criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

Remove Kashyyyk from HvV rotation

Prev1
For obvious reasons, Kashyyyk should not be a map for HvV. Whenever that map comes, the lightside will be composed of Luke, Obi-Wan, Yoda and a stunt abuser, while the dark side will have Kylo ren, Maul, Boba and Vader.
The goal of all these weakling will not to prove themself that they can play well, but just to show how few skill they have by pushing everyone off the ledge while hiding on top of houses while they are the target.
I barely see interestign games of HvV, but damn, Kashyyyk is the worst!

Everyone know that, just remove it and it will make that gamemode a bit better (you've never planned to save the only mode that allows you to play for a whole match as a hero even though you added 4 these pasts months, you could at least do that, this map is the opposite of "fun" )

Replies

• Lagodaki
    912 posts Member
    edited February 6
    No. Remove Kylo, Maul, Boba and Vader instead.
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • Lagodaki wrote: »
    No. Remove Kylo, Maul, Vader and Boba instead.

Why would they remove those villains?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Nah. Leave it in
  • TjPunx
    1598 posts Member
    Nothing wrong with Kashyyk. Learn how to block, keep head on a swivel and you’ll be fine
  • We just can’t afford to lose any maps. Kashyyyk maps are my least favourite across the board but we’ve got such little map variety that it still unfortunately serves purpose. Everybody hates Jakku but that’s my favourite HVV map of the lot.
  • Lagodaki
    912 posts Member
    edited February 6
    We just can’t afford to lose any maps. Kashyyyk maps are my least favourite across the board but we’ve got such little map variety that it still unfortunately serves purpose. Everybody hates Jakku but that’s my favourite HVV map of the lot.
    I know about two exploits on that map, and there’s the back part where the slope is that can be a hiding spot, explains all the hate lol
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • Relmets
    2248 posts Member
    Actually what they need to do is have a Kashyyyk and Bespin only HvV weekend

[+3748 posts]
  • Billkwando
    1937 posts Member
    edited February 6
    tamère wrote: »
    For obvious reasons, Kashyyyk should not be a map for HvV. Whenever that map comes, the lightside will be composed of Luke, Obi-Wan, Yoda and a stunt abuser, while the dark side will have Kylo ren, Maul, Boba and Vader.
    The goal of all these weakling will not to prove themself that they can play well, but just to show how few skill they have by pushing everyone off the ledge while hiding on top of houses while they are the target.

Everyone know that, just remove it and it will make that gamemode a bit better (you've never planned to save the only mode that allows you to play for a whole match as a hero even though you added 4 these pasts months, you could at least do that, this map is the opposite of "fun" )

Quit crying and learn to block/roll/dodge/possess situational awareness. Kashyyyyyk is one of the most fun HvV maps, and we got 99 problems but gravity aint one.

Kashyyyk will be much better once they finally get rid of the target system, that much is for sure.

Which will be never.

Relmets wrote: »

Sounds like my own personal version of Heaven.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Relmets wrote: »

Bespin is actually fun.

Trashyyyk is just shisithlords camping out on top of Chewbacca's house where I can't shoot them
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• I personally find it hilarious when I get hurled into the abyss. Just get somebody that can do it back to them or shoot em from a distance *shrug*
  • do you know that you can block? btw. the only time that the LS is advantaged and you deny it?
  • Of all the things wrong with Battlefront 2 and here we are requesting to have maps removed.

k723lw8cau6r.gif
  • Billkwando
    1937 posts Member
    edited February 6

Bespin is actually fun.

Trashyyyk is just shisithlords camping out on top of Chewbacca's house where I can't shoot them

LOL just gotta do the squirrel maneuver and go to the opposite side, or switch characters, but I hear ya.
    Rabid_Ewok wrote: »
    I personally find it hilarious when I get hurled into the abyss. Just get somebody that can do it back to them or shoot em from a distance *shrug*

Same! I've hurled enough folks to their doom that I don't mind the slightest when it happens to me. In fact, I can appreciate their technique as I'm flying away.
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• I found a little annoying at the beginning but now I think is fine. Makes you lot more aware of your surroundings, and pulling it off on experienced players takes some skill, and feels good :smile:

I wish there was a version of that map on the beach though, would look cool. And/or bring Scariff
  • If one team hangs indoors, eventually the others will come fight them.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • TjPunx
    1598 posts Member
    I always hang out on the one platform just down from where DS spawns. As Luke I sit there waiting for challengers. Sometimes they’re faster/lag and o get thrown off, but usually send them flying into the abyss. All the while emoting them
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    If one team hangs indoors, eventually the others will come fight them.

yep, I can have plenty of fun sitting inside emoting and drawing naughty things on the wall with Iden/Phasma's gun
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• I like kashyyk on hvv. It's not that hard to counter being pushed.

... Also I quite enjoy sending someone flying off the edge.
  • tamère wrote: »

Yes errm well, that might of been me pushing you off. Sorry, I enjoy it. EMBRACE THE DARKSIDE!
  • Why remove the map, its fun when not abused

2aaaedzr3ppm.jpg
  • Rabid_Ewok wrote: »
    I personally find it hilarious when I get hurled into the abyss. Just get somebody that can do it back to them or shoot em from a distance *shrug*
    DarthJ wrote: »
    JediJam wrote: »
    I like kashyyk on hvv. It's not that hard to counter being pushed.

... Also I quite enjoy sending someone flying off the edge.

Glad I am not the only one. Always let out a chuckle when I have Lukes extended push active and a villain goes flying for absolute miles

Extended push is like my wedding ring.......I never take it off. ;)
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• Psy3d
    781 posts Member
    @ OP - No
    /thread
  • TjPunx
    1598 posts Member
    I can’t tell if this thread is bait or not
  • Every issue BF2's HvV issue I see can be easily fixed with reintroducing the BF2015 style of HvV. There was really nothing wrong with it before so idk why they went and changed it completely.
  • Yeah remove the current version & let us fight in the venator or the beginning of phase 1
  • Yeah remove the current version & let us fight in the venator or the beginning of phase 1

Just remove the whole game and update BF2015.

Mind = blown.
  • itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • I actually find these maps more entertaining, both sides have pushes so it's not unfair, and it gives some diversity to the block spamming fest that is usually HvV, also I have so much fun sending people flying, last but not least, you can simply block to avoid getting pushed, or if you are a blaster hero, roll dodge or stay in closed areas.
  • Change it to be the third phase GA area to fight in, bugger the treetops off. Great Strike map, awful for HvV.

Just remove the whole game and update BF2015.

Mind = blown.

Nah while the game modes are better this is a far superior game
  • Relmets
    2248 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »

Skywalker/Maul player?
    QA9aWjx.gif

Bespin is actually fun.

I forgot to mention it would also be a Janina Jet Pack weekend as well
    [+3748 posts]
    I barely see interesting games of HvV...
    I'm telling you, Hero Showdown is far more interesting and fun. Much more strategic, and calmer. I never play HvV anymore.
    • The elimination feature means that players are less likely to just rush you.
    • 2v2 is far less chaotic than 3v3, and allows for better strategy - and is often guaranteed to create situations where it's a 1v1 duel.

It can take a few minutes to find players on occasion, but once you do - it's really fun.
    PRIORITY LISTS
    HEROES:
    Commander Cody - the Empire has Iden, the First Order has Phasma. Give us a soldier-based hero for the Republic!
    GA MAPS
    Utapau
    Mygeeto
  • I especially look forward to Kashyyyk, Bespin and to a lesser extent Kamino and Theed to push all those cocky Vaders, pesky Emperors and elusive Bobas into oblivion. Best fun and tastiest salt!
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with Kashyyk. Learn how to block, keep head on a swivel and you’ll be fine

Or more importantly, be aware of where you are standing. I love Kashyyk as even when the enemy is inside the tree I can throw them down the hole in there using Maul's Force throw, and riccocheting them off the walls.

I mean what next? Get rid of Cherwie's bowcaster cause it can't be blocked? Lando's disabler? Palpatine's force lightning?
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Why are limited to the treetops of Kashyyyk? Why not rotate in the Kashyyyk hanger, between and in the Turbo Tanks, and the beach? That would be like getting 3 new maps from a already existing map and all EA/DICE has to do is move around the boundaries!
  • I love Kashyyyk. Won as LS last night on there, playing as Leia. Nice and easy :)

Im always game for less prequel content. Its not a good map for HVV
  • jonci
    1113 posts Member
    tamère wrote: »

Seems to me your posts are all about complaining about HVV, do everyone a favour and don't play it. Its pathetic suggestions like yours that get picked up and then implemented and then add to the already woeful mess that is left of this game.
  • Lol, it is one of the best maps of the game. Instead, remove Takodana, Jakku, Yavin IV, Geonosis (yes, I want the damn hangar), Starkiller Base (yes, I want the snowy forest)
  • MC_XIX
    1926 posts Member
    I've been saying this since 2017. With all of its ledges and holes, the map encourages a very unsportsmanlike style of play. Why engage in a fight with an enemy when you can just wait until their back is turned to OHKO them by pressing a button?

Yes, I know you can mind your surroundings and watch out for enemies, but the truth is that an enemy will push you off a ledge on Kashyyyk if they are determined to. Blaster heroes on this map spend more time falling to their deaths than anything else.

Also, if the DS or LS decides to camp in one of the huts around the edges of the map, good luck getting inside. Phasma's droid will be centrally placed waiting for you, or there will be 3 force pushes ready to knock you off the map.
  • bfloo
    15738 posts Member
    While I generally don't like taking content away, this map needs a complete rework.

Ledging lost its appeal and entertainment value ages ago.

I just quit when ever it comes up now.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

Skywalker/Maul player?
    QA9aWjx.gif

Bespin is actually fun.

tumblr_mw0ga2C7sS1s3zkl4o1_500.gif

flying and shooting blue balls at glowbat peasants = the bees knees with extra cheese

61tgj36mc1n9.png

Skywalker/Maul player?
    QA9aWjx.gif

Bespin is actually fun.

tumblr_mw0ga2C7sS1s3zkl4o1_500.gif

flying and shooting blue balls at glowbat peasants = the bees knees with extra cheese

1gakmbcqlcxf.png
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Jakku as well. The layout of the map is to skewed and awkward.