criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Please stop exploiting glitches and EA please fix!

Are those who hide in the wall on Yavin 4 genuinely having fun?

Using Boba Fett to get to unreachable places is just ruining a good character

This is a great game, but seriously EA...

Replies

• Yeah, I checked it's already there. The community has known about it for ages
  • Just get rid of the target system and the glitches won't matter anymore
  • the yavin glitch isnt that bad because anyone can walk in the wall. the boba-only ones are bad
  • Just get rid of the target system and the glitches won't matter anymore

I personally disagree. I enjoy the more tactical game-play associated with the target system. I believe the light sabre combat isn't refined enough for the game to come down to skill.

However, I would also be all for a team death match hero mode as there is fun in less tactical game modes
  • Sniffy44 wrote: »
    the yavin glitch isnt that bad because anyone can walk in the wall. the boba-only ones are bad

I've not always been able to walk through the wall. I'd rather not play in the wall tbh. The Boba ones are annoying. He's fun to play with, but some players are so annoying with him!
  • And those Yoda player glitching into the wall on the Death Star
  • Duke_M
    76 posts Member
    edited February 6
    Not to mention still being shot THROUGH walls. I was playing on Phase 2 of Kashyyyk and got killed by LAAT fire despite being in the tank guarding the objective.

Nice job, DICE. AAA devs you truly are.
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • Duke_M wrote: »
    Not to mention still being shot THROUGH walls. I was playing on Phase 2 of Kashyyyk and got killed by LAAT fire despite being in the tank guarding the objective.

Nice job, DICE. AAA devs you truly are.

Hate leads to suffering! Be careful of your feelings!
  • Duke_M
    76 posts Member
    edited February 6

So how would you feel getting shot through a wall when you shouldn't due to yet another bug? Less of the cheesy Star Wars quotes please, that belongs on Reddit and the ***** who tend to reside there :)
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • Duke_M wrote: »

So how would ou feel getting shot through a wall when you shouldn't? Less of the cheesy Star Wars quotes please, there's too many **** on Reddit who come out with that **** and kiss DICE's **** instead of trying to make a point.

You do know I made the original post you are commenting on? I thought as a star wars fan you may find my comment amusing. Relax :)
  • [You do know I made the original post you are commenting on? I thought as a star wars fan you may find my comment amusing. Relax :)

Why I edited my post, it was a little brusque. Sorry about that :) . Though I am a Star Wars fan (which is why I find this game so disappointing it's frustrating to be honest), Reddit fan I am NOT. Jar Jar Binks makes more sense than the average Reddit user :)
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • Terranova4 wrote: »
    And those Yoda player glitching into the wall on the Death Star

they fixed that one
  • I call that hiding spot on Yavin 4 the closet. I just attack them in the wall. It's actually easy to get into and out of. But be warned, right outside it I've fallen into the floor and one time fell in so deep I hadbto respawn to get out.
    "I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me, aaaand now I have a lightsaber!"
  • Any noob that thinks they're being cool by hiding in the closet is dead real fast if I catch them. I wish more people went in there. So easy to get in and kill them in one spot.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber

giphy.gif
  • Struggle to fix their dinners
  • Yeah!
    Yavin 4 looks like a boring 3yo children hide and seek game.
    And Geonosis is terrible with the vulture fly of Boba Fett.
  • Sniffy44 wrote: »
    Terranova4 wrote: »

they fixed that one
    Yoda can still get inside the DS2 walls
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • Just came across a new glitch today on the Bespin map. I don't know if it's something that only Yoda can exploit, but I was in two different matches where someone was playing as Yoda and they somehow managed to get to the very top of the map. And they just camped there throughout the entire round, literally. They weren't playing and then going to the spot when they were the target. They just went straight there and didn't leave the entire round, so it was essentially a 4 v 3 disadvantage for my team (though we did still manage to win).

Sounds crazy, right? But wait! There's more! They also exploited a glitch that that placed them at the very bottom of the map as well....*facepalm* Again, I'm not sure if these are glitches that are exclusively Yoda-friendly, but these were two different people exploiting the same glitch, and both of them specifically used Yoda.
  • Duke_M
    76 posts Member
    edited February 22
    WE ARE DICE WE ARE AAA DEVELOPERS WHO LEAVE YEARS OLD GLITCHES IN OUR GAMES
    Post edited by Duke_M on
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • Lagodaki wrote: »
    Sniffy44 wrote: »
    Terranova4 wrote: »

they fixed that one
    Yoda can still get inside the DS2 walls

not in the place i was referring to.
  • It's not a glitch but last night I was playing on Kamino and the dark side team were using a camping point that really felt like it ought to be out of bounds. It made the game very boring. It's difficult to describe but if you think of the end of phase one in GA it is the outside stretch of 'corridor' between the first two exits. In phase one of GA, you can run down there as a droid but you have to jump onto the wall beside you to get around a wall in front of you, at which point you go out of bounds before coming back in via a spawn point for the clones. It was the point just before the vertical wall.

Phasma camping is a legitimate tactic, I've used it myself although I tend to move the camp point around, but this point was difficult to access that you were almost certainly going to die either by her or the droid before getting many hits in. If she was the target she just camped there and if it was someone else they went and joined her. I was playing with randoms so there was no coordinated effort to storm them. If I'd been playing with friends we'd have just worked out a strategy and probably ruined their day.

I really hate it when people quit during a game of HvV but I was very tempted to do the same in this game.
  • Are those who hide in the wall on Yavin 4 genuinely having fun?

Using Boba Fett to get to unreachable places is just ruining a good character

This is a great game, but seriously EA...

there's also a place on Hoth that boba fett can go through and hide ... i don't know if they fixed it or not.
  • Whats the point in a flying character if he can't access places others can't?
  • Some of the map exploits have been around since launch. DICE won't to do anything, especially when they have bigger priorities like the emote wheel, Dooku's pajamas and fixing the stripes on Clone skins.
  • I accidentally found a place on the Hoth map that Yoda can hide in and not be seen, although I don't think it would be very effective if you were the target, because he would have the big icon over his head and people should be able to rush and kill him if he camped there.
  • yeah Fett is a problem when the player is a bad sport. i would like them to add ammo count that way at least he would have to expose himself from time to time. like in the 2005 version where you had to go to a droid to resupply (for explosive skills too). something along those lines cause Fett is such a good character if you can mix his skill right. personally im not good with fett but i seen players going head to head with jedi by maneuvering and punching when they get close.