criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

A Few Questions About That New Mode

So, understanding this mode is probably delayed till March after having 8 months of development (technically almost 9 if it really does get delayed to March) is upsetting to many including me.

I still have no clue what this mode could actually offer in terms of its scale and seamlessness in comparison to its other predecessors. Therefore here come the questions mentioned in the title.

1. Will transport ships such as the Republic LAAT gunship be FULLY pilot-able and not on rails while having passenger seats, gunner seats, and possibly a co-pilot seat?

2. If troop transport ships are fully pilot-able and come equipped with all the neat stuff I just mentioned above then what will the Separatist troop transport be? I ask this because...well...there isn't one....not technically. The only real troop transport ship the CIS have is the C-9979 landing craft but that humongous ship wouldn't fit in a Venator's hangar and even if it could it would take up too much space. Another ship that might come to mind is the previously used HMP Droid Gunship used in both Battlefront (2004) and Battlefront 2 (2005) with all the bells and whistles (Passenger seats, gunner seats, etc.) This ship however doesn't nor did it ever make any sense as a troop transport because it doesn't have room for droid troops or pilots on the inside as its real driver was an advanced droid brain, not to mention the droids it DID ever carry were on racks on the outside of the ship...which were completely exposed to enemy fire rendering this ship rather pointless in this game so you can mark it out. The next and really only choice would be the Sheathipede-class transport shuttle as it was more so exclusive to the separatists during and after the clone wars and wasn't used universally by other factions like some other transports. Except there's one big problem...most of the models that the separatists used didn't have any weaponry. There has only been ONE visual occurrence of one of these ships ever having weaponized defenses and it was seen in the Clone Wars TV show even then they were very limited in comparison to the Republic. (Pics below)

o2dp0uajitk8.png

tvii1d11wf9o.png

3. If these recently leaked new reinforcements are to be taken with even a bit of truth as to what they might be then how will they play into the new mode along with other special units given the sandbox part? Will they be able to go in and out of ships just as easily as regular troops, are some vehicles limited only to class based units, will heroes have just as much freedom as all the other classes in this new mode? (As in are they limited to they're own hero star-fighters or can they enter any fighter they want.)

4. How deep do these capital ships go in terms of exploration and space? Are there multiple docking bays? Are control rooms going to be present and if so will they have any significance to the mode it-self or will they just be another room to find? Or will it just be one giant hangar?

5. Can we enter/exit star-fighters and troop-transports inside capital ships? Can the same be done on the ground?

6. Will transports, fighters, speeders etc be spawned on a main point for each faction or can they spawn on other CP's that can be captured by other forces?

7. Will any other previously unmanned vehicles become vital parts of the new mode such as the snail tanks on Kashyyyk?

Alright, I'm done. If anyone else has a question to add then do so. Just make sure its on-topic and not an offshoot to something else entirely.

Hi.

Replies

• I guess just wait and see... It doesn't really matter that much that its been delayed. We should just be patient. it will arrive one day and there’s plenty of other game modes and other games in general to be getting on with while we wait. We don't need to know every single detail about the new mode now. If they were going to tell us all this they would have done so by now.
  • You're expecting too much freedom and fun for the most linear and restrictive FPS in history
  • JediJam wrote: »
    I guess just wait and see... It doesn't really matter that much that its been delayed. We should just be patient. it will arrive one day and there’s plenty of other game modes and other games in general to be getting on with while we wait. We don't need to know every single detail about the new mode now. If they were going to tell us all this they would have done so by now.

Patience is what's been had since launch. Patience wears thin after so long. Patience in this game is wasted energy. If no one talks about the mode then hype for it will die off faster if it gets delayed.
    Hi.
  • You're expecting too much freedom and fun for the most linear and restrictive FPS in history

I mean, this game is really restrictive like you said. But I doubt they would use words like "open sandbox experience" without knowing what those words truly mean. They have the assets to do all of this. all it needs is to be put together.
    Hi.