criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Battle Point Event: Heroes

2Next

Replies

• Looks like not GA for me this weekend :(
  • When will be the NO VEHICLES weekend????????????????? ?????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????
  • loving it. all out epic scale Star Wars immersion HU is, each game, every game.

How is it immersion when Heroes dont fit their eras!?
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    loving it. all out epic scale Star Wars immersion HU is, each game, every game.

One man’s immersion is another man’s nightmare.

I thought immersion means you are very absorbed in the game you are not aware of what's going on around you and you lose track of time while you're playing. What has eras got to do with immersion?

I thought immersion means you are very absorbed in the game you are not aware of what's going on around you and you lose track of time while you're playing. What has eras got to do with immersion?

He means they've turned it into arcade trash (which it was always going to be with a multiplayer centric game).

Immersion in the star wars universe, kinda jarring to see obi wan and Yoda wrecking the rip off stormtroopers on starkiller base...or were you be willfully dense?
  • SWymsa wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »

He means they've turned it into arcade trash (which it was always going to be with a multiplayer centric game).

Immersion in the star wars universe, kinda jarring to see obi wan and Yoda wrecking the rip off stormtroopers on starkiller base...or were you be willfully dense?

The chickens on Takodana facilitate immersion much more than the absence of Yoda on Starkiller Base ever would.
  • oh... it is heroes unleashed once again... i was hoping there was only a battle point reduction without all this heroes spam........
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    I just love constantly getting torn apart by heroes whilst playing as infantry everytime I try and play the objective, well done Dice (sarcastic slow applause)
  • GIVE UP YOUR RIGHTS TO Star Wars MY GOD ITS JUST A WASTELAND OUT HERE THIS GAME IS GARBAGE GIVE US SOMETHING WORTH PLAYING OR JUST GIVE UP!!!!
  • Paraply
    78 posts Member
    edited February 2
    If this is only a BP reduction event why are there like 8 (5+ at least) heroes on each team? It's a trap?
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    olc8gcepa3gr.png

BATTLE POINT EVENT: HEROES
    Start Time: Feb 1st - 23:01 UTC
    End Time: Feb 4th - 05:00 UTC

During this weekend event, heroes can be unlocked for 50% off their normal battle point cost.

Thanks @EA_Tom

Hope this mode is here to stay!!! Should be added as a separate mode so people who prefer having 20 Heroes in Galactic Assault can play it.
  • marvin616
    379 posts Member
    edited February 3
    Worst weekend event so far. The 50% reduction in BP has made it just easy enough for experienced players to get a hero and just hard enough for everyone else to get one. Resulting in the most lopsided matches I've seen.
    It's either the be on the team getting tons of kills at the enemy spawn or get ripped to shreds seconds after spawning in.
    Not much fun.
    Devs, please don't repeat this mistake.
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited February 3
    Having so much fun wrecking these helpless players all weekend I almost see why they hate this event, I just love being able to spend Bps on Chewbacca, Lando, and other generally trash Heroes and it not be a total rip off like usual.

Finally, something Dice does right, we just need this in the Heroes playlist once and for all, and then for everyone else who want's too, they can stick to their dead lobbies that backfill every 30 minutes.
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • When Will we get new content instead of events ? I really hope that the new mode in feb Will exceed our expectations and bring back fun To play this game. Devs worked on skins, menu , removed the holograms... it didnt give us more fun/challenges. Extraction has 2 maps...is it so hard To add more?
  • Lee1981
    1985 posts Member
    Having so much fun wrecking these helpless players all weekend I almost see why they hate this event, I just love being able to spend Bps on Chewbacca, Lando, and other generally trash Heroes and it not be a total rip off like usual.

Finally, something Dice does right, we just need this in the Heroes playlist once and for all, and then for everyone else who want's too, they can stick to their dead lobbies that backfill every 30 minutes.
    Lando isn’t trash
  • SWymsa
    899 posts Member
    edited February 3
    Instead of garbage events how about you put that effort into fixing the myriad of problems this game has, aswel as some substance to new content?
  • As much as like destroying purple heroes with skill as a trooper. I can NOT wait for large scale offline.

Way too many hero events. It should be a every few months thing. Not every month 3 out of 4 weekends.

Or make a hero GA mode and have a trooper only GA.
  • Make hu an option, dont force us to play this garbage, that is all.
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    Make hu an option, dont force us to play this garbage, that is all.

Make Heroes Unleashed THE option. Force everyone to play it all the time. That is all.
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    Make hu an option, dont force us to play this garbage, that is all.

Make Heroes Unleashed THE option. Force everyone to play it all the time. That is all.

Yes and 90 percent of players will leave maybe some kids left.

Let's celebrate it's over wooooohooooo!
  • G_Funk24
    8 posts Member
    edited February 4
    My Experience of this weekend and HU events generally:

Start GA
    Select trooper
    Start
    Run, Run Run
    Cover, stalk, Shoot, may get a kill, might get killed
    Run, Run Run
    Run, Run Run
    Run, Run Run
    Killed down by a hero
    Select trooper
    Start
    Run, Run Run
    Run, Run Run
    Killed by a hero
    ME: Hummmm
    Start
    Run, Run Run
    Run, Run Run
    Killed by a hero
    ME: Getting irritating now
    Start
    Run, Run Run
    Killed by a hero
    ME: F**K it
    Start
    Run, Run Run
    Killed by a hero
    ME: F****K
    Start
    Run, Run Run
    Killed by a hero
    ME: F******K
    Start
    Run, Run Run
    Killed by a hero
    ME: F***********K
    Start
    Killed by a hero
    ME: F**********************************K
    Rinse repeat until which ever side wins
    Finish game with a bucket load of Battle points but no chance to actually use them
    look at leader board
    Heroes fill all top places.

To anyone who says 'Well just go to arcade and get better' politely 'go away', I'm not a bad player (not a great one either) all my troopers and their cards are maxed out so I can hold my own to a degree.

The only satisfying thing about these events is when you do kill a hero, because there are so many of them constantly killing you sometimes it feels more of an achievement than the overall objective.

Why do i play GA when these events are on, I enjoy GA generally and like the increased chance of getting a hero so i can start leveling them up (they are so low) not that I get the chance as they are either hoarded by the better players or you have to be killed at the right time.

Post edited by G_Funk24 on
  • While it can be frustrating at times to be on the opposing end of a steam roll I find the pro's usually out weigh the con's over the course of these events. Thank you & I hope the events continue.