criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

If you could add one game mode...

Prev1
As the title states, if you could add one game mode to Battlefront 2, what would it be? If can be anything, not necessarily something from Battlefront 2015. Personally, I would like to see a Domination style mode, that is infantry only, or only one hero per side at a time. I would love to here what you guys think! I will be keeping track of what voted for and every once in a while, I will post a comment saying the results.

Replies

• Turning Point without vehicles.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Order 66
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • bfloo
    15531 posts Member
    Frontlines with no timer, 1 hero for each side
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• ZephanUnbound
    2933 posts Member
    edited February 5
    The upcoming large scale game mode is probably my most wanted, assuming it actually plays like it should, and has ground capture points that control gun placements which weaken the enemy capital ship's shields and proper pilotable LAAT's (Republic), HMP's (Separatists), IDT's (Empire), and U-Wing's (Rebels) for dropping off teammates in the enemy hangar once their shields are down.

Other than that, my most wanted is HvV Deathmatch because I'm just not a fan of the target system in HvV currently.

This but also DZ as a small competitive mode

• superdood92
    398 posts Member
    edited February 5
    If can be anything, not necessarily something from Battlefront 2015.

I see no reason why most of the game modes from BF1 were just left out of this game, causing it to suffer tremendously, imo. Extraction has only two maps, yet I find games in it faster than strike. Clearly the demand for the old game modes and maps is pretty high, yet they want to pretend like they don't know that.

Anywho, I would enjoy seeing more competitive game modes in the game like Dodgeball and Guardian from Gears of War, or maybe even Oddball from Halo. The game modes would have to be tweaked a bit obviously, but it could totally work, imo.

Horde or Firefight mode would be enjoyable too. I recently got the Han Solo smuggler skin, and some of the challenges to get it were actually pretty difficult, so a Horde mode similar to the arcade challenges played with 2 or 3 other players would be very enjoyable.
  • As the title states, if you could add one game mode to Battlefront 2, what would it be?
    A version of GA with 1 Hero per side at a time, and 2 Enforcers/Aerials at a time, all era-accurate. I'd go back to playing GA regularly for the first time in like 6 months.
  • Lee1981
    1985 posts Member
    HvV from bf15
  • Large scale 32v32 40min 999 troops per side all ships and vehicles blast style game mode 2 heroes per side.

I would call "battles" also for offline minus AI heroes.
  • Drop Zone.
  • Cargo
  • Battlestation on death star, trench run etc. Best of the Best !

You only get one :o
  • Custom Mode Maker:
    I want a mode similar to FORGE from Halo. You could design maps, weapons, troopers, and heroes in this mode. This would free us from relying on EA/DICE to drop content and let us create it ourselves, what could be better than that!?

You only get one :o

Okay easy DZ
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1189 posts Member
    edited February 5
    - HvV of Bf2015

- Conquest mode with 64 players

- Bounty hunter mode: (Boba Fett,Bosk,Dengar, Greedo) Vs (One heroe +12 troopers). The heroe must survive

1bfioawlu399.png

Please
  • Jakeman wrote: »
    Custom Mode Maker:
    I want a mode similar to FORGE from Halo. You could design maps, weapons, troopers, and heroes in this mode. This would free us from relying on EA/DICE to drop content and let us create it ourselves, what could be better than that!?

no way in heck would they ever give players taht kind of freedom. lol
  • DropZone just as it was, nothing changed, far and away the most competitive BF mode to date imo.
  • Battlestation on death star, trench run etc. Best of the Best !

Can I change my mind?! :p
  • DaxStorm wrote: »
    Battlestation on death star, trench run etc. Best of the Best !

Battle Station was amazing. So immersive.
  • S-s-s-s-s sabotage.
  • Drop Zone. Competitive fun, and constant replayability with friends.
  • The upcoming large scale game mode is probably my most wanted, assuming it actually plays like it should, and has ground capture points that control gun placements which weaken the enemy capital ship's shields and proper pilotable LAAT's (Republic), HMP's (Separatists), IDT's (Empire), and U-Wing's (Rebels) for dropping off teammates in the enemy hangar once their shields are down.

Other than that, my most wanted is HvV Deathmatch because I'm just not a fan of the target system in HvV currently.

This. The large scale mode playing as Titan mode should.
  • Xbox1x going to see if I can play death star dlc we just need 19 more who's with me lol
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    Xbox1x going to see if I can play death star dlc we just need 19 more who's with me lol

Good luck, been trying to find a game for over a year with no success. :(
  • Real Cargo or a CTF mode.
  • Open World SW. Would like to play as either a bounty hunter, smuggler or assassin with no allegiance to any faction. Work for the Rebels or Imperials, only if the price is right.

If we are talking previous modes then I'd go with Turning Point as it was in SWBF 15 with WA a close 2nd. I was ok with vehicles in TP as I like to hunt them and still do in GA. Would really like a large mode without heroes as I'm just tired of the hero spam in GA in addition to playing the same maps we've had for months. The game needs new maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • Titan mode.
    Other options are King of the Hill (both sides fighting to capture a large central area), Capture the Flag, and there was a mode I forgot the name of where there are three nodes (one in each base and one in the middle) and if your team captures one your team scores points until the enemy steals it. It was used in the High Moon Cybertron games, but I don't think either Battlefront had something like it.
    I also like the other Ideas mentioned.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Hero/Villain Hunt.
  • Some variation of Operation Knightfall.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Some variation of Operation Knightfall.

What's that?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • bfloo
    15531 posts Member
    DaxStorm wrote: »
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    Xbox1x going to see if I can play death star dlc we just need 19 more who's with me lol

Sunday mornings EST I get lobbies, on US East.

h846398gb27k.png

• superdood92
    398 posts Member
    edited February 6

it was flawed because the defending team would lose on purpose because if they won, then they couldn't go to the second phase.

I say reintroduce the mode, but make it so the game doesn't end just because one team one in the first phase.

This is a big problem in a lot of DICE game modes. Certain teams are discouraged to win because if they do, the game ends, and therefore the fun ends. lol
  • Galactic conquest.

I played it this weekend and there were lots of players in every DLC playlist. During work hours during the week? nah.

I think it's about time they spend a wee bit of time integrating the DLC maps from BF2015 into the entire game. Leaving them separate playlists just spoils it for the BF2015 community, and believe me, there are a lot of try-hards and dedicated players who play it still.

Also, it's only a four year old game, which isn't that old at all. Lots of people prefer BF2015 over BF2017 and it just sucks so much to see that the game is getting practically zero support.

• bfloo wrote: »

I only find lobby under large modes. Within 5 to 10 mins. Played Scarif once in a blue 🌙.

Still looking for bespin lobby
  • bfloo
    15531 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

I only find lobby under large modes. Within 5 to 10 mins. Played Scarif once in a blue 🌙.

Still looking for bespin lobby

I can always get Cargo, HvV, WA and OR, regardless of day or time. Weekends I can get Bespin any time, though it empties out for FS. Sunday mornings are the only time I can get DS for some reason, which is of course my fav one :'(

I haven't tried scarif (didn't like this dlc at all) or the other base modes I didn't mention, you'd need to try them to see.

h846398gb27k.png

• Hero hunt.
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »

What's that?

Operation Knightfall is basically Order 66. That's what the Jedi Purge was apparently called in canon. Or so I'm told.

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

Youngling Hunt

zc94rhjn54ys.png

61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st

Youngling Hunt

zc94rhjn54ys.png

Roses are red.

Violets are blue.

Master Skywalker, there are too many of them, what are we going to do?

y6qvidach2x9.png

Unwarycoin wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »

What's that?

Operation Knightfall is basically Order 66. That's what the Jedi Purge was apparently called in canon. Or so I'm told.
    This is the first I heard of that name.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Conquest with a minimum of 4 areas to capture and control. Some maps, maybe 6 control points. A timed battle unless all control points are captured. The team with the most areas controlled the longest, wins if all areas aren't controlled at the same time. 32 vs 32 or minimum of 20 vs 20. I would like a limit of heroes, enforcers, jet troopers, ships, speeders.

We want an all out war. I don't know what the new mode is that is supposedly coming, but something like the suggestions on this post seems like it could unite the player base.
    xJENARIx on XBOX and PS4
  • Battlestation death star assault ! Just do it again... Best star wars gaming experience ever. (after VR) 😅

it was flawed because the defending team would lose on purpose because if they won, then they couldn't go to the second phase.

Yep. I used to deliberately bash my TIE fighter into the hull of the nearest star destroyer as soon as I spawned in order to increase the chances of going on to the next phase.
  • Dash
    11616 posts Member
    edited February 8
    I’d want Drop Zone.

Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• i'd like to see something for heros vs villains - a mode which actually gives them something to do (like extraction)