criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Game Update
Forest of Endor

The game is better thanks to Eras, and more balanced thanks to less heroes

13

Replies

  • Sure locking Dooku outta 2/3 maps is a great move lol, great timing dice!

    Judging from feedback it’s much less popular than heroes unleashed
  • THIS RUINED MY IMMERSION. "MY". Emphasis on "MY," "ME," "I."

    Truthfully, there is no TRUE SW "immersion." There are anachronistic things ALL over GA. That lack of cross-era heroes isn't what's impacted "YOUR" immersion. It's the game!

    And... GA is WORSE off without cross-eras heroes. That's how it started. That's how it shall continue. If you want in-era game, then let DICE create it. Should be fun to play against the other boo-hoo "ME" players who number in the 10s.
  • dirgerex wrote: »
    THIS RUINED MY IMMERSION. "MY". Emphasis on "MY," "ME," "I."

    Truthfully, there is no TRUE SW "immersion." There are anachronistic things ALL over GA. That lack of cross-era heroes isn't what's impacted "YOUR" immersion. It's the game!

    And... GA is WORSE off without cross-eras heroes. That's how it started. That's how it shall continue. If you want in-era game, then let DICE create it. Should be fun to play against the other boo-hoo "ME" players who number in the 10s.

    https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.78a001914cc928473da16a057fdaaba5&pid=Api&rurl=https://media.giphy.com/media/l3q2K5jinAlChoCLS/giphy.gif&ehk=dCW7YgY3FBmRMnXESU+ZOw
  • I like the idea of only era heroes on the GA maps, for a permanent change. But some maps still have a grip of era heroes cause young Luke crosses over to old Luke maps...even though we don't have old Luke skin☹️ same goes for Obi Wan and so on. 2 or 4 heroes per team seems good. When it's 6 to 8 heroes at a time that can be too much.......which is why they need a HvV mode death match style all heroes available (teams of every hero) and then AI troopers on expert AI level running around as connon fodder. Because we all know that was the real reason for clones and droids.
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Schwarzy wrote: »
    Honestly you guys can’t be good at this game then. I’ve played this game since the beginning. I play to win the game. I’m not the guy in the back of the map trying to get 3 kill streaks and not contributing to the actual objectives. Just because you struggle at the game doesn’t mean they have to change everything. I don’t just play as a hero. Im very good with officer.

    Again, missing the point. Even though I’m pro cross era, I can see some prefer Infantry, and don’t want to feel like an insignificant unit at the last phase. Some want to play Infantry with Objectives, and take place in a war, not be fodder for the next hero spammer. I have seen some of these people perform exceptionally, but choose not to be a hero because to them,(and me partially) Battlefront is not about the heroes, it’s about the soldiers that fought to help them, and their stories.
    Love this. Thank you.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    If by balanced you mean its impossible to take certain choke points then yes its "balanced"

    ^ this event has done nothing to GA balance wise outside of making things worse.

    Anecdotal claim, obviously. This is not my experience at all.

    clone wars still has Yoda, Bossk, Palps and Maul. Yoda being god tier in GA can carry a team by him self and the DS still has its top 3 villains on these maps basically its the same old thing here. Prequel trilogy has Yoda, Palps and Bossk. once again Yoda can carry a team by him self and DS has Palps and Bossk and thats all they need its the same old thing yet again. sequel trilogy has Rey, Finn, Kylo and Phasma and this is were the unbalance comes in as Rey and Finn are both Top 3 LS heroes while Kylo and Phasma are both low tier DS heroes even with how good Kylo can be at disrupting the enemy and killing heroes he simply isn't on the same tier as Rey and Finn and Phasma is to situational being good maybe on only like 1 phase on a few maps. I will say the only saving grace the first order has is the flame trooper who is more powerful then wookie warriors from my experience but I have not played this event enough to see if they actually make a difference.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Jakku and crait aren't great if your first order. You only get the option of kylo and phasma.. Personally I'd rather stay as infantry hahaha
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    And this why we don't have good games.

    fgq433jd6f1q.jpg

    How many times are you gonna make me use this?
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Jakku and crait aren't great if your first order. You only get the option of kylo and phasma...
    ...and Assault, and Heavy, and Officer, and Specialist, and Aeral, and Enforcer...

    Personally I'd rather stay as infantry hahaha
    I agree. But then I'd always rather stay as infantry. =)
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    And this why we don't have good games.

    fgq433jd6f1q.jpg

    How many times are you gonna make me use this?

    Using it on yourself would be a good start...
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    And this why we don't have good games.

    fgq433jd6f1q.jpg

    How many times are you gonna make me use this?

    Using it on yourself would be a good start...

    DarthCapa2 says we don't have good games. I can think of hundreds.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    And this why we don't have good games.

    fgq433jd6f1q.jpg

    How many times are you gonna make me use this?

    Using it on yourself would be a good start...

    DarthCapa2 says we don't have good games. I can think of hundreds.

    9mymfvwb6y85.png

    It's my opinion that I can think of hundreds of games worth playing?
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Enough with this debate. I am tired of each side of this argument saying the other side’s favorite version of GA is trash. Stop shouting down the opinions of other people who disagree with you. I think both events should occur every month. This way, both sides are happy and that still leaves the devs with about two other weekend events each month.

    Personally, I liked both events for different reasons. I liked HU for its excitement and chaos, and the cheap hero prices meant I didn’t have to play as conservatively with my hero as I normally would. I liked the Eras GA mainly because of the change to only two heroes in the third phase, which improved trooper gameplay in that phase. I also sincerely enjoyed seeing only mostly era-appropriate heroes on maps of that era (yet this event also stressed why we needed old Luke, Leia, Han, and Obi-Wan skins).
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    And this why we don't have good games.

    fgq433jd6f1q.jpg

    How many times are you gonna make me use this?

    Using it on yourself would be a good start...

    Ahah you win
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    And this why we don't have good games.

    fgq433jd6f1q.jpg

    How many times are you gonna make me use this?

    Using it on yourself would be a good start...

    DarthCapa2 says we don't have good games. I can think of hundreds.

    9mymfvwb6y85.png

    It's my opinion that I can think of hundreds of games worth playing?

    Yes, because I may disagree on the ones you pick, as it is subjective, therefore an opinion
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    And this why we don't have good games.

    fgq433jd6f1q.jpg

    How many times are you gonna make me use this?

    Using it on yourself would be a good start...

    DarthCapa2 says we don't have good games. I can think of hundreds.

    9mymfvwb6y85.png

    It's my opinion that I can think of hundreds of games worth playing?

    Yes, because I may disagree on the ones you pick, as it is subjective, therefore an opinion

    Actually, I disagree. You see, there are games that are subjectively good, and then there are those that are factually, or objectively good, even if I don't like them. Like the band Queen for instance. It is a fact that they are a great band, even though I personally don't like them at all. It is a fact that the Witcher 3 is a great game, even though I think it's just okay. Final Fantasy XIII is a factually terrible game, even though I love it. General consensus is what makes something objectively good and not simply opinion.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • ..More balanced?

    Finn and Rey would like a word with you. Darth Tantrum and Chrome trashcan can't do anything for their team against these two.

    ...Unless the former suck to the point of having no business in multiplayer. (Or their teams are just that defective. That's always a possibility too.)
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • “The game is better thanks to eras, and more balanced thanks to *fewer* heroes
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    And this why we don't have good games.

    fgq433jd6f1q.jpg

    How many times are you gonna make me use this?

    Using it on yourself would be a good start...

    DarthCapa2 says we don't have good games. I can think of hundreds.

    9mymfvwb6y85.png

    It's my opinion that I can think of hundreds of games worth playing?

    Yes, because I may disagree on the ones you pick, as it is subjective, therefore an opinion

    Actually, I disagree. You see, there are games that are subjectively good, and then there are those that are factually, or objectively good, even if I don't like them. Like the band Queen for instance. It is a fact that they are a great band, even though I personally don't like them at all. It is a fact that the Witcher 3 is a great game, even though I think it's just okay. Final Fantasy XIII is a factually terrible game, even though I love it. General consensus is what makes something objectively good and not simply opinion.

    "General consensus" is just lots of opinions, subjective statements cannot make objective ones
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    And this why we don't have good games.

    fgq433jd6f1q.jpg

    How many times are you gonna make me use this?

    Using it on yourself would be a good start...

    DarthCapa2 says we don't have good games. I can think of hundreds.

    9mymfvwb6y85.png

    It's my opinion that I can think of hundreds of games worth playing?

    Yes, because I may disagree on the ones you pick, as it is subjective, therefore an opinion

    Actually, I disagree. You see, there are games that are subjectively good, and then there are those that are factually, or objectively good, even if I don't like them. Like the band Queen for instance. It is a fact that they are a great band, even though I personally don't like them at all. It is a fact that the Witcher 3 is a great game, even though I think it's just okay. Final Fantasy XIII is a factually terrible game, even though I love it. General consensus is what makes something objectively good and not simply opinion.

    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just because a million people think something is good doesn’t necessarily mean it is.
    Bring back Extraction to the main menu please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Episode IX
    “Season” 5: Rogue One
  • dirgerex wrote: »
    THIS RUINED MY IMMERSION. "MY". Emphasis on "MY," "ME," "I."

    Truthfully, there is no TRUE SW "immersion." There are anachronistic things ALL over GA. That lack of cross-era heroes isn't what's impacted "YOUR" immersion. It's the game!

    And... GA is WORSE off without cross-eras heroes. That's how it started. That's how it shall continue. If you want in-era game, then let DICE create it. Should be fun to play against the other boo-hoo "ME" players who number in the 10s.

    Funnily enough you let ”YOUR” idea of immersion and YOUR understanding of the term dictate your little speech there, patronizing those who have been asking for era-accurate heroes by not paying attention to what they have been saying. If that doesn’t scream ”MY”, ”ME”, ”I”, I don’t know what does.

    The word ”immersion” is used waaaay more often by the pro-cross-era posters than by the ones pushing for era-accurate-heroes somewhere in BF2 btw...

    Comprehension is important. Reading rainbow-time! Never did I say MY immersion. I said it's the game's immersion. I just play the game, I don't cry about it. Difference.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Schwarzy wrote: »
    Honestly you guys can’t be good at this game then. I’ve played this game since the beginning. I play to win the game. I’m not the guy in the back of the map trying to get 3 kill streaks and not contributing to the actual objectives. Just because you struggle at the game doesn’t mean they have to change everything. I don’t just play as a hero. Im very good with officer.

    Again, missing the point. Even though I’m pro cross era, I can see some prefer Infantry, and don’t want to feel like an insignificant unit at the last phase. Some want to play Infantry with Objectives, and take place in a war, not be fodder for the next hero spammer. I have seen some of these people perform exceptionally, but choose not to be a hero because to them,(and me partially) Battlefront is not about the heroes, it’s about the soldiers that fought to help them, and their stories.
    Love this. Thank you.

    No problem @JackTHorn. Even though we disagree on some issues, I do agree Infantry needs more, and this event put more emphasis on them.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • dirgerex wrote: »
    dirgerex wrote: »
    THIS RUINED MY IMMERSION. "MY". Emphasis on "MY," "ME," "I."

    Truthfully, there is no TRUE SW "immersion." There are anachronistic things ALL over GA. That lack of cross-era heroes isn't what's impacted "YOUR" immersion. It's the game!

    And... GA is WORSE off without cross-eras heroes. That's how it started. That's how it shall continue. If you want in-era game, then let DICE create it. Should be fun to play against the other boo-hoo "ME" players who number in the 10s.

    Funnily enough you let ”YOUR” idea of immersion and YOUR understanding of the term dictate your little speech there, patronizing those who have been asking for era-accurate heroes by not paying attention to what they have been saying. If that doesn’t scream ”MY”, ”ME”, ”I”, I don’t know what does.

    The word ”immersion” is used waaaay more often by the pro-cross-era posters than by the ones pushing for era-accurate-heroes somewhere in BF2 btw...

    Comprehension is important. Reading rainbow-time! Never did I say MY immersion. I said it's the game's immersion. I just play the game, I don't cry about it. Difference.

    You all did plenty of crying this weekend, if you ask me...

    The rest of your post makes no sense. ”The game’s immersion”, what does that even mean?
  • Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited January 28
    This event was bad.
    For reasons including:

    - Timing for Dooku
    - Cheap hero prices
    - Showing of bad map design if certain hero is not available
    - Lack of heroes (Young Luke on Starkiller Base is not accurate, where is Poe?)
    - Lack of era accurate skins (No old Han and so on)

    This event should not return unless done properly or a mode with complete accuracy is made, with all correct guns, skins and heroes for its respective era.

    Surely it was not about Eras ( just an easy PR spin ) but the easiest way to add a live test for less Heros and a GA event that was not HU yet again so quickly. Just editing numbers in file live service
  • This event was bad.
    For reasons including:

    - Timing for Dooku
    - Cheap hero prices
    - Showing of bad map design if certain hero is not available
    - Lack of heroes (Young Luke on Starkiller Base is not accurate, where is Poe?)
    - Lack of era accurate skins (No old Han and so on)

    This event should not return unless done properly or a mode with complete accuracy is made, with all correct guns, skins and heroes for its respective era.

    "Timing for Dooku" - Unrelated to the event
    "Cheap hero prices" - I agree, they should be more expensive
    "Showing of bad map design if certain hero is not available " - Can slightly agree, but only because that is more related to the maps than the event itself
    "Lack of heroes" - Unrelated to the event
    "Lack of era accurate skins" - I agree
  • DarthJ
    6708 posts Member
    Revisiting this after playing a bit more over the weekend - the event overall was decent - I liked the fact that heroes were restricted to eras for a time limited event.

    The biggest issue still for me was hero campers. With them being that cheap, the first couple who get them most of the time would sit back and refuse to push forward when attacking (PT was the worst for this, as everyone was attempting to get and then camp as Dooku). Essentially this then leaves a team disadvantaged with 18 vs 20, since the only thing the camping heroes would do was to sneak up and get the odd kill before sprinting to the back of the map again. Biggest example on Naboo last night - we were the Seps, 2 guys got Dooku and Maul quickly. didn't push up to stop the ion disruptors. Got to stage 2 and they firmly sat outside the Palace and didn't even attempt to move in. With 2 saber heroes refusing to do anything that literally left our team at 18 vs 20.

    If it comes back, I would want to see heroes priced at regular price in their era, others unavailable. Would also like to see respective eras have bigger limits for heroes. I know ST can only have 2 vs 2 for fairness, but PT could have had 3 vs 3 and OT 4 vs 4. Should have done that.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • This event was bad.
    For reasons including:

    - Timing for Dooku
    - Cheap hero prices
    - Showing of bad map design if certain hero is not available
    - Lack of heroes (Young Luke on Starkiller Base is not accurate, where is Poe?)
    - Lack of era accurate skins (No old Han and so on)

    This event should not return unless done properly or a mode with complete accuracy is made, with all correct guns, skins and heroes for its respective era.

    "Timing for Dooku" - Unrelated to the event
    "Cheap hero prices" - I agree, they should be more expensive
    "Showing of bad map design if certain hero is not available " - Can slightly agree, but only because that is more related to the maps than the event itself
    "Lack of heroes" - Unrelated to the event
    "Lack of era accurate skins" - I agree

    Lack of heroes is not unrelated to the First Order at least, when the Resistance had Rey, Finn, Han, Leia, Luke and Chewbacca and all they got was Kylo and Phasma. That is a serious miss match when so many of the light side are better than those two.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    The biggest issue still for me was hero campers. With them being that cheap, the first couple who get them most of the time would sit back and refuse to push forward when attacking (PT was the worst for this, as everyone was attempting to get and then camp as Dooku). Essentially this then leaves a team disadvantaged with 18 vs 20, since the only thing the camping heroes would do was to sneak up and get the odd kill before sprinting to the back of the map again. Biggest example on Naboo last night - we were the Seps, 2 guys got Dooku and Maul quickly. didn't push up to stop the ion disruptors. Got to stage 2 and they firmly sat outside the Palace and didn't even attempt to move in. With 2 saber heroes refusing to do anything that literally left our team at 18 vs 20.

    This is quite possibly the worst part of GA in general. It was a little more glaring this weekend due players getting a hero in the first seconds of the match. And never really helping progress the game.

    If we don’t win and those heroes didn’t help push the objective, that inflated kill total and points seen on the podium screen, holds zero weight to me. The first night I played a ton and got lucky to have teammates that didn’t do this. After that night it changed to what you basically described above.

    There was really no reason at all to cut the cost. It did more harm than good. If anything they should have been more expensive, but then it would have been more of the same just a minute or two later into the match.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Man, I really enjoyed the Cross Era event. Although it was far more difficult to get a hero because I refused to camp the spawn screen, I really did like it and felt that I, personally, had a better chance as a Trooper to clear/defend the objectives.

    Anyway, thank you DICE, I enjoyed it.
  • Thankfully this Event will never become something permanent. F8rge shot down the idea a few days ago. I couldn't find the two comments, but one stated there would never be an authentic mode. His other comment states Heroes would never be locked to specific eras permanently.

    I believe you are looking for this.
    F8RGE wrote: »
    We have no plans for "Authentic Mode".

    Sometimes gameplay comes first and I suspect that any authentic mode would require a lot of heroes to be reworked, at the least.

    Sorry, but it's a no.

    I believe the data they gathered during the event will prove that false. The games are much more ballanced when only 2 heroes are available.
  • ”The game’s immersion”, what does that even mean?

    When you take a bacta bath... :D :D :D

  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    Thankfully this Event will never become something permanent. F8rge shot down the idea a few days ago. I couldn't find the two comments, but one stated there would never be an authentic mode. His other comment states Heroes would never be locked to specific eras permanently.

    I believe you are looking for this.
    F8RGE wrote: »
    We have no plans for "Authentic Mode".

    Sometimes gameplay comes first and I suspect that any authentic mode would require a lot of heroes to be reworked, at the least.

    Sorry, but it's a no.

    I believe the data they gathered during the event will prove that false. The games are much more ballanced when only 2 heroes are available.

    If it's more balanced, it's because of the smaller number of heroes, not because of era-locking. Either way, fewer heroes leads to hero hoarding, which would only cause more problems for many people.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • This event was bad.
    For reasons including:

    - Timing for Dooku
    - Cheap hero prices
    - Showing of bad map design if certain hero is not available
    - Lack of heroes (Young Luke on Starkiller Base is not accurate, where is Poe?)
    - Lack of era accurate skins (No old Han and so on)

    This event should not return unless done properly or a mode with complete accuracy is made, with all correct guns, skins and heroes for its respective era.

    "Timing for Dooku" - Unrelated to the event
    "Cheap hero prices" - I agree, they should be more expensive
    "Showing of bad map design if certain hero is not available " - Can slightly agree, but only because that is more related to the maps than the event itself
    "Lack of heroes" - Unrelated to the event
    "Lack of era accurate skins" - I agree

    Lack of heroes is not unrelated to the First Order at least, when the Resistance had Rey, Finn, Han, Leia, Luke and Chewbacca and all they got was Kylo and Phasma. That is a serious miss match when so many of the light side are better than those two.

    Ah, I misread what you meant with that point, I do agree the ST needs more heroes, however, when you list that the LS heroes has 6 heroes and the DS only has 2, remember that only 2 heroes either side are allowed on at a time, so regardless of selection, it's still only 2v2. But yes, it would be great to have more to choice from than just 2, I blame this on the films rather than the game though.
  • This event was bad.
    For reasons including:

    - Timing for Dooku
    - Cheap hero prices
    - Showing of bad map design if certain hero is not available
    - Lack of heroes (Young Luke on Starkiller Base is not accurate, where is Poe?)
    - Lack of era accurate skins (No old Han and so on)

    This event should not return unless done properly or a mode with complete accuracy is made, with all correct guns, skins and heroes for its respective era.

    "Timing for Dooku" - Unrelated to the event
    "Cheap hero prices" - I agree, they should be more expensive
    "Showing of bad map design if certain hero is not available " - Can slightly agree, but only because that is more related to the maps than the event itself
    "Lack of heroes" - Unrelated to the event
    "Lack of era accurate skins" - I agree

    Lack of heroes is not unrelated to the First Order at least, when the Resistance had Rey, Finn, Han, Leia, Luke and Chewbacca and all they got was Kylo and Phasma. That is a serious miss match when so many of the light side are better than those two.

    Ah, I misread what you meant with that point, I do agree the ST needs more heroes, however, when you list that the LS heroes has 6 heroes and the DS only has 2, remember that only 2 heroes either side are allowed on at a time, so regardless of selection, it's still only 2v2. But yes, it would be great to have more to choice from than just 2, I blame this on the films rather than the game though.

    I blame the game for having such an Imbalance between the two factions. Kylo and Phasma have no real chance against a Finn buffed Infantry team with another hero.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    As the title, the game is a lot more enjoyable! More immersion, more balance thanks a right number of heroes avaliable (4 are too many in GA)! Make it permanent, this is how battlefront should be! @F8RGE @EA_Tom

    It was soooooo boring, honestly to me it was a flop.

    I mean like honestly? Why would I ever need to use a boring dull hero that I don't even like just because Queen Iden Versace didn't exist in whatever map I am playing. So unnecessary. If anything they should bring that other event back where all the heroes could be played and where they were cheap so that there could always be a hero on the map.
    Schwarzy wrote: »
    This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. You release a new hero and now you can’t even use him. Lol to the people that want less hero’s because they struggle to defeat them. The point of the game and the part that makes it fun are the HEROS. Go play blast if you can’t figure out how to defeat them. *hint* flash a hero with a flash gernade and shoot them. It’s really not that hard.

    Shall we turn it around? Shall we ”lol to the people” that need overpowered hero crutches in order to perform in GA? Go play HvV if you want the game to be about heroes.

    Or simply get a grip and realize that this game doesn’t revolve solely around you and your ”needs”.

    Why do we always have to assume that people only play heroes because they are no good at troopers? How do you think they got the bp in the first place? With the exception of the officer, who sometimes gets BP for literally doing nothing, I often see that the people who are REALLY good as the heroes are also really good with the troopers. Otherwise they would be the sort that wants heroes unleashed all the time. For some people, heroes are fun, and it has nothing to do with their performance as a trooper.

    Why do ”we” always have to hone in on everything, except for the actual point? Loads of people have paid for this game, and many of those people feel that the Battlefront series’ focal point is trooper combat, and that Dice overdid the heroes in BF2. Now we have an event for THREE days where the hero number is lowered, and then back to the ordinary, and you still can’t deal with that... yeah...
    Go play HvV if you want the game to be about heroes.

    Go play blast or strike if you want the game to be about troopers. HvV is strictly heroes. Strike and blast is strictly troopers. GA is a mix.

    Finally a voice of reason, however your voice will echo through a hollow space with a fractured surface at the other side and it will ricochet back to you when it reaches the other side.


    Soooooo much drama over an event that only lasted for like three days (or whatever). I mean like let's just be honest here, we won't see it again for like some months from now ( if it ever returns, honestly I found it to be that boring) so there's not much of an issue here.

    Anyway, I hope that there is a new mode that satisfies the needs of these people that want hero restrictions since the current ones clearly don't do that. Maybe in the future this will become a thing for you all.
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    As the title, the game is a lot more enjoyable! More immersion, more balance thanks a right number of heroes avaliable (4 are too many in GA)! Make it permanent, this is how battlefront should be! @F8RGE @EA_Tom

    It was soooooo boring, honestly to me it was a flop.

    I mean like honestly? Why would I ever need to use a boring dull hero that I don't even like just because Queen Iden Versace didn't exist in whatever map I am playing. So unnecessary. If anything they should bring that other event back where all the heroes could be played and where they were cheap so that there could always be a hero on the map.
    Schwarzy wrote: »
    This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. You release a new hero and now you can’t even use him. Lol to the people that want less hero’s because they struggle to defeat them. The point of the game and the part that makes it fun are the HEROS. Go play blast if you can’t figure out how to defeat them. *hint* flash a hero with a flash gernade and shoot them. It’s really not that hard.

    Shall we turn it around? Shall we ”lol to the people” that need overpowered hero crutches in order to perform in GA? Go play HvV if you want the game to be about heroes.

    Or simply get a grip and realize that this game doesn’t revolve solely around you and your ”needs”.

    Why do we always have to assume that people only play heroes because they are no good at troopers? How do you think they got the bp in the first place? With the exception of the officer, who sometimes gets BP for literally doing nothing, I often see that the people who are REALLY good as the heroes are also really good with the troopers. Otherwise they would be the sort that wants heroes unleashed all the time. For some people, heroes are fun, and it has nothing to do with their performance as a trooper.

    Why do ”we” always have to hone in on everything, except for the actual point? Loads of people have paid for this game, and many of those people feel that the Battlefront series’ focal point is trooper combat, and that Dice overdid the heroes in BF2. Now we have an event for THREE days where the hero number is lowered, and then back to the ordinary, and you still can’t deal with that... yeah...
    Go play HvV if you want the game to be about heroes.

    Go play blast or strike if you want the game to be about troopers. HvV is strictly heroes. Strike and blast is strictly troopers. GA is a mix.

    Finally a voice of reason, however your voice will echo through a hollow space with a fractured surface at the other side and it will ricochet back to you when it reaches the other side.


    Soooooo much drama over an event that only lasted for like three days (or whatever). I mean like let's just be honest here, we won't see it again for like some months from now ( if it ever returns, honestly I found it to be that boring) so there's not much of an issue here.

    Anyway, I hope that there is a new mode that satisfies the needs of these people that want hero restrictions since the current ones clearly don't do that. Maybe in the future this will become a thing for you all.

    Ahah very hilarious. So all the others battlefront games were boring? And this game is boring if on Geonosis you can't play as Vader Kylo or Boba Fett for example? You have anyway Maul, Grievous, Palpatine and Bossk, the game will be essentially the same but immersive. Are you able at least to understand how absurd is what you are saying? The fact is that this argument is become literally a ideologically argument.
  • Yet again it highlights basics that were pointed out after beta namely spawn screen campers...yet here we still are
  • Retsim_Rellim
    112 posts Member
    edited January 28
    This event was bad.
    For reasons including:

    - Timing for Dooku
    - Cheap hero prices
    - Showing of bad map design if certain hero is not available
    - Lack of heroes (Young Luke on Starkiller Base is not accurate, where is Poe?)
    - Lack of era accurate skins (No old Han and so on)

    This event should not return unless done properly or a mode with complete accuracy is made, with all correct guns, skins and heroes for its respective era.

    "Timing for Dooku" - Unrelated to the event
    "Cheap hero prices" - I agree, they should be more expensive
    "Showing of bad map design if certain hero is not available " - Can slightly agree, but only because that is more related to the maps than the event itself
    "Lack of heroes" - Unrelated to the event
    "Lack of era accurate skins" - I agree

    Lack of heroes is not unrelated to the First Order at least, when the Resistance had Rey, Finn, Han, Leia, Luke and Chewbacca and all they got was Kylo and Phasma. That is a serious miss match when so many of the light side are better than those two.

    Ah, I misread what you meant with that point, I do agree the ST needs more heroes, however, when you list that the LS heroes has 6 heroes and the DS only has 2, remember that only 2 heroes either side are allowed on at a time, so regardless of selection, it's still only 2v2. But yes, it would be great to have more to choice from than just 2, I blame this on the films rather than the game though.

    Indeed the two verses two is right for the game mode/ GA overall, it's just the match-ups for ST that are bad for the FO.

    Kylo and Phasma's best match up is Rey and Finn, as players can learn to fight against them, but allowing OT LS heroes bar Lando means a comp like Luke and Rey against K&P is God tier unfair. If FO had more counter option heroes it would be better.
  • Maybe they could make GA hero specific and the new gamemode have more and non restricted heroes/villains
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    As the title, the game is a lot more enjoyable! More immersion, more balance thanks a right number of heroes avaliable (4 are too many in GA)! Make it permanent, this is how battlefront should be! @F8RGE @EA_Tom

    It was soooooo boring, honestly to me it was a flop.

    I mean like honestly? Why would I ever need to use a boring dull hero that I don't even like just because Queen Iden Versace didn't exist in whatever map I am playing. So unnecessary. If anything they should bring that other event back where all the heroes could be played and where they were cheap so that there could always be a hero on the map.
    Schwarzy wrote: »
    This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. You release a new hero and now you can’t even use him. Lol to the people that want less hero’s because they struggle to defeat them. The point of the game and the part that makes it fun are the HEROS. Go play blast if you can’t figure out how to defeat them. *hint* flash a hero with a flash gernade and shoot them. It’s really not that hard.

    Shall we turn it around? Shall we ”lol to the people” that need overpowered hero crutches in order to perform in GA? Go play HvV if you want the game to be about heroes.

    Or simply get a grip and realize that this game doesn’t revolve solely around you and your ”needs”.

    Why do we always have to assume that people only play heroes because they are no good at troopers? How do you think they got the bp in the first place? With the exception of the officer, who sometimes gets BP for literally doing nothing, I often see that the people who are REALLY good as the heroes are also really good with the troopers. Otherwise they would be the sort that wants heroes unleashed all the time. For some people, heroes are fun, and it has nothing to do with their performance as a trooper.

    Why do ”we” always have to hone in on everything, except for the actual point? Loads of people have paid for this game, and many of those people feel that the Battlefront series’ focal point is trooper combat, and that Dice overdid the heroes in BF2. Now we have an event for THREE days where the hero number is lowered, and then back to the ordinary, and you still can’t deal with that... yeah...
    Go play HvV if you want the game to be about heroes.

    Go play blast or strike if you want the game to be about troopers. HvV is strictly heroes. Strike and blast is strictly troopers. GA is a mix.

    Finally a voice of reason, however your voice will echo through a hollow space with a fractured surface at the other side and it will ricochet back to you when it reaches the other side.


    Soooooo much drama over an event that only lasted for like three days (or whatever). I mean like let's just be honest here, we won't see it again for like some months from now ( if it ever returns, honestly I found it to be that boring) so there's not much of an issue here.

    Anyway, I hope that there is a new mode that satisfies the needs of these people that want hero restrictions since the current ones clearly don't do that. Maybe in the future this will become a thing for you all.

    Ahah very hilarious. So all the others battlefront games were boring? And this game is boring if on Geonosis you can't play as Vader Kylo or Boba Fett for example? You have anyway Maul, Grievous, Palpatine and Bossk, the game will be essentially the same but immersive. Are you able at least to understand how absurd is what you are saying? The fact is that this argument is become literally a ideologically argument.

    No matter how absurd you think it is, it doesn't change how the opposite can be seen just as absurdly. Calling for hero restrictions to specific eras on certain maps. Please.

    If they added such a mode, I wouldn't mind, just not on the GA one, I like it with all the heroes in them thanks.

    Of course this whole argument is Ideological in nature, you people are talking about a video game. I mean hello? Not really a difficult thing to argue about.
    For example, if they decided to give Jedi Queen Rey a red lightsaber I would absolutely love it. It would become her new saber color for me.

    Anyway, I for one will continue to enjoy the cross hero play whenever I play GA and will continue to enjoy it for as long as it stays that way.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!