criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

I see no viable way to level up the hero Starfighters.

Ok, I was one of the folks in this forum that suggested there be a Starfighter Assault equivalent to Heros Vs Villains.

Many naysayers said it would be too unbalanced, and just plain silly. I still thought they should at least try it out if there was not too much involved in making it a reality.

Then a bit later, there was Hero Starfighters. I liked it, but I never liked how it did with making you respawn as an ordinary Starfighter until the round was over.

Here is the thing, that might not be too bad if Hero Starfighter was poppin like Galactic Assault and it was back to back games boom boom boom (especially on a TRIPLE XP weekend). But my personal experience of it since its inception has been to join an empty lobby, and maybe, just maybe, get ONE game in 30 minutes.

Nothing has changed this weekend, though I thought perhaps it would have since the triple xp.

What about just using Starfighter Assault? Leveling up starfighters in SA was an incredible grind (especially the first progression system), but, at least SA is consistent. But unlike Galactic Assault, there are no starcards to help you earn battlepoints faster in SA.

But I will say this, during this weekend, SA felt to me like "Heros unleashed" in GA. There was no Big deal and babying of the hero ships that you saved up battle points all round to get maybe in the last few minutes of play. I was getting hero ships within seconds of joining SA maps. It felt like thats how it should have been since the beginning.

I got a few levels in hero ships this weekend, and dare I say more in SA than in HU which is sadly a slow neglected mode it seems to me at least.

But at the rate I normally get hero ships in SA, it would probably take half a decade to level up all the hero ships.

So, I think triple xp time for SA should be much longer if not permanently added because of several reasons.

1. There are no starfighter battlepoint boosting star cards.
2. To encourage more SA play and possibly more content in the future.

Replies

• jonci
    1105 posts Member
    Don't know which area you are in but i played SA hero mode last night in Europe, normal points awarded, and in matches for maybe 45 minutes counting waiting times (which were not that long really) gained 1 level for Rey and 1 level for Lando falcons, and just shy of 860 points remaining to get next level for Iden.
    All my other hero ships are at 40, hasn't taken me 10 years. Slower in normal SA you have to get the points then the ship then battle and survive against a mass of enemy, at east Hero mode its straight points, and dont forget light side ships can still farm turrets for XP in the mode, and even if you don't last long, or destroy an enemy ship just hitting them gives XP.
  • jonci
    1105 posts Member
    Sorry forgot to say the 3 remaining hero ships, (Rey, Lando and Iden) are all mid 30 level so steady grind will pay off.
  • agreed. I have everything but hero ships and speeders/armor/artillery leveled up to lvl 40. For the firsr 6 months of the game all i played was SFA because i was so bad at ground combat. The points one gets for kills etc in SFA as a hero is sooooo small. i was able to get a few levels the past weekend for the 3x point event, but it'll be 2 years b4 i get them all done at this rate.
  • Git gud at sfa...

I got everything in sfa to lvl 40 with no hero star fighters mode.

All of the hero ships are good enough to go on massive streaks particularly with Poe and Fett.

Levelling up isn’t an issue.
  • Git gud at sfa...

All of the hero ships are good enough to go on massive streaks particularly with Poe and Fett.

This. Don’t expect to be awesome at SF when you’ve not done your time in that mode.

pH
  • Phyrebrat wrote: »
    Git gud at sfa...

This. Don’t expect to be awesome at SF when you’ve not done your time in that mode.

pH

And how much time is that exactly?
  • SrawDawg wrote: »

As long as it takes for you to get to grips with the gameplay, learn to fly like an ace and get to know the maps. Took me a few weeks but then I was great at FS too even if that was very restrictive.
    Git gud at sfa...

pH

I've put in my time and i'm pretty good. Almost always in top 5. but the points one gets for playing as a hero are just so low.
  • camerog wrote: »
    Phyrebrat wrote: »
    Git gud at sfa...

pH

I've put in my time and i'm pretty good. Almost always in top 5. but the points one gets for playing as a hero are just so low.

Sorry if I came a cross as picking on you specifically. I just meant in general. It’s like me going into hvv which I rarely play and then not understanding why I’m getting slayed.

It’s funny how much of this goes on, esp over the recent triple xp event. Non SFa’ers wondering why they can’t slaughter the likes of me :wink:

ph
    camerog wrote: »
    Phyrebrat wrote: »
    Git gud at sfa...

pH

Sorry if I came a cross as picking on you specifically. I just meant in general. It’s like me going into hvv which I rarely play and then not understanding why I’m getting slayed.

It’s funny how much of this goes on, esp over the recent triple xp event. Non SFa’ers wondering why they can’t slaughter the likes of me :wink:

ph

No worries.
  • SrawDawg wrote: »

As long as it takes for you to get to grips with the gameplay, learn to fly like an ace and get to know the maps. Took me a few weeks but then I was great at FS too even if that was very restrictive.

I see.
  • No star cards boosting battle points for Starfighter Assault? Oh poor baby, don't play it then. I mean seriously, you guys who play GA have no idea what it is like to play the best balanced mode in the game. Ships are all competitive, some maps are harder for one side than the other, but most are balanced.

It took me around a good month to get to grips with the mode, but now I know what I'm doing I rack up BP like nobody business. I don't need to top the elimination chart when I know playing the objective gains you BP and advances the game play. That said if on the defending team, I know how to get kills.

I leveled up my hero ships in SFA. I don't play Hero Starfighters, nor do many SFA regulars either as it is a rubbish mode. We just about all stick to SFA.

Some of the keys to success are knowing which ships to take on which map,s especially hero ships. For example, on Fondor as the Rebels, bombers are important for attacking the objectives, whilst Han's Falcon is King, Lando's Falonm is Queen and Rey's Falcon should be avoided at all costs (as it does the least damage). If you take the Falcon, it should be on the objective at all times to help your team. Teams which see it spend all its time dogfighting often see the ship taken down fast, and lose the mission.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • No star cards boosting battle points for Starfighter Assault? Oh poor baby, don't play it then. I mean seriously, you guys who play GA have no idea what it is like to play the best balanced mode in the game. Ships are all competitive, some maps are harder for one side than the other, but most are balanced.

It took me around a good month to get to grips with the mode, but now I know what I'm doing I rack up BP like nobody business. I don't need to top the elimination chart when I know playing the objective gains you BP and advances the game play. That said if on the defending team, I know how to get kills.

I leveled up my hero ships in SFA. I don't play Hero Starfighters, nor do many SFA regulars either as it is a rubbish mode. We just about all stick to SFA.

Some of the keys to success are knowing which ships to take on which map,s especially hero ships. For example, on Fondor as the Rebels, bombers are important for attacking the objectives, whilst Han's Falcon is King, Lando's Falonm is Queen and Rey's Falcon should be avoided at all costs (as it does the least damage). If you take the Falcon, it should be on the objective at all times to help your team. Teams which see it spend all its time dogfighting often see the ship taken down fast, and lose the mission.

This is all generally great advice.

The funny thing about Elims on the scoreboard is AI are counted as well as players aren’t they, so... well. It’s not much of a brag if someone does.

Your points about the Falcon’s cannot be stressed enough! People still pick the Falcon and try to get killstreaks, I think. Doable with Lando, a little harder with Han, and pointless with Rey. In fact, I can’t even think of a reason to play Rey. That Falcon has dreadful stats. The weapons overheat too quick even when purpled. I’d left her at level 11 till the triple xp weekend a few weeks ago. Now she’s purple but I won’t use her.

So, just to reiterate what’s said above, if you pick a Falcon, play the objective. You’ll prob end with more points anyway than dogfighting unless you’re in a map with lots of cover opportunities.

pH
  • This is all generally great advice.

Except great "advice" doesn't usually begin with mocking in the first line, and chest beating on top of the wood pile in the second. Unless of course you generally like verbally fighting with people and seeing them shut down faster than a broken ATM giving away free money.