criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Canonic Heroes thanks to 600.000 points limitation - THANk YOU!

Please, this needs to be a permanent arrangement!

I am so tired of grievous on Hoth, Kylo Ren on Naboo, Vader on Kashyyyk or Finn on Geonosis!

You have enough heroes and villains to make this permanent. please, let us hardcore fans enjoy an immersive experience, instead of this stupid herofront! i know people who havent bought this game because of cross-era heroes! on one hand you try to set up a scenario and lore by making intro cutscenes and battle scenarios, on the other hand you say "**** it! rey on yavin 4!!!" .... why???

Replies

• Cyro
    72 posts Member
    so you like playing darth maul on takodana or grievous on Hoth?

sorry. but that's unimmersive stuff that breaks the experience of many gamers! i dont want a sandbox-game where you just throw everything together!! what next? play as battle droids on death star versus resistance?? or allow chosing ANY skin for ANY class of ANY era?? so we have clone-droid-first order armies fighting resistance-rebel-empire forces???

this hero-mix breaks immersion. fullstop. you cannot argue on that or deny that fact!! you want them mixed up? play heroes vs villains!
  • Cyro wrote: »
    so you like playing darth maul on takodana or grievous on Hoth?

sorry. but that's unimmersive stuff that breaks the experience of many gamers! i dont want a sandbox-game where you just throw everything together!! what next? play as battle droids on death star versus resistance?? or allow chosing ANY skin for ANY class of ANY era?? so we have clone-droid-first order armies fighting resistance-rebel-empire forces???

this hero-mix breaks immersion. fullstop. you cannot argue on that or deny that fact!! you want them mixed up? play heroes vs villains!

That argument goes both ways. Do you want them to era lock weapons? The CR2 was only used by Naboo guards, so we can't have that on the OT maps! And that is arguably more immersion breaking than heroes. You might never see Rey on the DS2, but you will certainly see at least 5 troopers using a weapon that was never used in that era.
  • Agreed. This was BY FAR the best event so far. Thank you @F8RGE and the team for doing this. Hope to see more events like this in the future.
  • this game isnt canon... no one would ever want to play sequel maps because 3 out of 4 sequels heroes/villains suck in GA
  • jordi1337 wrote: »
    this game isnt canon... no one would ever want to play sequel maps because 3 out of 4 sequels heroes/villains suck in GA

I rather enjoy playing as Kylo and Phasma. Your argument is invalid.
  • I too absolutely loved the event, and felt like this is what the game should be as default (since they have enough heroes/villains to do so now).

Much more balanced feeling, much more immersive, and you actually feel like you are a hero making a significant impact.

What I would do is have Galactic Assault be era-appropriate heroes/villains only, 2 per side maximum.

Then created another game mode "Galactic Onslaught" whereby all heroes/villains are available, with no limit.

Best of both words...
  • Cyro
    72 posts Member
    the game TRIES to be canon! it starts every match with a narrator who tells us whats the situation/plot of this battle! then it has an attack plan and you are supposed to stick to it! and then.... Kylo Ren joins the battle of Kashyyyk. thanks! -.- thats like if you try to build a lego diorama and your dumb little brother descides to put in duplo!

btw that weapons argument is a good point...but you dont see blasters as annoyingly pushed into your face as heroes! i often dont even regocnize the blasters my enemies are using!
  • For real, i personally always target cross era heroes with vanguard or speeders/sentry
    I hate people using cross era on different eras

Luke on naboo or kylo on hoth AWFUL
  • It's a far less stretch of the imagination to think blasters from the Clone Wars might have survived into the days of the Empire or the New Order.

Given "Solo" affirmed Maul survived T.P.M., I'm inclined to give a pass on some transgressions of Heroes and Villains being out of context. What I object to, however, is seeing Heroes & Villains simply running the show over grunts on any given Galactic Assault map. J.J. Binks could only give up at the end of episode 1; I feel as powerless when confronted by your average hero/villain player. oh well, time to restart...