criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Bias and mod harassment

Problems I experienced goes from titles that dont violate community guidelines being altered to posts being closed down for no real justified reason. Recently I created a thread entitled "We need an authentic mode in battlefront 2." One thing I noticed was that the title was changed to "In favor of era accuracy" without any reason, is there a rule that forbids similar titles? because I never saw anything even slightest close to It. Did the mod just didn't like how It sounded?

And then second problem, today I created a tread about the new mode with my hopes and ideas to It. Few minutes after It got closed down and I received a link and a message saying "this disscussion already exists" even though if you read my post and the one the link sent me you will see they are diametrically different from start to end. reading seems to be something the mod didnt bother doing. In my first sentence I pointed out that the new mode has been delayed, which was all the other post the link sent me was about in contrast to mine where I moved on to the topic after pointing that fact out. Perhaps that shill didn't like the fact I was pointing 'EA' out in the title and in the post and criticizing their failure to deliver promised content in the past. Maybe he knew the ideas I suggested was not in EA's plans and would bring further dissapointment to fans if they expected the things I mentioned.

Mods shouldn't be allowed to violate peoples speech by cherry picking what they like and what they don't. There should be restrictions to how they use their power and every action should be monitored. At the moment this community is a joke and I don't plan in ever writting another tread as It seems to be a waste of time and energy. I won't allow my intelligence to be further insulted when I'm forced to stay in safe spaces because my views don't align with somebody else's. Place looks more like a college campus more than anything else. Unfortunately Im not used being around left winged authoritarian snowflake types that have disregard for free speech, which seems to be EA's inclination.

With that said I doubt anything will be done about this, this is a heads up more than anything else for things you are likely to experience in the future in this community.

Replies

• Discussion of moderation is not allowed. If you have issues with threads being closed or changed, you can take it up with a moderator. They will happily explain their reasons. @EA_Cian is always very helpful with me.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • David1543 wrote: »
    Problems I experienced goes from titles that dont violate community guidelines being altered to posts being closed down for no real justified reason. Recently I created a thread entitled "We need an authentic mode in battlefront 2." One thing I noticed was that the title was changed to "In favor of era accuracy" without any reason, is there a rule that forbids similar titles? because I never saw anything even slightest close to It. Did the mod just didn't like how It sounded?

And then second problem, today I created a tread about the new mode with my hopes and ideas to It. Few minutes after It got closed down and I received a link and a message saying "this disscussion already exists" even though if you read my post and the one the link sent me you will see they are diametrically different from start to end. reading seems to be something the mod didnt bother doing. In my first sentence I pointed out that the new mode has been delayed, which was all the other post the link sent me was about in contrast to mine where I moved on to the topic after pointing that fact out. Perhaps that shill didn't like the fact I was pointing 'EA' out in the title and in the post and criticizing their failure to deliver promised content in the past. Maybe he knew the ideas I suggested was not in EA's plans and would bring further dissapointment to fans if they expected the things I mentioned.

Mods shouldn't be allowed to violate peoples speech by cherry picking what they like and what they don't. There should be restrictions to how they use their power and every action should be monitored. At the moment this community is a joke and I don't plan in ever writting another tread as It seems to be a waste of time and energy. I won't allow my intelligence to be further insulted when I'm forced to stay in safe spaces because my views don't align with somebody else's. Place looks more like a college campus more than anything else. Unfortunately Im not used being around left winged authoritarian snowflake types that have disregard for free speech, which seems to be EA's inclination.

With that said I doubt anything will be done about this, this is a heads up more than anything else for things you are likely to experience in the future in this community.

You mean this thread which is still titled the same as it was when you posted it???

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/128925/we-need-an-authentic-mode-in-battlefront-ll/p1
  • IronSoldier
    3724 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited February 7
    If you have a problem with moderation PM someone from the mod team.We don't do thread discussions of moderation. If a mod has made a mistake we own up and and reverse actions.

Feel free to message me here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/messages/add/ironsoldier
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!