criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Could We TRY to Change the Officer's Turret?

Could We TRY to Change the Officer's Turret? I mean I play as the officer sometimes, but to myself and other players, it is a little OP, more of the damage output. When was the last time you were low and a turret just smacked and demolished you easily? I'm not sure if anyone else rages when they find out they died to a frickn officer turret when the officer is miles away and the officer is just saying, "Good luck turret. Get me some free AIMBOT kills!" Does anyone else kinda see the turret just has aimbot and it literally hits every shot?

Replies

• All automated things are garbage. At least in the last game they were a pickup and not an ability
    One thing is for certain, the turret should absolutely not linger after the officer is killed. So annoying dealing with a deceased officer's turret for a few seconds after gunning him down
    [+3748 posts]
  • In my games, the turret only behaves like that when it belongs to someone else. My own turrets pan about without reacting when an enemy is directly in front of them, doing nothing.

same. my turret has no purpose except for other peoples turrets
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • Their turret is pretty weak. It's fine.
  • Your new here, it's fine, you missed out when the ion turret could snipe you from across the map
  • No...

its fine as it is now

enough of the "Nerf The Officer" Threads, that is so 2017 >:)
  • Debot
    216 posts Member
    Agreed. Mildly effective. Bigger fish to fry. Op check out nien nunbs in bf15. That thing was effective. !!
  • I use it a lot and totally agree when used right it is HUGE ....so easy to lure an Wookie into a trap where they get a big hello from the turret . Personally Classes are so old. The BF15 classless system fixed hand ( beforenthey changed and it )pickups worked really well.Made you play what was in front of you with what you had. More skill,more satisfying IMO
  • Turrets are better than my team sometimes.
  • Id prefer if the dsmage was reduced but the lock on was quicker, drop a turret to defend an objective, watch opponent stroll into turrets line of sight, pick up objective and casually stroll away while your turret still makes the lock on noises

Id half the damage but also halve the lock on time, make it more of a highlighting thing rather than a killing thing
  • As people have said, the turret is weak. If you died because you were low on HP... Well, that's a risk and any other thing could have killed you (like any random bolt from another player). In my case, when I use it, it's to lock a corridor or a place I am not looking at (since it marks the players it sees on the radar). I rarely use it for kills.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • turret is fine.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Turret is weaker in BF2 than it was in BF1.
  • I don't have issues with it personally except I find that when spammed they can be a bit problematic, especially how officers can just recharge command themselves to get it back if theirs gets destroyed.

Ion weapons as troopers seem to get rid of it just fine and when I'm Iden (nice Profile pic btw) it just takes 2 secondary shots to get rid of one.

I am however open to replacing any automated stuff, really dislike getting killed by non human players in a Multiplayer game. AI MTT/ATATS, infantry turrets, Ywing ion cannons, ARC 170 tail gunners, and AI ships in SFA assault are things I wouldn't miss as long as they would be replaced by something to compensate.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Smart ion grenade will take out turrets in one hit, and if there are multiple turrets close together, it will take them all out.

I find the ion grenade to be great because on choke points there'll be multiple turrets, AND opponents surrounding them, leading to quite a few points for destroying turrets, damaging opponents and 1, maybe 2, elims.
  • I do find them annoying especially when you get 3 or 4 of them all together!
  • Id prefer if the dsmage was reduced but the lock on was quicker, drop a turret to defend an objective, watch opponent stroll into turrets line of sight, pick up objective and casually stroll away while your turret still makes the lock on noises

Id half the damage but also halve the lock on time, make it more of a highlighting thing rather than a killing thing

NOOB! ;-) I always take a shot at what I want turret to lock onto and it kicks into action almost instantly

NOOB! ;-) I always take a shot at what I want turret to lock onto and it kicks into action almost instantly

PS I rarely play GA too slow/too laggy
  • I'd personally prefer Nien Numbs variant from the last game. Longer range, higher damage, and explosive shots after it'd kill 5-ish people.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • I think the base version should have about half health to make the improved turret card a more attractive choice.

As is there's little incentive to use the card when you can simply recharge command and spam the base version

Easiest way to tell you're facing a large premade of experienced players is turrets everywhere constantly. Slows the game pace down quite a bit especially when playing heroes or reinforcements, whom lacking Ion are pretty weak against them (Sabers/Palp can't destroy them at all currently)
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• TheScape wrote: »
    As people have said, the turret is weak. If you died because you were low on HP... Well, that's a risk and any other thing could have killed you (like any random bolt from another player). In my case, when I use it, it's to lock a corridor or a place I am not looking at (since it marks the players it sees on the radar). I rarely use it for kills.

Same here. I just use it to watch a flank because it will either scan pulse the enemy or the enemy will destroy it. Either way, I know that flank is being hit. Any kills from it are just bonus, but I never expect any kills from it.