criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Battle Point Event: Eras

Replies

• Appl3corps wrote: »
    For some reason, I'm bothered that obi and Yoda are available in the OT. It's like going to a family gathering and your grandpa shows up but he's suddenly 20 years old....

Are Luke, Han and Leia available in the ST?
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • bfloo
    16056 posts Member
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    For some reason, I'm bothered that obi and Yoda are available in the OT. It's like going to a family gathering and your grandpa shows up but he's suddenly 20 years old....

Yes.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »

Yes.

Who are the villians in ST? Is it just kylo and phasma?
  • [email protected] Crylo/Phasma vs the whole LS roster and Chewie/ObiWan vs Palp and Bossk. Can only imagine how that's going.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• bfloo
    16056 posts Member
    [email protected] Crylo/Phasma vs the whole LS roster and Chewie/ObiWan vs Palp and Bossk. Can only imagine how that's going.

2 ST maps and 2 PT maps closest games I ever had on any of them.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Liz4rD
    1126 posts Member
    Remember:

We (and all the ppl in this forum) are not a valid statistic sample for DICE to make decisions about the game.

More on that, a bunch of participants in this thread are even less significant.

Sadly...
  • [email protected] Crylo/Phasma vs the whole LS roster and Chewie/ObiWan vs Palp and Bossk. Can only imagine how that's going.

There are 19 other players on the team, it’s madness if they’re not supporting their hero/villain. If I see Crylo taking a beating I’m more than happy to stinger his opponent.
  • SrawDawg wrote: »
    avmav wrote: »
    I like this, four heroes at once is too many anyway

Wrong, needs to be at least 6 per side simultaneously.

10000% wrong.Go play HvV

But there's only 4 per side in HvV.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • SrawDawg wrote: »
    avmav wrote: »
    I like this, four heroes at once is too many anyway

Wrong, needs to be at least 6 per side simultaneously.

10000% wrong.Go play HvV

But there's only 4 per side in HvV.

Smaller maps so job done
  • I only got to play a couple of matches last night....Kashyyyk and Yavin. Too small of a sample size to really get a feel for it but I didn't notice much difference. Kashyyyk was a steamroll like usual. I started in the middle of phase 1, the two villains were already out, and neither player ever lost them. Yavin started out like a steamroll but then we held in phase 2 to end it. Never saw a villain.

I am needing to play it more, but something felt off about it to me. Not sure what it was, probably just need more time with it.

I don't like that they didn't make it three distinct eras. It's more like 2 and a half....It feels off to me for some reason that basically everyone except ST folks are available in the OT. PT feels like kind of it's own thing....but then having the PT heroes in the OT, and the OT in the ST feels too muddled. It's more like "Era kinda locked" instead of "Era locked".

I would have been fine with Chewie being the only character to jump eras.
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    Remember:

We (and all the ppl in this forum) are not a valid statistic sample for DICE to make decisions about the game.

More on that, a bunch of participants in this thread are even less significant.

Sadly...

Neither is reddit.

A lot of people said Non-PT maps would be empty, but every single OT or ST map ive played has been 20v20 at all times.

so your casual gamer clearly doesn't ''dislike it'' as some people are saying

It's just reddit as always being the annoying small vocal minority they are

The game almost always has 20 v20 these days. It doesn't say the mode is popular
  • Versatti wrote: »
    [email protected] Crylo/Phasma vs the whole LS roster and Chewie/ObiWan vs Palp and Bossk. Can only imagine how that's going.

There are 19 other players on the team, it’s madness if they’re not supporting their hero/villain. If I see Crylo taking a beating I’m more than happy to stinger his opponent.

Lightside defends every ST map except SKB. Problem with Kylo/Phasma is they've no power and can't make a push.

LS team already had to be pretty bad to lose with Finn and Rey buffs. Now they have to be absolutely potato.

GCW maps are probably fine, those two hero rosters are the only ones that are actually balanced.

CW LS is laughable other than Yoda but the maps are so badly in LS favour and they get 5 extra heroes (wookiees), so nothing has changed there, I imagine

ST would be better for FO if they let Bossk play in that era. If he isn't officially dead there is no reason for him to not be part of that era. He doesn't even need any skin either since he always looks and wears the same, anyways. And he is one of the best heroes to push objectives.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Referring to the final phase of Theed ^

Not gonna edit my post and see it deleted o:)
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • HeavyTeemu wrote: »
    This is what we need. Make authentic GA playlist. I would even make it so extreme as to force troopers use their default blasters.

One can only dream.

This was my idea when putting together a concept for it:
    aunhjc990gw0.jpeg

Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Well I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. I think. Sure, we don't get to play as heroes as often, but I agree that there seems to be more skill involved. The games I played were a lot closer than usual. The first one was amazing, on Theed. It resulted in quite a long game, and I'm so amazed that we made it past the second stage as the droids. Anyway, I finished with 51 eliminations which was only the seventh highest in the match! I'm happy with that considering I didn't get a hero. The most was 125 eliminations and 39,594 score.

I prefer era-locked heroes for authenticity, although I must admit I found Heroes Unleashed really fun, so I wouldn't mind that as an event every so often. Maybe what we need is a new Strike-type Heroes-only game mode to fill the gap created by era-locking Galactic Assault.