criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The game is better thanks to Eras, and more balanced thanks to less heroes

Replies

• Schwarzy wrote: »
    This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. You release a new hero and now you can’t even use him. Lol to the people that want less hero’s because they struggle to defeat them. The point of the game and the part that makes it fun are the HEROS. Go play blast if you can’t figure out how to defeat them. *hint* flash a hero with a flash gernade and shoot them. It’s really not that hard.

Shall we turn it around? Shall we ”lol to the people” that need overpowered hero crutches in order to perform in GA? Go play HvV if you want the game to be about heroes.

Or simply get a grip and realize that this game doesn’t revolve solely around you and your ”needs”.

Why do we always have to assume that people only play heroes because they are no good at troopers? How do you think they got the bp in the first place? With the exception of the officer, who sometimes gets BP for literally doing nothing, I often see that the people who are REALLY good as the heroes are also really good with the troopers. Otherwise they would be the sort that wants heroes unleashed all the time. For some people, heroes are fun, and it has nothing to do with their performance as a trooper.

Why do ”we” always have to hone in on everything, except for the actual point? Loads of people have paid for this game, and many of those people feel that the Battlefront series’ focal point is trooper combat, and that Dice overdid the heroes in BF2. Now we have an event for THREE days where the hero number is lowered, and then back to the ordinary, and you still can’t deal with that... yeah...
    Go play HvV if you want the game to be about heroes.

Go play blast or strike if you want the game to be about troopers. HvV is strictly heroes. Strike and blast is strictly troopers. GA is a mix.

Yeah, it’s a mix. And today it’s 2 heroes per team. Deal with it.

I... Uh.. Don't have a problem with that. My problem has always been the immersion/era-locked crowd. Not the number of heroes. I'm fine with only 2 heroes, so long as they are not era locked. In fact, I have said multiple times in the past that I would be fine with less heroes in GA as an event.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • I can solve this problem between between both crowds.

No cross era but you can have multiple of the same hero. Problem solved.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Lmao “deal with it”. It’s always 2 hero’s until the last stage to make it interesting and action packed. And it’s not just it’s only 2 hero’s but they don’t let you use most of them. And they release DOOKU and won’t let you play with him. How about you deal with the fact you clearly can’t kill a hero and struggle with the game. Go to arcade mode and play against bots it might help you get better.

• I can solve this problem between between both crowds.

No cross era but you can have multiple of the same hero. Problem solved.

202j387eefaz.gif

Agent Smith approves. This is SURE to satisfy the immersion crowd. They'll love it!
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
    Lmao “deal with it”. It’s always 2 hero’s until the last stage to make it interesting and action packed. And it’s not just it’s only 2 hero’s but they don’t let you use most of them. And they release DOOKU and won’t let you play with him. How about you deal with the fact you clearly can’t kill a hero and struggle with the game. Go to arcade mode and play against bots it might help you get better.

Did you make a forum account just to comment in this thread?
  • No I made an account because every time I look at the posts it’s people complaining the everything is “too hard” “make the game easier”. There has been so much Nerfing the we are back to the original game pretty much. Every time you guys make a change I just figure it out and play the game accordingly. I also don’t understand why you would limit the hero’s you can play as. It just doesn’t make sense at all.
    No I made an account because every time I look at the posts it’s people complaining the everything is “too hard” “make the game easier”. There has been so much Nerfing the we are back to the original game pretty much. Every time you guys make a change I just figure it out and play the game accordingly. I also don’t understand why you would limit the hero’s you can play as. It just doesn’t make sense at all.

Pretty sure Devs nerf/buff based on numbers and statistics not people complaining.

Era accurate isn't limiting the heroes you can play as its limiting the heroes you can play as on a certain map. They all would still be in the game.

Also heroes are extremely boring and much like Jedi in star wars galaxies ruin the game.
    No I made an account because every time I look at the posts it’s people complaining the everything is “too hard” “make the game easier”. There has been so much Nerfing the we are back to the original game pretty much. Every time you guys make a change I just figure it out and play the game accordingly. I also don’t understand why you would limit the hero’s you can play as. It just doesn’t make sense at all.

Pretty sure Devs nerf/buff based on numbers and statistics not people complaining.

Era accurate isn't limiting the heroes you can play as its limiting the heroes you can play as on a certain map. They all would still be in the game.

Also heroes are extremely boring and much like Jedi in star wars galaxies ruin the game.

What do you do when you hate all the ST maps except Crait, but actually enjoy the heroes from that era?

Anyways, as an old SWG player, I agree that the excessive Jedi killed the game. Not because they existed, but because it was no longer earned.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • You’re supposed to play the GA to win. If someone has a good hero then your objective is to take him out. Simple. I can change the tide of a game with a hero by helping my team to either defend or securing the objective. Same if I’m a trooper. If your thinks it boring as a hero maybe don’t stay at the back and trying not to die. Advance with your team and win the game. If you don’t have hero’s and villains then just go play call of duty. I’ll agree and say the people that sit back with the hero’s ruin the game but not the ones that use them properly and make the game a challenge. It’s the same as people that play as snipers at the back of the map doing nothing for the team. The game goes to overtime and if you don’t get into the area and cap it you lose and these snipers are just trying to get 1 kill.

• What do you do when you hate all the ST maps except Crait, but actually enjoy the heroes from that era?

Anyways, as an old SWG player, I agree that the excessive Jedi killed the game. Not because they existed, but because it was no longer earned.

Somehow get dice to add a map maker to the game. Like Frontwire does with their series.

I want to say I don't have a real problem with hero's. I like the concept my problem is they are every all the time. It just makes the game incredibly boring to me. Also I only really support the no cross era because seeing the same heroes on every map is just so incredibly boring. Oh look Dark side has Palpatine and bossk and Light side has Rey and Yoda.
    I could care about the immersion argument.

You are correct with swg.
    This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. You release a new hero and now you can’t even use him. Lol to the people that want less hero’s because they struggle to defeat them. The point of the game and the part that makes it fun are the HEROS. Go play blast if you can’t figure out how to defeat them. *hint* flash a hero with a flash gernade and shoot them. It’s really not that hard.

Shall we turn it around? Shall we ”lol to the people” that need overpowered hero crutches in order to perform in GA? Go play HvV if you want the game to be about heroes.

Or simply get a grip and realize that this game doesn’t revolve solely around you and your ”needs”.

Why do we always have to assume that people only play heroes because they are no good at troopers? How do you think they got the bp in the first place? With the exception of the officer, who sometimes gets BP for literally doing nothing, I often see that the people who are REALLY good as the heroes are also really good with the troopers. Otherwise they would be the sort that wants heroes unleashed all the time. For some people, heroes are fun, and it has nothing to do with their performance as a trooper.

Why do ”we” always have to hone in on everything, except for the actual point? Loads of people have paid for this game, and many of those people feel that the Battlefront series’ focal point is trooper combat, and that Dice overdid the heroes in BF2. Now we have an event for THREE days where the hero number is lowered, and then back to the ordinary, and you still can’t deal with that... yeah...
    Go play HvV if you want the game to be about heroes.

Go play blast or strike if you want the game to be about troopers. HvV is strictly heroes. Strike and blast is strictly troopers. GA is a mix.

The simple reality is that in this and last game BF15 the large mode is where the majority of players gravitate too ( as foolish as that maybe ;-) ) but they have no large trooper mode where is about the MAJORITY so until there is a multi map alternative the reduced Hero count is better for a wider playerbase

I remember the last game had several modes that split the player base up pretty bad, yet I had no trouble getting a game in any mode.

That being said, custom servers would solve every single problem in these forums.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg

What do you do when you hate all the ST maps except Crait, but actually enjoy the heroes from that era?

I played SWG when it launched, and back then the few who who unlocked them definitely earned them :) They couldn’t even brag about it iirc, since just flashing the lightsaber would attract bounty hunters and, in turn, perma death. Stopped playing when they enhanced the game the first time. Apparently jedi were easier to obtain after that.

Anyways, back to BF2...

• DarthJ
    6329 posts Member
    Agree that its more balanced for troopers, but hero hoggers have got worse, especially with Dooku's release. All my matches have seen 2 guys get the hero quickly and then sit back, leaving us at effectively 18 vs 20
    PSN: ibrajoker59

Those are some of the best maps in game. Why would you hate them?
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    Schwarzy wrote: »

Those are some of the best maps in game. Why would you hate them?

That's subjective. I don't enjoy those maps, and I can't really explain why. Maybe it's that announcer or something.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • I agree, but I think this wasn’t the right time to do the event (just after Dooku released, when everybody is camping him) and maybe three heroes per side would be better (once we get more heroes for the prequel)
    But yes, in my opinion it should be permanent
  • Thankfully this Event will never become something permanent. F8rge shot down the idea a few days ago. I couldn't find the two comments, but one stated there would never be an authentic mode. His other comment states Heroes would never be locked to specific eras permanently.

I believe you are looking for this.
    F8RGE wrote: »
    We have no plans for "Authentic Mode".

Sometimes gameplay comes first and I suspect that any authentic mode would require a lot of heroes to be reworked, at the least.

Sorry, but it's a no.

moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • lmao so balanced. Top 11 on my team all dumpster everyone on their team yet somehow we still lose

y493jhagjic8.png

bads like this event because they can simply stand next to Yoda (on Mos Eisley, so immersive!) and win, change my mind

I am not seeing the problem.

That in a shooter game you don't win by utterly demolishing the enemy team in terms of kill and score?

We smashed them on the first phase when we got to play the Lightside, mind you, so we were clearly much better. Why didn't we win both rounds if not for the terrible balancing situation caused by this gimmick event?

But yeah, I imagine all the cabbage are pleased at getting a 40% winrate rather than the usual 0%, and see no issue

Well it seems that when attacking it doesn't matter your kill count and when defending it does. Its the same in any attack and defend game mode where the attacking team has limited re spawns. Same thing happens in Battlefield 1s operations.

• Thankfully this Event will never become something permanent. F8rge shot down the idea a few days ago. I couldn't find the two comments, but one stated there would never be an authentic mode. His other comment states Heroes would never be locked to specific eras permanently.

Sometimes gameplay comes first and I suspect that any authentic mode would require a lot of heroes to be reworked, at the least.

Sorry, but it's a no.

Much appreciated! I think at this point that needs to be stickied to the top of the front page.
  • lmao so balanced. Top 11 on my team all dumpster everyone on their team yet somehow we still lose

y493jhagjic8.png

bads like this event because they can simply stand next to Yoda (on Mos Eisley, so immersive!) and win, change my mind

That in a shooter game you don't win by utterly demolishing the enemy team in terms of kill and score?

We smashed them on the first phase when we got to play the Lightside, mind you, so we were clearly much better. Why didn't we win both rounds if not for the terrible balancing situation caused by this gimmick event?

But yeah, I imagine all the cabbage are pleased at getting a 40% winrate rather than the usual 0%, and see no issue

Trying with a bigger bait? Lol, dude... It’s another 30h or so. You can do it.

Sorry, but it's a no.

While I don’t wanna put meaning behind his words, that particular quote was for a quite specific request, iirc.

y493jhagjic8.png

Well it seems that when attacking it doesn't matter your kill count and when defending it does. Its the same in any attack and defend game mode where the attacking team has limited re spawns. Same thing happens in Battlefield 1s operations.

show me a winning battlefield team where the top 18 on the losing team all outscored the top player on the winning one.

you won't. I play it. That game is remotely balanced and not afflicted by nonsense content removals like this one.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st

y493jhagjic8.png

show me a winning battlefield team where the top 18 on the losing team all outscored the top player on the winning one.

you won't. I play it. That game is remotely balanced and not afflicted by nonsense content removals like this one.

Hahaha... the fact that they released a marquee new hero and immediately restricted access to said hero leads me to think that whatever marketing resources they did have on this game have been shifted elsewhere... it is highly unlikely this scenario takes place if they are legitimately trying to generate revenue and excitement for the game and have a team of people working towards that goal.
  • Troopper_FoFo
    1055 posts Member
    edited January 27

We won. Maybe not all the way down to 18 but the 10nth guy down on their team had near our top guy in score and we won.

fvis4lvfftxq.png

• show me a winning battlefield team where the top 18 on the losing team all outscored the top player on the winning one.

We won. Maybe not all the way down to 18 but the 10nth guy down on their team had near our top guy in score and we won.

fvis4lvfftxq.png

**** Suez Ops is the worst designed trash in that entire game. Alt F4 everytime that junk came up forgot it existed

The hilarious thing is that lobby didn't even make it to Sinai which is even worse with the impossible 3 flag last phase

Okay, so one single operation in BF1 is almost half as bad as literally every map in Battlefront 2

Still, I wonder how much worse it'd have been if DICE had decided to go for a "no tanks weekend" (only attackers get tanks) for "immersion" sake.

Fortunately, we never got to find out because they don't break that game every weekend and call it a "live service"
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • I got another one. top guy more than 10,000 more score than our top guy. In fact again down to the 10th again.

Worse team in score won.

p4czabmnl6rc.png

• show me a winning battlefield team where the top 18 on the losing team all outscored the top player on the winning one.

fvis4lvfftxq.png

**** Suez Ops is the worst designed trash in that entire game. Alt F4 everytime that junk came up forgot it existed

The hilarious thing is that lobby didn't even make it to Sinai which is even worse with the impossible 3 flag last phase

Okay, so one single operation in BF1 is almost half as bad as literally every map in Battlefront 2

Still, I wonder how much worse it'd have been if DICE had decided to go for a "no tanks weekend" (only attackers get tanks) for "immersion" sake.

Fortunately, we never got to find out because they don't break that game every weekend and call it a "live service"

Hahahaha, you asked for it, you got it, so you try to change the conversation to bad map design...

uhh no I didn't? I said top 18, not top 9.

Battlefield has 32 person teams (compared to 20 in this game), so an 18 stack all outscoring the winning team is the equivalent of the 11 I showed earlier.

lmao @ all you scrubs trying to defend this dumpster fire tho.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• Here we go all the way down atleast 17 our team did better and we lost. We almost doubled their score all the way down as still lost.

ed8appjvski8.png
  • Admiral_Xen
    2727 posts Member
    edited January 27
    Here we go all the way down atleast 17 our team did better and we lost. We almost doubled their score all the way down as still lost.

ed8appjvski8.png

uhh, top guy on Germany has 7876. Your 17th place has 5279.

Looks like the your 9th was as high as their first (tho with a pitiful 1 K/D). What arcane form of math are you using?

but anyway, you still haven't met the challenge

and you can stop if you don't have anything better, as desperately **** 87 battlereports that are almost but no cigar to a challenge I made isn't really contributing to the thread topic.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• Troopper_FoFo
    1055 posts Member
    edited January 27

uhh, top guy on Germany has 7876. Your 17th place has 5279.

Looks like the your 9th was as high as their first (tho with a pitiful 1 K/D). What arcane form of math are you using?

but anyway, you still haven't met the challenge

and you can stop if you don't have anything better, as desperately **** 87 battlereports that are almost but no cigar to a challenge I made isn't really contributing to the thread topic.

I meant each place on our team was almost double each place on their team. Like our number 8 had 8,000 some points vs their number 8 had 4,000.

y493jhagjic8.png

I've been seei g this a lot since Christmas and my guess would be that your team wasn't killing enough people threatening the objective.

Killstreaks are irrelevant if you aren't impacting the outcome of the match.

Some of the best players I've played with always end up around mid table but they know how to protect or secure an objective and make sure their team wins
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Almost all the players that defend cross era are new players and a lot of them are barely star wars fans.

This is so VERY untrue. So untrue it's insulting. I've been playing Star Wars Battlefront since the very first PS2 game. Every one of them. Read dozens of legends books before Disney killed them off. Never missed a great Star Wars game. I was frequently insulted by classmates for wearing Star Wars shirts to school back in the day. You have no right to keep calling cross era players non-fans. Take your True Scotsman nonsense somewhere else.

I don't say ALL THE PLAYERS that defend cross era, i say A LOT OF THEM. And is not an insult, seem that you are very susceptible. It is a statement that in my experience is true, a lot of players that defend cross eras are this. You are not one of them? ok. But tell why a veteran like you that is equal to me in love to star wars support this cross eras madness or at least don't want a single mode that support immersion like in the olds battlefront games.
  • Thankfully this Event will never become something permanent. F8rge shot down the idea a few days ago. I couldn't find the two comments, but one stated there would never be an authentic mode. His other comment states there are no plans to change how heroes work in GA.

Edit: Found the comments in his comment history (I don't know how to link those though).

''that's how respect for accuracy in star wars dies, under thunderous applause'' cit.
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Almost all the players that defend cross era are new players and a lot of them are barely star wars fans.

This is so VERY untrue. So untrue it's insulting. I've been playing Star Wars Battlefront since the very first PS2 game. Every one of them. Read dozens of legends books before Disney killed them off. Never missed a great Star Wars game. I was frequently insulted by classmates for wearing Star Wars shirts to school back in the day. You have no right to keep calling cross era players non-fans. Take your True Scotsman nonsense somewhere else.

I don't say ALL THE PLAYERS that defend cross era, i say A LOT OF THEM. And is not an insult, seem that you are very susceptible. It is a statement that in my experience is true, a lot of players that defend cross eras are this. You are not one of them? ok. But tell why a veteran like you that is equal to me in love to star wars support this cross eras madness or at least don't want a single mode that support immersion like in the olds battlefront games.

I don't care because it's just a video game. An online video game at that. I'm a life long gamer, but I never took video game stories seriously. I see video games as goofing off, but I expect books and films to be serious.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg

I played SWG when it launched, and back then the few who who unlocked them definitely earned them :) They couldn’t even brag about it iirc, since just flashing the lightsaber would attract bounty hunters and, in turn, perma death. Stopped playing when they enhanced the game the first time. Apparently jedi were easier to obtain after that.

Anyways, back to BF2...

I somehow missed this comment, but yeah, I was one of them there bounty hunners, when I wasn't busy cooking or dancing or whatever. lol
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Alex64
    6478 posts Member
    Less heroes= immersion and balance? lol You're becoming so creative, cross era won't leave this game, stop beating this rotten dead horse please.