criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Would You Like To See A Saber Hero Only Event In HvV Next Month

ayoub786
218 posts Member
edited January 27
With 5 lightsaber wielders on each side as well as a revamped lightsaber combat system, would you guys like to see a saber hero only event in Heroes vs Villians to compliment the February update? I personally love when everyone picks saber heroes in HvV. Thoughts?

Replies

• Yes
    Great idea
  • Would love to see the weeping with them getting demolished by troopers continuously
  • Would love to see the weeping with them getting demolished by troopers continuously

Read the title again.

@ op, yeah, that’d be tight
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • I say just get rid of blaster heroes altogether. Saber's are way cooler anyways.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    Would love to see the weeping with them getting demolished by troopers continuously

Read the title again.

@ op, yeah, that’d be tight

Sigh, I see what you mean. Couldn’t think of anything worse
  • I say just get rid of blaster heroes altogether. Saber's are way cooler anyways.

Nothing like casualizing it further

Not asking for this. Just a weekend event.
  • Exactly
    ayoub786 wrote: »
    I say just get rid of blaster heroes altogether. Saber's are way cooler anyways.

Not asking for this. Just a weekend event.

• sounds interesting.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Yes. Every kind of events in HvV would be welcome change, TDM events, Conquest events and saber hero only events.
  • No, until they have made lightsaber combat acceptable. After that, yes.
  • ayoub786
    218 posts Member
    edited January 27
    Paraply wrote: »
    No, until they have made lightsaber combat acceptable. After that, yes.
    Wanna read my post again??
  • not really, I play 90% hvv with blasters, so that would kill the game for me for the duration of the event
  • Srublord wrote: »
    not really, I play 90% hvv with blasters, so that would kill the game for me for the duration of the event
    It would literally just be a like a three day event.

Why get rid of blaster heroes? Care to elaborate?
  • Srublord wrote: »
    Srublord wrote: »
    not really, I play 90% hvv with blasters, so that would kill the game for me for the duration of the event
    How about a three day event with blaster heroes only?

That would be interesting but the Heroes have 5 blasters while the villains have 4. Would that be okay with you?
  • Yes! It would be so fun to duel it out without having some blaster guys ruin the fight.
  • ayoub786 wrote: »
    How about a three day event with blaster heroes only?

That would be interesting but the Heroes have 5 blasters while the villains have 4. Would that be okay with you?

Emperor functions like a blaster hero, just shooting lightning instead of plasma
  • I like the idea of both blaster heroes only in HvV and also Sabers only in HvV. Two different events that can be used any weekend, I'd be down for that. It would make me play as blaster heroes in HvV on those certain weekend, and I never play as blaster heroes, they are all under a level 10.
  • GrayOne wrote: »
    I like the idea of both blaster heroes only in HvV and also Sabers only in HvV. Two different events that can be used any weekend, I'd be down for that. It would make me play as blaster heroes in HvV on those certain weekend, and I never play as blaster heroes, they are all under a level 10.

Lando and Iden are beasts in HvV once you get the hang of them. I highly suggest you try them out.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • I don't think that a Saber only, or a blaster only event would be a good idea.

The lightside Saber Heros have no way to counter the raw DPS and crowd control the Darkside has, if you ever seen a match were the lightside tried to run a full saber setup, then you know it either ends with a total slaughter for the Lightside or some of them switch to Blaster Heros, of course if you run into a team of Darkside Saber users that don't know what they are doing or not play as a team at all then you can still win, but if they are decent players you don't.
    For only blaster Heros it leans more towards the Lightside, they have great DPS with all the blaster users, Finn would be the worst the rest can deal a lot of damage and crowd control with Lando and Chewie, they also don't have to come close to do damage wich means they have a easy time avoiding Phasmas droid or simply shoot it down, stay away from Bossks mines while still shooting him and they also can shoot at Iden before she comes in range for her stun droid.

Overall a good mix of Saber and Blaster Heros is the only way to get some balance.

If you want your duels with another saber wielder to not be interrupted by a blaster user then your teammates with blaster need to take care of them, teamplay is the key not 1 vs 1 duels, at least not for HvV.
  • What. In the name of all that is holy. On God's green earth. Is this obsession people have with glowstick heroes?

We aren't playing Jedi Power Battles here.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • I don't think that a Saber only, or a blaster only event would be a good idea.

The lightside Saber Heros have no way to counter the raw DPS and crowd control the Darkside has, if you ever seen a match were the lightside tried to run a full saber setup, then you know it either ends with a total slaughter for the Lightside or some of them switch to Blaster Heros, of course if you run into a team of Darkside Saber users that don't know what they are doing or not play as a team at all then you can still win, but if they are decent players you don't.
    For only blaster Heros it leans more towards the Lightside, they have great DPS with all the blaster users, Finn would be the worst the rest can deal a lot of damage and crowd control with Lando and Chewie, they also don't have to come close to do damage wich means they have a easy time avoiding Phasmas droid or simply shoot it down, stay away from Bossks mines while still shooting him and they also can shoot at Iden before she comes in range for her stun droid.

Overall a good mix of Saber and Blaster Heros is the only way to get some balance.

If you want your duels with another saber wielder to not be interrupted by a blaster user then your teammates with blaster need to take care of them, teamplay is the key not 1 vs 1 duels, at least not for HvV.

seems fine to me also have you ever gotten hit by both Obi and Reys mind trick at the same time? its a death sentence. Good lukes and Yodas are not to be trifled with either.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    What. In the name of all that is holy. On God's green earth. Is this obsession people have with glowstick heroes?

You okay? It would just be a weekend event to promote the release of a Anakin and the new lightsaber combat system.

Without Palpatine, BEYOND BALANCED BOSSK, Boba Fett, and the Two Stun Queens, it is actually decently balanced. This however hoping, the new combat system balances things out and Anakin is a powerful addition to the light side.
  • greedo1980
    718 posts Member
    edited January 27
    Sounds like a block-fest. Not until combat gets fixed.
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    What. In the name of all that is holy. On God's green earth. Is this obsession people have with glowstick heroes?

You okay? It would just be a weekend event to promote the release of a Anakin and the new lightsaber combat system.

I'm fine.

Incidentally, it wouldn't even need to be an event. As whenever you soloqueue, for whatever reason, without thought or foresight, the other 3 people on your team instantly pick LITERALLY ANYTHING with a lightsaber.

Or incase you were referring to my apparent hostility towards the idea of lightsaber exclusivity, then yep, spot on. For a game called Battlefront, it sickens me to the core how overrepresented they are. And that's without even starting about the "community" clamoring for them with feverish obsession.

TLDR: No need to make it an event when everyone does it anyway.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Relmets
    2245 posts Member
    They just need to add private matches
    [+3748 posts]
  • greedo1980 wrote: »

Did you even read what I said? I said after the new combat system is released. Would you like an event like this then?
  • KresusFIN wrote: »

I'm fine.

Incidentally, it wouldn't even need to be an event. As whenever you soloqueue, for whatever reason, without thought or foresight, the other 3 people on your team instantly pick LITERALLY ANYTHING with a lightsaber.

Or incase you were referring to my apparent hostility towards the idea of lightsaber exclusivity, then yep, spot on. For a game called Battlefront, it sickens me to the core how overrepresented they are. And that's without even starting about the "community" clamoring for them with feverish obsession.

I’ll I am asking for is a single event. If you don’t want to participate in this event, just go play another game mode until it’s over. Is it really much to ask for such a simple concept that promotes the new combat system?

I'm fine.

I’ll I am asking for is a single event. If you don’t want to participate in this event, just go play another game mode until it’s over. Is it really much to ask for such a simple concept that promotes the new combat system?

Exactly
    greedo1980 wrote: »

Did you even read what I said? I said after the new combat system is released. Would you like an event like this then?

Missed that sorry.

If it gets fixed and they do a good job of it (a big if), then yes I think it would be interesting.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    I don't think that a Saber only, or a blaster only event would be a good idea.

seems fine to me also have you ever gotten hit by both Obi and Reys mind trick at the same time? its a death sentence. Good lukes and Yodas are not to be trifled with either.

It happened to me as Phasma without my droid out and full health. I am sure you can guess how it ended...
    May your heart be your guiding key.