criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Allow blaster/grenades ECT... to pass through team mates.

This has been one of the most annoying things about the game.
Not only have I been blocked so many times by team mates that run out in front me but also had grenades get blocked at the last second and bounce back towards me and in the end committing suicide.

It also connects to trolling too to people running in front of snipers and blocking their scopes and shots in general.

I'm suggesting that they should allow us to shoot through our team mates to avoid some of frustration that this would cause to players.

Replies

• Fully agree with this. At least for grenades. Sometimes you have people run in front of you when you're doing the animation and it feels awful. It's annoying when someone stands in front of me as a Heavy with explosive sentry, but not as annoying as a grenade which ricochets off someone's head and then ends up killing me.
  • I have personal had no encounter of this. And i think if you change this it will make the game less realistic. I also think this is your own problem and not the game. If this happen to you often, then you gotta change the way you play.
  • Yodamain wrote: »
    I have personal had no encounter of this. And i think if you change this it will make the game less realistic. I also think this is your own problem and not the game. If this happen to you often, then you gotta change the way you play.

I think this is a case where realism should give way to game feel. Throwing a grenade and having a teammate run in front of you in a corridor feels awful and there's no real pleasure to be derived from this experience; realism offers nothing here. Realistically the jedi and sith would be able to instantly kill any of the blaster heroes, but this isn't so for balance and gameplay purposes. I'm glad you haven't run into the issue, but I've had it happen a couple of times and honestly if they're not in front of you when you hit the button it should continue along it's trajectory.
  • Yodamain wrote: »
    I have personal had no encounter of this. And i think if you change this it will make the game less realistic. I also think this is your own problem and not the game. If this happen to you often, then you gotta change the way you play.

So I need to go and shoot somewhere else because another player ran in front of me and the game blocks my shots and suddenly its my fault? This is one of the most frustrating thing especially if they blocking your last blaster shot from getting that final kill and it ends up in your enemy getting the upper hand and killing you instead.
  • Oh, for the love of God, no. I completely disagree with this. Allowing blaster bolts and projectiles to pass through friendlies would be madness. This would encourage players to spray indiscriminately en masse. Not to mention the amount of firepower going out toward enemy players would be ridiculous. Especially in choke points.

It's not just about realism here. Teamwork and situational awareness is important.
    "All wings report in."
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    Oh, for the love of God, no. I completely disagree with this. Allowing blaster bolts and projectiles to pass through friendlies would be madness. This would encourage players to spray indiscriminately en masse. Not to mention the amount of firepower going out toward enemy players would be ridiculous. Especially in choke points.

It's not just about realism here. Teamwork and situational awareness is important.

Agreed. It would be too easy for players to just spray in blindness and get kills or even spamming explosives in the small corridors.
  • Not a good idea at all. Keep things somewhat realistic. Objects should have real world physics. This isn't Star Trek where you have phased objects passing through mass. Players would be able to exploit this and there would be no balance in the game.
  • Please no. I actually think they should remove grenades as default from the 3 main classes (except Heavy) and have it as a Star Card you have to equip.

Not only is grenade spam annoying/frustrating, lacking in skill, but it's also not very immersive. I can't remember seeing a single grenade being used in the films, and the thermal detonator in Jabba's Palace that Leia threatens Jabba with, is seen as if it's a pretty big deal and has devastating effect.
  • Definitely agree should also be able to shoot thru them cuz I've so many ***** teammates step in front of me when I'm about to shoot the target in Hand we lose because of that
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »

Which is why Friendly Fire should be added IMO. Might make people actually think about what they're doing.
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg