criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

It's not how many eliminations. It's who you eliminate, when and where

Prev1
OK, I am in no way suggesting I am great at the game. I love it and it's fun but I am average at best.

However, iv seen this a lot recently and a couple of examples happened today which really highlighted it.

Here the guy playing OW and a couple of others absolutely murdered us phase 1 of endor. They were really good.... Got their heros... Then spent the whole second phase concentrating on a killstreak. Consequently we very very nearly took out the ATAT which should never happen phase 2 on endor if you start with full health.

If the good players had paid a tiny bit of attention to the objective and the guys firing ion cannons we would never have come that close.

Consequently we walked the 3rd phase and won.

Then I played with some good players on jakku and a couple of us got heros... But.. Neither of us went for killstreaks. We looked after the objective and eliminated main threats.

That is how you win GA. Play the objective.

Just wondered what you guys thought or if you have similar experiences or totally disagree?

Replies

• Mouthrax
    516 posts Member
    edited January 29
    Unfortunately there are certain players that are only here for themselves and not the team.

The amount of times that the Dark Side looses yet Palpatine and Bossk come first and second is shameful.

Had those players not been hogging the hero slot and let others have a go to push the objective, break the choke point etc then these matches would turn out very different ...but that would mean not coming top with a cheeseball kill streak :/
  • Totally. There surely must be a way to better reward the team players.
  • The problem is there's really no incentive to win in this game. The winning team gets an extra 100 credits or so? There are people sitting on millions of credits, so what's an extra 100 credits? Instead, they inflate their scores with huge killstreaks.

Personally, I enjoy winning. Making a difference with heavy objective play, but to each their own. I don't have any ideas on how to encourage others to do the same. No point in increasing the credit payout as there's a limit on things to pay credits for. Eventually you run out of things to buy.
  • Always been that way in comp op. It’s who ya kill and where ya kill’em. Irrelevant kills mean nothing if the win is what your after, they just respawn anyway and many times closer to the obj than they were before you killed them.
  • Moojammin_10
    2125 posts Member
    edited January 29
    ValinAkuji wrote: »
    The problem is there's really no incentive to win in this game. The winning team gets an extra 100 credits or so? There are people sitting on millions of credits, so what's an extra 100 credits? Instead, they inflate their scores with huge killstreaks.

Personally, I enjoy winning. Making a difference with heavy objective play, but to each their own. I don't have any ideas on how to encourage others to do the same. No point in increasing the credit payout as there's a limit on things to pay credits for. Eventually you run out of things to buy.

Totally agree. I prefer winning. I play to win. Credits are a bit meaningless at this point. I think I find it a little frustrating when guys come top of leader boards suggesting their brilliance when their contribution was actually borderline irrelevant
  • This is a good reason why K/D statistics are better left hidden. Especially if what @F8RGE said about them being mostly negative for players was true. Start showing players that they die more than kill and you'll have barely anybody playing an objective!

On the other hand, Win / Lose statistics for matches might be a solution. If players started seeing that they lose matches more than win them, it might persuade more objective playing?

Or, it might encourage a mass exodus of the losing team right before the countdown ends 😂
  • Alwe15 wrote: »

On the other hand, Win / Lose statistics for matches might be a solution. If players started seeing that they lose matches more than win them, it might persuade more objective playing?

Or, it might encourage a mass exodus of the losing team right before the countdown ends 😂

That's a good idea. I like that. Maybe introduce something where you score no points or credits from a match if you quit out of it?
  • TjPunx
    1578 posts Member
    I rather do killstreaks. That’s just my opinion. Turn GA into a team death match
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    I rather do killstreaks. That’s just my opinion. Turn GA into a team death match

I don't think your alone.. Why not just have a separate team deathmatch mode? I think it would benefit both player bases.

I don't think your alone.. Why not just have a separate team deathmatch mode? I think it would benefit both player bases.

I'm pretty sure we have TDM - isn't it Blast?
  • I think it might work if after winning ten events a player gets awarded with 40 crafting parts, that would help them focus on levelling up heroes or SF etc.
  • Liz4rD
    1008 posts Member
    Battlefront never was about killstreaks. If you like killstreaks maybe your place is on Call of Duty.

The problem is that GA is sometimes a bad experience precisely because players playing after killstreaks and not PTFO.

Players want killstreaks to get heroes to get bigger killstreaks, and RARELY any of them PTFO.
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    Battlefront never was about killstreaks. If you like killstreaks maybe your place is on Call of Duty.

The problem is that GA is sometimes a bad experience precisely because players playing after killstreaks and not PTFO.

Players want killstreaks to get heroes to get bigger killstreaks, and RARELY any of them PTFO.

So keeping most the enemy in respawn screen away from the objective is not assisting your team to win? That’s more down to your team than the hero farmer. Any hero going well over 100 is likely contributing more that those who are mid laddering. Also you can’t even get well over 100 playing potatoes back camping even with Leias altfire

So keeping most the enemy in respawn screen away from the objective is not assisting your team to win? That’s more down to your team than the hero farmer. Any hero going well over 100 is likely contributing more that those who are mid laddering. Also you can’t even get well over 100 playing potatoes back camping even with Leias altfire

Oh dear... No.. Absolutely not. The majority of those players spawning at spawn screen are poorer players.. Hence keep dying... Who rarely threaten the objective. The skill we are talking about here is recognising which players are the major threat and taking them out and/or stopping them.

IMO anyone that thinks farming kills at Spawn screen is helping their team win the objective has no concept of how to play at all.

Possible exception of matches where sole goal is eliminate 100 tickets.. Maybe.. Sometimes... Depending on team and situation

Oh dear... No.. Absolutely not. The majority of those players spawning at spawn screen are poorer players.. Hence keep dying... Who rarely threaten the objective. The skill we are talking about here is recognising which players are the major threat and taking them out and/or stopping them.

IMO anyone that thinks farming kills at Spawn screen is helping their team win the objective has no concept of how to play at all.

Possible exception of matches where sole goal is eliminate 100 tickets.. Maybe.. Sometimes... Depending on team and situation

Most kills in games I play where large streaks happen at least when I do it are all on the objective, as that’s where more people will be rather than extend into spawn, with the exception of a couple of 1st phase trap maps. Guess that’s why I would have over 90% win in GA. I’ve never seen anyone i a game I play go 100+ not significantly contributing to the win

So keeping most the enemy in respawn screen away from the objective is not assisting your team to win? That’s more down to your team than the hero farmer. Any hero going well over 100 is likely contributing more that those who are mid laddering.

From my experience.. Nope, not helping more AT ALL. They can just hop right back in the action on a squad mate in what, 5-7 seconds? All abilities fully refreshed and ready to go.

They don’t keep ‘most’ at the respawn screen, just a couple here and there, then hide out to ensure they keep full health before picking off a few again from the edges of the map or from far distances. Sniper Han: useless, Vader and Rey jumping in and out, plucking a few here and there: useless
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13

Most kills in games I play where large streaks happen at least when I do it are all on the objective, as that’s where more people will be rather than extend into spawn, with the exception of a couple of 1st phase trap maps.

Well it looks like you are definitely not ‘that guy’ then. 👌🏻
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Liz4rD wrote: »

So keeping most the enemy in respawn screen away from the objective is not assisting your team to win? That’s more down to your team than the hero farmer. Any hero going well over 100 is likely contributing more that those who are mid laddering.

From my experience.. Nope, not helping more AT ALL. They can just hop right back in the action on a squad mate in what, 5-7 seconds? All abilities fully refreshed and ready to go.

They don’t keep ‘most’ at the respawn screen, just a couple here and there, then hide out to ensure they keep full health before picking off a few again from the edges of the map or from far distances. Sniper Han: useless, Vader and Rey jumping in and out, plucking a few here and there: useless

If these are the types of hero players you experience I feel sorry for you. Not in my games and certainly not when I farm the opposition for the win. When I get more elims than the enemy combined I would say they are mostly at respawn not ingame

If these are the types of hero players you experience I feel sorry for you. Not in my games and certainly not when I farm the opposition for the win. When I get more elims than the enemy combined I would say they are mostly at respawn not ingame

It doesn’t happen ALL the time, it was more in reference to just the ones that are out for big streaks and don’t play the objective. I do find them useless and they do not seem to have much bearing on the outcome.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Exactly this is all.people focus on get Hero stay alive then its good.

Nobody care about win or lose, also because dice/ea dont reward
    My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
    Piscettios wrote: »

It doesn’t happen ALL the time, it was more in reference to just the ones that are out for big streaks and don’t play the objective. I do find them useless and they do not seem to have much bearing on the outcome.

And these players go 100+? That’s ridiculous. I’m almost inclined to blame the opposition for allowing it. No way that would be tolerated in any round I’ve played in
  • Exactly this is all.people focus on get Hero stay alive then its good.

If I’m going against other people, that’s all the incentive I need to play to win. I guess some people just don’t have that competitive edge? I’m no elite player, but will do whatever it is I can to win.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Liz4rD
    1008 posts Member
    Ive seen matches when the number 1 scorer from the loser team got 90+ kills ;).

Remember that the defending team got INFINITE TICKETS.

And these players go 100+? That’s ridiculous. I’m almost inclined to blame the opposition for allowing it. No way that would be tolerated in any round I’ve played in

Wow what a shame we aren't all as good as you or play with people as good as you. You're amazing. You should charge for your service in game.. There's plenty of us who would pay im sure
    Exactly this is all.people focus on get Hero stay alive then its good.

If I’m going against other people, that’s all the incentive I need to play to win. I guess some people just don’t have that competitive edge? I’m no elite player, but will do whatever it is I can to win.

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.7d2ab7f424d8bb1024ec8ba3546f9e32&pid=Api&rurl=https://media.giphy.com/media/fqLQIr3Vav7pe/giphy.gif&ehk=VTTTBCpO55OLz8HxhvsLgA

Wow what a shame we aren't all as good as you or play with people as good as you. You're amazing. You should charge for your service in game.. There's plenty of us who would pay im sure

Saying I would not tolerate someone attempting to farm my team from a off point position is common sense, you dont need to be good, just have some situational awareness and a desire to win. I must play with and against superior players then since I have never once seen this occur when someone farming from the back, off objective, streaks over 100 and loses. Either this is an exaggeration, on console, or I need to find some of these bot servers to start cranking 200+ with opposition that oblivious.
  • Any hero going well over 100 is likely contributing more that those who are mid laddering.
    If Yoda and Rey are chilling in a turbotank with a WW or 2, it doesn't matter how many eliminations at the spawn area or around the tanks that a villain is getting. Kashyyyk Phase 2, for whatever reason, is the place that I run into villains not playing the objective well and not dying.
  • Totally. There surely must be a way to better reward the team players.

There is, a VICTORY screen.

True. It works for me
  • I'm curious in what type of play you would put this run?

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo

That is a specious argument. Responses above have explained why.

I don’t begrudge anyone getting a hero early or whatever in GA. But using that hero for anything others than PTO - I think it’s just not blimmin’ cricket, chaps!

Imagine:

Luke: okay Chewie, I’m just going to put these binders on you so we can rescue the princess...
    Chewbacca: Rwaaar (translation; I’d rather not, I’d rather go on a Wookiee rampage killing loads of Stormtroopers instead.)

:smiley:

pH
  • its at its worst on maps with ion disruptors... feels like im the only one playing the god damn objective
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member
    Kill farming is an issue in every game ruining objective play for PTO players.

Just give them a large scale blast with all the toys so we can have good objective mode experiences.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Liz4rD
    1008 posts Member
    edited January 29
    I'm curious in what type of play you would put this run?

I will put it in the 'fighting against the noobest team in the world' category

3yzqu6x5acuu.jpg

Meaning they got 99% chance of losing even if you and your mates were playing Battlefield V instead of SWBattlefront II at that very moment XD.
    I'm curious in what type of play you would put this run?

3yzqu6x5acuu.jpg

Meaning they got 99% chance of losing even if you and your mates were playing Battlefield V instead of SWBattlefront II at that very moment XD.

Genuinely funny hahaha
  • TjPunx
    1578 posts Member
    PTO gets boring. Killstreaks are moar fun

Where’s this 100+ coming from? I said ‘ones that were out for big streaks’. The mentality, the type of play and how they aren’t helpful... no numbers.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13

Where’s this 100+ coming from? I said ‘ones that were out for big streaks’. The mentality, the type of play and how they aren’t helpful... no numbers.

Anything sub 100 isnt big, thus my presumption
    PTO gets boring. Killstreaks are moar fun

I think you would find other modes a lot more fun. Just trying to help
  • The best promo they did was eliminating the spawn countdown and lowering the prices on heroes. The game was never more fun. I'm a middling player - usually above the average per game (I focus big time on the objective) and sometimes creep onto the victory screen - but I haven't smelled a hero since the update. When they ran that promo, there was no 100+ players because anyone could take down anyone. After a few spawns, everyone had a chance to get a hero. This era-specific game has been particularly bad, because whoever gets the limited heroes at the beginning tends to keep them the whole time and declare everyone. Open it up!
  • Mouthrax wrote: »
    Unfortunately there are certain players that are only here for themselves and not the team.

The amount of times that the Dark Side looses yet Palpatine and Bossk come first and second is shameful.

Had those players not been hogging the hero slot and let others have a go to push the objective, break the choke point etc then these matches would turn out very different ...but that would mean not coming top with a cheeseball kill streak :/

Yeah and what's funny is I got the highest killstreak I ever had by playing Bossk and defending the objective
  • ValinAkuji wrote: »
    The problem is there's really no incentive to win in this game. The winning team gets an extra 100 credits or so? There are people sitting on millions of credits, so what's an extra 100 credits? Instead, they inflate their scores with huge killstreaks.

Winning is everything to me as well, id rather only take out two or three opponents while guarding an objective than get 10+ but let the objective go,

• Yeah and what's funny is I got the highest killstreak I ever had by playing Bossk and defending the objective
    If you go on high killstreaks PTO, your team wins. If you go on high killstreaks and your team loses, you probably didn't PTO well enough. PTO does not necessarily mean being at the objective. Spawn killing can be PTO. Spawn killing when other teams' heroes and best players are at the objective is probably not PTO.

PTO is responsive.

• FlaminRedRocket
    57 posts Member
    edited January 30
    32pa839nqdoo.jpg
    Someones killstreak doesnt mean a win automatically like you said.

I lost on Naboo and was Bossk with 171 eliminations.

Kills are good but it isn't the main objective obviously.

My kills are always objective based first priority.
  • Your right man, ppl as they get better they will smarter up

Being a player who generally only goes after the red juicey target I know how I can end a match in 3-4 min.

And it’s fastest way to earn credits
  • CloudWalker
    389 posts Member
    edited January 30
    I don't know what to say:

Firstly... Great example of good play with Luke.

Thanks
    However, what on earth were you playing against? They barely fight back and the fact there was barely an attempt, let alone a shot with an ion cannon the entire 2nd phase suggests you must have been up against a team of total noobs.

In summary... Good Luke play but very very little resistance. Not strictly relevant with the types of games we are talking about I don't think.

IMO

Yeah the lobby balance was not amazing, I guess I'm just trying to show you can go for streaks/big elims and still play the objective (yeah I ignored objectiv once and the decision was bad because the jump trooper just ran instead of trying to trade like people usualy do). Like it's not because you get a streak that you just kill useless people.
    I'd take you in my team anyday over a streak only player though, eventhough you are not mecanicaly good (at least in the clips you posted) your mind is in the right place. I don't mind people sucking we all did at one point, we may not all have the time needed not to or the will to but I can't forgive not trying.

Oof I loled. With out my friends and I the lobby would have probably been balanced since the winning team get kind of a snowball effect on their score thanks to their carries. But yeah it was a low mmr lobby that I joined no denying in that.
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • Chico
    395 posts Member
    On Xbox my experience is that 60 - 70 elims will normally top the leaderboard. Sometimes more, often less. But often the losing team will have top 2, both with 50+ elims. Frequently happens that I haven't even seen either of these close to an objective. Classic case yesterday my team won first phase on Yavin. Palps and Bossk on the attacking team and 1 and 2 on the leaderboard. They failed to take the courtyard and I was in it for most of the game. I saw both of them exactly once each - right when they realised their team was going to run out of tickets and their streaks were going to end. Sadly for them too little too late.
  • When you see a few heroes topping the end of match podium, but their team lost...

i67h9fqbx3cy.jpeg

Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • TjPunx
    1578 posts Member
    Heroes are made to support troops. Not taking an objective. Not only that PTO is pretty boring