criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
September Community Calendar

A question regarding Luke's Push ability.

hsf_
1855 posts Member
I don't use the extended reach card, never have done... But just out of curiosity, what is the range on it?

I just played a game of HvV on Bespin, I was Boba and Luke never missed a push, no matter what range he was at. For example:
The dual walk ways outside, to the left of where the darkside spawn, should Luke's push ability reach from 1 walk way to another in terms of it's coned radius? Also, given the fact that I was Boba Fett, I was very high up in the sky too, so it's not like I was even remotely close to him.

Is this legit or is it cheating?

Replies

  • Clone201
    3842 posts Member
    edited February 10
    hsf_ wrote: »
    I don't use the extended reach card, never have done... But just out of curiosity, what is the range on it?

    12-meter range, very short. Just 4 meters longer than Dooku's lightning stun. Extended Push increases it to 15.6 meters.

    I have no idea on what the height hit-range is or whatever, but I'm just gonna guess it's 12 / 15.6 meters above / below Luke as well. I can't exactly confirm that however.

    But since you didn't provide a video, I can't be sure if you're experiencing something odd with it.

    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • hsf_
    1855 posts Member
    edited February 10
    Clone201 wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »
    I don't use the extended reach card, never have done... But just out of curiosity, what is the range on it?

    12-meter range, very short. Just 4 meters longer than Dooku's lightning stun. Extended Push increases it to 15.6 meters.

    I have no idea on what the height hit-range is or whatever, but I'm just gonna guess it's 12 / 15.6 meters above / below Luke as well. I can't exactly confirm that however.

    But since you didn't provide a video, I can't be sure if you're experiencing something odd with it.

    Unfortunately I don't record, as when I record the game crashes. However, I can tell you that he wasn't within 15m of me... He was on the other walk way, I'd guess that's around 100-300m away, no?
    If he'd jumped towards me, I would understand how he hit me, but he didn't jump towards me because if he did, he would have fallen off the map.
  • Clone201
    3842 posts Member
    edited February 10
    hsf_ wrote: »
    Clone201 wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »
    I don't use the extended reach card, never have done... But just out of curiosity, what is the range on it?

    12-meter range, very short. Just 4 meters longer than Dooku's lightning stun. Extended Push increases it to 15.6 meters.

    I have no idea on what the height hit-range is or whatever, but I'm just gonna guess it's 12 / 15.6 meters above / below Luke as well. I can't exactly confirm that however.

    But since you didn't provide a video, I can't be sure if you're experiencing something odd with it.

    Unfortunately I don't record, as when I record the game crashes. However, I can tell you that he wasn't within 15m of me... He was on the other walk way, I'd guess that's around 100-300m away, no?

    Less, more like 20-30 or like 50 meters between each walkway on that map, near the DS spawn you said about.

    Well, now that I just realized that you're on PC again, anything is possible when it comes to straight-up cheating, even such as that you're experiencing... ;)
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • hsf_
    1855 posts Member
    Clone201 wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »
    Clone201 wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »
    I don't use the extended reach card, never have done... But just out of curiosity, what is the range on it?

    12-meter range, very short. Just 4 meters longer than Dooku's lightning stun. Extended Push increases it to 15.6 meters.

    I have no idea on what the height hit-range is or whatever, but I'm just gonna guess it's 12 / 15.6 meters above / below Luke as well. I can't exactly confirm that however.

    But since you didn't provide a video, I can't be sure if you're experiencing something odd with it.

    Unfortunately I don't record, as when I record the game crashes. However, I can tell you that he wasn't within 15m of me... He was on the other walk way, I'd guess that's around 100-300m away, no?

    Less, more like 20-30 or like 50 meters between each walkway on that map, near the DS spawn you said about.

    Well, now that I just realized that you're on PC again, anything is possible when it comes to straight-up cheating, even such as that you're experiencing... ;)

    I am kind of hoping that it was just a one off bug, because the people I was playing against were a tagged up team, but I just can't get over the ridiculousness of how far away he was, when he pushed me.
  • I heard that push is an effective counter to Boba’s jetpack. I Forgot the Specifics though.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • bfloo
    15691 posts Member
    I don't know the actual numbers, but if you were 100m + away, it is either a glitch or a hack.

    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • hsf_
    1855 posts Member
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I heard that push is an effective counter to Boba’s jetpack. I Forgot the Specifics though.

    Oh yeah he's very good at keeping Boba out of bounds.
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    Clone201 wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »
    Clone201 wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »
    I don't use the extended reach card, never have done... But just out of curiosity, what is the range on it?

    12-meter range, very short. Just 4 meters longer than Dooku's lightning stun. Extended Push increases it to 15.6 meters.

    I have no idea on what the height hit-range is or whatever, but I'm just gonna guess it's 12 / 15.6 meters above / below Luke as well. I can't exactly confirm that however.

    But since you didn't provide a video, I can't be sure if you're experiencing something odd with it.

    Unfortunately I don't record, as when I record the game crashes. However, I can tell you that he wasn't within 15m of me... He was on the other walk way, I'd guess that's around 100-300m away, no?

    Less, more like 20-30 or like 50 meters between each walkway on that map, near the DS spawn you said about.

    Well, now that I just realized that you're on PC again, anything is possible when it comes to straight-up cheating, even such as that you're experiencing... ;)

    I am kind of hoping that it was just a one off bug, because the people I was playing against were a tagged up team, but I just can't get over the ridiculousness of how far away he was, when he pushed me.

    I've never heard/seen any BUG like this with Luke's Push or any other push-like ability. If it's a hack it's a very specific hack, very unlikely.
    Tired of BUGs?

    Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • I run that card that extra bit always comes in handy for sure.
  • I personally always run extended push reach for this very reason. It has its limits of course, but generally it’s a great third card to take along with heal on kill and extra rush attack. If you see Luke jumping, he’s probably very close or already in pushing range if that helps, but the animation is so quick it’s hard to predict when to roll.
  • With the card he can definitely reach you when he seems quite far away, but if he's literally cross-mapping you with it then something is askew
    [+3748 posts]
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!