criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Should level 40, and 70 match an "elite" or "skilled" player

Prev1
I was playing a bit of blast and stomped on a team like 2 games in a row with roughly the same people. Seriously. It was slaughter. When I got killed I was getting killed by lvl70 troopers.
Whatever.
When I noticed something was up was in HvV. Played 4 games in with the same people. A dropout or 2 along the way. My team was winning with little fight. Again, the times when I got killed I'm getting killed by lvl40 Heores. But when i watch the fight it would be Vader swinging and pressing R2 way after he ran out of stamina. A DarthMaul spinning to a wall, attacking, turning around slow and quickly jump up, not even force jumping? All while being shot at? C'mon that's kinda amateurish. After kill streaks one of them would kill me. I'd come back and kill them almost right away. Is was honestly a weak team with good coordination. It was always team battle. Also I'm not ant kind of player than talk that down on others, but we were destroying them. Currently at 26 Lando trying to get his good cards at purple.

But I thought it was kind of easy, and it probably shouldnt have been. If someone worked all the way to 40, they must've played a lot of that hero. Enough to know how to fluidly move and attack. Not just spamming attack button. And arent many of you paying on a higher sensitivity? Just not good playing. And on top of all of this. The slight lag on those games. Missing jumps, turning a corner and then not turning the corner, dash lag and all that! And we still won.

???

Replies

  • Levels mean nothing aside from you have played a little bit... I took my officer from level 0 to max level in a single XP boost weekend.
  • Lol leveling meaning something, about as relevant as star cards and weapon mods. All pointless
  • Appl3corps wrote: »
    Lol leveling meaning something, about as relevant as star cards and weapon mods. All pointless

    So the loot crate system was never "pay to win" is what you are saying?

    100% do not believe it was pay to win. Pay to progress sure, however I was max ranking heroes and troopers prior to the casualization progression patch.

    Totally agree.
  • God no. I'm level 70 with all troopers and 40 with the heros I want to play with. But I'm am very average... Maybe slightly above average on a good day.

    Levels represent no degree of skill. Iv had matches against players who are low level, maybe because they just got the game, but clearly good at FPS. Amazing really, I have huge respect. Don't necessarily want to playing against them or with them every match though... But that's the matchmaking issue isn't.
  • bfloo
    15656 posts Member
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    Lol leveling meaning something, about as relevant as star cards and weapon mods. All pointless

    So the loot crate system was never "pay to win" is what you are saying?

    It wasn't, maybe pay to get ahead at launch.

    Now it would be pay to catch up.

    I can do well even with heroes I never touched, and enforces/ aerials I rarely bother with.

    Same with fighters on the rare occasion I play sa.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Sad really then...all the uproar and vitrol that was here when it came out. So instead of a live service they are forced to divert those resources to a progression system that really doesn't mean anything at all and we have been left with this slow drip of content. Have any of you paid actual money for any of these skins? I haven't.
  • I have all base classes for both troopers and starfighters at max. I also have all heroes except Dooku at purple. That doesn't make me a good player. In fact, I'm mostly average even if I can top the scoreboard in some matches. Levels mean nothing.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Levels mean absolutely nothing in this game - lag and exploits win the day, more than any player skill.
  • Appl3corps
    424 posts Member
    edited January 26
    Mouthrax wrote: »
    Levels mean absolutely nothing in this game - lag and exploits win the day, more than any player skill.

    But wait....I thought this event was great because games are coming down to skill, not hero spam? At least, that's what I'm seeing a lot in various topics...
  • Appl3corps wrote: »
    Mouthrax wrote: »
    Levels mean absolutely nothing in this game - lag and exploits win the day, more than any player skill.

    But wait....I thought this event was great because games are coming down to skill, not hero spam? At least, that's what I'm seeing a lot in various topics...

    HvV (which isn't part of the event) can easily become into an exploit/lag fest. Thanks to how sabers work lag can be really troublesome there.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Appl3corps wrote: »
    Mouthrax wrote: »
    Levels mean absolutely nothing in this game - lag and exploits win the day, more than any player skill.

    But wait....I thought this event was great because games are coming down to skill, not hero spam? At least, that's what I'm seeing a lot in various topics...

    Well not exactly. What is happening is the most experienced/competent players are getting their heros in 1-2 minutes of a match then spend the rest of the match racking up pointless and useless killstreaks leaving the rest of us unable to get a sniff of a hero and having the majority of our teams going nowhere near objectives. It's rubbish actually.
  • bfloo
    15656 posts Member
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    Mouthrax wrote: »
    Levels mean absolutely nothing in this game - lag and exploits win the day, more than any player skill.

    But wait....I thought this event was great because games are coming down to skill, not hero spam? At least, that's what I'm seeing a lot in various topics...

    The event only effects GA, HvV is still the same mess.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Levels might show that someone has played a lot more than newer players, so it can generally mean they are somewhat more competent or know the maps, but that’s it. It is definitely no gurantee for higher skill as others have said.
  • It’s just for bragging rights. I played against lvl 10 who where better then some lvl 40, and 70s. It is all just a bunch of smoke
  • hsf_
    1854 posts Member
    If you play FPS games and you play to a high level, you'll likely be better than a large population of the game in a very short time, all you need to do is learn the maps.
  • Also Obviously experienced players can be sitting behind a lower level account. I occasionally play a sub account at levels 10 and below .You will get mm into level 70s lobbies and you can still outplay them....keeps you sharp too using base weapons
  • Just means they’ve played a lot. That 40 doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re any good.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Lvl 40 means they probably only play HvV because im decent with heroes but I only play GA which takes a longer time to rank heroes up. Also troopers at lvl 70 mean nothing. You can literally get points from dying in this game or when someone completes an objective so its not really indicative of skill. The only thing that shows you the skill of a player is skill. If they clearly out aim/fight you then thats a good player. If they can only use stuns or use exploding shot or other cheap crap then they arent good.
  • I wish I could get matched wit lvl 40 people in HvV more
  • From the descriptions it sounds like little baby children are playing against you and they can’t decide what they’re doing with the controls
  • Levels might show that someone has played a lot more than newer players, so it can generally mean they are somewhat more competent or know the maps, but that’s it. It is definitely no gurantee for higher skill as others have said.

    not higher skill, but having more experience with a game can definitely have it's advantages. I don't know how everyone in this thread can't see that. Especially in a game like this that practically revolves around what is exploitable and what is not. Only time can teach you that, unless you just binge watch a bunch of "how to" videos on youtube beforehand.

    As far as the "pay to win" denial goes, well, if people wanna deny that BF2 wasn't pay to win at it's launch, then they are truly brainwashed. lol


    Sad!
  • Appl3corps wrote: »
    Lol leveling meaning something, about as relevant as star cards and weapon mods. All pointless

    So the loot crate system was never "pay to win" is what you are saying?

    100% do not believe it was pay to win. Pay to progress sure, however I was max ranking heroes and troopers prior to the casualization progression patch.

    the phrase "pay to win" does not always mean you literally win just from paying. It's just a phrase that caught on ever since the Candy Crush era of mobile games that required you to literally pay to continue playing the game.

    If you wanna take the phrase literally, then yes, it's technically not pay to win, but there's no denying that it was a "pay to win" model they used in the beginning. Why else would everyone have made such a big deal about it?
  • Player rank means nothing when it comes to skill. Games are usually honestly won between the effort of 2-5 players on either side. Everyone else is just clueless fodder stumbling about half the time.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • my emperor is 40 and i still stink with him
  • To echo superdood92's sentiments, experience can have some benefits in this game. The OP is attributing too much to levels - I am level 70 with all troopers, 30 and 29 with enforcer and aerial respectively, and all my heroes are on purple cards with the exception of Dooku are on purple cards, some of them at Level 40. Can I still get beaten by someone of a much lower level? You bet I can. I am a better player than when I started but I'm no whizkid at this. However, I know my way around the maps now and have picked up a few tricks from friends so I can use that to my advantage.

    I think of it as being like Sam Gamgee in LotR where Frodo has gone Awol after Boromir tried to take the ring. Sam knows he can't run quickly so he has to stop and think what Frodo might do. If you aren't Mr spin, roll, dodge, fire rinse and repeat then you have to see how you can use other factors to be effective.

    So on the one hand, don't read too much into levels as they aren't a reflection of skill but bear in mind they are an indication of game experience and that can be a factor.

  • Since you can only levels up, it does not mean anything
  • bfloo
    15656 posts Member
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    Lol leveling meaning something, about as relevant as star cards and weapon mods. All pointless

    So the loot crate system was never "pay to win" is what you are saying?

    100% do not believe it was pay to win. Pay to progress sure, however I was max ranking heroes and troopers prior to the casualization progression patch.

    the phrase "pay to win" does not always mean you literally win just from paying. It's just a phrase that caught on ever since the Candy Crush era of mobile games that required you to literally pay to continue playing the game.

    If you wanna take the phrase literally, then yes, it's technically not pay to win, but there's no denying that it was a "pay to win" model they used in the beginning. Why else would everyone have made such a big deal about it?

    I don't think it would have been ptw in this game, star cards generally aren't that strong.

    If it went through without any complaints, it would have been a problem in future games as they kept pushing it further and further.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Seems to me 'elite' players are the ones that are somehow able to take 4 grenades and a sentry gun worth of damage and not die and hit you with two blaster bolts and kill you. Something's so wrong somewhere.
  • I'm living proof that you don't have to be good to hit 70 on trooper classes i also think i have 4 or 5 hero's in all purple and the best that could be said of me is average. Just having to much time on your hands is enough in this game. It's been out for well over a year also so i would bet there are plenty of people like me that have a bunch of level 70 and some purpled out hero's.
  • Some people think they are at a disadvantage when the enemy that kills them (Me) is running Purple acid launcher, scan dart and BP cards, with default weapon. But hey that level 70 just makes me op God tier as well obviously.
  • Lee1981
    1985 posts Member
    It’s just a number that you have gained by playing the game longer than someone else

    It has no factor in player skill, a level 5 could kill a level 70 just as easily
  • Some people think they are at a disadvantage when the enemy that kills them (Me) is running Purple acid launcher, scan dart and BP cards, with default weapon. But hey that level 70 just makes me op God tier as well obviously.

    Well thanks for your input. That's cleared it all up. Good luck getting your head out the door
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    Lol leveling meaning something, about as relevant as star cards and weapon mods. All pointless

    So the loot crate system was never "pay to win" is what you are saying?

    100% do not believe it was pay to win. Pay to progress sure, however I was max ranking heroes and troopers prior to the casualization progression patch.

    the phrase "pay to win" does not always mean you literally win just from paying. It's just a phrase that caught on ever since the Candy Crush era of mobile games that required you to literally pay to continue playing the game.

    If you wanna take the phrase literally, then yes, it's technically not pay to win, but there's no denying that it was a "pay to win" model they used in the beginning. Why else would everyone have made such a big deal about it?

    I don't think it would have been ptw in this game, star cards generally aren't that strong.

    If it went through without any complaints, it would have been a problem in future games as they kept pushing it further and further.

    Quote: “star cards generally aren’t that strong”

    So HoK star cards aren’t that strong for heroes in GA? As I can recall, some heroes were unplayable in GA because they didn’t have HoK cards. Imagine buying tons of loot boxes and not getting a single HoK star card for any hero.

    I think the loot boxes were pay2win and I would have never played the online service of this game while they were still active. At launch, all I played was the Campaign and Arcade.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • Retsim_Rellim
    112 posts Member
    edited February 10
    Some people think they are at a disadvantage when the enemy that kills them (Me) is running Purple acid launcher, scan dart and BP cards, with default weapon. But hey that level 70 just makes me op God tier as well obviously.

    Well thanks for your input. That's cleared it all up. Good luck getting your head out the door

    Struggling to see what I said to receive this? So you think I was being a little big headed? I'll give you that but I disagree.

    There have been people who say that purple star cards give enemies an upper hand, when they really don't and level 70 doesn't either. They are both meaningless to skill. Purple acid launcher and scan dart are hardly advantageous, "some seconds knocked off an ability reuse, so unfair right? Not!"

    But what is your beef, Moo? Do you just like attacking people who have a different opinion than you? If you have another side why not share it, give a counter argument rather than throw shade.
    Post edited by Retsim_Rellim on
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited February 9
    bfloo wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    Lol leveling meaning something, about as relevant as star cards and weapon mods. All pointless

    So the loot crate system was never "pay to win" is what you are saying?

    100% do not believe it was pay to win. Pay to progress sure, however I was max ranking heroes and troopers prior to the casualization progression patch.

    the phrase "pay to win" does not always mean you literally win just from paying. It's just a phrase that caught on ever since the Candy Crush era of mobile games that required you to literally pay to continue playing the game.

    If you wanna take the phrase literally, then yes, it's technically not pay to win, but there's no denying that it was a "pay to win" model they used in the beginning. Why else would everyone have made such a big deal about it?

    I don't think it would have been ptw in this game, star cards generally aren't that strong.

    If it went through without any complaints, it would have been a problem in future games as they kept pushing it further and further.

    Quote: “star cards generally aren’t that strong”

    So HoK star cards aren’t that strong for heroes in GA? As I can recall, some heroes were unplayable in GA because they didn’t have HoK cards. Imagine buying tons of loot boxes and not getting a single HoK star card for any hero.

    I think the loot boxes were pay2win and I would have never played the online service of this game while they were still active. At launch, all I played was the Campaign and Arcade.

    You can think that if you want... just as you can think that the moon is actually made of cotton candy... they are both objectively false, but you CAN think that if you want!

  • bfloo
    15656 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    Lol leveling meaning something, about as relevant as star cards and weapon mods. All pointless

    So the loot crate system was never "pay to win" is what you are saying?

    100% do not believe it was pay to win. Pay to progress sure, however I was max ranking heroes and troopers prior to the casualization progression patch.

    the phrase "pay to win" does not always mean you literally win just from paying. It's just a phrase that caught on ever since the Candy Crush era of mobile games that required you to literally pay to continue playing the game.

    If you wanna take the phrase literally, then yes, it's technically not pay to win, but there's no denying that it was a "pay to win" model they used in the beginning. Why else would everyone have made such a big deal about it?

    I don't think it would have been ptw in this game, star cards generally aren't that strong.

    If it went through without any complaints, it would have been a problem in future games as they kept pushing it further and further.

    Quote: “star cards generally aren’t that strong”

    So HoK star cards aren’t that strong for heroes in GA? As I can recall, some heroes were unplayable in GA because they didn’t have HoK cards. Imagine buying tons of loot boxes and not getting a single HoK star card for any hero.

    I think the loot boxes were pay2win and I would have never played the online service of this game while they were still active. At launch, all I played was the Campaign and Arcade.

    HoK cards came long after that debacle, and crystals were pulled before launch.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    Lol leveling meaning something, about as relevant as star cards and weapon mods. All pointless

    So the loot crate system was never "pay to win" is what you are saying?

    100% do not believe it was pay to win. Pay to progress sure, however I was max ranking heroes and troopers prior to the casualization progression patch.

    the phrase "pay to win" does not always mean you literally win just from paying. It's just a phrase that caught on ever since the Candy Crush era of mobile games that required you to literally pay to continue playing the game.

    If you wanna take the phrase literally, then yes, it's technically not pay to win, but there's no denying that it was a "pay to win" model they used in the beginning. Why else would everyone have made such a big deal about it?

    I don't think it would have been ptw in this game, star cards generally aren't that strong.

    If it went through without any complaints, it would have been a problem in future games as they kept pushing it further and further.

    Quote: “star cards generally aren’t that strong”

    So HoK star cards aren’t that strong for heroes in GA? As I can recall, some heroes were unplayable in GA because they didn’t have HoK cards. Imagine buying tons of loot boxes and not getting a single HoK star card for any hero.

    I think the loot boxes were pay2win and I would have never played the online service of this game while they were still active. At launch, all I played was the Campaign and Arcade.

    You can think that if you want... just as you can think that the moon is actually made of cotton candy... they are both objectively false, but you CAN think that if you want!

    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, I prefer my moon as swiss cheese thank you. ;)
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    Lol leveling meaning something, about as relevant as star cards and weapon mods. All pointless

    So the loot crate system was never "pay to win" is what you are saying?

    100% do not believe it was pay to win. Pay to progress sure, however I was max ranking heroes and troopers prior to the casualization progression patch.

    the phrase "pay to win" does not always mean you literally win just from paying. It's just a phrase that caught on ever since the Candy Crush era of mobile games that required you to literally pay to continue playing the game.

    If you wanna take the phrase literally, then yes, it's technically not pay to win, but there's no denying that it was a "pay to win" model they used in the beginning. Why else would everyone have made such a big deal about it?

    I don't think it would have been ptw in this game, star cards generally aren't that strong.

    If it went through without any complaints, it would have been a problem in future games as they kept pushing it further and further.

    Quote: “star cards generally aren’t that strong”

    So HoK star cards aren’t that strong for heroes in GA? As I can recall, some heroes were unplayable in GA because they didn’t have HoK cards. Imagine buying tons of loot boxes and not getting a single HoK star card for any hero.

    I think the loot boxes were pay2win and I would have never played the online service of this game while they were still active. At launch, all I played was the Campaign and Arcade.

    You can think that if you want... just as you can think that the moon is actually made of cotton candy... they are both objectively false, but you CAN think that if you want!

    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And everyone believes that their opinion is the truth. Just because you don’t agree with my opinion doesn’t make it false (necessarily). Just because you think your opinion is the truth doesn’t make it true (necessarily).

    Btw, I prefer my moon as swiss cheese. ;)
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • bfloo wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    Lol leveling meaning something, about as relevant as star cards and weapon mods. All pointless

    So the loot crate system was never "pay to win" is what you are saying?

    100% do not believe it was pay to win. Pay to progress sure, however I was max ranking heroes and troopers prior to the casualization progression patch.

    the phrase "pay to win" does not always mean you literally win just from paying. It's just a phrase that caught on ever since the Candy Crush era of mobile games that required you to literally pay to continue playing the game.

    If you wanna take the phrase literally, then yes, it's technically not pay to win, but there's no denying that it was a "pay to win" model they used in the beginning. Why else would everyone have made such a big deal about it?

    I don't think it would have been ptw in this game, star cards generally aren't that strong.

    If it went through without any complaints, it would have been a problem in future games as they kept pushing it further and further.

    Quote: “star cards generally aren’t that strong”

    So HoK star cards aren’t that strong for heroes in GA? As I can recall, some heroes were unplayable in GA because they didn’t have HoK cards. Imagine buying tons of loot boxes and not getting a single HoK star card for any hero.

    I think the loot boxes were pay2win and I would have never played the online service of this game while they were still active. At launch, all I played was the Campaign and Arcade.

    HoK cards came long after that debacle, and crystals were pulled before launch.

    My argument about the HoK cards was that it proves that some star cards can be pretty strong.

    Your point is true, but, what if lootboxes still existed when those HoK cards came out, then GA hero gameplay would really devolve into pay2win.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited February 11
    Duplicate
    Post edited by t3hBar0n on
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited February 11

    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And everyone believes that their opinion is the truth. Just because you don’t agree with my opinion doesn’t make it false (necessarily). Just because you think your opinion is the truth doesn’t make it true (necessarily).

    Btw, I prefer my moon as swiss cheese. ;)

    I disagree... your assertion of "pay2win" is a conditional reasoning/deductive reasoning statement which requires that the sufficient condition will indicate the presence of the necessary condition 100% of the time for it to be logically valid. If it does not indicate the presence of the necessary condition 100% of the time, then the conclusion is logically invalid and thus objectively false.

    Lets break it down... "pay2win". This could mean a couple things logically... but on first pass it would appear to mean "If you pay, then you will win" (with the contrapositive being if you don't win, then you didn't pay). Alternatively it could mean "If you win, then you paid" (in which case "pay" becomes the necessary condition and the contrapositive would be "if you don't pay, then you don't win"). In order for the assertion to be logically valid the presence of the sufficient condition MUST prove the presence of the necessary condition 100% of the time... if it does not, then the assertion is invalid.

    So, lets say "pay2win" means "If you pay, then you will win" and its contrapositive. If there is a scenario where you could pay, and still lose, then this assertion is invalid.

    Now, lets say "pay2win" means "If you win, then you paid" and its contrapositive. If there is a scenario where you could win, and have not paid, then this assertion is invalid.

    No matter how you setup "pay2win" for the sufficient/necessary order, none of them yield a 100% probability that the necessary condition will exist in the presence of the sufficient condition... thus the assertion of "pay2win" is logically invalid.
  • It was always pay to progress quicker whence potential to 'win out' more often....The slow TTK kept things in check anyways
  • bfloo
    15656 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    Lol leveling meaning something, about as relevant as star cards and weapon mods. All pointless

    So the loot crate system was never "pay to win" is what you are saying?

    100% do not believe it was pay to win. Pay to progress sure, however I was max ranking heroes and troopers prior to the casualization progression patch.

    the phrase "pay to win" does not always mean you literally win just from paying. It's just a phrase that caught on ever since the Candy Crush era of mobile games that required you to literally pay to continue playing the game.

    If you wanna take the phrase literally, then yes, it's technically not pay to win, but there's no denying that it was a "pay to win" model they used in the beginning. Why else would everyone have made such a big deal about it?

    I don't think it would have been ptw in this game, star cards generally aren't that strong.

    If it went through without any complaints, it would have been a problem in future games as they kept pushing it further and further.

    Quote: “star cards generally aren’t that strong”

    So HoK star cards aren’t that strong for heroes in GA? As I can recall, some heroes were unplayable in GA because they didn’t have HoK cards. Imagine buying tons of loot boxes and not getting a single HoK star card for any hero.

    I think the loot boxes were pay2win and I would have never played the online service of this game while they were still active. At launch, all I played was the Campaign and Arcade.

    HoK cards came long after that debacle, and crystals were pulled before launch.

    My argument about the HoK cards was that it proves that some star cards can be pretty strong.

    Your point is true, but, what if lootboxes still existed when those HoK cards came out, then GA hero gameplay would really devolve into pay2win.

    It would have been pay to catch up at that point, I had ~ 2/3 of the heroes maxed out at that point, and all but 2 to any purple card I wanted.

    I will grant, I think progression in shooters as far as weapons goes destroyed the level playing field and was the worst thing to happen to shooters.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    Lol leveling meaning something, about as relevant as star cards and weapon mods. All pointless

    So the loot crate system was never "pay to win" is what you are saying?

    100% do not believe it was pay to win. Pay to progress sure, however I was max ranking heroes and troopers prior to the casualization progression patch.

    the phrase "pay to win" does not always mean you literally win just from paying. It's just a phrase that caught on ever since the Candy Crush era of mobile games that required you to literally pay to continue playing the game.

    If you wanna take the phrase literally, then yes, it's technically not pay to win, but there's no denying that it was a "pay to win" model they used in the beginning. Why else would everyone have made such a big deal about it?

    I don't think it would have been ptw in this game, star cards generally aren't that strong.

    If it went through without any complaints, it would have been a problem in future games as they kept pushing it further and further.

    Quote: “star cards generally aren’t that strong”

    So HoK star cards aren’t that strong for heroes in GA? As I can recall, some heroes were unplayable in GA because they didn’t have HoK cards. Imagine buying tons of loot boxes and not getting a single HoK star card for any hero.

    I think the loot boxes were pay2win and I would have never played the online service of this game while they were still active. At launch, all I played was the Campaign and Arcade.

    HoK cards came long after that debacle, and crystals were pulled before launch.

    My argument about the HoK cards was that it proves that some star cards can be pretty strong.

    Your point is true, but, what if lootboxes still existed when those HoK cards came out, then GA hero gameplay would really devolve into pay2win.

    It would have been pay to catch up at that point, I had ~ 2/3 of the heroes maxed out at that point, and all but 2 to any purple card I wanted.

    I will grant, I think progression in shooters as far as weapons goes destroyed the level playing field and was the worst thing to happen to shooters.

    Yeah, the difference between the standard Officer gun and the SE-44c I staggering with mods, just like the TL-50 and the Standars heavy. It means that most of the time the gun you have is the biggest deciding factor.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • bfloo
    15656 posts Member
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    Lol leveling meaning something, about as relevant as star cards and weapon mods. All pointless

    So the loot crate system was never "pay to win" is what you are saying?

    100% do not believe it was pay to win. Pay to progress sure, however I was max ranking heroes and troopers prior to the casualization progression patch.

    the phrase "pay to win" does not always mean you literally win just from paying. It's just a phrase that caught on ever since the Candy Crush era of mobile games that required you to literally pay to continue playing the game.

    If you wanna take the phrase literally, then yes, it's technically not pay to win, but there's no denying that it was a "pay to win" model they used in the beginning. Why else would everyone have made such a big deal about it?

    I don't think it would have been ptw in this game, star cards generally aren't that strong.

    If it went through without any complaints, it would have been a problem in future games as they kept pushing it further and further.

    Quote: “star cards generally aren’t that strong”

    So HoK star cards aren’t that strong for heroes in GA? As I can recall, some heroes were unplayable in GA because they didn’t have HoK cards. Imagine buying tons of loot boxes and not getting a single HoK star card for any hero.

    I think the loot boxes were pay2win and I would have never played the online service of this game while they were still active. At launch, all I played was the Campaign and Arcade.

    HoK cards came long after that debacle, and crystals were pulled before launch.

    My argument about the HoK cards was that it proves that some star cards can be pretty strong.

    Your point is true, but, what if lootboxes still existed when those HoK cards came out, then GA hero gameplay would really devolve into pay2win.

    It would have been pay to catch up at that point, I had ~ 2/3 of the heroes maxed out at that point, and all but 2 to any purple card I wanted.

    I will grant, I think progression in shooters as far as weapons goes destroyed the level playing field and was the worst thing to happen to shooters.

    Yeah, the difference between the standard Officer gun and the SE-44c I staggering with mods, just like the TL-50 and the Standars heavy. It means that most of the time the gun you have is the biggest deciding factor.

    This is an issue in every shooter now. I jumped into Battlefield 1 when the French dlc released and was so outgunned it was comical.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    Lol leveling meaning something, about as relevant as star cards and weapon mods. All pointless

    So the loot crate system was never "pay to win" is what you are saying?

    100% do not believe it was pay to win. Pay to progress sure, however I was max ranking heroes and troopers prior to the casualization progression patch.

    the phrase "pay to win" does not always mean you literally win just from paying. It's just a phrase that caught on ever since the Candy Crush era of mobile games that required you to literally pay to continue playing the game.

    If you wanna take the phrase literally, then yes, it's technically not pay to win, but there's no denying that it was a "pay to win" model they used in the beginning. Why else would everyone have made such a big deal about it?

    I don't think it would have been ptw in this game, star cards generally aren't that strong.

    If it went through without any complaints, it would have been a problem in future games as they kept pushing it further and further.

    Quote: “star cards generally aren’t that strong”

    So HoK star cards aren’t that strong for heroes in GA? As I can recall, some heroes were unplayable in GA because they didn’t have HoK cards. Imagine buying tons of loot boxes and not getting a single HoK star card for any hero.

    I think the loot boxes were pay2win and I would have never played the online service of this game while they were still active. At launch, all I played was the Campaign and Arcade.

    HoK cards came long after that debacle, and crystals were pulled before launch.

    My argument about the HoK cards was that it proves that some star cards can be pretty strong.

    Your point is true, but, what if lootboxes still existed when those HoK cards came out, then GA hero gameplay would really devolve into pay2win.

    It would have been pay to catch up at that point, I had ~ 2/3 of the heroes maxed out at that point, and all but 2 to any purple card I wanted.

    I will grant, I think progression in shooters as far as weapons goes destroyed the level playing field and was the worst thing to happen to shooters.

    "I will grant, I think progression in shooters as far as weapons goes destroyed the level playing field and was the worst thing to happen to shooters"

    It delivers on ( monetisable ) base Human desires/needs ;-) Agree with you.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!