criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

CT Transmission on new gamemode, if you missed it

ws5p1kqcofac.png

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

To start things off, we wanted to talk a little about the upcoming, non-linear game mode since it’s been such a popular topic in the community.

Development is progressing well, but we wanted to let you know that we’ve made the very tough decision to move the release of the new game mode into March. At the core of this choice is our desire to keep the quality of this mode high.

It’s always disappointing when we have to move things around, not just for you but for ourselves as well. We’re incredibly eager to see the new game mode hit our live servers, but we also want to ensure that when it launches it’s the best state it can be.

However, this extra time is also allowing us to create two brand new reinforcements which we want to launch alongside the mode! You can expect full Community Transmissions detailing everything about the new mode as we get closer to its release, as well as a Community Update video that shows it off.

February is shaping up to be a great month with the release of Anakin Skywalker, the 501st Clones, Coruscant Guard and the Clone Trooper rework. We’ll be back information on all of those very shortly.

ltipddqj3xc0.jpg

EMOTE WHEEL

A long time ago in a Transmission far, far away. . . .we talked a little bit about our plans to include an Emote Wheel into Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II.

Emotes have always been a fun addition to the game and we’ve all seen how much you enjoy “Hello There”. The Emote Wheel will allow you to equip all the emotes that are currently in the game, the ones that you’ve currently got equipped onto your Troopers and Heroes. Whereas currently, you can only have two emotes selected, with the new Emote Wheel you’ll be able to select up to 8.

70345i1ngd5h.png
An early Work in Progress look at the Emote Wheel in action

The Emote Wheel is due to arrive within The Chosen One update which is set for February 27.

Charlemagne, signing off.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
bhih9jzeyr6i.gif

Replies

• why do we need that lol ahah wheel
  • Phoenix382 wrote: »
    But the emotes are useless and lame. Peekaboo? What were you thinking? How about useful ones like flank left, or flank right. Hold your ground. PUSH FORWARD! TAKE THE OBJECTIVE! Also would love Lando and Yoda laughing.

Pretty sure they talked about that last month
  • Foty
    7 posts Member
    edited February 12
    They probably pushed ot back cause they saw all the bugs in it. Would rather them fix some of the constant bugs, I.e. Mauls force throw still messed up, powers still don't wont on multiple characters, powers have no effect on opponents, saber hits don't always register, among others.
  • Foty wrote: »
    They probably pushed ot back cause they saw all the bugs in it. Would rather them fix some of the constant bugs, I.e. Mauls force throw still messed up, powers still don't wont on multiple characters, powers have no effect on opponents, saber hits don't always register, among others.

I think these would be dealt with in the saber combat update, of which we’ve also not heard a thing about.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Emote wheel = K9-11 content
    #StarWars-y
  • Emote wheel. Awesome. I’m glad the devs didn’t waste their time on such unimportant things like unlocking the base weapons or so...
  • skincarver wrote: »
    Emote wheel. Awesome. I’m glad the devs didn’t waste their time on such unimportant things like unlocking the base weapons or so...

true, default availability would have been a much better time investment
    [+3748 posts]
  • Smattonellus
    730 posts Member
    edited February 12
    Clearly they had to delay it because its a bug ridden mess, and to keep us cool they will give us ewoks and godknowswhat. Sorry but I won't ever feel any hype again, better stay on solid ground.
    Edit: well I was proven wrong on the ewoks, looks like they are going for something new, maybe not all hope is lost.
    Post edited by Smattonellus on
  • thanks
  • Alex64
    7663 posts Member
    At first when i saw that rebels image i was WOW! Then i read it and i was Hmmm...
    Why so serious?
  • The only thing I wanted from the emote wheel isn't even planned for this month (tactical emotes)...
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Not much of a CT but at least its information I guess. Basically new mode delayed til March with no release date, 2 new reinforcements (class or actual, we don't know, and no information), and a screenshot of an emote wheel

did I miss anything?
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Not much of a CT but at least its information I guess. Basically new mode delayed til March with no release date, 2 new reinforcements (class or actual, we don't know, and no information), and a screenshot of an emote wheel

did I miss anything?

Pretty much covers it.

I’m not overly bothered by the delay, what irks me is the delay over the delay. It’s as though EA wants to maintain strained community and trust issues... tut, tut!
  • New game mode delayed.

To quote Fight Club, I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    o44m56c91seo.gif

Body is 5 characters too short.

will there still be an option for quick press emotes? Just wondering. Like one tap on the dpad to emote
    [+3748 posts]
  • Please don’t be Prequel only Reinforcements :(

According to some leaks, it will be one clone reinforcement and one rebel reinforcement. The clone one has some weird beam weapon right now, and the rebel one is a rebel pilot. The pilot has a shield Droid and a lock on rocket launcher right now. The shield Droid can move.

These reinforcements are probably so woolies could only be on Kashyyk.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    The only thing I wanted from the emote wheel isn't even planned for this month (tactical emotes)...

Even if we had tactical emotes, the chance of anyone even using them or paying attention to them would be pretty low. I think a better thing would be a ping system like Apex Legends, but inside the squad. That way you don't have 20 pings going around.
  • Relmets wrote: »
    skincarver wrote: »
    Emote wheel. Awesome. I’m glad the devs didn’t waste their time on such unimportant things like unlocking the base weapons or so...

true, default availability would have been a much better time investment

People for the most part still wouldn’t use the default blaster. They need mods.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh

• Screw emote wheels. What about one for OBJECTIVES?
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • Duke_M wrote: »
    Screw emote wheels. What about one for OBJECTIVES?

I asked for that back in September, when we received the CT on the squad system.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1204713#Comment_1204713

Pay particular attention to #4 in my response.

My biggest question with the emote wheel is how much real estate it’s going to cover when triggered. If my screen is obscured in any fashion I can guarantee I’ll stop using emotes.
  • Yeah. So... I expect the new conquest mode to be pushed back to March...
  • Yeah. So... I expect the new conquest mode to be pushed back to March...

That’s already been confirmed.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh