criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

STONE #9 flametroopers - a call for common sense

KOCMOC
34 posts Member
edited January 21
flamethrowers are too overpowered due to high mobility and moverment speed.

I believe it is possible to add some realism into the gameplay and disallow for this unit to make rolls and flips?

P.S.
Heavy unit with fuel tanks on his back can't jump, roll and flip!

khgsui3gmfr2.png
lasers were red - not blue !!!
Post edited by KOCMOC on

Replies

• It’s already penalised by limited range, which is why it’s most effective in corridor style maps. Out of range and your Flame Trooper is a walking target.
  • Versatti wrote: »
    It’s already penalised by limited range, which is why it’s most effective in corridor style maps. Out of range and your Flame Trooper is a walking target.

I ask for realism, flametrooper can't roll or flip with such heavy load on his back.. try it for your self..
    Yes he should be well protected but he must be literally a walking target...
  • I hate when people ask for "realism" in games. Espically a game about wars in space lol.
  • haters not welcome
  • No, the flame troopers is fine, and would need some sort of dodge ability.
    And like Versatti said he's got a very limited range and is only good (lethal) in close quarter maps (or parts of).
  • I'm not really against this. He can have the side step evade like the Super Battle Droids do. But also is this really what we want devs spending their time on?
  • By this logic heavy’s also shouldn’t be able to roll/flip. But I’m good with changing to sidestepping for both.
  • @KOCMOC It is a neat idea but it would limit them to much for them to be effective. They would have to give them a hearth boost.