criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

New large scale "TITAN" game mode: Possibly delayed past February?

Prev13456
Jakeman
89 posts Member
edited February 4
Seriously?! What in Aluminum Falcon is going on here? I can't even imagine what's going on over there at EA/DICE. I want to believe they are delaying it because we will be getting ground to air transport and combat, multiple players in vehicles, and other features similar to Battlefront 2005. Unfortunately, given the track record they are probably fixing Takodana chickens showing up in space and Leia speaking Chinese.
#wedontevenhaveanameforit

[Removed clickbait title]
Post edited by IronSoldier on

Replies

• Where are you getting this info?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I was about to ask the same thing.
  • Where is this info coming from? the Death Star garbage chute?
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited February 4
    New large scale "TITAN" game mode: DELAYED past February!!!

Where was this announced? I haven't seen any confirmation of this.
  • It's not on the February Community Calendar with the rest of the content.
  • No Ewok reinforcement news :'(
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

• Posting in a jumping to conclusions thread
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    edited February 4
    Not surprising if so, but there has been no official confirmation of an official delay. Still, I assume it has been delayed- otherwise they would happily announce it. Who cares though if it is delayed a few weeks. At this point, I have low expectations
  • Not convinced. Wouldn’t be surprised, but no official announcement.

LOL at that Community Calendar. Really digging deep for those events.
  • Omniscient
    777 posts Member
    edited February 5
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Jakeman wrote: »
    It's not on the February Community Calendar with the rest of the content.

Ok... but you stated it has been delayed past February... it's absence from the community calendar does not confirm this assertion. A lack of evidence for something does not constitute evidence against that something. It may mean it has been delayed, it may not. We will have to wait and see. Stop doing the StarWarsHQ level jumping to conclusions.

Office Space video removed due to swearing. - EA_Cian

Yeah...
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Alex64
    7657 posts Member
    "Potentially" it's a strong word.
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Like others have said, it's not in the calendar. If it was coming this month, it would be there. It's been a major roadmap bullet point since last summer. They aren't going to stealth drop a much anticipated game mode like this.

This game mode is why Battlefront 2 is still hogging 90+ GB of disk space on my PS4.

If they don't come out and say something like "well it's delayed until <insert release date> so that we can add more maps to the mode", then I'm likely to move on for good. I mean a serious release date, not some "well maybe" nonsense that strings us along again.

This also doesn't bode well for future DLC imo. All these threads arguing about future content, and they can't even get the current roadmap out. This mode was supposed to be released last September lol.
  • Someone asked Ben on Twitter “will we get an update on the new large scale mode soon ? Like in the next couple of weeks ?”

He said yes...so...
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    Someone asked Ben on Twitter “will we get an update on the new large scale mode soon ? Like in the next couple of weeks ?”

He said yes...so...

I think he said we would get an update in the next Community Transmission, whenever that is. He didn't say anything more about the new mode. When asked about clone officer skins not being on the calendar, he specifically said those are coming this month. So given that, it's all but confirmed to be delayed.

I don't believe for an instant they would stealth drop this new mode. This is the kind of mode you make a trailer around..."Conquest style gameplay returns to Battlefront!" You don't just sneak it in with Anakin, well not logically anyway lol.
    Someone asked Ben on Twitter “will we get an update on the new large scale mode soon ? Like in the next couple of weeks ?”

He said yes...so...

So... lets wait for the next weeks to receive the news that it has been moved forward
  • either y'all want them to release the game mode on time, or have them take more time to polish it up so it isn't released broken and unplayable.

He said yes...so...

So... lets wait for the next weeks to receive the news that it has been moved forward

I didn't see your post above, so I didn't realize I was basically reposting all your same points lol.

Yeah it seems like it's hurry up and wait again to see how long we will hurry up and wait some more.

Sooo...about that new roadmap? lol
  • If anyone is genuinely surprised that it'll possibly, and most likely, be delayed must be new. So - Welcome to Battlefront.

No doubt. It really shouldn't be a shock at this point. Does anyone even know when the Community Transmission is supposed to be?
  • DarthJ
    6666 posts Member
    If anyone is genuinely surprised that it'll possibly, and most likely, be delayed must be new. So - Welcome to Battlefront.

No doubt. It really shouldn't be a shock at this point. Does anyone even know when the Community Transmission is supposed to be?

They never tell us. Its hints and riddles until it appears
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • "Titan Mode" looking like it's going to be this game's Hero Blast.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Any kind and of news would be nice...
    It was always going to be Conquest. The absence that mode is the most glaring thing about this game.

It was always going to have heroes, and at least as many as GA. It’ll likely be more considering both the nonlinear and non-choke point map design, as well as the success of Heroes Unleashed.
  • meshugene89
    3531 posts Member
    edited February 4

Ok... but you stated it has been delayed past February... it's absence from the community calendar does not confirm this assertion. A lack of evidence for something does not constitute evidence against that something. It may mean it has been delayed, it may not. We will have to wait and see. Stop doing the StarWarsHQ level jumping to conclusions.

Maybe, but when have we ever known a Community Calendar to change or have something added to it at a later date? I can't recall it and if it has happened please feel free to correct me. I know that there's always a "first time for everything", but it seems to me that, after months of hyping up this new large-scale mode plus the leaks about it possibly having boardable capital ships, not including it on the Community Calendar for the very month they said it was going to be released does seem a bit ominous. Even Ben on Twitter and Reddit is being rather cagey with his answers, which doesn't exactly instill much confidence that it's coming this month.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
  • DarthJ
    6666 posts Member
    "Titan Mode" looking like it's going to be this game's Hero Blast.

Maybe, but when have we ever known a Community Calendar to change or have something added to it at a later date? I can't recall it and if it has happened please feel free to correct me. I know that there's always a "first time for everything", but it seems to me that, after months of hyping up this new large-scale mode plus the leaks about it possibly having boardable capital ships, not including it on the Community Calendar for the very month they said it was going to be released does seem a bit ominous. Even Ben on Twitter and Reddit is being rather cagey with his answers, which doesn't exactly instill much confidence that it's coming this month.

Agreed. He is pretty much playing thr politician in skirting around questions. All pointing towards it being delayed. Ah well. This is probably one kick too many for most.
    It was always going to be Conquest. The absence that mode is the most glaring thing about this game.

It was always going to have heroes, and at least as many as GA. It’ll likely be more considering both the nonlinear and non-choke point map design, as well as the success of Heroes Unleashed.

I meant in the sense that Hero Blast was a mode that never officially arrived in BF2015 and perhaps this "Titan Mode" could end up meeting the same fate.
    My Concepts
  • Titan mode cancelled instead it will be replaced with a Star Wars trivia game mode.

Nice.
  • 10vs10 Hero blast sounds fun to me
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

• meshugene89
    3531 posts Member
    edited February 5
    DarthJ wrote: »

Agreed. He is pretty much playing thr politician in skirting around questions. All pointing towards it being delayed. Ah well. This is probably one kick too many for most.

The question now is, for how long? Will we see this new mode or will it go the way of Hero Blast?
    My Concepts
  • Lagodaki wrote: »
    10vs10 Hero blast sounds fun to me

They should turn HvV into that.
    My Concepts
  • DarthJ wrote: »

The question now is, for how long? Will we see this new mode or will it go the of Hero Blast?
    If it gets pushed back to March, expect it to come towards the end of the month.
  • DarthJ
    6666 posts Member
    edited February 5

The question now is, for how long? Will we see this new mode or will it go the way of Hero Blast?

I think we will see it - the difference being they have actually noted down and put it in writing/advertising that they are doing this new mode, whereas hero blast was essentially quotes and rumours thrown together.

As for how long - who knows with DICE! Its a sad state of affairs really. I would be surprised if it was longer than a month though.

Also think this goes to show the tiny amount of staff they must have working there currently. If they are struggling this badly to do multiple things at once.
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited February 5

It COULD very well be delayed... but the evidence provided thus far to support the assertion that it definitively HAS been delayed is insufficient to reach that conclusion. I will wait for an actual confirmation rather than going full StarWarsHQ.
    Like others have said, it's not in the calendar. If it was coming this month, it would be there. It's been a major roadmap bullet point since last summer. They aren't going to stealth drop a much anticipated game mode like this.

This game mode is why Battlefront 2 is still hogging 90+ GB of disk space on my PS4.

If they don't come out and say something like "well it's delayed until <insert release date> so that we can add more maps to the mode", then I'm likely to move on for good. I mean a serious release date, not some "well maybe" nonsense that strings us along again.

This also doesn't bode well for future DLC imo. All these threads arguing about future content, and they can't even get the current roadmap out. This mode was supposed to be released last September lol.

You don't know this... it may be likely that is the case, but it is not definitive. The lack of evidence for something cannot be used to disprove its truth, just as the lack of evidence against something does not prove its truth.
  • DarthJ wrote: »

I think we will see it - the difference being they have actually noted down and put it in writing/advertising that they are doing this new mode, whereas hero blast was essentially quotes and rumours thrown together.

As for how long - who knows with DICE! Its a sad state of affairs really. I would be surprised if it was longer than a month though.

Also think this goes to show the tiny amount of staff they must have working there currently. If they are struggling this badly to do multiple things at once.

This thing with Hero Blast is that, whilst it wasn't officially announced, people knew about because of dataminers. This created a bit of hype for it but then when it didn't happen people were both disappointed and annoyed because not only was it not coming but DICE hadn't said anything about it and tried to hide it.
    They announced this large mode fpr this game, I think, not just because it's something people need to know to keep them interested in this game's future, but also to improve transparency by not trying to hide its development in the event they're unable to deliver. However, if they fail to deliver they'll end up with a far bigger problem because they announced it first, so they really can't afford to fail.
    Probably being overly pessimistic and this new mode will eventually get released, I'm just keeping my expectations low.
    My Concepts
  • Titan mode cancelled instead it will be replaced with a Star Wars trivia game mode.

Maybe even a diorama it we’re lucky?
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »

It COULD very well be delayed... but the evidence provided thus far to support the assertion that it definitively HAS been delayed is insufficient to reach that conclusion. I will wait for an actual confirmation rather than going full StarWarsHQ.

I think the fact that it's not on the Community Calendar for the very month it was supposed to be released is pretty sufficient based on past precedent, but I guess we'll see what Ben eventually has to say about all this.
    My Concepts
  • Man, the months just go by with this game. Waiting months and months for CT’s, Road Maps and patches. Pretty unbelievable that people still openly defend the way this game has and continues to be handled.

Couldn't agree more. This game mode was supposed to be out last September according to the original roadmap. So even the excuse of "delaying to make sure the mode is polished" doesn't fly at this point.
  • "If all else fails, a total, pigheaded unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through"

It's delayed :smirk:
  • meshugene89
    3531 posts Member
    edited February 5

You do that. The rest of us will look at the reality of a long advertised and anticipated game mode being totally absent from the release calendar + the reality of a consistent track record in this game + dodgy answers from the community manager.

What does "full StarWarsHQ" even mean? If there's a positive youtuber for this game, it's StarWarsHQ.

Wrong, the best YouTube channel for this game has been battlefront updates as he has historically tried to remain objective and avoided propagating many if the unsubstantiated rumors about the game... contrast that with StarWarsHQ which between release and the first 6 months of the game was responsible for creating and spreading nearly every unsubstantiated rumor about the game complete with clickbait titles... they may have improved since then, but I haven't watched them in 8 months.

They haven't improved. They still have massively clickbaity titles and thumbnails, and their "commentary" (for lack of a better word) is still over-the-top positive with ideas, theories, and suggestions for this game that are just ridiculous. Case-in-point, a video posted a couple of weeks ago suggesting "Custom Hero Creation" for BFII, i.e. create your own Jedi/Sith character with customisable saber colours, outfit, species, etc, which is not only entirely improbable to ever be in this game but also laughable that they would even propose something like this knowing it's never going to happen.
    They get their viewers worked up into a frenzy over all these fantastical ideas and then these lemmings get mad at DICE for not doing something that was never going to happen in the first place.
    My Concepts
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »

You do that. The rest of us will look at the reality of a long advertised and anticipated game mode being totally absent from the release calendar + the reality of a consistent track record in this game + dodgy answers from the community manager.

What does "full StarWarsHQ" even mean? If there's a positive youtuber for this game, it's StarWarsHQ.

Wrong, the best YouTube channel for this game has been battlefront updates as he has historically tried to remain objective and avoided propagating many if the unsubstantiated rumors about the game... contrast that with StarWarsHQ which between release and the first 6 months of the game was responsible for creating and spreading nearly every unsubstantiated rumor about the game complete with clickbait titles... they may have improved since then, but I haven't watched them in 8 months.

I've been watching them since around the time of the progression update last year, along with various others on YouTube. I've not seen any propagated rumors from StarWarsHQ, and they have consistently been one of the more pleasant broadcasters while others have outright railed on this game consistently.

They don't just gloss over issues and problems, but they don't present them in a negative way.

Besides, with all the major issues and delays in this game, how do you even sort out what's a "unsubstantiated rumor"? Promised content might as well be an unsubstantiated rumor LOL!! This game was a mess until the progression update.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4163 posts Member
    edited February 5

I've been watching them since around the time of the progression update last year, along with various others on YouTube. I've not seen any propagated rumors from StarWarsHQ, and they have consistently been one of the more pleasant broadcasters while others have outright railed on this game consistently.

They don't just gloss over issues and problems, but they don't present them in a negative way.

Besides, with all the major issues and delays in this game, how do you even sort out what's a "unsubstantiated rumor"? Promised content might as well be an unsubstantiated rumor LOL!! This game was a mess until the progression update.
    You asked for it...