criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

Remove Kashyyyk from HvV rotation

2Next

Replies

• Relmets wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Sounds like my own personal version of Heaven.

Skywalker/Maul player?

Yes indeed. Though with Maul having been broken for months, I became a Skywalker/Ren player, and have done some very nasty things with Pull. Now that Maul is back, I'm often torn between the two.

Bear in mind, I don't need a ledge nearby, but they're certainly nice to have:

ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Kamykatz wrote: »
    I especially look forward to Kashyyyk, Bespin and to a lesser extent Kamino and Theed to push all those cocky Vaders, pesky Emperors and elusive Bobas into oblivion. Best fun and tastiest salt!

Ohhhhh yes!

and just because lol:

ZI7BNkU.gif

• Does everyone complaining about the LS on this map realize the DS has Maul and Kylo. I know Maul can’t block pushes but you can be sneaky. The DS can also camp in the center of the map with Bossk and Phasma, just need to be a little careful because of those death pits in there.
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    Kamykatz wrote: »
    I especially look forward to Kashyyyk, Bespin and to a lesser extent Kamino and Theed to push all those cocky Vaders, pesky Emperors and elusive Bobas into oblivion. Best fun and tastiest salt!

Ohhhhh yes!

and just because lol:

wait, wait, second vid with Luke, Grievous clearly runs you over with Claw Rush you were not blocking, and you didn't fall?

I get knocked down by GG even when he sneezes.
    Quit crying and learn to block/roll/dodge/possess situational awareness. Kashyyyyyk is one of the most fun HvV maps, and we got 99 problems but gravity aint one.

Have you ever considered that you cannot roll nor deflect while jumping ? (which is the usual way to reach the target hiding on the treehouse's roof)
    Therefore if you try to reach the target patiently waiting for you to jump, you'll just receive a nasty force push, and down the void you go. So tell me, how do you avoid a force push yet still manage to kill a target hiding on a tree? And this is a genuine question. Please share with me some tips, this is how we make an exchange progress!
    jonci wrote: »
    Seems to me your posts are all about complaining about HVV, do everyone a favour and don't play it. Its pathetic suggestions like yours that get picked up and then implemented and then add to the already woeful mess that is left of this game.

Okay then, I want to play online, instantly and non-stop as a hero in this game, how do I do it?
    GA requires to grind a lot and you aren't sure you'll face off another hero. Showdown is interesting, but the time you play as a specific hero is too short.
    If something is faulty, then I shouldn't play it? I thought the forum was here to give an opinion about what we don't appreciate about this game. What if I told you "you don't like different opinions of the BF2 forums? Do everyone a favor and don't check it. " or even "if you don't like my posts, then don't pay attntion to them" .
    Surely Dice won't just read my topics and make their mind about it, they take the general state of mind of the playerbase, and I know for sure that I'm far from being the only one complaining about heroes in this game. I've written these two recents topics after hours and hours spent on this gamemode because I felt with the time that something was not right, this wasn't sudden, I thought about it and I decided to post my concerns on the forum because I want to love this mode, I had some good times on it (I would have stopped otherwise) but it's a love/hate thing with it. Yes the target system is a controversial thing, yes some maps are atrocious to play on, yes the characters are far from being balanced, but there's something fun about it too.
    You suggest I stop playing it, well a lot of people should stop too then if we follow your advise. When there is a problem, we try to fix it, not turn our back on it.

me5p5kt395rf.gif

• Of all the real issues with this game, Kashyyyk is definitely not one of them. It actually adds a little variety. To me Genossis is simply a larger version of Starkiller base.

giphy.gif
  • Pushing someone off the Map is life bro, with a bit of game understanding you can easy avoid those situatuins, force push on maps like kashyyk, bespin, kamino &.. is like chess and a hell lot of fun :smiley:

• This is a star wars game, it'd be ridiculous if you couldn't use the force to eliminate somebody

You can counter it. You can block and it's obvious if someone is using this approach, as they have to be a Luke, Obi,Yoda, Maul, Kylo and position themselves right by the edge in a way that means you'd go in the direction needed to fall off. VERY EASY to predict.

Also, it is really fun to send people flying off the edge. It's funny. I even find it amusing when it's done to me. I was the emperor and was pushed off, just as he screamed "Unlimited Poweeeerrrr!" as he went flying into the abyss with his lightning sparking off everywhere
  • Pushing someone off the Map is life bro, with a bit of game understanding you can easy avoid those situatuins, force push on maps like kashyyk, bespin, kamino &.. is like chess and a hell lot of fun :smiley:

This is a star wars game, it'd be ridiculous if you couldn't use the force to eliminate somebody

You can counter it. You can block and it's obvious if someone is using this approach, as they have to be a Luke, Obi,Yoda, Maul, Kylo and position themselves right by the edge in a way that means you'd go in the direction needed to fall off. VERY EASY to predict.

Also, it is really fun to send people flying off the edge. It's funny. I even find it amusing when it's done to me. I was the emperor and was pushed off, just as he screamed "Unlimited Poweeeerrrr!" as he went flying into the abyss with his lightning sparking off everywhere

I don't know guys...I can understand that people have fun doing it, and of course it's predictible AF what's gonna happen to you, but still I rarely fight alongisde people who can avoid it...And I'm quite bad at it as well.
    Don't get me wrong I'm good at this mode, but I always find this hide n' push game boring because I long for real fights, real challenges
  • Billkwando
    1939 posts Member
    edited February 11
    tamère wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Quit crying and learn to block/roll/dodge/possess situational awareness. Kashyyyyyk is one of the most fun HvV maps, and we got 99 problems but gravity aint one.

Have you ever considered that you cannot roll nor deflect while jumping ? (which is the usual way to reach the target hiding on the treehouse's roof)
    Therefore if you try to reach the target patiently waiting for you to jump, you'll just receive a nasty force push, and down the void you go. So tell me, how do you avoid a force push yet still manage to kill a target hiding on a tree? And this is a genuine question. Please share with me some tips, this is how we make an exchange progress!

Fair enough!
    • The main component is teamwork, if possible. If two of you jump up at once, far enough apart...
    • Squirrel method: If you approach a squirrel on a tree trunk, it will scoot around to the other side. When people do this, if you have a blaster on the other side, they can attack.
    • Maul and Luke can both Push/Throw in the air, on the way up. If you time it right, you can "ai uchi", as the Japanese call it (Mutual death). If you're not the target, it doesn't matter if you die.
    • Try to approach pushers from walkways. If they push you straight back, and you're lined up with the walkway, with any luck you will land on the platform behind you.
    • Kylo's extended pull will yank somebody right off a roof, from farther than you'd think.
    • Rey can make them walk off, Obi Wan can negate their push.

These are just the ideas that come right off the top of my head. :)
    ZI7BNkU.gif

Kamykatz wrote: »

Ohhhhh yes!

and just because lol:

wait, wait, second vid with Luke, Grievous clearly runs you over with Claw Rush you were not blocking, and you didn't fall?

I get knocked down by GG even when he sneezes.

2 things. It was a very early pre-patch version of Greebus...like first day he was out or so. Also, I think I was locked up from Vader's saber strikes, so that might've kept me from going flying.
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• Are you seriously suggesting to remove maps. No. We need more maps not less. Kashyyk is fun map to push opponents over the ledge. There is nothing wrong with that.
  • _Master_Sypher_Dias
    749 posts Member
    edited February 11
    This game should add maps, not remove them. You don't have to play hide and push, at least I never hide, I make it obvious because it's funnier that way.

Maul: ....
    Obi Wan: "Hello there" ........
    Obi Wan: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Maul: "The Sith are all powerful."
    Myself: (Evil cackle) MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!