed through. Game characters aren't really the top priority for controllers of dead actors estates. They need to be able to confirm dead actors likeness are not used in anyway that would be harmful to their past achievements.
  • This feels like an Indy game with the way the communication waits until the last second 😂, I remember playing GTA V years ago and wondering what it would be like if the communication about updates was nonexistent, well now I know
  • Probably waiting acceptance from the Christopher Lee estate. Alex Guinesses estate has been a stopping block in the past. Moff Tarkin was very nearly not allowed for rogue one. Only the Disney dollar got that pushed through. Game characters aren't really the top priority for controllers of dead actors estates. They need to be able to confirm dead actors likeness are not used in anyway that would be harmful to their past achievements.

3im8qmxrjnxn.gif
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • This feels like an Indy game with the way the communication waits until the last second 😂, I remember playing GTA V years ago and wondering what it would be like if the communication about updates was nonexistent, well now I know

Nonexistent....Ben is literally releasing the CT tomorrow. As Yoda would say, "Patience."

Do you guys really need more than 10 minutes to look over the abilities and cards to have an idea of what builds you'll want?
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    Probably waiting acceptance from the Christopher Lee estate. Alex Guinesses estate has been a stopping block in the past. Moff Tarkin was very nearly not allowed for rogue one. Only the Disney dollar got that pushed through. Game characters aren't really the top priority for controllers of dead actors estates. They need to be able to confirm dead actors likeness are not used in anyway that would be harmful to their past achievements.

Please say this is sarcasm

enlighten us with a source/link?
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • When is Dooku coming again? Is he coming this month?
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    I get what OP is saying - Grievous was hyped (at the very least here), and Obi was advertised like mad. Dooku - feels like there has been pretty much nothing ahead of this weeks release.

I’m expecting a delay. They broke the ice on the idea with the new Coruscant Guard skin delay today. Hope I’m wrong.
  • DarthJ wrote: »

I’m expecting a delay. They broke the ice on the idea with the new Coruscant Guard skin delay today. Hope I’m wrong.

If Dooku is delayed, the February update will definitely be the biggest update in the history of the game. That’s the only positive thing about him possibly being delayed.
    Come on devs! You can do this! Please finish Dooku and send him out on Wednesday!
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    edited January 22
    DarthJ wrote: »

I am getting that feeling too. Somethings not right.

'I have a bad feeling about this'
  • 7ae861056fcd16053a4da0c9d706a918.jpg

im Counting down the minutes..
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!