criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

Response to the Darth Tyranus update.

What did you do to the game? You say you fixed Kylo Ren but now you made it harder for him to lock on with the frenzy move even when I have Closing In equipped...Where it worked fine before the update.

Replies

• Yeah I think most of the community already wants them to go back to the original frenzy when it worked.....not this garbage frenzy that got a significant nerf and still doesn't work.

It's like Obiwan's force push now and doesn't always recognize that you activated the ability.
  • OcDoc
    1679 posts Member
    My newbie friend (using Kylo and not even leveled up) crushed HvV against a decently skilled team last night. Can’t be too bad.

Sure you aren’t just complaining about nothing? I haven’t tried him myself yet. Might try tonight.
  • I wouldn't call that team decently skilled if they were getting crushed by kylo only. Every jedi can outlast him in terms of lightsaber block. His frenzy attack doesn't do nearly what it use to and only allows you to get 1 hit on each target of like 60-70 damage if there are multiple people around. If there is only one enemy nearby you can get like 180 IF all three attacks hit. Every jedi has the ability to easily dominate kylo, it just sounds like that team had no idea what they were doing, or you aren't mentioning to us that it was kylo running around finishing people off and not doing most of the attacking, or he was freezing people for his team to take down their health and he was finished them off after that. That's about the only way that your friend went around crushing in HvV with Kylo.

Phasma is much more powerful than Kylo now. Kylo really only has the freeze ability and force pull that are of any real consequence. Bossk and finn are pretty closely tied for the weakest characters in HvV, then Kylo close afterwards.

His stamina is also really low, so you can either attack 5 times only or block 5 times only, or a combination of the 5 and then you are out of stamina.
  • a skill player can kill with any character but it doesn't change the fact that it is more difficult. frenzy is better for multiple weak opponent but in hero battles you become the dancing target, not to mention his healing card is the frenzy and since that skill doesn't do enough damage nor does it knock your opponent down, it makes kylo the most difficult character to survive or escape with. like i said against a good player freeze and pull won't help and frenzy just leaves you wide open it. i wish that if 2 force techniques clashed, there would be some form of repulse effect, not by throwing each other across the map but at least forcing both players take a step back from each other would be great
  • Vikingoverlord0
    78 posts Member
    edited February 25
    OcDoc wrote: »
    My newbie friend (using Kylo and not even leveled up) crushed HvV against a decently skilled team last night. Can’t be too bad.

Sure you aren’t just complaining about nothing? I haven’t tried him myself yet. Might try tonight.

I would have to say I'm used to how he is now. And it is not as bad as it was to begin with. But his stamina is very weak compared to the other lightsaber heroes still... Also with his stamina buff card.
  • OcDoc wrote: »

I would have to say I'm used to how he is now. And it is not as bad as it was to begin with. But his stamina is very weak compared to the other lightsaber heroes still... Also with his stamina buff card.

my guess is to make up for freeze, it needs some tweaking but i can't say its bad its just more challenging. hopefully the saber changes will relieve the stamina issue
  • Vikingoverlord0
    78 posts Member
    edited February 26
    OcDoc wrote: »

my guess is to make up for freeze, it needs some tweaking but i can't say its bad its just more challenging. hopefully the saber changes will relieve the stamina issue

It was bad for me but then it turned out to be good. I didn't feel like it was more challenging at that time the patch was released. When the patch was released I had trouble with the frenzy locking on even with closing in equipped which I didn't have before the patch. If you call that a challenge? lol It was rather getting used to a new patch since EA likes to change it from time to time but I don't have issues with it anymore. Now I think it is good and fluent but guess what they'll probably do something funny with the next update. Everytime it is good for most players they keep changing it but lets see what happens. Hopefully they will do his stamina more justice in the next update.
  • sharkman781
    131 posts Member
    edited March 6
    the challenge was staying alive or killing someone with frenzy when it changes the target and only hits once. (you are left exposed with no way to counter and the dmg done wasn't worth using it unless you are the type to sit back, wait for your allies to wear him down and then steal the kill). after the patch i think most issues have been fixed so i agree with you on that. i do want a fix on the stamina but im not sure increasing is the way to go. for saber duels i think its fine until they fix the saber engagement system.
    my biggest problem is saber vs blaster, you can't get close if you are blocking, you can't run with out paying half your life or more, when you get close you get stunned, knocked down (explosives and rush skill) and they can roll out and you have to catch up once more not to mention sabers won't hit at times. they can shoot while they are knocked down, stunned, or being hit. the current saber stamina can't keep up with this
    but yes, we will have to wait for the duel patch to see how it works, if it will fix the current fighting system and some bugs i have not mentioned. after what they added to yoda, im hopefull that they will do it right this time