criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Battle Point Event: Eras

12346Next

Replies

  • The only era that feels unique is the pt. Obi and Yoda should not be in OT. Han, luke and Leia should not be in ST.

    Also, the emporer should be OT only. Palpatine was PT, the character in this game is the emperor. Bossk should also be OT only.

    Just my opinion.
  • ZmanGames
    470 posts Member
    edited January 27
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    The only era that feels unique is the pt. Obi and Yoda should not be in OT. Han, luke and Leia should not be in ST.

    Also, the emporer should be OT only. Palpatine was PT, the character in this game is the emperor. Bossk should also be OT only.

    Just my opinion.

    Era-appropriate skins would fix all of that except Yoda. As for Yoda, it's debatable whether he should be an OT hero as well. Imo he should, especially since he was on an OT map in the original Battlefront II. And saying that Bossk should be only OT only is objectively wrong, he was literally in The Clone Wars...
    "One may be outnumbered, but that doesn't mean they're outmatched."
  • ZmanGames wrote: »
    Appl3corps wrote: »
    The only era that feels unique is the pt. Obi and Yoda should not be in OT. Han, luke and Leia should not be in ST.

    Also, the emporer should be OT only. Palpatine was PT, the character in this game is the emperor. Bossk should also be OT only.

    Just my opinion.

    Era-appropriate skins would fix all of that except Yoda. As for Yoda, it's debatable whether he should be an OT hero as well. Imo he should, especially since he was on an OT map in the original Battlefront II. And saying that Bossk should be only OT only is objectively wrong, he was literally in The Clone Wars...

    And in my opinion felt very shoehorned in. I understand where you are coming from but to me he is as OT as it gets. If the character's first action figure was made pre '85 then it's an OT character. I also didn't like Tarkin in that series. Felt forced to me.
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited January 27
    ZmanGames wrote: »
    yup this event is pretty much cancer especially with the current map rotation, 4 sequel trilogy maps in a row wears you down. only good map from this era is crait.

    Pretty much all subjective statements. The cancer has been removed. 😁😁

    No thanks we like having options instead of removing content for a boring “event” to please a small demographic of whiners who wanted this “event”

    Ironically your "options" lead to a lack of diversity. Seeing the same heroes and villains every match, making for bland gameplay that detracts from the experience. Era-specific play makes for more diverse and interesting gameplay, is more balanced(especially with 2 heroes on each side), and enhances the experience of each era by making it more unique. Sorry that you can't handle learning to use more than one hero. And we aren't a "small demographic of whiners", it is actually probable that we are the majority of players. Cross-era gameplay has its time and place, and that place is in HvV.

    You see the same Heroes all the time because crybabies who get destroyed match after match with negative KDs get them nerfed down to where only 3-4 are actually viable in GA as a whole. Nobody in their right mind would spend 6k Bps on chewbacca over Yoda or Finn. Phasma and Kylo are utter Jokes and in need of massive buffs, a couple wookie enforcers have more impact on the game than they ever would.. Effectively forcing people to play them for the sake of your so called "diversity" is just a con job, and not a very good one might I add.

    "interesting", "Unique", "Balanced", "diverse", all meaningless and empty platitudes that at the end of the day are falsities in of themselves. Cross-Era has it's time and place? in trash HvV of all places? Yeah, because Young Obi-wan running around on the deathstar, Clones fighting on Naboo, the empire using weapons not even invented yet, and countless other anomalies carefully ignored by this annoying crowd of infantry/era minded players, definitely doesn't hold the bar. Please, this event is a joke and just locks away content under the guise of trying something new. Next time just remove the Heroes all together, because we all know that's what the majority of these kids want at the end of the day. A reprieve from being spawn ganked by palpatine and going even further negative in K/D.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • ZmanGames wrote: »
    yup this event is pretty much cancer especially with the current map rotation, 4 sequel trilogy maps in a row wears you down. only good map from this era is crait.

    Pretty much all subjective statements. The cancer has been removed. 😁😁

    No thanks we like having options instead of removing content for a boring “event” to please a small demographic of whiners who wanted this “event”

    Ironically your "options" lead to a lack of diversity. Seeing the same heroes and villains every match, making for bland gameplay that detracts from the experience. Era-specific play makes for more diverse and interesting gameplay, is more balanced(especially with 2 heroes on each side), and enhances the experience of each era by making it more unique. Sorry that you can't handle learning to use more than one hero. And we aren't a "small demographic of whiners", it is actually probable that we are the majority of players. Cross-era gameplay has its time and place, and that place is in HvV.

    You see the same Heroes all the time because crybabies who get destroyed match after match with negative KDs get them nerfed down to where only 3-4 are actually viable in GA as a whole. Nobody in their right mind would spend 6k Bps on chewbacca over Yoda or Finn. Phasma and Kylo are utter Jokes and in need of massive buffs, a couple wookie enforcers have more impact on the game than they ever would.. Effectively forcing people to play them for the sake of your so called "diversity" is just a con job, and not a very good one might I add.

    "interesting", "Unique", "Balanced", "diverse", all meaningless and empty platitudes that at the end of the day are falsities in of themselves. Cross-Era has it's time and place? in trash HvV of all places? Yeah, because Young Obi-wan running around on the deathstar, Clones fighting on Naboo, the empire using weapons not even invented yet, and countless other anomalies carefully ignored by this annoying crowd of infantry/era minded players, definitely doesn't hold the bar. Please, this event is a joke and just locks away content under the guise of trying something new. Next time just remove the Heroes all together, because we all know that's what the majority of these kids want at the end of the day. A reprieve from being spawn ganked by palpatine and going even further negative in K/D.

    Git gud. 😂😊😊
  • Some notes from Kamino.
    1. I got General Grievous in phase 1 and it was awesome! Thrust Surge worked immediately and I got one kill with that and two or more with Unrelenting Advance.
    2. Bossk is a prequel character, apparently.
    3. I shredded a low health Chewbacca with the TL-50, but I was thinking how if I were a reinforcement I would probably be shredded, since that's my luck.
    4. I wonder if it's possible to get 600,000 battle points in a single match, or does the point system stop counting at 599,999, just in case it is possible?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Only noticed one thing about that event and that was exactly what i expected. It's boring, freedom and diversity on Galactic Assault got cut down massive. Only Phasma and Kylo on Jakku for example, that gets boring so fast.

    I really don't get it how some peoples like it when freedom get cut down. I start to believe that's the players who can't get the battle points for Heroes/Villains fast enough anyways and play as a normal trooper the whole round.

    If there would be a lot more Heroes and Villains in the game, then i could think about the era lock thing. But at the moment, never.
  • Afrom3istwr
    892 posts Member
    edited January 27
    Not really a fan of this game mode. The only redeeming quality is that you don't go up against Yoda/Finn combos.

    At the same time, this mode only reinforces how awfully imbalanced heroes and villians are for GA. Chewy has long been the worst character (his HOK shouldn't be tied to ground slam). It's a shame the HvV crowd has largely dictated who's "balanced," when plenty of these tweaks hurt how they impact the bigger game modes.

    I've gone to play HvV this weekend to rank up Dooku, but I've also stopped playing as much because I really do not like that game mode.

    I'm happy some of you got your event wish, but in the future, I'd really like to see these Event Modes separate from the base GA.

  • SrawDawg wrote: »
    avmav wrote: »
    I like this, four heroes at once is too many anyway

    Wrong, needs to be at least 6 per side simultaneously.

    Wrong. Two is the right number.

    No, two ensures that most players won't get a chance to play a hero in the entire game, because the top two players on each team will hog them.
    Only better than average players who are also selfish think that two heroes is better.

    Nah 2 heroes is great.

    The defence rests. This goat has his own Youtube channel showing off how great he is. Proves my point to be true.
  • thelasteverjedi
    1498 posts Member
    edited January 27
    Oidmetala wrote: »
    Only noticed one thing about that event and that was exactly what i expected. It's boring, freedom and diversity on Galactic Assault got cut down massive. Only Phasma and Kylo on Jakku for example, that gets boring so fast.

    I really don't get it how some peoples like it when freedom get cut down. I start to believe that's the players who can't get the battle points for Heroes/Villains fast enough anyways and play as a normal trooper the whole round.

    If there would be a lot more Heroes and Villains in the game, then i could think about the era lock thing. But at the moment, never.

    It's a decent split mix from the player base on enjoying it or not....therefore it's obvious we need 2 different modes so you can be happy and those who aren't strictly mesmerized with hero spamming can enjoy some Battlefront. Indeed there does need to be more attention to the FO faction heroes.

    Your comment of trooper players prefer less heroes because we can't get the battle points sounds petty and incorrect. But again, if your soo obsessed with the Heros...crossing them up...and look down on any players in this game who dont Hero spam as amateur fodder...then I hate to be "that guy" but you should really stick to HvV.

    Decent split eh. During heroes unleashed every server is filled with games. During this weekend I'm struggling to find games and have to server crawl just to start a half filled match. Hmm...
  • kirtanloorii
    934 posts Member
    edited January 27
    Oidmetala wrote: »
    Only noticed one thing about that event and that was exactly what i expected. It's boring, freedom and diversity on Galactic Assault got cut down massive. Only Phasma and Kylo on Jakku for example, that gets boring so fast.

    I really don't get it how some peoples like it when freedom get cut down. I start to believe that's the players who can't get the battle points for Heroes/Villains fast enough anyways and play as a normal trooper the whole round.

    If there would be a lot more Heroes and Villains in the game, then i could think about the era lock thing. But at the moment, never.

    It's a decent split mix from the player base on enjoying it or not....therefore it's obvious we need 2 different modes so you can be happy and those who aren't strictly mesmerized with hero spamming can enjoy some Battlefront. Indeed there does need to be more attention to the FO faction heroes.

    Your comment of trooper players prefer less heroes because we can't get the battle points sounds petty and incorrect. But again, if your soo obsessed with the Heros...crossing them up...and look down on any players in this game who dont Hero spam as amateur fodder...then I hate to be "that guy" but you should really stick to HvV.

    Decent split eh. During heroes unleashed every server is filled with games. During this weekend I'm struggling to find games and have to server crawl just to start a half filled match. Hmm...

    I won't even play arcade mode because I don't want to sign in to the EA servers during this event.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • I'm not enjoying "ummersion weekend" and I'm not coming back until its over. It's "Strike" with only the best, most elite players getting heroes sooner. For the three games I did play, extreme roll over was experienced. I hope this is a one time event.

    btw, I don't play HvV as that's been trolled to its death.
  • ZmanGames wrote: »
    ZmanGames wrote: »
    yup this event is pretty much cancer especially with the current map rotation, 4 sequel trilogy maps in a row wears you down. only good map from this era is crait.

    Pretty much all subjective statements. The cancer has been removed. 😁😁

    No thanks we like having options instead of removing content for a boring “event” to please a small demographic of whiners who wanted this “event”

    Ironically your "options" lead to a lack of diversity. Seeing the same heroes and villains every match, making for bland gameplay that detracts from the experience. Era-specific play makes for more diverse and interesting gameplay, is more balanced(especially with 2 heroes on each side), and enhances the experience of each era by making it more unique. Sorry that you can't handle learning to use more than one hero. And we aren't a "small demographic of whiners", it is actually probable that we are the majority of players. Cross-era gameplay has its time and place, and that place is in HvV.

    You see the same Heroes all the time because crybabies who get destroyed match after match with negative KDs get them nerfed down to where only 3-4 are actually viable in GA as a whole. Nobody in their right mind would spend 6k Bps on chewbacca over Yoda or Finn. Phasma and Kylo are utter Jokes and in need of massive buffs, a couple wookie enforcers have more impact on the game than they ever would.. Effectively forcing people to play them for the sake of your so called "diversity" is just a con job, and not a very good one might I add.

    "interesting", "Unique", "Balanced", "diverse", all meaningless and empty platitudes that at the end of the day are falsities in of themselves. Cross-Era has it's time and place? in trash HvV of all places? Yeah, because Young Obi-wan running around on the deathstar, Clones fighting on Naboo, the empire using weapons not even invented yet, and countless other anomalies carefully ignored by this annoying crowd of infantry/era minded players, definitely doesn't hold the bar. Please, this event is a joke and just locks away content under the guise of trying something new. Next time just remove the Heroes all together, because we all know that's what the majority of these kids want at the end of the day. A reprieve from being spawn ganked by palpatine and going even further negative in K/D.

    When it comes to Galactic Assault almost any hero can perform well in the hands of a skilled player, maybe not as well as others but even characters like Phasma can be used to go on large killstreaks. Go ahead, look up some killstreak videos of Kylo Ren and Phasma, to say that "a couple wookie enforcers have more impact on the game than they ever would." is a fallacy. Not to mention heroes are getting balanced all the time, even if a hero isn't great now at some point they will be re-worked, and virtually all of them can still be used effectively by a skilled-player in GA. All of my previous points still stand, as for you calling this a "con job", that honestly comes off as a false opinion of players who don't feel like learning more heroes and complaining about it. Era-specific play makes for a better gameplay experience.

    To say that ""interesting", "Unique", "Balanced", "diverse", all meaningless and empty platitudes that at the end of the day are falsities in of themselves." is simply put a distortion of the truth based on a misinformed opinion. Because from an objective standpoint Galactic Assault is much more balanced with 2 heroes and defined options. The focus is shifted back to the team of infantry rather than 3 heroes in the final phase when it comes to winning the match. They made 2 main modes, one focused on infantry gameplay and one focused on hero gameplay. If you prefer hero gameplay that much then go to the hero-focused mode. The point of Galactic Assault is primarily to experience Star Wars as a soldier, these changes shift the focus of this mode to where it should be. Diversity in terms of heroes is something that actually matters, because it has a direct impact of the gameplay of not just the hero players, but everyone playing any class on both teams. What's the point in having 19 heroes when only 6 end up being used? Most of the time Cross Era play in Galactic Assault just leads to the assets that DICE worked hard on not even being recognized. To argue that having more than a select few heroes you see every match on the battlefront and having gameplay that is more team-reliant and skill-based doesn't make for a more unique and interesting experience, is a perfect example of cognitive bias and willful ignorance. And yes, Cross-Era's time and place is in HvV, calling the mode "trash" doesn't change that fact. Heroes vs Villains is an all-out mode where you are supposed to be able to pair any hero up against any villain, a mode where authenticity isn't even a factor. Galactic Assault, on the other hand, tries to make the experience as authentic as possible, as proven by the scenery, the announcers, the story/situation presented, and other minute details. It tries to make you feel like you're in a Star Wars battle as much as possible.

    Now let's go into the statements you made about the things that are supposedly ignored by players who support era-specific play. Firstly I would like to make it clear that there is a difference between authenticity and following canon, what we want is authenticity, we never said we wanted strict-canon. However, many who argue against era-specific play essentially form a strawman argument against pro-era-specific players by focusing on what's canon opposed to what's authentic. I assume this is accidental which is why I am specifying the difference between the two. For something to be authentic it simply needs to make logical sense. Anakin and Grievous never fought on Geonosis, seeing that in Battlefront 2 definitely wouldn't be canon, but would absolutely be authentic. As both of these characters existed at the same time and it would logically be possible for them to come across each other in a battle. Essentially canon is following exactly what happened, and authenticity is following what logically could happen and what makes sense.
    This event is likely a test to see how implementing era-specific play affects the overall flow of the gameplay. Which is likely why they allow young Obi-Wan in the OT era, Kenobi is a multi-era hero and as such will have an appropriate Old Ben appearance on OT maps if era-specific play is permanently implemented. This skin doesn't exist yet, but that's not a good reason to not get data on how having certain characters on certain maps will affect gameplay. We are assuming that if era-specific play is implemented characters like Obi-Wan and Luke will have their aged appearance on certain maps. As for Naboo, there is nothing about a battle between Clones and Droids occurring on it that isn't authentic. If you actually read the description of the map or listen to the announcer when you spawn on it, it is described as a "second invasion" on the planet that is supposed to take place in The Clone Wars, this isn't the same battle that happened in TPM, it's merely on the same planet. As for weapons, many players have requested for era-specific weapons as well, or reskins for weapons based on the era similar to how every faction has the same default blaster but with a different skin. However, some players are fine with cross-era weapons but not heroes because when it comes to immersion they don't notice the stormtrooper using a First Order blaster. But it's essentially impossible to not notice an out-of-place hero. To say that these "anomalies"(many of which aren't even anomalies) are carefully ignored by pro-era-specific players is simply untrue. It's just that you don't understand what pro-era-specific players think but assume that you do, leading to many misconceptions.

    You say "Please, this event is a joke and just locks away content under the guise of trying something new." However, saying that this is locking away content isn't really true, especially when it results in more of the content actually being utilized by players. Most of the content is "locked away" as you put it anyway, but for some reason, you don't notice or don't care. You don't care that you can't play as the Deathtrooper as the Separatists, can't use an AAT on Crait, can't choose what blaster you want for your jet trooper based on your faction, that AT-TEs are limited to 1 map, etc. If what you truly cared about was "content being locked away", then wouldn't you note that the majority of the content is locked away in the first place?
    "Next time just remove the Heroes all together, because we all know that's what the majority of these kids want at the end of the day. A reprieve from being spawn ganked by palpatine and going even further negative in K/D."
    Great way to assume what your opposition is in favor of and why. This is the equivalent of me saying "Well since you like heroes so much then you must want GA to be replaced with Hero Unleashed permanently, in fact, let's lockout troopers and only allow heroes!" Your final assumption isn't logical either, "A reprieve from being spawn ganked by Palpatine and going even further negative in K/D" Firstly this is Ad Hominem, secondly K/D isn't even displayed in this game and subsequently virtually no one cares about it. I could just as easily stoop to your level and say "The only reason you hate this event is because you lack skill, are too lazy to learn new heroes, and can only manage to keep a positive K/D by using the most powerful heroes in the game, and even then you're barely positive." However, an argument/attack like that would have no real meaning or weight behind it, or any proof behind the claim, just like your's.

    This was very well said.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • OcDoc
    1285 posts Member
    Played it.

    Felt about the same, maybe a little slower paced in a few phases. Certainly nothing to be excited about.
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    Played it.

    Felt about the same, maybe a little slower paced in a few phases. Certainly nothing to be excited about.

    And certainly nothing to get "angry" about, right?
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    Played it.

    Felt about the same, maybe a little slower paced in a few phases. Certainly nothing to be excited about.

    And certainly nothing to get "angry" about, right?

    I don't know why you think everyone who didn't like this is hero obsessed and make it seem like their enjoyment of the game doesn't count because they enjoy heroes? I play many many matches of ga without being a hero and have a wonderful time. To ME, this event felt off....not saying it wasn't a good idea, I feel it was poorly executed.

    The eras were too muddled....didn't feel like three distinct eras. The hero cost was too low...heroes were taken in first 30 seconds and around the whole match.

    If anything, I feel it made heroes feel MORE op, not balanced. It was very difficult to get a good hero player off the field because there was no one to hold them in check. Elites will say oh you must have had a trash team....but when map flipped we won, so.....

    I like the concept. I can't put my finger on it, but something about it made it not quite work to it's full potential.
  • Appl3corps wrote: »
    OcDoc wrote: »
    Played it.

    Felt about the same, maybe a little slower paced in a few phases. Certainly nothing to be excited about.

    And certainly nothing to get "angry" about, right?

    I don't know why you think everyone who didn't like this is hero obsessed and make it seem like their enjoyment of the game doesn't count because they enjoy heroes? I play many many matches of ga without being a hero and have a wonderful time. To ME, this event felt off....not saying it wasn't a good idea, I feel it was poorly executed.

    The eras were too muddled....didn't feel like three distinct eras. The hero cost was too low...heroes were taken in first 30 seconds and around the whole match.

    If anything, I feel it made heroes feel MORE op, not balanced. It was very difficult to get a good hero player off the field because there was no one to hold them in check. Elites will say oh you must have had a trash team....but when map flipped we won, so.....

    I like the concept. I can't put my finger on it, but something about it made it not quite work to it's full potential.

    I keep seeing people say that this event brings gameplay balance to the maps, but that's impossible if the first consideration is the eras and not the abilities of the heroes. If they were in that era, they were allowed in the match, regardless of the abilities of the enemy team. The only way you can TRULY have an era specific event is to remove heroes entirely.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • I'm getting on at 6:01AM UTC and contribute to the spike of server demand.

    I'm not hero-obsessed just not into removing content for the fantasy of "ummersion". The game play wasn't better or fun. I don't take pleasure limiting the options of a fellow player. Oh yeah, I'm wearing camouflage on Geonosis.
  • RubyOx wrote: »
    I'm getting on at 6:01AM UTC and contribute to the spike of server demand.

    I'm not hero-obsessed just not into removing content for the fantasy of "ummersion". The game play wasn't better or fun. I don't take pleasure limiting the options of a fellow player. Oh yeah, I'm wearing camouflage on Geonosis.

    I also wear camouflage on Geonosis. Kamino too. As for the event...
    fiyunsf7lnoy.jpg
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • RubyOx wrote: »
    I'm getting on at 6:01AM UTC and contribute to the spike of server demand.

    I'm not hero-obsessed just not into removing content for the fantasy of "ummersion". The game play wasn't better or fun. I don't take pleasure limiting the options of a fellow player. Oh yeah, I'm wearing camouflage on Geonosis.

    Cool cool...don't you wish Dice could have made it a separate mode from the main GA? Like Heroes Unleashed as well? Better yet, if they make them "real" separate variations of GA then we'd all be having our own fun, no need for protests and trying to bury things. Acting like we "take pleasure in limiting the options of fellow players" sounds like defensive whining. Like when you are a hero on phase 4 of many maps with 3 other heroes behind you...oops, kinda just limited the fair options of 3/4ths of your own team....but you don't take pleasure in it...right.

    Vanilla GA is back!! Woohoo...large scale HvV!! Come at me.....I'll still be playing. This weekend satisfied immensely.
  • ZmanGames wrote: »
    ZmanGames wrote: »
    yup this event is pretty much cancer especially with the current map rotation, 4 sequel trilogy maps in a row wears you down. only good map from this era is crait.

    Pretty much all subjective statements. The cancer has been removed. 😁😁

    No thanks we like having options instead of removing content for a boring “event” to please a small demographic of whiners who wanted this “event”

    Ironically your "options" lead to a lack of diversity. Seeing the same heroes and villains every match, making for bland gameplay that detracts from the experience. Era-specific play makes for more diverse and interesting gameplay, is more balanced(especially with 2 heroes on each side), and enhances the experience of each era by making it more unique. Sorry that you can't handle learning to use more than one hero. And we aren't a "small demographic of whiners", it is actually probable that we are the majority of players. Cross-era gameplay has its time and place, and that place is in HvV.

    You see the same Heroes all the time because crybabies who get destroyed match after match with negative KDs get them nerfed down to where only 3-4 are actually viable in GA as a whole. Nobody in their right mind would spend 6k Bps on chewbacca over Yoda or Finn. Phasma and Kylo are utter Jokes and in need of massive buffs, a couple wookie enforcers have more impact on the game than they ever would.. Effectively forcing people to play them for the sake of your so called "diversity" is just a con job, and not a very good one might I add.

    "interesting", "Unique", "Balanced", "diverse", all meaningless and empty platitudes that at the end of the day are falsities in of themselves. Cross-Era has it's time and place? in trash HvV of all places? Yeah, because Young Obi-wan running around on the deathstar, Clones fighting on Naboo, the empire using weapons not even invented yet, and countless other anomalies carefully ignored by this annoying crowd of infantry/era minded players, definitely doesn't hold the bar. Please, this event is a joke and just locks away content under the guise of trying something new. Next time just remove the Heroes all together, because we all know that's what the majority of these kids want at the end of the day. A reprieve from being spawn ganked by palpatine and going even further negative in K/D.

    When it comes to Galactic Assault almost any hero can perform well in the hands of a skilled player, maybe not as well as others but even characters like Phasma can be used to go on large killstreaks.

    This statement admits that not having properly balanced heroes and villians in GA affects gameplay.

    The reason there's a lack of diversity in hero and villian selection is because of this. No skilled player is picking Phasma over a better villian, unless they are screwing around. If you're playing to win, you are avoiding Chewy, Phasma, Kylo and Boba.

    The fact that this game mode gives better tiers of characters to one side based on their era is trash because it disrupts the game's balance.

    This team has had 15 months to balance these characters and these bottom tier characters remain trash with poor GA survivability and bugs, while the mid to super tier see the most buffs and nerfs.

    Until those characters are brought to a better level, this mode will remain a bad one.
  • Chem0
    119 posts Member
    Not as nearly fun event as HU or even normal GA.
    No opposition for palpy. He could dominate whole enemy team alone.
  • kirtanloorii
    934 posts Member
    edited January 28
    Salacious_Me_1138
    If vanilla GA is large scale HvV, then what would you call heroes unleashed?
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • Salacious_Me_1138
    If vanilla GA is large scale HvV, then what would you call heroes unleashed?
    This but with heroes.

    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • ZmanGames wrote: »
    ZmanGames wrote: »
    yup this event is pretty much cancer especially with the current map rotation, 4 sequel trilogy maps in a row wears you down. only good map from this era is crait.

    Pretty much all subjective statements. The cancer has been removed. 😁😁

    No thanks we like having options instead of removing content for a boring “event” to please a small demographic of whiners who wanted this “event”

    Ironically your "options" lead to a lack of diversity. Seeing the same heroes and villains every match, making for bland gameplay that detracts from the experience. Era-specific play makes for more diverse and interesting gameplay, is more balanced(especially with 2 heroes on each side), and enhances the experience of each era by making it more unique. Sorry that you can't handle learning to use more than one hero. And we aren't a "small demographic of whiners", it is actually probable that we are the majority of players. Cross-era gameplay has its time and place, and that place is in HvV.

    You see the same Heroes all the time because crybabies who get destroyed match after match with negative KDs get them nerfed down to where only 3-4 are actually viable in GA as a whole. Nobody in their right mind would spend 6k Bps on chewbacca over Yoda or Finn. Phasma and Kylo are utter Jokes and in need of massive buffs, a couple wookie enforcers have more impact on the game than they ever would.. Effectively forcing people to play them for the sake of your so called "diversity" is just a con job, and not a very good one might I add.

    "interesting", "Unique", "Balanced", "diverse", all meaningless and empty platitudes that at the end of the day are falsities in of themselves. Cross-Era has it's time and place? in trash HvV of all places? Yeah, because Young Obi-wan running around on the deathstar, Clones fighting on Naboo, the empire using weapons not even invented yet, and countless other anomalies carefully ignored by this annoying crowd of infantry/era minded players, definitely doesn't hold the bar. Please, this event is a joke and just locks away content under the guise of trying something new. Next time just remove the Heroes all together, because we all know that's what the majority of these kids want at the end of the day. A reprieve from being spawn ganked by palpatine and going even further negative in K/D.

    When it comes to Galactic Assault almost any hero can perform well in the hands of a skilled player, maybe not as well as others but even characters like Phasma can be used to go on large killstreaks. Go ahead, look up some killstreak videos of Kylo Ren and Phasma, to say that "a couple wookie enforcers have more impact on the game than they ever would." is a fallacy. Not to mention heroes are getting balanced all the time, even if a hero isn't great now at some point they will be re-worked, and virtually all of them can still be used effectively by a skilled-player in GA. All of my previous points still stand, as for you calling this a "con job", that honestly comes off as a false opinion of players who don't feel like learning more heroes and complaining about it. Era-specific play makes for a better gameplay experience.

    To say that ""interesting", "Unique", "Balanced", "diverse", all meaningless and empty platitudes that at the end of the day are falsities in of themselves." is simply put a distortion of the truth based on a misinformed opinion. Because from an objective standpoint Galactic Assault is much more balanced with 2 heroes and defined options. The focus is shifted back to the team of infantry rather than 3 heroes in the final phase when it comes to winning the match. They made 2 main modes, one focused on infantry gameplay and one focused on hero gameplay. If you prefer hero gameplay that much then go to the hero-focused mode. The point of Galactic Assault is primarily to experience Star Wars as a soldier, these changes shift the focus of this mode to where it should be. Diversity in terms of heroes is something that actually matters, because it has a direct impact of the gameplay of not just the hero players, but everyone playing any class on both teams. What's the point in having 19 heroes when only 6 end up being used? Most of the time Cross Era play in Galactic Assault just leads to the assets that DICE worked hard on not even being recognized. To argue that having more than a select few heroes you see every match on the battlefront and having gameplay that is more team-reliant and skill-based doesn't make for a more unique and interesting experience, is a perfect example of cognitive bias and willful ignorance. And yes, Cross-Era's time and place is in HvV, calling the mode "trash" doesn't change that fact. Heroes vs Villains is an all-out mode where you are supposed to be able to pair any hero up against any villain, a mode where authenticity isn't even a factor. Galactic Assault, on the other hand, tries to make the experience as authentic as possible, as proven by the scenery, the announcers, the story/situation presented, and other minute details. It tries to make you feel like you're in a Star Wars battle as much as possible.

    Now let's go into the statements you made about the things that are supposedly ignored by players who support era-specific play. Firstly I would like to make it clear that there is a difference between authenticity and following canon, what we want is authenticity, we never said we wanted strict-canon. However, many who argue against era-specific play essentially form a strawman argument against pro-era-specific players by focusing on what's canon opposed to what's authentic. I assume this is accidental which is why I am specifying the difference between the two. For something to be authentic it simply needs to make logical sense. Anakin and Grievous never fought on Geonosis, seeing that in Battlefront 2 definitely wouldn't be canon, but would absolutely be authentic. As both of these characters existed at the same time and it would logically be possible for them to come across each other in a battle. Essentially canon is following exactly what happened, and authenticity is following what logically could happen and what makes sense.
    This event is likely a test to see how implementing era-specific play affects the overall flow of the gameplay. Which is likely why they allow young Obi-Wan in the OT era, Kenobi is a multi-era hero and as such will have an appropriate Old Ben appearance on OT maps if era-specific play is permanently implemented. This skin doesn't exist yet, but that's not a good reason to not get data on how having certain characters on certain maps will affect gameplay. We are assuming that if era-specific play is implemented characters like Obi-Wan and Luke will have their aged appearance on certain maps. As for Naboo, there is nothing about a battle between Clones and Droids occurring on it that isn't authentic. If you actually read the description of the map or listen to the announcer when you spawn on it, it is described as a "second invasion" on the planet that is supposed to take place in The Clone Wars, this isn't the same battle that happened in TPM, it's merely on the same planet. As for weapons, many players have requested for era-specific weapons as well, or reskins for weapons based on the era similar to how every faction has the same default blaster but with a different skin. However, some players are fine with cross-era weapons but not heroes because when it comes to immersion they don't notice the stormtrooper using a First Order blaster. But it's essentially impossible to not notice an out-of-place hero. To say that these "anomalies"(many of which aren't even anomalies) are carefully ignored by pro-era-specific players is simply untrue. It's just that you don't understand what pro-era-specific players think but assume that you do, leading to many misconceptions.

    You say "Please, this event is a joke and just locks away content under the guise of trying something new." However, saying that this is locking away content isn't really true, especially when it results in more of the content actually being utilized by players. Most of the content is "locked away" as you put it anyway, but for some reason, you don't notice or don't care. You don't care that you can't play as the Deathtrooper as the Separatists, can't use an AAT on Crait, can't choose what blaster you want for your jet trooper based on your faction, that AT-TEs are limited to 1 map, etc. If what you truly cared about was "content being locked away", then wouldn't you note that the majority of the content is locked away in the first place?
    "Next time just remove the Heroes all together, because we all know that's what the majority of these kids want at the end of the day. A reprieve from being spawn ganked by palpatine and going even further negative in K/D."
    Great way to assume what your opposition is in favor of and why. This is the equivalent of me saying "Well since you like heroes so much then you must want GA to be replaced with Hero Unleashed permanently, in fact, let's lockout troopers and only allow heroes!" Your final assumption isn't logical either, "A reprieve from being spawn ganked by Palpatine and going even further negative in K/D" Firstly this is Ad Hominem, secondly K/D isn't even displayed in this game and subsequently virtually no one cares about it. I could just as easily stoop to your level and say "The only reason you hate this event is because you lack skill, are too lazy to learn new heroes, and can only manage to keep a positive K/D by using the most powerful heroes in the game, and even then you're barely positive." However, an argument/attack like that would have no real meaning or weight behind it, or any proof behind the claim, just like your's.

    This was very well said.

    Not even close, parsing, semantics, and largely nonsense in paragraph form. Kid, I probably have close to a 4.0 or higher K/D in this trash game, and it's not because I'm bad or lazy, quite to the contrary, that manner of thinking is a logical fallacy in of itself lmao. I sincerely doubt 80% of you could even come close to replicating anything that I dish out and I'd be willing to put money on it.

    To comment on balance your linked stats should at least be positive overall, and I'm sorry to say, many of you would be disqualified right out the gate, flat out.

    I'd pick apart your post but it's just a jumbled mess and you broke up the layout of my own quotes, probably intentionally. Needless to say your "authenticity" vs "canon" canard is just that, more semantics and blatantly disregarding the clear imbalance era specific lockouts pose. As others here have stated as well, it doesn't even stop the so called Hero "spam" as they immediately reappear one after another like before. At least they're being straight up here and saying what everyone already innately know they wan't: No heroes period and infantry only.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • ZmanGames wrote: »
    yup this event is pretty much cancer especially with the current map rotation, 4 sequel trilogy maps in a row wears you down. only good map from this era is crait.

    Pretty much all subjective statements. The cancer has been removed. 😁😁

    No thanks we like having options instead of removing content for a boring “event” to please a small demographic of whiners who wanted this “event”

    Ironically your "options" lead to a lack of diversity. Seeing the same heroes and villains every match, making for bland gameplay that detracts from the experience. Era-specific play makes for more diverse and interesting gameplay, is more balanced(especially with 2 heroes on each side), and enhances the experience of each era by making it more unique. Sorry that you can't handle learning to use more than one hero. And we aren't a "small demographic of whiners", it is actually probable that we are the majority of players. Cross-era gameplay has its time and place, and that place is in HvV.

    You see the same Heroes all the time because crybabies who get destroyed match after match with negative KDs get them nerfed down to where only 3-4 are actually viable in GA as a whole. Nobody in their right mind would spend 6k Bps on chewbacca over Yoda or Finn. Phasma and Kylo are utter Jokes and in need of massive buffs, a couple wookie enforcers have more impact on the game than they ever would.. Effectively forcing people to play them for the sake of your so called "diversity" is just a con job, and not a very good one might I add.

    "interesting", "Unique", "Balanced", "diverse", all meaningless and empty platitudes that at the end of the day are falsities in of themselves. Cross-Era has it's time and place? in trash HvV of all places? Yeah, because Young Obi-wan running around on the deathstar, Clones fighting on Naboo, the empire using weapons not even invented yet, and countless other anomalies carefully ignored by this annoying crowd of infantry/era minded players, definitely doesn't hold the bar. Please, this event is a joke and just locks away content under the guise of trying something new. Next time just remove the Heroes all together, because we all know that's what the majority of these kids want at the end of the day. A reprieve from being spawn ganked by palpatine and going even further negative in K/D.

    Git gud. 😂😊😊

    Search your brain cell, you know it to be true. I can't wait for stats to release, trust me I'll be the first to post them here. Can't be sure I'd say the same for you, or 75% of you here.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • I don't think there is enough heroes/Vilains to do this for the specific eras. We need more interesting Jedi's/Sith's such as Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Assaj ventrice, Savage Opress. And it feels odd to not have the correct skins for ect. Obi Wan and Emperor Palpatine.
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited January 28
    How many times do you have to blow yourself?
    I just find it Ironic that they call me bad, and yet by in large most of everyone here is beating around the bush that they don't like Heroes in GA period and wan't it even further restricted than what the event already did, simply because someone with skill keeps them in spawn as palpatine or another Hero because they aren't actually good enough to kill them themselves.

    Another faction in this thread, cut from the same sleeve is trying to sell the idea that era locked should be the norm for immersion's sake, and that on it's face is a fake and completely disingenuous argument for reasons repeated to no end. It also for reasons revealed during this event makes the game even more unbalanced than it already is. Palaptine stays unopposed and respawns on a gondola and Phasma and Kylo just get stomped by lightside even harder. It's just a.... Wait a minute, you, your literally the lead guy that says he gets spawn ganked by Heroes and thats why some infantry only mode needs to be implemented. It's no wonder your on the bandwagon here.

    I digress. This event sucked, it broke game balance, and just locked out content making the already bleak/bland experience that much crappier. To add insult to injury it came the very week people where trying to play the new Hero. It should return on a bi-yearly basis, or better yet, never. Let's just cut to the chase here and Stop beating around the bush. Say what the lot of you guys are really jostling for, No heroes in your GA period.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • I really enjoyed the era locked event. If it was a permanent mode, it'd likely be the one I played. However, it was just an event, so back to good ol' Galactic Assault. Anyway, thanks DICE.
  • Eras was very cool.
    Make it periodical and week long.
  • With the teeniest bit of hope GA will loose it's relevance March onwards
  • I do not like this event. For example, I want to play Kylo Ren on other maps than on only the sequel maps. The same goes for Darth Vader in the original era. I want to be able to play every hero on every Map.
  • xSloky wrote: »
    I do not like this event. For example, I want to play Kylo Ren on other maps than on only the sequel maps. The same goes for Darth Vader in the original era. I want to be able to play every hero on every Map.

    Just like with Heroes Unleashed...I wish they wouldn't push it on everybody at once. I'm even cool with both of them being events if they're in a separate playlist...just like JPC which comes as goes as it's own selection. We should ALWAYS have normal GA optional.
  • Appl3corps wrote: »
    To ME, this event felt off....not saying it wasn't a good idea, I feel it was poorly executed.

    The eras were too muddled... didn't feel like three distinct eras. The hero cost was too low... heroes were taken in first 30 seconds and around the whole match.

    I like the concept. I can't put my finger on it, but something about it made it not quite work to it's full potential.
    I agree with pretty much all of this.

    Kenobi and Yoda shouldn't have been included in the OT, and Han and Luke shouldn't have been included in the ST.

    The hero cost shouldn't have been reduced, if anything it maybe should have been doubled. And it should be 1 hero per side for most of the game, 2 per side in the last phase.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!