criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Please can you add the DLC maps/game modes to Skirmish when you discontinue support for the servers?

To the developers responsible for the maintenance of Star Wars Battlefront-

I bought Battlefront soon after it came out and have been a massive fan for almost 2 years now. Unfortunately I live in a rural area and my broadband is awful, so I'm regularly being booted from games. This is why I love Skirmish, Missions and Survival. I purchased the season pass early this year, hoping that I would eventually be able to play the new maps, modes and heroes in Skirmish mode on my PC. Sadly, this never happened.

It would be amazing if you could port the content of the DLC releases over to skirmish mode, so that people can continue to fully experience the incredible title that brought Star Wars gaming back! I know you guys are busy with Battlefront 2 right now, so nobody's expecting it to be soon, but it would be terribly sad if we weren't able to play the maps, characters and modes that we payed for after the game is no longer supported.

The original Battlefront II went offline-only for many years, and still has a large player base! 2015's Battlefront could achieve the same status among dedicated fans.

I thank you for your time, and effort in creating games that mean so much to so many.

I'll see you on the Battlefront (2)... Once my broadband has been upgraded! ;)

Alastair

Replies

• weisguy119
    461 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    This is why I’m not a big fan of multiplayer games. When the communities dies, the game dies. We’re paying full price for a game we’re basically renting. I’m only here because it’s Star Wars.

I was really looking forward to Visceral’s single player game that got cancelled. I hope we see another single player Star Wars game take its place. There’s always the hope that Disney pulls the Star Wars license from EA after they fumbled on Battlefront - not once, but twice now. This should be a franchise you can’t mess up but they found a way - twice. If they manage to keep the license, I hope the Mouse steps in and straightens them out. We need better Star Wars games, not greedy cash grabs.

I do like the game but I wish there was more single player content like they promised. We need an offline starfighter mode. We need a galactic skirmish mode because arcade is weak. I can’t believe they thought people would be OK without an offline starfighter mode or some version of skirmish. We also need more customization. I hear this is being added. I imagine this will be done when loot boxes return. Hopefully, those are cosmetic only when they return. I’d likely spend a little on some cosmetic upgrades but I don’t want to be forced to pay to compete like the old system.
  • Yes please, it would be so nice of you :-) Honestly I cannot understand why we don´t have all the content in skirmish from the begining. Even with those bugs it would be better than nothing. So please hear us! :-) Thank you and have a nice day everyone...
  • I'm 100% behind this, I'm playing more arcade than online these days but It bugs me that the heroes are the only DLC stuff in the single player and even they get locked when there's no internet connection.
    I mean we paid for this DLC but we can only play it online and only until EA decide to pull the kill switch.
  • This would be a feature I would love to see implemented!

I also have the full game and season pass, but cannot unfortunately connect to any servers as no one is really playing in my country. I sort of feel cheated, after having bought a full game and season pass that I can't even play.

Adding offline / skirmish availabilities of every game mode and DLC would be a fantastic addition to the game and help the game thrive as well as keep players coming back to play.
  • That would be really good and all players/fans of SWBF1would be truly appreciative...
  • Cannot play a single map of the DLC I bought and pay for (since there's no one playing this game any more)... that's a scam. Is Ea planning on ever do something about it?
  • On PS4, DLCs are fine. Fully lobbies in Outer Rim DLC...
  • I think this is a fair request to allow the DLC into the normal mix, otherwise customers paying for the DLC may never get to play it.
  • Foxdie491 wrote: »
    Cannot play a single map of the DLC I bought and pay for (since there's no one playing this game any more)... that's a scam. Is Ea planning on ever do something about it?

Hmmmm yeah I never looked at it that way but yeah if someone bought Star Wars Battfront (2015) now and all the DLCs, they’d be up a creek without a paddle on X-Box One. Currently there seems to be 1 to 2 people waiting in DLC map lobbies. No way to play that newly bought DLC now.

This is exactly what I predicted and they completely ignored me. They should bring these DLC maps to Skirmish it is only just; lowering the price does not make the maps any more playable.
    ymt190e wrote: »
    On PS4, DLCs are fine. Fully lobbies in Outer Rim DLC...

Lucky you.
    I think this is a fair request to allow the DLC into the normal mix, otherwise customers paying for the DLC may never get to play it.

Yes and in Skirmish as well.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Jabba_Fett97
    156 posts Member
    edited February 20
    I fully support this and would love to see the skirmish get the maps it needs as well as bringing that mode to BF2 when the life cycle and support for it is finished. Alot of people, myself included, never got to play the DLC and will never get the chance. You will never find a game for the Rogue one expansion etc. Its an easy port/fix depending which game we want to see these maps on.
  • PupitoN64
    11 posts Member
    edited February 21
    @Jabba_Fett97 I just bought the Ultimate Edition of BF1 and am hoping to put together a group to play this DL. Let's try and get a group together so we can play these maps!

Also, they really do need to bring these maps to Skirmish. It would foster a lot of good will and a great way to preserve all the hard work that went into the development of those maps. At the very least they need to be added to BF2's arcade mode, but I prefer them to be added to BF1's skirmish.
    Post edited by PupitoN64 on
  • @ymt190e Do you happen to know the peak times for PS4 DLC maps?
  • PupitoN64 wrote: »
    @Jabba_Fett97 I just bought the Ultimate Edition of BF1 and am hoping to put together a group to play this DL. Let's try and get a group together so we can play these maps!

Also, they really do need to bring these maps to Skirmish. It would foster a lot of good will and a great way to preserve all the hard work that went into the development of those maps. At the very least they need to be added to BF2's arcade mode, but I prefer them to be added to BF1's skirmish.

Great ideas and I prefer BF1 but I think we got more hope for BF2s arcade mode now. That being said I'm happy to join you in a group and finally play these DLC maps. I never got the chance !
  • @Jabba_Fett97 I agree about BF2 Arcade mode. Its the Star Wars sandbox I always wanted. Multiplayer is a blast but being able to increase your hero's health and add one shot enemy kills makes for a very "Star Wars" experience.

I hope they realize what an enduring platform that is and add all the maps they've ever created to Arcade.

And sweet! I learned in another post that you just need to keep refreshing the DLC since the limited sessions are filled (which results in empty waiting rooms) so I'll try again tonight, and hope to see you there, otherwise we'll need to put together a crew, Tobias Beckett style.
  • Jabba_Fett97
    156 posts Member
    edited February 21
    @PupitoN64 Yeah BF2 is a great platform in all honesty and there's such simple things in such high demand by the community that would be a real deal breaker such as Scarif and bigger modes in arcade etc.
    Let's hope the devs will eventually make these small changes. In all honesty, I think if we do get an update to arcade modes, it'll be at the very end of the support for BF2 to maximise its replayability etc.

I'll send you a message me with my PS4 name on and we'll give BF1 a try sometime !
  • All I ask is more maps, increased troop count, and modes for arcade.
  • ymt190e
    100 posts Member
    PupitoN64 wrote: »
    @ymt190e Do you happen to know the peak times for PS4 DLC maps?

Late afternoon to evening CET
  • I agree.
  • To the developers responsible for the maintenance of Star Wars Battlefront-

I bought Battlefront soon after it came out and have been a massive fan for almost 2 years now. Unfortunately I live in a rural area and my broadband is awful, so I'm regularly being booted from games. This is why I love Skirmish, Missions and Survival. I purchased the season pass early this year, hoping that I would eventually be able to play the new maps, modes and heroes in Skirmish mode on my PC. Sadly, this never happened.

It would be amazing if you could port the content of the DLC releases over to skirmish mode, so that people can continue to fully experience the incredible title that brought Star Wars gaming back! I know you guys are busy with Battlefront 2 right now, so nobody's expecting it to be soon, but it would be terribly sad if we weren't able to play the maps, characters and modes that we payed for after the game is no longer supported.

The original Battlefront II went offline-only for many years, and still has a large player base! 2015's Battlefront could achieve the same status among dedicated fans.

I thank you for your time, and effort in creating games that mean so much to so many.

I'll see you on the Battlefront (2)... Once my broadband has been upgraded! ;)

Alastair

I still don't get how the offline content in 2015 is far superior (and it is) even though it doesn't even have a campaign.
  • PupitoN64 wrote: »
    @ymt190e Do you happen to know the peak times for PS4 DLC maps?

No idea what the peak h are but I find that getting a game on the outer rim DLC is easy, DS as well. Scariff is harder. Never once did I manage to play on Bespin :(
  • Totally agree with this, and just made another post about this today. Really want that dlc content offline, then ea can move on.