criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

New large scale "TITAN" game mode: Possibly delayed past February?

Replies

• t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Jakeman wrote: »
    It's not on the February Community Calendar with the rest of the content.

Ok... but you stated it has been delayed past February... it's absence from the community calendar does not confirm this assertion. A lack of evidence for something does not constitute evidence against that something. It may mean it has been delayed, it may not. We will have to wait and see. Stop doing the StarWarsHQ level jumping to conclusions.

Maybe, but when have we ever known a Community Calendar to change or have something added to it at a later date? I can't recall it and if it has happened please feel free to correct me. I know that there's always a "first time for everything", but it seems to me that, after months of hyping up this new large-scale mode plus the leaks about it possibly having boardable capital ships, not including it on the Community Calendar for the very month they said it was going to be released does seem a bit ominous. Even Ben on Twitter and Reddit is being rather cagey with his answers, which doesn't exactly instill much confidence that it's coming this month.

It COULD very well be delayed... but the evidence provided thus far to support the assertion that it definitively HAS been delayed is insufficient to reach that conclusion. I will wait for an actual confirmation rather than going full StarWarsHQ.

You do that. The rest of us will look at the reality of a long advertised and anticipated game mode being totally absent from the release calendar + the reality of a consistent track record in this game + dodgy answers from the community manager.

What does "full StarWarsHQ" even mean? If there's a positive youtuber for this game, it's StarWarsHQ.

Wrong, the best YouTube channel for this game has been battlefront updates as he has historically tried to remain objective and avoided propagating many if the unsubstantiated rumors about the game... contrast that with StarWarsHQ which between release and the first 6 months of the game was responsible for creating and spreading nearly every unsubstantiated rumor about the game complete with clickbait titles... they may have improved since then, but I haven't watched them in 8 months.

They haven't improved. They still have massively clickbaity titles and thumbnails, and their "commentary" (for lack of a better word) is still over-the-top positive with ideas, theories, and suggestions for this game that are just ridiculous. Case-in-point, a video posted a couple of weeks ago suggesting "Custom Hero Creation" for BFII, i.e. create your own Jedi/Sith character with customisable saber colours, outfit, species, etc, which is not only entirely improbable to ever be in this game but also laughable that they would even propose something like this knowing it's never going to happen.
    They get their viewers worked up into a frenzy over all these fantastical ideas and then these lemmings get mad at DICE for not doing something that was never going to happen in the first place.

Exactly my point. If that's "unsubstantiated rumors", then every game should have this problem. Usually it's someone trashing the game instead of bringing up hopeful ideas.

Ok... but you stated it has been delayed past February... it's absence from the community calendar does not confirm this assertion. A lack of evidence for something does not constitute evidence against that something. It may mean it has been delayed, it may not. We will have to wait and see. Stop doing the StarWarsHQ level jumping to conclusions.

Maybe, but when have we ever known a Community Calendar to change or have something added to it at a later date? I can't recall it and if it has happened please feel free to correct me. I know that there's always a "first time for everything", but it seems to me that, after months of hyping up this new large-scale mode plus the leaks about it possibly having boardable capital ships, not including it on the Community Calendar for the very month they said it was going to be released does seem a bit ominous. Even Ben on Twitter and Reddit is being rather cagey with his answers, which doesn't exactly instill much confidence that it's coming this month.

It COULD very well be delayed... but the evidence provided thus far to support the assertion that it definitively HAS been delayed is insufficient to reach that conclusion. I will wait for an actual confirmation rather than going full StarWarsHQ.

You do that. The rest of us will look at the reality of a long advertised and anticipated game mode being totally absent from the release calendar + the reality of a consistent track record in this game + dodgy answers from the community manager.

What does "full StarWarsHQ" even mean? If there's a positive youtuber for this game, it's StarWarsHQ.

Wrong, the best YouTube channel for this game has been battlefront updates as he has historically tried to remain objective and avoided propagating many if the unsubstantiated rumors about the game... contrast that with StarWarsHQ which between release and the first 6 months of the game was responsible for creating and spreading nearly every unsubstantiated rumor about the game complete with clickbait titles... they may have improved since then, but I haven't watched them in 8 months.

I've been watching them since around the time of the progression update last year, along with various others on YouTube. I've not seen any propagated rumors from StarWarsHQ, and they have consistently been one of the more pleasant broadcasters while others have outright railed on this game consistently.

They don't just gloss over issues and problems, but they don't present them in a negative way.

Is this a FireGuyGaming reference?
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX

I've been watching them since around the time of the progression update last year, along with various others on YouTube. I've not seen any propagated rumors from StarWarsHQ, and they have consistently been one of the more pleasant broadcasters while others have outright railed on this game consistently.

They don't just gloss over issues and problems, but they don't present them in a negative way.

Besides, with all the major issues and delays in this game, how do you even sort out what's a "unsubstantiated rumor"? Promised content might as well be an unsubstantiated rumor LOL!! This game was a mess until the progression update.
    You asked for it...

My point is how do you begin to defend the launch product and myriad of balance and bug issues long enough to even sort out what's "unsubstantiated"? Where's the foundation to even stand on? The progression update is what finally gave this game a that foundation. So no I don't care what people were saying about this game before that when Battlefront 2 was the easiest target in gaming.

They haven't improved. They still have massively clickbaity titles and thumbnails, and their "commentary" (for lack of a better word) is still over-the-top positive with ideas, theories, and suggestions for this game that are just ridiculous. Case-in-point, a video posted a couple of weeks ago suggesting "Custom Hero Creation" for BFII, i.e. create your own Jedi/Sith character with customisable saber colours, outfit, species, etc, which is not only entirely improbable to ever be in this game but also laughable that they would even propose something like this knowing it's never going to happen.
    They get their viewers worked up into a frenzy over all these fantastical ideas and then these lemmings get mad at DICE for not doing something that was never going to happen in the first place.

My point exactly. Every game should have this problem...a youtuber that is over the top positive, providing hopeful content ideas for the future. Meanwhile most of the others are pretty depressing to watch, not that there's been much good news for them to report.

Is this a FireGuyGaming reference?

nah, but now that you mention it...lol
  • If it was delayed, hopefully it was delayed pending new vehicles for ground to air transport to the inside of the capital ships, or pending new maps for the mode.
  • Hmmm, I feel a strong delay smell in the air...
  • Piscettios
    5608 posts Member
    edited February 5
    Omniscient wrote: »

Office Space video removed due to swearing. - EA_Cian

Yeah...

Haha this crossed my mind when reading through this thread as well.

But with how things have gone, Dooku aside, it’s very hard not to lean towards the feels of delays and disappointment.
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • I'm giving them to end of February then I'm out. And I'm taking ball.

My autistic son and I waited long enough for this large mode offline to play together.
  • I would really like to believe that it's coming this month but everyone knows with dice and ea in the driver's seat some random shortcuts are gonna be taken that get them lost.
    "Jawas are the key to Life"- ME

• Far cry new dawn looks fun.
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    Far cry new dawn looks fun.

What has that to do with any of this? :lol: :lol: :lol:
    "Jawas are the key to Life"- ME

• Seems like a PR scam to bring back ppl to the game. Fall for it at your expense
  • DarthLuke wrote: »
    Seems like a PR scam to bring back ppl to the game. Fall for it at your expense

Perhaps in Opposite World that might be true, but here in the real world the further delay of a major new large-scale mode that has been touted for months is NOT a PR tactic to bring people back to the game. It's probably about the worst that could happen to your PR at this stage. If anything it will cause more people to leave because they're tired of being letdown and disappointed all the time.
    As Captain America said:
    sl92pv6glf5v.jpg
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • They have no problem putting out unfinished heroes, maybe modes are different. This is no surprise. They have to stretch out all they can until December.
  • Titan mode cancelled instead it will be replaced with a Star Wars trivia game mode.

I vote for rap battles or maybe HvV dance off

61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Relmets
    1946 posts Member
    Titan mode cancelled instead it will be replaced with a Star Wars trivia game mode.

I vote for rap battles or maybe HvV dance off

emotes when
    [+3748 posts]
  • Yes it’s not been officially announced, but I just don’t see why you would load up events EVERY weekend of the month when a highly desired new large scale mode is supposed to come.
    You would want all the focus to be put on getting people to try and play the new flavor... yet every event is geared towards GA, and the ones that don’t specifically say GA, are limited rotation. Which we know isn’t going to be the case with the new mode. No way they drop the new mode with tons of maps then limit them right away.

Happy to be wrong, but it just screams March right now.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Yes it’s not been officially announced, but I just don’t see why you would load up events EVERY weekend of the month when a highly desired new large scale mode is supposed to come.
    You would want all the focus to be put on getting people to try and play the new flavor... yet every event is geared towards GA, and the ones that don’t specifically say GA, are limited rotation. Which we know isn’t going to be the case with the new mode. No way they drop the new mode with tons of maps then limit them right away.

True... but they just released a new marquee hero with limited fanfare and restricted his availability on his opening weekend... none of which makes any sense either lol.
  • No worries, the release date is the 29th.
    #StarWars-y
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    Far cry new dawn looks fun.

What has that to do with any of this? :lol: :lol: :lol:

It won't be delayed. 😁😁😂
  • Would you rather them release something unfinished or wait until March?
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • No worries, the release date is the 29th.

I will believe it when I see it!
  • hsf_
    1692 posts Member

5char
  • You shouldn't be surprised by anything at this point. Always keep your expectations low, you should. :wink:
  • DarthJ
    6155 posts Member
    Lagodaki wrote: »
    Would you rather them release something unfinished or wait until March?

No, I would just like them to stick to deadlines that they set for us
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    edited February 5
    DarthJ wrote: »

Yup... its socializing 101... never commit to a specific time, unless you can commit to that specific time... otherwise just say "ya ya I will be there later today!"

As far as info on this...

w8va45poxle21.jpg

and F8RGE also stated
    If it wasn't near ready then we've been playing some very interesting prototypes during playtests. You should know the drill on assets by now, they usually get dropped very closely the to the release of whatever they are focused on.

and
    You should know me by now that I'm always happy to communicate things as soon as I can, even before I should in some cases. Right now though, I just need a bit more time.

There are multiple CTs on the way, two in approvals now and I believe Jay's on Anakin should be hitting approvals by the end of this week. We've got the info, we've got assets on the way (I hope!).

and
    Only what I said on Twitter, we'll be talking more about the new game mode in a CT (which is currently in approvals). Can't say anything else right now. Know it's frustrating, share the frustration. Sorry.
  • ArchAngeL_777
    1669 posts Member
    edited February 5

Yup... its socializing 101... never commit to a specific time, unless you can commit to that specific time... otherwise just say "ya ya I will be there later today!"

w8va45poxle21.jpg

and F8RGE also stated
    If it wasn't near ready then we've been playing some very interesting prototypes during playtests. You should know the drill on assets by now, they usually get dropped very closely the to the release of whatever they are focused on.

and
    You should know me by now that I'm always happy to communicate things as soon as I can, even before I should in some cases. Right now though, I just need a bit more time.

There are multiple CTs on the way, two in approvals now and I believe Jay's on Anakin should be hitting approvals by the end of this week. We've got the info, we've got assets on the way (I hope!).

and
    Only what I said on Twitter, we'll be talking more about the new game mode in a CT (which is currently in approvals). Can't say anything else right now. Know it's frustrating, share the frustration. Sorry.

I'd love to get excited about this, but at this point it's the same tired old song. We've been hearing talk like this for almost year now. Early last year they were talking up how many exciting ideas they had for content.

And what assets are they talking about? If it's manpower, we've been hearing that for months too.

Just how long do they think people will wait? Wait on a game that took 6 months just to fix the launch issues and another 6 months to get us what amounts to a map pack worth of content. Wait on a game when we know EA moved on and vectored assets to Battlefield V. So why should we not do the same when a flood of new games are about to arrive?

It's time to just deliver.

w8va45poxle21.jpg

and F8RGE also stated

and

and

I'd love to get excited about this, but at this point it's the same tired old song. We've been hearing talk like this for almost year now. Early last year they were talking up how many exciting ideas they had for content.

And what assets are they talking about? If it's manpower, we've been hearing that for months too.

Just how long do they think people will wait? Wait on a game that took 6 months just to fix the launch issues and another 6 months to get us what amounts to a map pack worth of content. Wait on a game when we know EA moved on and vectored assets to Battlefield V. So why should we not do the same when a flood of new games are about to arrive?

It's time to just deliver.

I never get excited for stuff they are talking about. I know EA's history well (I worked for Gamespy in the early 2000's when I thought working in the game industry would be "fun" and had the "pleasure" of interacting with EALA). With EA, expect exactly what you get when you purchase the game, and nothing more... anything else they end up delivering is just bonus.
  • All the signs are saying it's delayed, however until we get a response further speculation is just that
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Yes it’s not been officially announced, but I just don’t see why you would load up events EVERY weekend of the month when a highly desired new large scale mode is supposed to come.

True... but they just released a new marquee hero with limited fanfare and restricted his availability on his opening weekend... none of which makes any sense either lol.

Dooku has been shown no love at all, no double xp and restricted his availability the moment he arrived
  • The February Calendar has no mention of the new game mode.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/129789/february-community-calendar#latest

Perhaps that doesn’t mean anything regarding the new mode, but I suspect it does.

It does show the mood and mentality of this community when there is a missing piece of info in a community calendar and we all assume the worst and start slating EA and DICE.

It might all be fine?
  • DarthJ
    6155 posts Member
    The February Calendar has no mention of the new game mode.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/129789/february-community-calendar#latest

Perhaps that doesn’t mean anything regarding the new mode, but I suspect it does.

It does show the mood and mentality of this community when there is a missing piece of info in a community calendar and we all assume the worst and start slating EA and DICE.

It might all be fine?

I'd like to hope so, and @t3hBar0n evidence of tweets/comments from community managers suggests they might be wanting to hype it up as its own entity.

But can't help the pessimism kicking in and as soon as I didn't see any mention of it, I thought delayed straight off. I would still say in my head I am thinking 80% likely delayed.
  • ux3lprdal8gt.png

I still feel that it is being delayed (maybe until March or a hotfix after February's patch). The way he words all his answers related to the new mode is really strange when he could just say that the mode is still coming with the next patch. The mode is already announced in the old roadmap and the website as coming February, so there shouldn't be a reason for not saying everything is going as planned.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/an6u97/at_least_a_little_hope_of_the_new_mode_they_are/efsdk6i/?context=1000
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Jakeman wrote: »

Youtube videos are a terrible source of accurate information.

but i wouldn't be surprised if the mode is delayed.
    Proud EX-Member of MordorHQ (RIP) A.K.A EA UK Forums (RIP)
  • All I care about is them making the game mode 64 players with multi-seated vehicles. Really want to ride an LAAT with my friends and occasionally laugh as they crash and kill us all. Or play as Darth Vader and land with a group of storm troopers out of a Lambda shuttle. That'd be sick. Do those two things and I am 100% happy.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    As you all know, i'd gladly say stuff but in this instance I can't. The game mode is coming, and I'm hoping you'll enjoy it (we've been having fun with it).

Full details in the not so distant future.

Oh my god you’ve just saved me from a heart-attack 😆
  • DarthJ
    6155 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »
    ux3lprdal8gt.png

I still feel that it is being delayed (maybe until March or a hotfix after February's patch). The way he words all his answers related to the new mode is really strange when he could just say that the mode is still coming with the next patch. The mode is already announced in the old roadmap and the website as coming February, so there shouldn't be a reason for not saying everything is going as planned.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/an6u97/at_least_a_little_hope_of_the_new_mode_they_are/efsdk6i/?context=1000

Yeah - still think its a minor delay at the very least
  • hsf_ wrote: »

5char

The reason at f8rge can’t say anything is because it is a PR Scam. He has been told not not say anything because we need to extended gameplay
  • DarthLuke wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »

5char

The reason at f8rge can’t say anything is because it is a PR Scam. He has been told not not say anything because we need to extended gameplay

You would've cleared the moon and been well on your way to mars with such a jump to that conclusion.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• Jett_Fett_91166
    3131 posts Member
    edited February 5
    @F8RGE
    Thanks for the response and any chance you'll be able to leak some screen shots and or any material about the new mode in the near future? Any info about the most anticipated mode of the SWBF franchise would be appreciated.
    #StarWars-y
  • I just hope this new mode is all that ita cracked up to be and not a bugged mess, kinda get the feeling this game is riding on this game mode

w8va45poxle21.jpg

and F8RGE also stated

and

and

The new guy telling us to “be patient”. Craziness.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I think it might be other way arround now. It is possible that the roadmap was just not done well.

We assuming the roadmap did not include it on purpose. Now knowing DICE I would not be surprised if they forgot what they had planned because of the PR being on moon, while release team is on Jupiter

w8va45poxle21.jpg

and F8RGE also stated

and

and

The new guy telling us to “be patient”. Craziness.

"be patient"+"it sucks"= it's delayed
  • Saving all my credits for trooper skins.

I think they are not saying anything because a bug in the offline large scale mode and they are not sure they can get it out by the end of the month.

Also if it's not out at the end of the month there are other games I will move to. So I will long on and get 500 credits every day then play Apex, far cry new dawn, or other games.

No big deal anymore used to seeing my kid cry because of this game.

One thing for sure is that I will never pay real money for anything EA dice or anything under EA again.

This is just one PR fail after another. How in the world you going to stop the ones that you hire to talk to the players to not talk to them? Good or bad let them say hey this is not going to happen cause or this is going to happen at later date.

They are trying to get us mad at the ones that talk not the ones who let us down the makers.

Which is very sad and wrong. Just wrong.

"that's no way to do business"
    -darwf DND movie
  • meanwhile......

boring geonosis map for arcade
    no other arcade content
    some new characters
    still no new starfighter assault maps / improvements
    no conquest
    no private matches

and you guys moaning about new mode being delayed. get priorities straight people!
    Proud EX-Member of MordorHQ (RIP) A.K.A EA UK Forums (RIP)
  • At least we got a response now. Hopefully if it is delayed it's only by a few days or something.