criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

We need an authentic mode in Battlefront ll

Prev134
David1543
22 posts Member
edited January 22
I think It is past time we get the authentic experience we've been waiting for so long. There are decisions some can agree, and others cant stand. Theres no harder and better way to please the player base other than to make decisions everybody can have a mutual agreement on.

To help settle this dispute between authenticity VS cross era I suggest:

- Server browser or an era selector feature, in case era lock was implemented. Allows players to still play in their favorite eras and use their favorite characters as much as they would like.

-Buff the ST DS villains, kylo and Phasma. One of the reasons people are opposed to this idea of era lock is that they cant compete against the LS. This would completely solve the issue.

- An authentic variation of GA if cross era is to stay, as It gives players options to play whatever suits them the most.

-A separate game mode. could be the upcoming one. Make It exclusively era locked.

These are the 2 scenarios that we could have, either make everything era locked, or make separate modes.

But we want the authenticity one way or another.

These four suggestions are the antidotes to put this issue away, fans want to be able to choose to play the way they would prefer. With cross era staying or not, there is no real hindering factor to explain why we cant have an authentic mode at the same time.

I hope the devs hear our concerns as this is a constant requested feature in the game from fans.
Post edited by David1543 on

Replies

• Personally, I prefer era accuracy for heroes in GA, but I think we should wait for the Eras event to have an experience before deciding. I'm sure that we'll have balance problems in ST maps.
    I guess the devs might have considered the possibility of making the Eras event periodical. Maybe monthly. But they'll surely wait for community's feedback before any decision.
  • GA? ST DS? LS? :/
  • bent_toe wrote: »
    GA? ST DS? LS? :/

Galactic Assault, Sequel Trilogy, Dark Side, Light Side.
  • Nah, there's a lot of unnecessary modes already, don't want to add another one to the mix. Should just be an event.
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • David1543 wrote: »
    -A separate game mode. could the the upcoming one. Make It exclusively era locked.

Movie themed game modes for each era would make a great addition.
  • Era lock is a terrible idea. Your basically wanting less options in a match... you are taking away content why would you want that..... It is a game, not Star wars canon. On top of that I'd never play in ST maps. Kylo, Phasma, Rey and Finn are all terrible boring heroes!
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Enough with immersion or authentic experiences cross era won't leave the game.

Gee...Alex64 is in here to demand silence again....big surprise.

Don't usually agree with Alex64 but it's how it is Heros were always going to be the sweets in the pay for them sweetshop - so you need them to be seen in the Shop windows eg all modes and frankly the Heros 'balancing' is only ever done in an HvV context so restrictions elsewhere are going to make some Era Heros weak in GA
  • Buff kylo ren? Are you kidding his stun is one of the most op and ridiculous moves in the game,
  • And where is your much needed authentic experience starting?
    Darth Maul killing clones and facing Yoda is still fine or already too much?

Droids who can evade sword attacks are fine too? never saw them doing it.
    I don't even know where to start. It's a game...
  • Alex64
    5622 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Enough with immersion or authentic experiences cross era won't leave the game.

Gee...Alex64 is in here to demand silence again....big surprise.

Why you take things personal, why you can't debate?

You..do..NOT DEBATE. You tell people "enough"...you try to silence conversations. Learn the difference...you just sling attack comments at people. Learn how to debate before you claim to be some deep conversationalist.

Cross era is an old debate, devs always have said the same all this time that things won't change but you still here with the same old topic to strike again this rotten dead horse.
  • Oidmetala wrote: »
    And where is your much needed authentic experience starting?

So just because it’s game, anything goes?

Yeah, because we all know cross-era is a staple feature in Star Wars games, right? I mean we have Galaxy of Heroes, Disney Infinity... ... ... and so on.

Have you ever considered why, even though the game released right before TFA (arguably one of the most anticipated and hyped up films of all time), they never added Rey and Kylo Ren to BF2015? More saber heroes - check. Very hyped up characters - check. No, they went for Greedo and Nien Nunb instead (loved both btw)... curious.

They locked it to the OT because TFA was sold HARD on nostalgia. There was a big push to distance the new movies from the PT and appeal to the OT hardcore fan base. People who would literally weep at seeing the Falcon or X-Wings on the screen one more time.

As it was locked to OT, they weren't going to be able to add ST characters to 15. The new content we got instead was Rogue One, again sold hard on nostalgia, and a fantastic movie to boot.

I don't remember anyone at the time having an issue with playing Greedo on maps that took place after his death, or Jyn or Krennic on Hoth or Endor. Maybe there was, but I don't recall it.
  • JackTHorn
    3549 posts Member
    edited January 22
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    As it was locked to OT, they weren't going to be able to add ST characters to 15. The new content we got instead was Rogue One, again sold hard on nostalgia, and a fantastic movie to boot.

I don't remember anyone at the time having an issue with playing Greedo on maps that took place after his death, or Jyn or Krennic on Hoth or Endor. Maybe there was, but I don't recall it.
    Man, you guys keep coming back with the SAME OLD COMMENTS and arguments don't you? This will be like the 100th time I've responded to this so-called argument, but it will keep coming. No one will listen. None of it will matter.

There's a difference between Exact Canon Accuracy and General Authenticity.

Sure, at the time of the most famous battle on Sullust, Greedo was dead. We could make a big deal of that, but it would be ridiculous to do so. All we ask is what seems like a good bare minimum of authenticity: Just put heroes in the right era. Greedo was alive when it was Stormtroopers vs Rebels in the GCW, so just put him in that general time period. Not during the Clone Wars 30 years before he was born, not 30 years after he died in the First Order Wars. Barest of bare minimums.

But it won't happen. Probably in large part because you and the other dozen people who think like you come in and muddy the waters in every thread, aggressively and disrespectfully mocking anyone who disagrees with you and flooding the discussion with points that have already been dismantled and countered. You're nothing but forum griefers.

Sure, there's one or two of you who seem interested in actual discussions, and seem able to make actual points and arguments without being divisive and vitriolic. But they're by far the minority. So all conversation gets steamrolled, and you guys don't have to worry about there being even ONE mode the way anyone else but you likes it.

And the Battlefront franchise slips further and further into decrepit meaninglessness.
  • Alex64
    5622 posts Member
    JackTHorn wrote: »

Man, you guys keep coming back with the SAME OLD COMMENTS and arguments don't you? This will be like the 100th time I've responded to this so-called argument, but it will keep coming. No one will listen. None of it will matter.

Sure, at the time of the most famous battle on Sullust, Greedo was dead. We could make a big deal of that, but it would be ridiculous to do so. All we ask is what seems like a good bare minimum of authenticity: Just put heroes in the right era. Greedo was alive when it was Stormtroopers vs Rebels in the GCW, so just put him in that general time period. Not during the Clone Wars 30 years before he was born, not 30 years after he died in the First Order Wars. Barest of bare minimums.

But it won't happen. Probably in large part because you and the other dozen people who think like you come in and muddy the waters in every thread, aggressively and disrespectfully mocking anyone who disagrees with you and flooding the discussion with points that have already been dismantled and countered. You're nothing but forum griefers.

Sure, there's one or two of you who seem interested in actual discussions, and seem able to make actual points and arguments without being divisive and vitriolic. But they're by far the minority. So all conversation gets steamrolled, and you guys don't have to worry about there being even ONE mode the way anyone else but you likes it.

And the Battlefront franchise slips further and further into decrepit meaninglessness.

It's a videogame not a movie, everything in SWBF is canon and authentic.
  • bent_toe wrote: »
    GA? ST DS? LS? :/

GA= Galatic assault

ST=Sequel triology

DS=Darkside

Hope that helps.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »

Dude if you've read ANY of my posts you will see that I constantly support the idea and hope that era accurate fans get a mode they want. Every time I've given a reason why I don't think it will work with the game in it's current state while saying you deserve the mode you want.

I was responding to the comment of why Rey and kylo were not added to bf15.

I'm sorry you don't think a Star Wars game doesn't "feel" like a Star Wars game because it has Star Wars characters in Star Wars settings that don't "make sense". I've never said anything about taking things to an extreme definition of accurate. I simply stated I didn't remember if this was a discussion during the previous game.

I truly hope YOU get the game mode that you want and I'm very interested to see how the era accurate event goes
  • Alex64
    5622 posts Member

Thank you for proving you didn't read and don't listen.

Why should i take you serious? If you can't accept official answers, as i've told to another person, If you want to still beating that rotten dead horse, It's your problem.

Bad argument. Era accuracy does not mean movie accuracy.

Clones and maul= are from the PT era thus not immersion breaking.

Clones and Rey= Never existed in the same era, thus immersion breaking.

Its not about what we saw in the movies. Its about characters being locked in the era they existed. Darth Maul was alive throughout the entire clone wars, so It is more plausible seeying him duel yoda than rey.

Maul killed Clones in canon.

Darth-Maul-breezily-slicing-through-a-clone-trooper.jpg

Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Alex64 wrote: »

Thank you for proving you didn't read and don't listen.

Why should i take you serious? If you can't accept official answers, as i've told to another person, If you want to still beating that rotten dead horse, It's your problem.

So let it be his problem then. As you were told before, there’s no interest in seeing your meaningless posts here either, so if you feel that beating dead horses is wrong, stop beating dead horses!
  • Appl3corps wrote: »
    Oidmetala wrote: »

So just because it’s game, anything goes?

Yeah, because we all know cross-era is a staple feature in Star Wars games, right? I mean we have Galaxy of Heroes, Disney Infinity... ... ... and so on.

Have you ever considered why, even though the game released right before TFA (arguably one of the most anticipated and hyped up films of all time), they never added Rey and Kylo Ren to BF2015? More saber heroes - check. Very hyped up characters - check. No, they went for Greedo and Nien Nunb instead (loved both btw)... curious.

They locked it to the OT because TFA was sold HARD on nostalgia. There was a big push to distance the new movies from the PT and appeal to the OT hardcore fan base. People who would literally weep at seeing the Falcon or X-Wings on the screen one more time.

I think perhaps you misunderstood me a bit here, might have been unclear. My point is that some act as if asking for era-accurate heroes is outlandish, since this is a game and games, especially shooters, are never ”immersive” or authentic or whatever, and if you ask for one thing you need to ask for the lot and so on...

But there has been cases, for example BF2015, where the seemingly logical thing to do would’ve been to cross eras in order to capitalize on the extreme hype for TFA and its new heroes and villains, but instead they went with periferal characters like Greedo and Nien Nunb, to keep it within the correct era. Instead of adding the TFA poster girl Rey and the TFA poster boy Kylo Ren, both saber heroes (which was requested), they went with two characters that most casual fans probably barely noticed in the films, given none of them had more than a minute or two of screen time. Era-accuracy meant something to EA/DICE in BF2015, even if it is a shooter.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    We have no plans for "Authentic Mode".

Sometimes gameplay comes first and I suspect that any authentic mode would require a lot of heroes to be reworked, at the least.

Sorry, but it's a no.

Well if we’re throwing out authenticity can I be a battle droid regardless of map/faction, play as Luke for the dark side and ride an AT-RT for both factions? :smile:
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • If there are no plans for an authentic mode its time for legends material since it is just a game.
  • Its time for Knee sabers Mcgee to be added.

latest?cb=20090521184317
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »

Sometimes gameplay comes first and I suspect that any authentic mode would require a lot of heroes to be reworked, at the least.

Sorry, but it's a no.

Well if we’re throwing out authenticity can I be a battle droid regardless of map/faction, play as Luke for the dark side and ride an AT-RT for both factions? :smile:

Yeah, this. I didn’t have many Star Wars figures growing up and sometimes Luke had to fight Lando, when there were no other enemies around. If authenticity is out the window with this game (LOL, how sad is this...) then let us enjoy that ”action-figure-sand-box-it’s-your-dolls-play-with-them-however-you-like”-kinda action and let it all loose.

For real. If people justify cross era as it allows them to be their favorite hero whenever (which isnt true since theyre locked behind dark and light sides) i say we break down the barriers
    With Dooku coming out those who get stuck on lightside teams will wanna play with him too, right?

gameplay bugged gameplay>>>authenticity
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Devlin21 wrote: »

Sorry, but it's a no.

you say that, yet the gameplay isnt very good.
    6mt9neatw1nw.gif

That doesn't change his point...
    David1543 wrote: »

Sorry, but it's a no.

What heroes, besides kylo and phasma, require a "rework"? It is not that hard to do what we are asking, and you seem to not really care enough to carefully read through my suggestions. If It is that hard to buff a few heroes then at least make a separate authentic mode for us. Im sure we wont be bothered by any bad gameplay experiences.

It would not be simply a matter of buffing certain heroes/villains... their abilities would have to be reworked to account for the more limited roster. As far as your second request... it was answered already in his quote.
    2000sGuy wrote: »

Sorry, but it's a no.

Yeah, this. I didn’t have many Star Wars figures growing up and sometimes Luke had to fight Lando, when there were no other enemies around. If authenticity is out the window with this game (LOL, how sad is this...) then let us enjoy that ”action-figure-sand-box-it’s-your-dolls-play-with-them-however-you-like”-kinda action and let it all loose.

I'm down! Sounds really balanced.

Sorry, but it's a no.

Finally we can get an E-11 for Vader.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif

Sorry, but it's a no.

Why not just squash any hope people still have of ever seeing Turning Point, or a similar infantry mode, in BF2 aswell and be done with it?

Sorry, but it's a no.

Why not just squash any hope people still have of ever seeing Turning Point, or a similar infantry mode, in BF2 aswell and be done with it?

We all know Turning point isn't going to happen. We are more likely to get hero point.
  • I came in here thinking you were talking about the original Conquest experience from the Pandemic games lol.

I don't really follow what you mean by authentic, but a server browser is a must. if nothing else, that will let people get into games with new maps without getting stuck in a matchmaking rotation.

Sorry, but it's a no.

Thanks for confirming! Can we close this chain and those like it since this is now confirmed? They eat up a lot of space in general.

Sorry, but it's a no.

Sure! I wouldn’t have any problem with this, it would make GA a heck more balanced, along with HvV.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

Sorry, but it's a no.

Thoughts on adding Cargo as a competitive, infantry based game mode? It would be hugely popular and immediately bring a good chunk of loyal players over to BF2 that are still holding onto BF15 Cargo.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Appl3corps wrote: »

Dude if you've read ANY of my posts you will see that I constantly support the idea and hope that era accurate fans get a mode they want. Every time I've given a reason why I don't think it will work with the game in it's current state while saying you deserve the mode you want.

I was responding to the comment of why Rey and kylo were not added to bf15.

I'm sorry you don't think a Star Wars game doesn't "feel" like a Star Wars game because it has Star Wars characters in Star Wars settings that don't "make sense". I've never said anything about taking things to an extreme definition of accurate. I simply stated I didn't remember if this was a discussion during the previous game.

I truly hope YOU get the game mode that you want and I'm very interested to see how the era accurate event goes
    Apologies, Appl3corps, you're right. I was writing responses to two different things, and confused you with someone else. Your civility and level-headedness are appreciated.

The part of my response that IS relevant to you is the part responding to whether people got upset about Greedo on maps that took place after his death, or Jyn or Krennic on Hoth or Endor. My point is/was that those concerns are granular fine-point elements that don't bother us, we're looking at simpler and broader authenticity. Characters in the right general era, that'sall, nothing more complicated than that.