criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Leia's squad shield should heal allies & stop enemies from entering it.

Her shield is a useless ability how about letting it heal her & her allies while in it. Something like " squad shield allows allies to regen max health & regen health faster. Her shield should also stop Palpatines lightning & enemies should not be able to enter her bubble. This would stop enemies from using her bubble to their advantage.

Replies

• Some sort of healing factor or ability recharge aspect to her shield would be nice. But, I think having it actually stop enemies from entering it would be ridiculous. The trolling would be out of control. I would just stand inside of it and emote flex for most of the game :D

Lmao okay maybe not that
  • The trolling potential in GA would be priceless tbh. Nobody ever runs Disruptor NT-242s these days.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • I would like some kind of "buff" when inside, but stopping enemies for entering is not a good idea. Letting her shoot through the shield is something I expected when playing her and it makes sense. If it's an improved Officer's Shield I expect it to actually give her some kind of advantage when inside.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Bad idea straight up, they said the where looking into it months ago but nothing
  • Her shield is a useless ability how about letting it heal her & her allies while in it. Something like " squad shield allows allies to regen max health & regen health faster. Her shield should also stop Palpatines lightning & enemies should not be able to enter her bubble. This would stop enemies from using her bubble to their advantage.

I had proposed long ago this
    allow leïa to be able to fire his secondary fire through the squad shield, and to have the ally inside the shield gain an accelerated reload of their 10% capacity.

this would be a huge and necessary buff
  • After thinking about GA... They should be careful about buffing allies inside the shield. I just thought of Kamino's last phase with Finn and a buffing Leia's shield... It sounds like a droid nightmare.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    After thinking about GA... They should be careful about buffing allies inside the shield. I just thought of Kamino's last phase with Finn and a buffing Leia's shield... It sounds like a droid nightmare.

its for this that DICE must to take off the cross era^^
  • Leia's squad shield works as healing shield, healing happens when you wait enough. But preventing enemies entering isn't good idea and encourages camping under shield. Only buff Leias second fire as it used to be or at least a bit higher.
  • quenaelin wrote: »
    Leia's squad shield works as healing shield, healing happens when you wait enough. But preventing enemies entering isn't good idea and encourages camping under shield. Only buff Leias second fire as it used to be or at least a bit higher.

I'd rather they reduce the charge time to something similar to Iden's secondary fire than buff the tracking again.

As is, it's far too easy to see when she's about to use it in close and simply dodge, negating its purpose as a block breaker
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Bubble shouldn't stop enemies from entering it.

It should stop lightning and force abilities (choke, throw, freeze, etc).

I always thought it would be cool if it released a burst of bacta every few seconds. Like maybe 50HP every 4 seconds. Could heal troopers, enforcers and heroes....but only up to their regen threshold. So if Obi Wan can only regen back to 400HP total because he has already taken permanent damage, then he would receive 50HP until he gets to 400HP but not exceed it.

An alternative is to decrease the recharge time for players abilities or decrease the time before health regen begins or increase regen speed. Any of those would promote more team play which would be nice to see more often.
  • Oh, and Alt-fire absolutely should NOT fire through the bubble. You would have a Leia camped at the back of every map, protected by the bubble, spamming her alt fire even more than she already does. Heck, I would start doing it too. Any smart player would do it. That would be awful.

E-11 could fire through the bubble because you actually need to be fairly close your target to dish out maximum damage.
  • Her shield is primarily a GA ability, like almost all of Finn’s are. Blocking lightning is a must though.
  • bfloo
    15509 posts Member
    Her shield is primarily a GA ability, like almost all of Finn’s are. Blocking lightning is a must though.

It is great for baiting enemies in HvV ;)
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I don't think it should prevent opponents from entering, but it should block lightning abilities, acid launcher and the glare from flash grenade. Also, some sort of faster cooldown and health regen would be nice.
    I feel like it would cause 4 lightside heroes to camp inside constantly in HvV... Not something I'd enjoy playing against

You mean like how the DS team camps around Phasma's droid in HvV?
  • Oh, and Alt-fire absolutely should NOT fire through the bubble. You would have a Leia camped at the back of every map, protected by the bubble, spamming her alt fire even more than she already does. Heck, I would start doing it too. Any smart player would do it. That would be awful.

E-11 could fire through the bubble because you actually need to be fairly close your target to dish out maximum damage.

You can already do that if no one decides to go disruptor NT to ruin your party

just bunnyhop and fire around the shield. Go inside when you get a strafer/vehicle or whatever. Too EZ

Standing inside wouldn't make a difference. With shield+ 300 regen she's already immortal to ranged kills played properly.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Bubble shouldn't stop enemies from entering it.

It should stop lightning and force abilities (choke, throw, freeze, etc).

I always thought it would be cool if it released a burst of bacta every few seconds. Like maybe 50HP every 4 seconds. Could heal troopers, enforcers and heroes....but only up to their regen threshold. So if Obi Wan can only regen back to 400HP total because he has already taken permanent damage, then he would receive 50HP until he gets to 400HP but not exceed it.

An alternative is to decrease the recharge time for players abilities or decrease the time before health regen begins or increase regen speed. Any of those would promote more team play which would be nice to see more often.

I like all of these ideas.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I don't think it should prevent opponents from entering, but it should block lightning abilities, acid launcher and the glare from flash grenade. Also, some sort of faster cooldown and health regen would be nice.
    I feel like it would cause 4 lightside heroes to camp inside constantly in HvV... Not something I'd enjoy playing against

Easier to counter even. Sounds like a good way for Papa Vader to walk in and give the whole LS comp a group hug
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• bfloo
    15509 posts Member
    I don't think it should prevent opponents from entering, but it should block lightning abilities, acid launcher and the glare from flash grenade. Also, some sort of faster cooldown and health regen would be nice.

Easier to counter even. Sounds like a good way for Papa Vader to walk in and give the whole LS comp a group hug

sitting in Leia's shield is a death trap
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I pop it if I’m getting chased/flanked or if Boba is in the vicinity. I also drop a shield if I’m low health against a saber hero and just roll in and out of it for as long as I can. No free kills for the button mashers.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh

just bunnyhop and fire around the shield. Go inside when you get a strafer/vehicle or whatever. Too EZ

Standing inside wouldn't make a difference. With shield+ 300 regen she's already immortal to ranged kills played properly.

cheap ****
  • Admiral_Xen
    2727 posts Member
    edited February 6
    Oh, and Alt-fire absolutely should NOT fire through the bubble. You would have a Leia camped at the back of every map, protected by the bubble, spamming her alt fire even more than she already does. Heck, I would start doing it too. Any smart player would do it. That would be awful.

cheap ****

cry about it, and remember to send me the hatemail.

Too easy to avoid Leia given the map geometry, but that team got salty and chose to deploy a million snipers, aerials and waste orbital strikes that could've been dropped on the disruptors to try and take me out, in the process losing most of their walker health and subsequently the game

When teams ignore me and PTFO I don't pull in many kills, and actually have to push up. Not my fault they fed me kills.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• Terrible idea. Leia is fine as is. The last thing GA needs is another health buffing hero for the light side.

My suggestion would be to learn how to use a shield more appropriately.
  • Lagodaki
    912 posts Member
    edited February 6
    It should stop lightning, I agree with that. Having teammates regen health or faster ability recharge doesn’t sound too bad either. I have a better idea though, everyone who’s inside the shield is less vulnerable to damage. Not letting villains enter it would be silly and not really make any sense, they’ll regret coming in anyway 😉

“Shielded” Princess Leia’s shield grants friendly heroes/infantry 25% less damage, her abilities recharge faster the more that are in the shield.

And yes, it would replace “Optimized Shield Deployment”
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • If Phasmas droid can shoot, stun and detonate then I don't see why Leias shield couldn't have lightning/sabre throw blocking ability.

Blocking all force abilities might be too much though.
  • greedo1980 wrote: »
    If Phasmas droid can shoot, stun and detonate then I don't see why Leias shield couldn't have lightning/sabre throw blocking ability.

Blocking all force abilities might be too much though.

but only Dark Side is allowed to have useful powers.

lightside's role in SWBF2 is to sacrifice themselves to defend troopers
  • Agree
    Except on the stopping enemies from coming in though. That's a little trolly.
    But what about also something like more people in the sheild it can regenerate sheild?
  • Psy3d
    712 posts Member
    Disagree. Then on maps like jabba's palace...or any map you can have little camp spot...come out n spam and go back in again. In to bin is where this idea goes.
  • Lagodaki
    912 posts Member
    edited February 7
    Psy3d wrote: »
    Disagree. Then on maps like jabba's palace...or any map you can have little camp spot...come out n spam and go back in again. In to bin is where this idea goes.
    Only the dark side can have abilities that encourage camping

Seriously though, would like to know what everyone thinks of my idea a few posts up.
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction