criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

I think we've been spoiled - Stop quitting halfway through matches just because you are losing

Prev1
Imagine if as a kid, when you first started watching star-wars, you were shown this video game. I swear 99.99% of us would have been totally amazed. And we were with Battlefront 2 in 2005 and now this one in 2017. Yes, I include this one

We like star wars because it's cool and fun. If I wanted to play a really competitive game, I'd play Fortnite. Let's accept sometimes it doesn't come down to skill and it's a game where it doesn't matter if you win or lose. At the end of the day you have still ran around the death star shooting down rebels or taking on Darth Vader.

Too many times I play Hero's Versus Villans and half the losing team quits before the match is over. SOMETIMES, I get it. If no one on your team is playing, people are cheating/exploiting or a real life situation has cropped up, but more often than not, the losing team has quitters.

Maybe it's just me, maybe too strong in the force I am, but I reckon if I have experienced the losing team having quitters, others may have too?

Replies

  • How about if people aren't having fun, then they should quit out. It's just a video game. I quit all the time for various reasons. I don't owe strangers on video games my time.

    Obviously, that is true and I have said in my post there are understandable reasons. It's just why should people be sore-losers and abandon a match they are losing. If the only point to video games were winning, then a lot of people are going to be greatly disappointed
  • Psy3d
    610 posts Member
    edited February 7
    Yes I get the plebs all the time. Mainly those younoob's people with egos and a blaster party of 2/3 plebs with the guaranteed Lando player. And it's not just HvV...in GA lets say some points are lost quicker than usual...I see the losing team number shrink. I see it happen way more on consoles than pc. Like CoD:BLOPS3 there should be some sorta temp ban that if you quit mid-game you can't join the next one straight away.
    Post edited by Psy3d on
  • Yeah it's annoying! Sometimes I have bad match or my team is losing but the game is still fun. one of the best things about this game is that it's pretty much just as much fun regardless of if you win the match. Yeah sometimes I'm playing hvv and my team is made up of 8 year old gunguns and ewoks but Id definitely have more fun finishing the match than quitting.
  • Psy3d wrote: »
    Yes I get the plebs all the time. Mainly those younoob's people with egos and a blaster party of 2/3 plebs with the guaranteed Lando player. And it's not just HvV...in GA lets say some points are lost quicker than usual...I see the losing team number shrink. I see it happen way more on consoles than pc. Like CoD:BLOPS3 there should be some sorta temp ban that if you quick mid-game you can't join the next one straight away.

    Yeah, some sort of deterrent to frequent quitters would be good - maybe a DNF match-making system would be good too, so non-quitters get match made with non-quitters. I doubt they'd do this though as match-making is already a bit meh as it is
  • JediJam wrote: »
    Yeah it's annoying! Sometimes I have bad match or my team is losing but the game is still fun. one of the best things about this game is that it's pretty much just as much fun regardless of if you win the match. Yeah sometimes I'm playing hvv and my team is made up of 8 year old gunguns and ewoks but Id definitely have more fun finishing the match than quitting.

    "8 Year old Gun-guns or ewoks!" hahahaha

  • I didn't say anything about winning. I said if they aren't having fun. I've quit out of HvV matches that I am winning 10-5 because a person on my team or the other team is a runner or map exploiter. I don't care about winning on this game. I care about having good, close, and fun matches. No one should stick around if they aren't having fun considering fun is the entire point of video games (unless you are doing it for money).

    Yeah there's reasons to quit such as if your team keep jumping of the edge whenever they are made the target... The complaint here is people quitting simply because they aren't winning. If games only existed to be won are weren't any fun then that would be awful.
  • Imagine if as a kid, when you first started watching star-wars, you were shown this video game. I swear 99.99% of us would have been totally amazed. And we were with Battlefront 2 in 2005 and now this one in 2017. Yes, I include this one

    We like star wars because it's cool and fun. If I wanted to play a really competitive game, I'd play Fortnite. Let's accept sometimes it doesn't come down to skill and it's a game where it doesn't matter if you win or lose. At the end of the day you have still ran around the death star shooting down rebels or taking on Darth Vader.

    Too many times I play Hero's Versus Villans and half the losing team quits before the match is over. SOMETIMES, I get it. If no one on your team is playing, people are cheating/exploiting or a real life situation has cropped up, but more often than not, the losing team has quitters.

    Maybe it's just me, maybe too strong in the force I am, but I reckon if I have experienced the losing team having quitters, others may have too?

    It sounds like a lot of your opponents are coming down with explosive diarrhea? I don't have the quitting problem that often, but it does happen at least once a day if I play a lot.
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    It’s the same people calling for nerds when they get killed, instead of learning how to play better

    Nerds are a huge problem too.
  • I'm a GA player and I quit some 20-30% of the time. I don't mind losing at all, but I refuse to stay in games when only 20-25% of my team is actually playing the objective. I have 2 million+ useless credits and I have little to no reason to care about sticking around for 800 credits. Especially in games where your "teammates" show more interest in shooting at the backs of their teammates when the game 1st starts than actually playing what is an objective based team game.
    ValarMorghulisDL on PSN
  • If you're going to run or glitch into walls when you start losing please do just go ahead and quit my matches.

    You're still going to lose, it's just going to take a little longer and you're going to get teabagged a lot.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

    Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    It’s the same people calling for nerds when they get killed, instead of learning how to play better

    Billkwando wrote: »
    Nerds are a huge problem too.

    Tell ‘em, Ogre!

    8r5lmmn2z6sw.gif
  • Billkwando
    1612 posts Member
    edited February 7
    How about if people aren't having fun, then they should quit out. It's just a video game. I quit all the time for various reasons. I don't owe strangers on video games my time.

    I was having fun making jokes, but then I saw this. The true spirit of team play.

    If everybody quit whenever they were losing (aka "not having fun") nobody would ever get to finish a game. Can you imagine a world in which this became the pervading attitude?

    Maybe in in 5 or 10 years there won't be anymore team games, because folks can't take a loss (reminds me of that scene with the dad in Friday).

    Real life issues, sure no problem. "Various reasons" sounds like the opposite of that.

    Edit: I see you clarified a bit, but you see my point. :)
  • Billkwando wrote: »

    It sounds like a lot of your opponents are coming down with explosive diarrhea? I don't have the quitting problem that often, but it does happen at least once a day if I play a lot.

    I'd say it happens most matches. And when it's hvv it's very noticeable
  • Psy3d
    610 posts Member
    I only like a glitcher or a Luke/Maul/Boba Map runners when they make the game long. Once I had dooku and this Luke player was running around and doing that hidden room glitch in yavin 4. The match lasted like 15+ minutes and I managed to get Dooku 3x levelled up in that match. So whenever a HvV drags on I switch to my lower level characters to build them up and get more creds on the side for achieving those milestones!

    Quitters kill the tempo since I suddenly find myself and probably some other brave soul fight a hoard of blaster spammers...usually the ones in a party who never leaves. So yeah bring in a temp ban for them early quitters!
  • Billkwando
    1612 posts Member
    edited February 7
    I'm a GA player and I quit some 20-30% of the time. I don't mind losing at all, but I refuse to stay in games when only 20-25% of my team is actually playing the objective. I have 2 million+ useless credits and I have little to no reason to care about sticking around for 800 credits. Especially in games where your "teammates" show more interest in shooting at the backs of their teammates when the game 1st starts than actually playing what is an objective based team game.

    I need to keep reminding myself that not everyone I encounter mains HvV like me. In HvV, quitting can be a major problem for the team, when it happens. In GA, nobody's even gonna notice you're gone, so quit all you want. That's my amendment to my previous statement about quitting. ;)
  • This is why this game needs not only a target removal/fix to HvV, but a some type of well thought out penalty for quitters.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    I'm a GA player and I quit some 20-30% of the time. I don't mind losing at all, but I refuse to stay in games when only 20-25% of my team is actually playing the objective. I have 2 million+ useless credits and I have little to no reason to care about sticking around for 800 credits. Especially in games where your "teammates" show more interest in shooting at the backs of their teammates when the game 1st starts than actually playing what is an objective based team game.

    I need to keep reminding myself that not everyone I encounter mains HvV like me. In HvV, quitting can be a major problem for the team, when it happens. In GA, nobody's even gonna notice you're gone, so quit all you want. That's my amendment to my previous statement about quitting. ;)

    Couldn’t state it better myself. In HvV, if I see someone camping and/or exploiting (cough cough Phasma and Boba) I just focus all my power on keeping my team’s target alive. If I see a runner, I will either try to cut them off (or do the previous).
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • The title to me just says "Please let me and my team continue to steam roll you into embarrassment all the way to the sign that says DEFEAT".
  • It's matchmaking related. Getting defeated because the other team was better, through honest competition is fine.

    Being defeated because of random blueberries decide to suck at everything is something I'll not want to take any part in more than absolutely necessary.

    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • The title to me just says "Please let me and my team continue to steam roll you into embarrassment all the way to the sign that says DEFEAT".

    I think it says two things:

    1. Stop quitting my team and letting me be humiliatingly steamrolled by a stronger opposing team!
    2. Please let me and my team earn more BP by staying around while we steamroll you into embarassment and defeat.

    On another note, if I am on a team of rookies who don’t know what teamwork is, I will generally stay with the game and try my best to make sure the game isn’t a complete shutout. I will be happy to level up my hero while seeing the 10 enemy target count remaining drop to 9.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • I can see both sides

    It's really not much fun getting beat up on a four on one HvV game because your team mates didn't like being owned

    Ultimately the OP is right though...this is just a game.
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    It's matchmaking related. Getting defeated because the other team was better, through honest competition is fine.

    Being defeated because of random blueberries decide to suck at everything is something I'll not want to take any part in more than absolutely necessary.

    Does it really matter that much if you lose? It's meant to just be fun not super competitive
  • The title to me just says "Please let me and my team continue to steam roll you into embarrassment all the way to the sign that says DEFEAT".

    I think it says two things:

    1. Stop quitting my team and letting me be humiliatingly steamrolled by a stronger opposing team!
    2. Please let me and my team earn more BP by staying around while we steamroll you into embarassment and defeat.

    On another note, if I am on a team of rookies who don’t know what teamwork is, I will generally stay with the game and try my best to make sure the game isn’t a complete shutout. I will be happy to level up my hero while seeing the 10 enemy target count remaining drop to 9.

    No I'm saying games should be about fun and not about winning/losing, because otherwise many people will be disappointed
  • The title to me just says "Please let me and my team continue to steam roll you into embarrassment all the way to the sign that says DEFEAT".

    I think it says two things:

    1. Stop quitting my team and letting me be humiliatingly steamrolled by a stronger opposing team!
    2. Please let me and my team earn more BP by staying around while we steamroll you into embarassment and defeat.

    On another note, if I am on a team of rookies who don’t know what teamwork is, I will generally stay with the game and try my best to make sure the game isn’t a complete shutout. I will be happy to level up my hero while seeing the 10 enemy target count remaining drop to 9.

    You must lose a lot
  • ZephanUnbound
    2001 posts Member
    edited February 7
    DICE really should look into adding a penalty of some kind for quitting frequently, like a 5 minute timeout every time you quit a match after you have quit at least 5 within a 1 week period. Alot of other shooters have penalties like that for frequent quitting.
  • DICE really should look into adding a penalty of some kind for quitting frequently, like a 5 minute timeout every time you quit a match after you have quit at least 5 within a 1 week period. Alot of other shooters have penalties like that for frequent quitting.

    I would absolutely support this, but it will never happen.
  • This is an interesting balance: You don't like quitters, but you also don't like people who run or camp in hopes of winning or staying alive. Both can be annoying but isn't Luke, Boba, or Maul running just using the game mechanics to try to win the match? Is it cheating? Doesn't it feel twice as good if you shoot Luke down as he's jumping over a Yavin temple? My favorite matches in HvV have been when my whole team quits. I am down 9-3 and then other players join my team and I end up winning. What a glorious feeling to be the one to keep that fight going!

    On a side note, there was a match of Strike I was in months ago. Some wookie had the flag and stationed himself in an untouchable location for a long time. Maybe an hour. At first I was upset because he was wasting my time, until saw I could level my player so quickly rather than going from match to match. It was actually quite kind of that wookie.
  • The title to me just says "Please let me and my team continue to steam roll you into embarrassment all the way to the sign that says DEFEAT".

    I think it says two things:

    1. Stop quitting my team and letting me be humiliatingly steamrolled by a stronger opposing team!
    2. Please let me and my team earn more BP by staying around while we steamroll you into embarassment and defeat.

    On another note, if I am on a team of rookies who don’t know what teamwork is, I will generally stay with the game and try my best to make sure the game isn’t a complete shutout. I will be happy to level up my hero while seeing the 10 enemy target count remaining drop to 9.

    You must lose a lot

    Indeed. I am often put on teams of rookies who don’t know how to play as a team and consequently get steamrolled. Now, I have also been on teams of randoms who have worked together and have steamrolled the other team.

    Personally, I think you also lose a lot because you are complaining about people rage quitting from your game, and they wouldn’t rage quit unless you were being steamrolled.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • The title to me just says "Please let me and my team continue to steam roll you into embarrassment all the way to the sign that says DEFEAT".

    I think it says two things:

    1. Stop quitting my team and letting me be humiliatingly steamrolled by a stronger opposing team!
    2. Please let me and my team earn more BP by staying around while we steamroll you into embarassment and defeat.

    On another note, if I am on a team of rookies who don’t know what teamwork is, I will generally stay with the game and try my best to make sure the game isn’t a complete shutout. I will be happy to level up my hero while seeing the 10 enemy target count remaining drop to 9.

    You must lose a lot

    Indeed. I am often put on teams of rookies who don’t know how to play as a team and consequently get steamrolled. Now, I have also been on teams of randoms who have worked together and have steamrolled the other team.

    Personally, I think you also lose a lot because you are complaining about people rage quitting from your game, and they wouldn’t rage quit unless you were being steamrolled.

    Alas you are wrong good sir
  • I agree. Please stop quitting mid way through. Just please wait till the end of the match/round. It’s super hard to play 1v4. I understand frustrations, but please be patient. Wait till the round is over please
  • I agree. Please stop quitting mid way through. Just please wait till the end of the match/round. It’s super hard to play 1v4. I understand frustrations, but please be patient. Wait till the round is over please

    This. 1v4 is not fun at all. I will only quit when the rest of my team has quitted.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • The title to me just says "Please let me and my team continue to steam roll you into embarrassment all the way to the sign that says DEFEAT".

    I think it says two things:

    1. Stop quitting my team and letting me be humiliatingly steamrolled by a stronger opposing team!
    2. Please let me and my team earn more BP by staying around while we steamroll you into embarassment and defeat.

    On another note, if I am on a team of rookies who don’t know what teamwork is, I will generally stay with the game and try my best to make sure the game isn’t a complete shutout. I will be happy to level up my hero while seeing the 10 enemy target count remaining drop to 9.

    You must lose a lot

    Indeed. I am often put on teams of rookies who don’t know how to play as a team and consequently get steamrolled. Now, I have also been on teams of randoms who have worked together and have steamrolled the other team.

    Personally, I think you also lose a lot because you are complaining about people rage quitting from your game, and they wouldn’t rage quit unless you were being steamrolled.

    Alas you are wrong good sir

    Then why are you complaining about people quitting? If you always steamroll with your friends in a squad, then this shouldn’t be too big of an issue for you.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • FlaminRedRocket
    57 posts Member
    edited February 8
    Fortnite is competitive? Lol

    Thats probably more arcadey and casual than this game

    Thats not an all skill based game, theres alot of luck too
  • the amount of people quitting in games in general has skyrocketed since the past, it's not just in BF2017. This game is the perfect game for bot backfilling, and I have no idea why it was never implemented considering how horrendous the matchmaking is.

    1/4 games they'll be a match with even players on each team, and that's only at the start of a game. Once we start losing, some kid is just gonna quit because he knows we won't win and then it's a domino effect from that point, and it'll be me and a couple others playing against a team of 8-10 players.

    They don't seem to understand just how important a good matchmaking system is to maintain a player base, and it happens in practically every DICE game.

    Casual game or not, players want to play a match where they have an equal chance to win as the other team. I can't think of one reason why a person would enjoy playing a game where they know they're going to lose unless they're just trolling, grieving, or flying some vehicle around the map because their bored. (guilty)

  • Fortnite is competitive? Lol

    Thats probably more arcadey and casual than this game

    Thats not an all skill based game, theres alot of luck too

    I'd say fortnite is massively competitive. It feels like half people in a match have twitch or ttv in their name. Sometimes I look them up just for a laugh and it's always some 14 year old who thinks he's going to be the next sypher or ninja. One of them was some kid who was explaining that he quit school to "try and make it in fortnite". It used to be a really casual game but I find a lot of the people still playing it take it super seriously.
  • TjPunx
    1424 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »
    TjPunx wrote: »
    It’s the same people calling for nerds when they get killed, instead of learning how to play better

    Nerds are a huge problem too.

    Lol. I meant nerfs. Autocorrect
  • There is always that better player, better than you are anyway. If you quit at that point, you don't learn anything, you learn only when you play. Same thing happens over and over again if you don't play and learn to play, next time when you meet that player you will lose also, I have experienced this so many times.
  • Lagodaki
    900 posts Member
    edited February 8
    This happens in all modes but it is more common in HvV, a mode that should never be taken seriously, especially how broken many aspects of gameplay are right now.

    People should always have the freedom to leave if they want, without any form of punishment.
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif


    I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • This again :|
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    TjPunx wrote: »
    It’s the same people calling for nerds when they get killed, instead of learning how to play better

    Nerds are a huge problem too.

    Lol. I meant nerfs. Autocorrect

    you were right tho
  • If you lose, man up and keep on playing. I didn't decided to put my time in a game for you to leave, this is basic decency in any game.

    You probably have realized it with my previous statement but I'm totally for time penallty when leaving game, heck 20-30% leaving as someone said in the topic is deserving a definitive ban for me.
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • MerovechI wrote: »
    I didn't buy the game so some random people on the internet can tell me that I can't leave a game during the middle or be penalized for it.
    The fact is, the game is broken in many ways, making it already frustrating to play. Couple that with being on a "team" full of **** who don't play together or don't play the objective, and it only adds to the frustrations.
    Stuff your penalty. You didn't buy either of my copies of the elite addition at launch and you're not going to give me any penalty for leaving a terrible team.

    I don't get it though. If a game frustrates you so much why play it all? Furthermore, to asitane my original post, I'm referring to the number of people who seem to be abandoning the match on the losing side. It is my belief, that the Star Wars genre appeals to a diverse audience making Battlefront more suitable for casual gameplay rather than the competitive scene

    I acknowledge the game could be refined in terms of bugs/glitches, but at the end of the day, I'm saying losing shouldn't matter because otherwise the majority of players will be disappointed, because everyone is going to lose and sometimes lose by significant margins
  • Fortnite is competitive? Lol

    Thats probably more arcadey and casual than this game

    Thats not an all skill based game, theres alot of luck too

    Fortnite is full of ttv tryhards?
  • JediJam wrote: »
    Fortnite is competitive? Lol

    Thats probably more arcadey and casual than this game

    Thats not an all skill based game, theres alot of luck too

    I'd say fortnite is massively competitive. It feels like half people in a match have twitch or ttv in their name. Sometimes I look them up just for a laugh and it's always some 14 year old who thinks he's going to be the next sypher or ninja. One of them was some kid who was explaining that he quit school to "try and make it in fortnite". It used to be a really casual game but I find a lot of the people still playing it take it super seriously.

    Exactly, Jedi Jam speaks sense
  • MerovechI wrote: »
    I didn't buy the game so some random people on the internet can tell me that I can't leave a game during the middle or be penalized for it.
    The fact is, the game is broken in many ways, making it already frustrating to play. Couple that with being on a "team" full of **** who don't play together or don't play the objective, and it only adds to the frustrations.
    Stuff your penalty. You didn't buy either of my copies of the elite addition at launch and you're not going to give me any penalty for leaving a terrible team.

    I don't get it though. If a game frustrates you so much why play it all? Furthermore, to asitane my original post, I'm referring to the number of people who seem to be abandoning the match on the losing side. It is my belief, that the Star Wars genre appeals to a diverse audience making Battlefront more suitable for casual gameplay rather than the competitive scene

    I acknowledge the game could be refined in terms of bugs/glitches, but at the end of the day, I'm saying losing shouldn't matter because otherwise the majority of players will be disappointed, because everyone is going to lose and sometimes lose by significant margins

    Being frustrated in one round does not equal being frustrated by the entire game. I usually quit out once I am bored. I just played HvV for the first time in a while and got bored when we were up 7-4 so I quit out. I don't really care. If I am bored or frustrated I quit. The entire point of this game is to have fun. We don't owe other players our time. If they had a time penalty, I'd just turn off the game instead of waiting for the penalty to end.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!