criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Dooku's Voice?

So is any one else noticing that Dooku's voice isn't Christopher Lee or Corey Burton(clone wars animated series)? I know Lee is dead, but the audio from the movies isn't. Maybe it is Burton, and he just did it differently. It just has an odd tone and scrambles my audio receptors a bit when he talks. Does anyone know who did the voice over work? I hate to be the one to nit pick awesome content, but its like waiting all year to Grandma's cooking at Thanksgiving and after you have tried everything and noticed a difference, she says oh I used all non fat ingredients. Maybe I'm wrong and my ears aren't working correctly, idk.

Replies

• It is Corey Burton, that was confirmed a while ago.
  • The German voice is also a random one and not the original from movies and tv series
  • Why do people care about emote voices/banter voice so much? I guess DICE was right to be excited about their famed emote wheel.
  • Jallerman7
    82 posts Member
    edited January 23
    F8RGE wrote: »
    JediJulius wrote: »
    It is Corey Burton, that was confirmed a while ago.

Correct

Seeing as youre here, i hope youre seeing the complaints about your shaddy stealth nerfs
  • I dont think its that bad
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Why do people care about emote voices/banter voice so much? I guess DICE was right to be excited about their famed emote wheel.

I don't necessarily care about emotes, it was actually the automatic stuff he says on the map that I noticed. I just like my Star Wars how I like my Star Wars.
  • GrayOne wrote: »
    Why do people care about emote voices/banter voice so much? I guess DICE was right to be excited about their famed emote wheel.

I don't necessarily care about emotes, it was actually the automatic stuff he says on the map that I noticed. I just like my Star Wars how I like my Star Wars.

Understandable. Sorry I haven’t had much coffee today.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    JediJulius wrote: »
    It is Corey Burton, that was confirmed a while ago.

Correct

Ah okay, everybody's voice changes, I certainly don't sound the same as I did 10 years ago. If it it's him, it's him, I can't be picky about his delivery. I submit to Lord Tyranus' will.
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    I dont think its that bad

I don't think it's bad, it just sounded off. But it is Burton's voice so I can't really complain at all.
    c71arua7nl5b.gif
  • He does sound slightly different, but keep in mind there are lots of things going on during a match that may affect perception.

Anakin sounds even more different :smile:
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/corey-burton-matt-lanter-interview

there's short clip of their banter
  • He does sound slightly different, but keep in mind there are lots of things going on during a match that may affect perception.

Anakin sounds even more different :smile:
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/corey-burton-matt-lanter-interview

there's short clip of their banter

Definitely clone wars, I can hear it in the clip. It's a good clip. It's unusual hearing that line from Revenge of the Sith with the Clone Wars actors, but it's still good.
  • YOU'RE BANG ON! HE DOESN'T SOUND LIKE DOKU his "I've been looking forward to this" emote sounds way off and not same way Christopher Lee says it and if anakin don't sound like heydan Christian I will not play battlefront 2 he's all I've been wating for
  • Peepzilla
    881 posts Member
    edited January 23
    calvin54 wrote: »
    YOU'RE BANG ON! HE DOESN'T SOUND LIKE DOKU his "I've been looking forward to this" emote sounds way off and not same way Christopher Lee says it and if anakin don't sound like heydan Christian I will not play battlefront 2 he's all I've been wating for

To stop playing this game and refusing to play a character you’ve been waiting (possibly) years for over the voice actor being “a little different” from what you personally imagined might be the most irrational thing I’ve ever read on these forums. And that’s saying a lot.
  • I just wonder why they don't use audio from the films to promote better verisimilitude.
  • I just wonder why they don't use audio from the films to promote better verisimilitude.

Because then they'd have to pay for the rights to use that audio, and paying Christopher Lee's estate to use his voice in Battlefront 2 would likely be alot more expensive than hiring the Dooku actor from the Clone Wars was. Also, DICE gets better audio quality if they have an actor record lines in a booth for them than they would if they just ripped lines from the movies.
  • For ages I got totally mixed up and thought it was Levar Burton doing the voice in Clone Wars. I only realised when I saw Corey Burton being interviewed. Oops.
  • JustinReade
    496 posts Member
    edited January 23
    I just wonder why they don't use audio from the films to promote better verisimilitude.

Because then they'd have to pay for the rights to use that audio, and paying Christopher Lee's estate to use his voice in Battlefront 2 would likely be alot more expensive than hiring the Dooku actor from the Clone Wars was. Also, DICE gets better audio quality if they have an actor record lines in a booth for them than they would if they just ripped lines from the movies.

Well, assuming EA has the exclusive right to Disney's rights for use of all likenesses and IP from the Star Wars films, I am not seeing why there is an independent legal necessity to compensate Lee's estate. Same reason for an Alec Guinness skin -- a notion that is often bandied about, but never addressed.

Anyway, at a minimum, I can see the issue on ripping lines from the film having less fidelity than a clean recording.
  • calvin54 wrote: »
    YOU'RE BANG ON! HE DOESN'T SOUND LIKE DOKU his "I've been looking forward to this" emote sounds way off and not same way Christopher Lee says it and if anakin don't sound like heydan Christian I will not play battlefront 2 he's all I've been wating for

It's the clone wars Anakin. Personally I can understand wanting to use specific audio or actor, but at the end of the day I am fine with devs going with the cheapest, but still authenticly sourced route. What I mean is at least it's the clone wars actors and not some random voice over actors.
  • The Spanish voice is incorrect too.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    calvin54 wrote: »

To stop playing this game and refusing to play a character you’ve been waiting (possibly) years for over the voice actor being “a little different” from what you personally imagined might be the most irrational thing I’ve ever read on these forums. And that’s saying a lot.

I agree, but I also understand personal frustrations when it comes to Star Wars, especially since EA has, from the beginning, using the "canon" word...which is why I have conceded my point and have excepted the clone wars voice actors as conon enough.
  • It doesn't sound like him at all.
  • He sounds like every single iteration of Dooku that isn't Christopher Lee. The Revenge of the Sith game, the classic Clone Wars mini-ish series, the current gen Clone Wars. I haven't checked to see if it really is thesame guy, but they all sound extremely alike.
  • It's impossible to replicate such beauty that is Christopher Lees iconic voice so anything but will always sound off, it's really a non issue as I hate it when heros don't shut up when sneaking up on someone