criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Transmission: Progress Update on New Mode + Emote Wheel

Prev13
EA_Charlemagne
49 posts EA Community Manager
edited February 12
ws5p1kqcofac.png

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

To start things off, we wanted to talk a little about the upcoming, non-linear game mode since it’s been such a popular topic in the community.

Development is progressing well, but we wanted to let you know that we’ve made the very tough decision to move the release of the new game mode into March. At the core of this choice is our desire to keep the quality of this mode high.

It’s always disappointing when we have to move things around, not just for you but for ourselves as well. We’re incredibly eager to see the new game mode hit our live servers, but we also want to ensure that when it launches it’s the best state it can be.

However, this extra time is also allowing us to create two brand new reinforcements which we want to launch alongside the mode! You can expect full Community Transmissions detailing everything about the new mode as we get closer to its release, as well as a Community Update video that shows it off.

February is shaping up to be a great month with the release of Anakin Skywalker, the 501st Clones, Coruscant Guard and the Clone Trooper rework. We’ll be back information on all of those very shortly.

ltipddqj3xc0.jpg

EMOTE WHEEL

A long time ago in a Transmission far, far away. . . .we talked a little bit about our plans to include an Emote Wheel into Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II.

Emotes have always been a fun addition to the game and we’ve all seen how much you enjoy “Hello There”. The Emote Wheel will allow you to equip all the emotes that are currently in the game, the ones that you’ve currently got equipped onto your Troopers and Heroes. Whereas currently, you can only have two emotes selected, with the new Emote Wheel you’ll be able to select up to 8.

70345i1ngd5h.png
An early Work in Progress look at the Emote Wheel in action

The Emote Wheel is due to arrive within The Chosen One update which is set for February 27.

Charlemagne, signing off.
Post edited by EA_Charlemagne on

Replies

• Can EA please add the option to switch triggers and bumpers on the Xbox One version of Battlefront 2?

For example: left bumper to left trigger, left trigger to left bumper, right bumper to right trigger, right trigger to right bumper.

PLEASE add this option or an option to make custom control settings like Battlefield V has!!!!!!!!!
  • can the heroes also do their 4 emotes?
  • Will the new reinforcements have their own new class?
  • Legobrick100
    81 posts Member
    edited February 12
    In case you missed it:

We have new reinforcements coming. However, neither of them are the Droideka. I know a known "poster" commented over the weekend, but what was said is not accurate. I'm sorry that your hopes probably got up really high for this, but it's not true. It really sucks that we couldn't say the reinforcements were coming first, either. However, the reinforcements that are coming are super wicked and I'm excited for you to see them.

I hate to say it, but I don't see what could be more "wicked" than a droideka. (A Droideka would've been fairly unique to the game, rather than what I expect will simply be two new foot-soldiers with different abilities.) Still, I am eager to see the new additions, and am curious as to a few of the particulars. Although I don't expect you to answer them, I'll just sorta share them anyway.
    1. Are they two new classes of reinforcement, like the Aerial and Enforcer, or two new variants/vehicles, such as how the two new speeders on Geonosis are still the "speeder" class?
    2. Will they be exclusive to the new mode, or will they be present in GA as well?
    3. And of course, what are they?

I have to say, I'm certainly hoping the answer to question one would be the former (which would mean that "two new reinforcements" would mean two new types, with each faction having their own variant of those two types). That would also allow question two to be a possibility.
    PRIORITY LISTS
    HEROES:
    Commander Cody - the Empire has Iden, the First Order has Phasma. Give us a soldier-based hero for the Republic!
    GA MAPS
    Utapau
    Mygeeto
  • Oooh, commo rose!
  • DANNYonPC wrote: »
    Oooh, commo rose!

Emotes x4!
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • U/Some_Info back at it again!
  • is it too hard to work on a server browser ??? i cannot believe we dont have one in an online game in 2019 ! reinforcements and emote wheel, clone customization... please tell us that you have maps in progress . by the way, i appreciate that the new mode is delay if it is not ready instead of pushing it with a lot of bugs/issues. take your time !
  • Please not ewoks or jawas. Just please. FO executioners, Gungans, Dark Troopers, Shore Troopers, Arc Troopers, Magna guards, Clone Commandos, Battle droid Commandos, Riot Troopers, Geonosians, Mandalorians, Royal Guards, Honour Guards, Scarif Commandos, IG droids, all types of pilots being rebel, imperial, republic, cis, fo or resistance, Anti Veichle Troopers, ATAT pilot, ATRT pilots, Shocktroopers, Engineers of all eras, mud troopers even jabba the hutt...

....but please dont let this ewoks and jawas
  • In case you missed it:

We have new reinforcements coming. However, neither of them are the Droideka. I know a known "poster" commented over the weekend, but what was said is not accurate. I'm sorry that your hopes probably got up really high for this, but it's not true. It really sucks that we couldn't say the reinforcements were coming first, either. However, the reinforcements that are coming are super wicked and I'm excited for you to see them.

Clone and droid commandos then?
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • In case you missed it:

Clone and droid commandos then?

Or Magna Quards? :joy:
  • awakespace
    936 posts Member
    edited February 12
    improved lightsaber combat, server browser, private matches, and bug fixes please (and un neutering kylo) - emote wheel is a nice feature once you get all the necessary stuff in place but right now it's a strange choice

I also find it odd that you all chose reinforcements that are not droidekas when that is clearly the most requested reinforcement... but you guys seem to be masters of odd choices ;)
  • Still excited about Anakin. It's a bit of a bummer that the new mode was delayed but hopefully it's just till early March. what I really hope they get on soon is an updated roadmap.
  • EnriqueOP wrote: »
    I can't wait for the Clone Trooper reworks
    Same here

• Well, I'm not really bothered by the new game mode being delayed. I always prefer waiting if it means getting a better product. We only have to wait until March, anyway. So I'm stoked. :smiley:

The new reinforcements announcement is awesome, but I'm a little confused over the wording. Does EA_Charlemagne literally mean "two new reinforcements"? If so, that's not enough for all of the factions. Surely he must mean two new Special Unit classes, right? :cold_sweat:

The emote wheel has been a long time coming. Excited to see it finally being implemented. I just wish we didn't have so many silly Emotes, and actually had some that were tactical/team-oriented.

@EA_Charlemagne @F8RGE
    "All wings report in."
  • Shaq will continue to sleep
    fh5wqsr7fef9.jpg
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • If I understand correctly, troopers will be able to use heroes, emotes? Sounds like a mess, doesn't it?
  • Gonk droid, when do we get the Gonk Droid..? Gonk, Gonk, Gonk...

• What I do not understand is - the community begged for a normal conquest mode since BF 2015. We did not get it for 2015 and also not for 2017, although it is definetly not a hard task for a studio like Dice to come up with this mode... why not deliver a standard conquest mode and build upon this a new mode then.. benefits all doesn't it?

Also I do not understand that if you work on new reinforcements and the message of the community is: we want droidekas, that the devs spend their time on another unit than those. Why? Definetly all special units take a lot of time but why then not work on the requested one.

Sure, they could surprise us heavily by introducing magna guards from grievous and so, but why should I want to play as a droid commando unit from the clone wars tv series... i do not like that show that much, so why give people not something they can all look forward to to play...

It's nice to hear that playtests are going fine, but why can't you give us at least a description what the game mode actually plays like? What are the objectives if it is not pure conquest? Why hold this basic information back for sooooooo long...
  • Cadoth
    944 posts Member
    edited February 12
    Ok the addition of two new reinforcements is worth the delay for me
  • SVEJ
    1158 posts Member
    That emote wheel design is hella disappointing.

Seems like this will be the finished product

dybh0kmotehm.png
  • Okay I don’t know weather to wait to face palm or face palm now for the fact one of these enforcers is gonna probably be an ewok
  • So I guess a new reinforcement class only available for seperatists and the republic? And no Droideka? I'm Pretty sure it won't be Magna-Guards either and they'll just go with the most generic uninspired ones, the Commando Droids. Did we really needed a communtiy Transmission for those lackluster informations? A Facebook post would have been enough without the hyping up for such a boring Communtiy Transmission.
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    867 posts Member
    edited February 12
    In case you missed it:

This is very disappointing!!

We, the fans have requested the droidekas since ago.

Seem the devs doesn't listen us.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • Up to 8 emotes? Does this mean heroes will get new ones? If you can't get the voice actors back I see many potential emotes from their voice lines that currently exist within the game. Example I would love to see "My Empire will last forever!" as an emote for Palpatine as it already exists. Plz, DICE make this happen! :smiley:
    Current Topics:
    Staff Strike Guide
    An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞
    - Leia Organa

• I
    Liz4rD wrote: »
    Very disappointing.

Less content than previously announced. Nothing about bug fixing or the most needed saber combat rework. They bring features and content not needed and not asked for by the community.

I've always supported the game and the development team no matter what. But it's difficult when they have been crushing my hopes and expectations month by month for more than a year.

I complety forgot about the lightsaber thing, hope they didn’t
  • OcDoc
    1180 posts Member
    Thanks for letting us know March is the new timeline for the game mode which is what I am most looking forward to!

The reinforcements sound cool and I don’t particularly care what they are as long as they are good.
  • Damocles94
    7 posts Member
    edited February 12
    Future Seasons + Ideas

*****I realize that development is limited and many of these ideas may not happen. Any future development is pretty much fan service as i am sure this game isn't making EA any money. I hope we get more content in 2019 but i also understand that this may not happen. This post just shows the endless possibilities within the Star Wars universe and the insane potential Star Wars Battlefront 2 has!

*****I haven't included any Starfighters seeing as that side of the game may be dead and has not received any updates. Though there is still plenty potential content.

1. STAR WARS REBELS - Potential HERO(S): Kanan Jarrus/Ezra Bridger/Grand Inquisitor/Thrawn - PLANET(S): Lothal
    - Lothal is my top pick because it would be pretty simple to design but unique enough to stand out. Could possibly even use some of Tatooines resources. (Grand Inquisitor would be AMAZING!)

2. ROGUE ONE - Potential HERO(S): Jyn Erso/Director Orson Krennic - PLANET(S): Scarif
    - Probably one of the easiest DLC's possible. Redesign the map but reuse the resources from BF2015. Most importantly, it brings in two blaster wielding heroes into a primarily lightsaber dominated roster

3. THE CLONE WARS - Potential HERO(S): Ahsoka Tano/Padme Amidala/Asajj Ventress/Cad Bane - PLANET(S): Dathomir/Umbara/Coruscant
    - Dathomir/Umbara/Coruscant would all be difficult to design but would bring an extremely unique and refreshing map to the rotation. And again, two more blaster heroes.

4. EPISODE IX - Potential HERO(S): Poe Dameron/General Hux - PLANET(S): ???
    - Again, two blaster heroes in a primarily lightsaber dominated roster.

5. Potential HERO(S): Sabine Wren/Jango Fett
    - I'm on the fence about adding more jetpack users because HvV could get really unbalanced. Although it could also make for some real interesting gameplay. Imagine chasing Boba as Sabine and trying to shoot him out of the air. Boba couldn't hide in the corner of the map anymore.

6. Potential Reinforcements: Melee Class (Riot Troopers from all eras, MagnaGuards, etc.)
    - Having melee only reinforcement could present some gameplay issue but if implemented properly could create unique and fun situations. I recommend the troops have riot shields or something similar as a defense against blasters. But give these shields a certain level of health, so the can't camp in the Naboo Palace halls. After the shields health depletes, the trooper has to wait for the ability to cooldown, but can otherwise use it freely. While the shield is deployed, the troopers movement is slowed to a jog. Not as much as the heavy though, as this reinforcement still needs to get in close.

That's all for now. Though i could probably come up with more. This is pushing the words "possible/potential" already.