criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Community Transmission - Darth Tyranus Update

Replies

• fix AT-RT on it is not possible to play.
  • Artur wrote: »
    fix AT-RT on it is not possible to play.
    ? Why? I don’t understand
  • Shame things have started off so bumpy. Still, a tremendous amount of work has gone into Dooku and I look forward to playing as him.
    KNOWN ISSUES
    An issue has occurred with Obi-Wan and Rey not always being able to block attacks from Darth Vader or from Count Dooku, when his Duelist ability is active. The issue is being investigated and expected to be fixed at a later update.

I predict this is going to annoy a lot of people for some time.

This is going to break the game for some time I'm sure. I mean the darkside is already OP and now that they get Super OP Dooku and the lightside get a broken Rey and Obiwan. I expect most all Hero game modes will end with the darkside winning.

The dark side are good, but with the right players so are the light side. That comment is part truth I would say there balanced team wise but standing there own ground one on one it has to be be dark side and set light hero’s like Luke Rey and obi, but I can be really good with Yoda

• All I know is that my Battlefront 2 update file is copying and I am going to play Dooku. You guys can stay here to whine and complain all you want. I'm going to play Dooku!!! lol
  • i didn't get the update!
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • hsf_
    1918 posts Member
    Overboss57 wrote: »
    Why is everyone being so negative? We're getting a brand new hero, more detailed fixes to make sure nothing is wrong, admitting that they messed up and fessing up to it. This is an improvement showing that they are determined to fix the problems, and thank you Ben your doing a great job!

Much to learn, you still have.
  • hsf_
    1918 posts Member
    i didn't get the update!

Servers are going down for Maintainence at 3PM(45minutes from now), I'd imagine that's when the update rolls out.
  • He's out now but all there is to see right now is livestreams on youtube and video on newsweek.com. If anyone's at home right now take a screenshot of him and upload it here since EA/Dice still haven't put up anything yet. Or someone go to youtube and screenshot the live streams. They are blocked here at workplace so please do it for the community people.
  • Cadoth
    1186 posts Member
    SMmania123 wrote: »
    He's out now but all there is to see right now is livestreams on youtube and video on newsweek.com. If anyone's at home right now take a screenshot of him and upload it here since EA/Dice still haven't put up anything yet. Or someone go to youtube and screenshot the live streams. They are blocked here at workplace so please do it for the community people.

There are already two discussions showing his appearance (one is mine)
  • Where at?

There are already two discussions showing his appearance (one is mine)[/quote]

• I see now okay click on that guys profile you find pictures on the forums with count dooku in the title.
  • i didn't get the update!

now i understand. i'm okay i got the update >:)
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • Awesome posts and details thank you @F8RGE
  • Reset Vader choke to previous
    And fix player 4th and 5th Face distortion glitch please
    My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
  • im so hyped. only 4 minutes :p
  • Can we just remove Bossk's ability to fully heal in his gas cloud?
  • Thank you Ben for adding Duel of the Fates to Naboo!!!
  • I was excpecting you guys buffing Obi Wan
  • Zyder
    455 posts Member
    Thank you Ben for adding Duel of the Fates to Naboo!!!

Do I have to turn music in Continuous?
  • Can't start the game after update. Stuck on loading screen. :neutral:
  • There is an issue in Geonosis third stage regarding Boba fet which he is uncapable of flying and no longer able to use his abilies for flying. Not certain if issue just show in Geonosis or in more maps but I have recorded gameplays of the bug if needed. Please see in to this.
  • Zyder wrote: »

+1

also, are we talking about hvv map or GA Naboo ?
  • Kill4nia7
    9 posts Member
    edited January 23
    @F8RGE NM love Dooku
    Post edited by Kill4nia7 on
  • Why in the heck aren't there any new maps for STRIKE... AGAIN? WTF?!!!!!
  • Lee1981
    1998 posts Member
    Kungi wrote: »
    Can we just remove Bossk's ability to fully heal in his gas cloud?
    No
    He can fully heal anyway, it is a worthless ability anyway and a waste of a card

You should count yourself lucky if this is what annoys you most about this game
  • Why aren't there any new maps for STRIKE? AGAIN? They've never given STRIKE a new map EVER!
    Maps that could be used for STRIKE:
    Crait
    Jabbas Palace
    Geonosis
    Bespin
    Kessel

All of these are options for maps for strike, but you do NOTHING!
    Why???
  • SERVER LIST WHEN??? you guys know that was the biggest mistake of the first battlefront game is not having a server list. people continuously wait blindly in Que for upto 20-30 minutes trying to get into a game and not even knowing if there is any people playing or if the servers are just full. PLEASE i thought u guys would of learned from the last BF. this game NEEDS a server list. honeslty i have never been able to play any other online game mode but GA and Heros vs Vilians because the stupid matchmaking system cant put me in any games. i think i spend more time on this game waiting and trying to get into a server then actually playing it, its rediculous something so big of an issue can be fixed with a simple input of a server list. give us that, come on! the public screams for it.
  • New to this ....like what i see....
  • Yey Dice you mange to make this game even worse dark side is super broken, no matter skill 98% of the time they win on the top of that you give hero that we have to start from 0 your timing even worse palpa hits again tru walls block is buggy everyone jumps session we can't play dooku cause of aways in light side jump i hate you at this point so much that i am never ever again buying star wars game from you, I hope Disney takes the license back, and ea closes this worthless studio like all the others.
  • DarthJ
    6824 posts Member
    Wolfman91 wrote: »
    Zyder wrote: »

+1

also, are we talking about hvv map or GA Naboo ?

HvV. It plays pretty much continuously at the start
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • ‘Count Dooku’ looks good but his abilities are just way too Over Powerful compared to every other character....Thanks so much EA Games for making this freaking game of yours even more unfair!! And not bothering to actually give us Star Wars Fans exactly what we keep on asking you for, you haven’t even bothered to bloody fix up the number of errors and glitches that are infested in “Heroes vs Villains Mode” right now with some of them allowing people to cheat and also the problem with more stronger users ganging up on other players in each match!! 😡😡

You also fail right ‘EA Games’ in regards to making this game more fair for most players who are totally struggling across all platforms to freaking well level up any characters, because groups of other stronger users continually gang up and beat the crap out of players before you can even get the chances to have a decent shot yourself, let alone any fair game play matches....Fix Up The Matching System On HvV Already And Remove Targets Completely !!

I’m a good player myself at this game and have been into video games since the age of 5 years old....Yet never have I played any game that is as unfair and unbalanced as “Star Wars Battlefront 2”.

I had a try at playing ‘Count Dooku’ and to be very very honest, and as an experienced longtime gamer, I absolutely do not like what I see in this characters entire skill set layout.

It’s gotten me so angry right now that I’ve decided not to even bother completely upgrading ‘Count Dooku’ ever, and also I’m not bothering to playing the game untill ‘Anakin Skywalker’ and ’Padme Amidala’ are introduced along with other characters I’m after....If ‘EA Games’ aren’t going to balance out this game and make it more fair, then I’m not going to play it much anymore and I definitely won’t be spending any more money on crystals through my PlayStation Store Account.

What EA Games is doing with this game is absolutely garbage right now and I don’t anything to do with it until they listen to all fans, not just the regular top players, and both balance out and really fix this game when it come to the Heroes and Villains.

c7gpz6kbpznl.jpeg
    99sfll6uihdu.jpeg
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    KNOWN ISSUES
    • An issue has occurred with Obi-Wan and Rey not always being able to block attacks from Darth Vader or from Count Dooku, when his Duelist ability is active. The issue is being investigated and expected to be fixed at a later update.

Dooku is not even out yet and already brings issues. It's amazing you guys can't never release anything bug free.

I can already see due to this bug, people calling Dooku OP and asking for nerfs during a whole month, then on February he gets a patch fix AND nerf. tsc tsc

Maybe we should all play with him first.

He’s already been released here in Australia as we are ahead of the rest of the world due to time zones differences. I’ve unlocked and played as him already and honestly I’m not impressed at all on how Over Powerful EA Games has made his character....Just goes to show that they favor the much more stronger users, and don’t give a crap about how other users actually feel.

I’ve chosen not to play this game much until ‘Anakin Skywalker’ and ‘Padme Amidala’ are released... I’m not going to bother fully upgrading ‘Count Dooku’ as there’s other characters who are more worth upgrading. He looks good design wise but that’s about it for me but this character.
  • AdnamaAviv wrote: »
    KNOWN ISSUES
    • An issue has occurred with Obi-Wan and Rey not always being able to block attacks from Darth Vader or from Count Dooku, when his Duelist ability is active. The issue is being investigated and expected to be fixed at a later update.

Dooku is not even out yet and already brings issues. It's amazing you guys can't never release anything bug free.

I can already see due to this bug, people calling Dooku OP and asking for nerfs during a whole month, then on February he gets a patch fix AND nerf. tsc tsc

He’s already been released here in Australia as we are ahead of the rest of the world due to time zones differences. I’ve unlocked and played as him already and honestly I’m not impressed at all on how Over Powerful EA Games has made his character....Just goes to show that they favor the much more stronger users, and don’t give a crap about how other users actually feel.

I’ve chosen not to play this game much until ‘Anakin Skywalker’ and ‘Padme Amidala’ are released... I’m not going to bother fully upgrading ‘Count Dooku’ as there’s other characters who are more worth upgrading. He looks good design wise but that’s about it for me but this character.

I am glad you voiced your opinion and quite frankly, I disagree with you. The point values do not add up to make Dooku OP. Perhaps you are just an amazing player who plays with amazing friends in HvV and the opponents that you end up playing against are just really terrible players. I have also played Dooku and find him in line with other dark lords (except maybe Darth Vader) . Yes there are glitches and unless you can write programming code (C, C++, Java,.. etc.) I suggest that you report a bug for a legitimate claim. There are also players who think that Dooku is nerfed. What do you say to them? I would say add me, but there is no way to assure that we play against each other.

Take a deep breath, find some good players to play against and enjoy this amazing creation in the Star Wars universe my friend.

“Happiness comes a lot easier when you stop complaining about your problems and you start being grateful for all the problems you don’t have.”
  • Bring back Jetpack Cargo for us adults who still play this dying game.Nobody plays Ewok hunt after 10:pm cause all the children are in bed sleeping,don't believe me?Check the empty lobbies for yourself.This game is about dead anyway .
  • I like playing as Dooku. I was surprised how powerful he was from the start. If anything deserves a nerf, it's Lando and Chewie's stuns. Those abilities are the most OP of any of the heroes.
  • RC2074
    135 posts Member
    edited January 24
    No Coruscant Guard/ Clone Shock Troopers.. So much for waiting only to get this news.. Maybe if you kept your promises.. but I guess that is too much to ask.
  • DarthJ
    6824 posts Member
    edited January 24
    I'll not touch on the delays, as I think everyone has already said how bad that is.

On a positive note, Dooku is really fun to use, feels quite well balanced, and is a great addition. His abilities are good. Relatively bug free too! I think Burton could have done his voice a little better but thats a small complaint. The visual likeness to Sir Christopher Lee is excellent.

I find Geonosis HvV slightly too big a map.

Love the fact that duel of the fates (or parts of it rather) play at the start parts of the Naboo hangar map
    Post edited by DarthJ on
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Will 1v1 Coming Next Update?
  • BlazinSVK
    28 posts Member
    edited January 24
    Thanks for the update, it's at least something for a company which consider itself as a global leader in digital interactive entertainment, but:
    What about new hero starfighters? It was said in past we will get them along with new heroes. DICE again at its finest.
    What about trooper content?
    What about new maps?
    What about fixing other bugs? HvV is the most bugged mode, just play it one day and you will see.
    What about new star cards?
    What about to raise the max rank limit ? And why it can't be infinite?
    I'm a HvV player, member of TKS clan.
    My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSUxQWOhVYYnvM6lHfuWNzQ
    Twitch: twitch.tv/drunkensailorsk
  • Great love for Dooku, i've only played as him in Arcade with a friend where we tested out his skills against a lightsaber hero in 1vs1, i found some few flaws:

1. Dooku when using his abilities --> i love the animation, but it takes away some crucial time when somebody is attacking you with a lightsaber, i love the animations again, but it takes away his ability to block anything for at least 1-2 seconds

2. I see what you mean by dooku, vaders attack up against Rey's and Obi-Wan's…. And that could be fixed but otherwise they seems to be equally strong --> i found out that (since my friend is good at the game, for one who doesn't own it) Obi-Wan (if used right) can encounter Dooku quite well… Obi-Wan is quite OP towards Dooku, and it is not meant as anything bad, it just so right, Dooku and Obi-wan are both strong, so i guess that Anakin gonna be able to encounter Dooku even better than Obi-Wan!

3. I love his lightsaber attacks, animations and such… even though i had such a laugh, because my friend made a gay kinda joke where he said (We don't care if your gay or not, i am very acceptable) "You can call me Dooku… haaahaa *sarcastic gay laugh* and i am stronger than any Jedi haaahaa", however I LOVE DOOKU! can't wait to have lots of more fun with him!

Hope to get news about more arcade content, and news about Anakin earlier this time, even tho i guessed you had some issues with the scheduel which was okay (in my opinion)

• AdnamaAviv wrote: »
    KNOWN ISSUES

I am glad you voiced your opinion and quite frankly, I disagree with you. The point values do not add up to make Dooku OP. Perhaps you are just an amazing player who plays with amazing friends in HvV and the opponents that you end up playing against are just really terrible players. I have also played Dooku and find him in line with other dark lords (except maybe Darth Vader) . Yes there are glitches and unless you can write programming code (C, C++, Java,.. etc.) I suggest that you report a bug for a legitimate claim. There are also players who think that Dooku is nerfed. What do you say to them? I would say add me, but there is no way to assure that we play against each other.

Take a deep breath, find some good players to play against and enjoy this amazing creation in the Star Wars universe my friend.

“Happiness comes a lot easier when you stop complaining about your problems and you start being grateful for all the problems you don’t have.”

Oh shut up what do you know of prgraming to begin with noob with capital N.. Who the hell are you to talk to begin with ? Lmao look at 99% of people having said the same thing you probably one of this noobs who play boba or palpa all the time being worry not get dark side heroes Nerfed so your big talking ends up with you being broken AF.. Also amazing ? what exactly the bugs ? The Grind ? New PPL strugling to play Because of poor session manegment ? No balance what so ever ? The arcade that never gets updated The best you can do is shut up and hide under dices skirt.. Live people alone.. Also I am glad you voiced your opinion and quite frankly, I disagree with you ? So who the hell are you again random Boba Runner lmao there people who played the Game since lunch have all Char maxed out and even they say Dark side are OP! ANd dooku is op as well as the Hundrets of other bugs this game has and the god awful hero release date once every 30 days making game unplayeble because of noob like you jumping Sessions and saying its good later on random troll dont wonna hear you talk again ..NoOB
  • Personally, Count Dooku is just fine to me he's new give him some time and people will be able to fight him no problem. You just have to out think the player not the hero.
  • Ben, I'm loving this update, but I noticed a couple issues that I'm not certain were intentional as they weren't mentioned in the patch notes:
    1. Why was many of Kamino's rooms and corridor's changed to black and dark gray colors? It looked so amazing with all the whites, and it was canonically accurate.
    2. Why isn't the Enforcer Class available to play as on Geonosis in Custom Arcade?

I'm fairly sure the second issue was not intentional, but I'm awfully concerned about the first one. It's a significant change that looks like it would've required a good deal of effort to implement. The problem I have with this change is that the map is no longer accurate to Star Wars lore. Not to mention, it looked so aesthetically amazing the way it was with all the white.

Can you please confirm if these issues will be addressed in the future?

@F8RGE
    "All wings report in."
  • No mention of fixing Strike even though it is a known issue according to people on these forums and some staff. Also, no addressing Obi Wan? His push/other abilities needed a fix and he needed a buff
  • KIlapro909 wrote: »
    AdnamaAviv wrote: »
    KNOWN ISSUES

Oh shut up what do you know of prgraming to begin with noob with capital N.. Who the hell are you to talk to begin with ? Lmao look at 99% of people having said the same thing you probably one of this noobs who play boba or palpa all the time being worry not get dark side heroes Nerfed so your big talking ends up with you being broken AF.. Also amazing ? what exactly the bugs ? The Grind ? New PPL strugling to play Because of poor session manegment ? No balance what so ever ? The arcade that never gets updated The best you can do is shut up and hide under dices skirt.. Live people alone.. Also I am glad you voiced your opinion and quite frankly, I disagree with you ? So who the hell are you again random Boba Runner lmao there people who played the Game since lunch have all Char maxed out and even they say Dark side are OP! ANd dooku is op as well as the Hundrets of other bugs this game has and the god awful hero release date once every 30 days making game unplayeble because of noob like you jumping Sessions and saying its good later on random troll dont wonna hear you talk again ..NoOB

You really scared me with that one. I can see now that your intelligence, character, and wisdom are far superior to everyone else. I especially love the grace at which you are able to take criticism even in the face of adversity of the evil EA empire and those terrible people that created the game Star Wars Battlefront 2. I see now the error of my ways by your inspiring insults and your insightful commentary of the problems with the game. I will now go tuck my proverbial tail between my noob legs and go play Dooku, who is really awesome by the way. You should play him! I may even play Boba too! lol

• Ben, kylo Ren's block is still broken
  • Again nothing for Strike players, go figure...

• I know this topic has already turned into fighting and being ***** about what's still broken so at the risk of seeming off topic with this, it's so nice too finally have Count Dooku in the game! He's right behind Darth Vader as my favorite villain and he now completes the set of all the Sith (at least from the movies). The only thing about him is he sounds a little too angry with everything he says. In the movies he always talked more cocky and superior. Other than that he's a great character. And he fits the Geonosis map like a glove. Can't wait for Anakin Skywalker now!
  • Have you always been able to play as heroes in custom arcade without needing to unlock them? I'm able to play as Dooku offline but I haven't got enough credits yet...plus when I do play as him, expose weakness isn't being activated when I press R1.

Also I'm having a new problem with Vader, I am unable to block whilst under attack....
  • Matchmaking system is killing the game, i spend hours trying to get into a server with people in it! do like battlefield and add a SERVER LIST!
This discussion has been closed.