criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

The game is better thanks to Eras, and more balanced thanks to less heroes

124Next

Replies

• DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    As the title, the game is a lot more enjoyable! More immersion, more balance thanks a right number of heroes avaliable (4 are too many in GA)! Make it permanent, this is how battlefront should be! @F8RGE @EA_Tom

It was soooooo boring, honestly to me it was a flop.

I mean like honestly? Why would I ever need to use a boring dull hero that I don't even like just because Queen Iden Versace didn't exist in whatever map I am playing. So unnecessary. If anything they should bring that other event back where all the heroes could be played and where they were cheap so that there could always be a hero on the map.
    Schwarzy wrote: »
    This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. You release a new hero and now you can’t even use him. Lol to the people that want less hero’s because they struggle to defeat them. The point of the game and the part that makes it fun are the HEROS. Go play blast if you can’t figure out how to defeat them. *hint* flash a hero with a flash gernade and shoot them. It’s really not that hard.

Shall we turn it around? Shall we ”lol to the people” that need overpowered hero crutches in order to perform in GA? Go play HvV if you want the game to be about heroes.

Or simply get a grip and realize that this game doesn’t revolve solely around you and your ”needs”.

Why do we always have to assume that people only play heroes because they are no good at troopers? How do you think they got the bp in the first place? With the exception of the officer, who sometimes gets BP for literally doing nothing, I often see that the people who are REALLY good as the heroes are also really good with the troopers. Otherwise they would be the sort that wants heroes unleashed all the time. For some people, heroes are fun, and it has nothing to do with their performance as a trooper.

Why do ”we” always have to hone in on everything, except for the actual point? Loads of people have paid for this game, and many of those people feel that the Battlefront series’ focal point is trooper combat, and that Dice overdid the heroes in BF2. Now we have an event for THREE days where the hero number is lowered, and then back to the ordinary, and you still can’t deal with that... yeah...
    Go play HvV if you want the game to be about heroes.

Go play blast or strike if you want the game to be about troopers. HvV is strictly heroes. Strike and blast is strictly troopers. GA is a mix.

Finally a voice of reason, however your voice will echo through a hollow space with a fractured surface at the other side and it will ricochet back to you when it reaches the other side.

Soooooo much drama over an event that only lasted for like three days (or whatever). I mean like let's just be honest here, we won't see it again for like some months from now ( if it ever returns, honestly I found it to be that boring) so there's not much of an issue here.

Anyway, I hope that there is a new mode that satisfies the needs of these people that want hero restrictions since the current ones clearly don't do that. Maybe in the future this will become a thing for you all.

Ahah very hilarious. So all the others battlefront games were boring? And this game is boring if on Geonosis you can't play as Vader Kylo or Boba Fett for example? You have anyway Maul, Grievous, Palpatine and Bossk, the game will be essentially the same but immersive. Are you able at least to understand how absurd is what you are saying? The fact is that this argument is become literally a ideologically argument.

No matter how absurd you think it is, it doesn't change how the opposite can be seen just as absurdly. Calling for hero restrictions to specific eras on certain maps. Please.

If they added such a mode, I wouldn't mind, just not on the GA one, I like it with all the heroes in them thanks.

Of course this whole argument is Ideological in nature, you people are talking about a video game. I mean hello? Not really a difficult thing to argue about.
    For example, if they decided to give Jedi Queen Rey a red lightsaber I would absolutely love it. It would become her new saber color for me.

Anyway, I for one will continue to enjoy the cross hero play whenever I play GA and will continue to enjoy it for as long as it stays that way.

Poor us. this is the point we have reached. I bet you're the one who would like an Indian jones skin for Han Solo not? After this statement I do not even need to answer. Players with a minimum of common sense will understand.

Alex64 wrote: »
    Almost all the players that defend cross era are new players and a lot of them are barely star wars fans.

This is so VERY untrue. So untrue it's insulting. I've been playing Star Wars Battlefront since the very first PS2 game. Every one of them. Read dozens of legends books before Disney killed them off. Never missed a great Star Wars game. I was frequently insulted by classmates for wearing Star Wars shirts to school back in the day. You have no right to keep calling cross era players non-fans. Take your True Scotsman nonsense somewhere else.

I don't say ALL THE PLAYERS that defend cross era, i say A LOT OF THEM. And is not an insult, seem that you are very susceptible. It is a statement that in my experience is true, a lot of players that defend cross eras are this. You are not one of them? ok. But tell why a veteran like you that is equal to me in love to star wars support this cross eras madness or at least don't want a single mode that support immersion like in the olds battlefront games.

I don't care because it's just a video game. An online video game at that. I'm a life long gamer, but I never took video game stories seriously. I see video games as goofing off, but I expect books and films to be serious.

And this why we don't have good games.
    Less heroes= immersion and balance? lol You're becoming so creative, cross era won't leave this game, stop beating this rotten dead horse please.

Less heroes avaliable in GA = a more balanced mode, yes.
    Stop trying to silence who don't think like you. You are not able to argue. It's here to stay? OK then I'll remember them how bad it is not have a immersive mode until this game will exist.

Am i trying to silence you? Who cares ? Devs stated that things won't change, no matter how you change the title of your threads, things won't change.

This is one of the most silly resp I ever see. So if things don't change there is no need to have a forum, there is no need of our feedback. Bah..

Your feedback? Less heroes are better and more balanced? That's your excuse to lock eras? Just lol. So It's better for you to lock eras instead to ask for a proper balanced gameplay ?
    Don't make me laugh please.

There is NOTHING unbalanced in era locked. It is just an excuse to maintain this absurd cross era in the main mode of the game. If there is something unbalanced just balance the point. For example, if for you Kylo Ren and Phasma are underpowered against Finn and Rey, just buff Kylo and Phasma. Its simple, this your excuses are pathetic, don't make me laugh.
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    As the title, the game is a lot more enjoyable! More immersion, more balance thanks a right number of heroes avaliable (4 are too many in GA)! Make it permanent, this is how battlefront should be! @F8RGE @EA_Tom

It was soooooo boring, honestly to me it was a flop.

I mean like honestly? Why would I ever need to use a boring dull hero that I don't even like just because Queen Iden Versace didn't exist in whatever map I am playing. So unnecessary. If anything they should bring that other event back where all the heroes could be played and where they were cheap so that there could always be a hero on the map.
    Schwarzy wrote: »
    This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. You release a new hero and now you can’t even use him. Lol to the people that want less hero’s because they struggle to defeat them. The point of the game and the part that makes it fun are the HEROS. Go play blast if you can’t figure out how to defeat them. *hint* flash a hero with a flash gernade and shoot them. It’s really not that hard.

Shall we turn it around? Shall we ”lol to the people” that need overpowered hero crutches in order to perform in GA? Go play HvV if you want the game to be about heroes.

Or simply get a grip and realize that this game doesn’t revolve solely around you and your ”needs”.

Why do we always have to assume that people only play heroes because they are no good at troopers? How do you think they got the bp in the first place? With the exception of the officer, who sometimes gets BP for literally doing nothing, I often see that the people who are REALLY good as the heroes are also really good with the troopers. Otherwise they would be the sort that wants heroes unleashed all the time. For some people, heroes are fun, and it has nothing to do with their performance as a trooper.

Why do ”we” always have to hone in on everything, except for the actual point? Loads of people have paid for this game, and many of those people feel that the Battlefront series’ focal point is trooper combat, and that Dice overdid the heroes in BF2. Now we have an event for THREE days where the hero number is lowered, and then back to the ordinary, and you still can’t deal with that... yeah...
    Go play HvV if you want the game to be about heroes.

Go play blast or strike if you want the game to be about troopers. HvV is strictly heroes. Strike and blast is strictly troopers. GA is a mix.

Finally a voice of reason, however your voice will echo through a hollow space with a fractured surface at the other side and it will ricochet back to you when it reaches the other side.

Soooooo much drama over an event that only lasted for like three days (or whatever). I mean like let's just be honest here, we won't see it again for like some months from now ( if it ever returns, honestly I found it to be that boring) so there's not much of an issue here.

Anyway, I hope that there is a new mode that satisfies the needs of these people that want hero restrictions since the current ones clearly don't do that. Maybe in the future this will become a thing for you all.

Ahah very hilarious. So all the others battlefront games were boring? And this game is boring if on Geonosis you can't play as Vader Kylo or Boba Fett for example? You have anyway Maul, Grievous, Palpatine and Bossk, the game will be essentially the same but immersive. Are you able at least to understand how absurd is what you are saying? The fact is that this argument is become literally a ideologically argument.

No matter how absurd you think it is, it doesn't change how the opposite can be seen just as absurdly. Calling for hero restrictions to specific eras on certain maps. Please.

If they added such a mode, I wouldn't mind, just not on the GA one, I like it with all the heroes in them thanks.

Of course this whole argument is Ideological in nature, you people are talking about a video game. I mean hello? Not really a difficult thing to argue about.
    For example, if they decided to give Jedi Queen Rey a red lightsaber I would absolutely love it. It would become her new saber color for me.

Anyway, I for one will continue to enjoy the cross hero play whenever I play GA and will continue to enjoy it for as long as it stays that way.

''For example, if they decided to give Jedi Queen Rey a red lightsaber I would absolutely love it. It would become her new saber color for me.''

Lol. Poor us, this the point we reached. I bet you are the one that like to see an Indiana Jones skin for Han Solo! I don't even need to answer to this statement, players with a minimum of common sense will understand.
    Almost all the players that defend cross era are new players and a lot of them are barely star wars fans.

This is so VERY untrue. So untrue it's insulting. I've been playing Star Wars Battlefront since the very first PS2 game. Every one of them. Read dozens of legends books before Disney killed them off. Never missed a great Star Wars game. I was frequently insulted by classmates for wearing Star Wars shirts to school back in the day. You have no right to keep calling cross era players non-fans. Take your True Scotsman nonsense somewhere else.

I don't say ALL THE PLAYERS that defend cross era, i say A LOT OF THEM. And is not an insult, seem that you are very susceptible. It is a statement that in my experience is true, a lot of players that defend cross eras are this. You are not one of them? ok. But tell why a veteran like you that is equal to me in love to star wars support this cross eras madness or at least don't want a single mode that support immersion like in the olds battlefront games.

I don't care because it's just a video game. An online video game at that. I'm a life long gamer, but I never took video game stories seriously. I see video games as goofing off, but I expect books and films to be serious.

Less heroes= immersion and balance? lol You're becoming so creative, cross era won't leave this game, stop beating this rotten dead horse please.

Stop trying to silence who don't think like you. You are not able to argue. It's here to stay? OK then I'll remember them how bad it is not have a immersive mode until this game will exist.

Am i trying to silence you? Who cares ? Devs stated that things won't change, no matter how you change the title of your threads, things won't change.

This is one of the most silly resp I ever see. So if things don't change there is no need to have a forum, there is no need of our feedback. Bah..

Your feedback? Less heroes are better and more balanced? That's your excuse to lock eras? Just lol. So It's better for you to lock eras instead to ask for a proper balanced gameplay ?

Your excuses are so pathetic. There is NOTHING unbalanced in era locked, and if there is something unbalanced they can just balance it. If for example Kylo Ren and Phasma are weak against Rey and Finn just buff Kylo and Phasma. Don't make me laugh. Before this game cross era wasn't even in the mind of the players so please stop to act like if it is the most natural thing for this game.
  • DarthCapa2
    2883 posts Member
    edited January 29
    Re posting problems
    Post edited by DarthCapa2 on
  • Disagree makes it way harder to get past choke points with maxed 2 heroes especially on St maps. Rey and Finn way too good for terrible Phasma and Kylo.

Makes even more people wait in que for a Hero which is just stupid.

• Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited January 29

The point is clear...Era locking by changing a sever side data file was the most realistic way to get some balancing ....Believing that DICE will ( even able ) to balance multiple Heroes across two modes HvV and GA is quite possibly laughable IMO. If the specific Hero is in use by someone not playing to effect the balance ( ie at a choke point ) then it surely not balance but a situational thing
  • It definitely highlighted the balancing issues from having era locks if nothing else
  • simple solution: give heroes 200 healthpoints and healthregeneration like normal soldiers. this makes them killable, but the extra gadgets are still useable. it wouldnt be a problem to have 4 heros in the game, because a soldier can still kill them. and of course no heromarker at the radar than.
  • Eddie7417 wrote: »
    Disagree makes it way harder to get past choke points with maxed 2 heroes especially on St maps. Rey and Finn way too good for terrible Phasma and Kylo.

Makes even more people wait in que for a Hero which is just stupid.

It is true the exact contrary for the choke points. More heroes, more problems in choke points. Have 4 and 4 heroes in a choke point it is a chaotic and confusionary element and ruin all the infantry experience. 2 heroes is a lot more balanced from many point of view. Kylo and Phasma can be buffed, not a big problem, in truth they need buff in any case.