criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

The officer is STILL the easiest class to get battle points.

Prev1
Jakeman
89 posts Member
edited February 12
ur84so5sh7at.png

@F8RGE

The officer is STILL the easiest class to get battle points. EA did reduce the officers ability to gain battle points a while back yet they still are still very unbalanced compared to other classes. It should be equally easy to gain battle points regardless of what class your playing. A officer right now can battle command the moment the game starts and potentially gain almost a 1000 BP! That's ludicrous considering the health buff wears off before you even encounter an enemy.

This dramatically affects GA and needs to be fixed ASAP.

Your thoughts?

[Edited title]

Replies

  • i don't think so anymore. He's on par with all the others now.
  • 1000 BP can be gotten with 3 kills at the start of the match. The officer is fine.
  • So what?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Been there, done that, nerfed it. Seem to be seeing more nerf requests on the forums recently, new players??
    #StarWars-y
  • Bandicoot
    956 posts Member
    edited February 12
    Lagodaki wrote: »
    How many more nerfs does the officer have to get? it's supposed to be easier to get BP's with them, they already have the worst blasters in the game.

    Lol, the SE44 is still one of the best, and blurrg is still good if you can aim.
    @MyLittleGreenFriend 3 kills takes skill. Pressing a button while butt hugging better players and leaching off their success does not.

    100 percent agree with the op, it is a joke, but it will never get fixed. And all your gonna get on this forum is cries from officer mains that need their crutch to get a hero.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    3947 posts Member
    edited February 12
    Nothing has changed. The Officer nerf was insignificant. Whatever... I just play more Officer now than ever and get BP’s at around a 40-50% increased rate. The problem is designing a game around a BP system and then having classes with variable, and disparate means to accumulate the BP’s. The only real solution is to have all BP gained only from damage, kills, assists, and objective scoring. Gaining BP’s from one button abilities(Scan Dart), or from the efforts of others(the Officer commands), or just standing there(Officer’s Presence) are initially a bad idea, but to then have these exclusive to a class just compounds this into undeniable incompetence in game design.

    The solution is a complete rework... and only that. Not happening ever.

    So I’m done with this fight. There is no way to properly balance the Officer anyway. It’ll alway be too much or to little. There are discrepancies among the other classes as well, it’s just that the Officer is the most egregious. Again, the problem isn’t the Officer, but game design. This game is a benchmark for what not to do when designing a AAA game. Any game for that matter.

    So play Officer if you want to main heroes in GA. In case you haven’t noticed, that’s what most of hero aces are doing anyway.
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member
    leave the officer alone, they already pounded the blasters with the nerf hammer for no reason and ignored the main complaint.

    There are less of them, leave good enough alone.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • I played officer yesterday in a match of GA. Hopped in mid-round on Endor. Buffed 3 or 4 guys, fired a few shots, threw a grenade and died within about 12 seconds.

    I had nearly 1200 BP!

    LOL.

    Funny how you don't see such a gross percentage of Officers in the smaller modes, but in GA they are STILL everywhere.

    I don't really care any more. It is what is is.

    We may as well all just embrace the crutch class.
  • Keep crying. They "fixed" it once. Nerfed it twice. I think by the grace of god, you're going to be okay.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • You all seem to forget that officer's commands give a 100 hp AND potentially a buff to ability recharge or unlimited blaster cooling, while inspiring presence doesn't just sit there, but basically gives survivalist starcard to everyone nearby. Now what's my point? This is not rewarding BP for doing nothing, but for providing support to the team, were this not rewarded somehow, nobody would play officer because nobody likes a supporting role.
  • Bandicoot
    956 posts Member
    edited February 12
    The satisfaction in vanguarding nooby officer heroes is my favorite thing about the officer class.

    Just know if you play officer and you get a hero first, it's not cause your good or played best, its cause your pure cheese.
  • You all seem to forget that officer's commands give a 100 hp AND potentially a buff to ability recharge or unlimited blaster cooling, while inspiring presence doesn't just sit there, but basically gives survivalist starcard to everyone nearby. Now what's my point? This is not rewarding BP for doing nothing, but for providing support to the team, were this not rewarded somehow, nobody would play officer because nobody likes a supporting role.

    Not to mention that somehow, people are under the impression that Presence is still used.

    Fastest pointgenerator so far remains Resourceful, Recharge, BH.

    I like to run Defuser instead of BH tho. Nothing like a free 100 BP per defused explosive, or 1500+ whenever a Bossk goes into his Grenade Launcher state.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • Buffing others is what makes an Officer, well, an Officer. Should we all be rewarded for PTO? When do I get the most BP? When I buff others around the objective. There they are and there are the points I get. A lot of them.

    If we begin to de-incentivize the buffing, then the Officer becomes another assault trooper with no armor. I realize there's another angle. Maybe, the designers didn't predict good, elite players would adopt the class as much as they did.

    While I don't whine about nerfing the officer via their weapons, I can say it has led to making 2, if not 3, of them unsatisfying to use. Unfortunately, I had finally earned my Blurgg explosive shot a day or two after they nerfed it.
  • There always has to be a class that will get the most points. Total balance is not what we want.

    Sorry, but I ground my way to that starcard, ground my way to that blaster.

    I don’t want someone who just bought the game melting me. I earned the right to make battle points.
    Find me in Blast, Strike, or sometimes GA, usually playing Officer/Specialist/Aerial... u/n cosworth99. #oldguy
    Add me (xbox Oregon server) if you like
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Bandicoot wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Jakeman wrote: »
    ur84so5sh7at.png

    @F8RGE

    The officer is STILL the easiest class to get battle points. EA did reduce the officers ability to gain battle points a while back yet they still are still very unbalanced compared to other classes. It should be equally easy to gain battle points regardless of what class your playing. A officer right now can battle command the moment the game starts and potentially gain almost a 1000 BP! That's ludicrous considering the health buff wears off before you even encounter an enemy.

    This dramatically affects GA and needs to be fixed ASAP.

    Your thoughts?

    [Edited title]

    It should be equally easy to snipe people across the map no matter what class you are playing.

    It should be equally easy to 1 shot people no matter what class you are playing.

    It should be equally easy to shield yourself from attack no matter what class you are playing.

    It should be equally easy to detect hidden enemies no matter what class you are playing.

    It should be equally easy to hide from enemy radar no matter what class you are playing.

    Let's give every "class" everything because it should be easy to do X no matter what class you are playing!

    Most peoples logic around here LOL. BP should be equal across the board playing to your classes strengths, I'm sure you'd agree.

    BP generation through team support is one of the class "strengths" of playing the Officer. BP generation through raw combat is one of the "strengths" of Heavy. If you are good at combat as a Heavy, you can achieve comperable BP generation to Officer /shrug.

    There's this thing in shooters where your meant to be good at 'shooting' to get rewarded hence the genre shooters. Officers dont need to shoot they just have to spam buttons while leaching off the achievements of better players. And the best part is they get more points for being buddha in the corner than said better players get. It's like Rey and insight, easy 1st place sitting in a corner.
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Jakeman wrote: »
    ur84so5sh7at.png

    @F8RGE

    The officer is STILL the easiest class to get battle points. EA did reduce the officers ability to gain battle points a while back yet they still are still very unbalanced compared to other classes. It should be equally easy to gain battle points regardless of what class your playing. A officer right now can battle command the moment the game starts and potentially gain almost a 1000 BP! That's ludicrous considering the health buff wears off before you even encounter an enemy.

    This dramatically affects GA and needs to be fixed ASAP.

    Your thoughts?

    [Edited title]

    It should be equally easy to snipe people across the map no matter what class you are playing.

    It should be equally easy to 1 shot people no matter what class you are playing.

    It should be equally easy to shield yourself from attack no matter what class you are playing.

    It should be equally easy to detect hidden enemies no matter what class you are playing.

    It should be equally easy to hide from enemy radar no matter what class you are playing.

    Let's give every "class" everything because it should be easy to do X no matter what class you are playing!

    That is pretty much where we are now.

    Aside from support every class can do everything.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • cosworth99 wrote: »
    There always has to be a class that will get the most points. Total balance is not what we want.

    Sorry, but I ground my way to that starcard, ground my way to that blaster.

    I don’t want someone who just bought the game melting me. I earned the right to make battle points.

    Why should you earn more points just cause you choose to play officer? I have a fully leveled assault I ground my way there too, yet it's fair that you earn more points cause you choose to play a specific class. By that logic they should rename it the battle point class.
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Bandicoot wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Jakeman wrote: »
    ur84so5sh7at.png

    @F8RGE

    The officer is STILL the easiest class to get battle points. EA did reduce the officers ability to gain battle points a while back yet they still are still very unbalanced compared to other classes. It should be equally easy to gain battle points regardless of what class your playing. A officer right now can battle command the moment the game starts and potentially gain almost a 1000 BP! That's ludicrous considering the health buff wears off before you even encounter an enemy.

    This dramatically affects GA and needs to be fixed ASAP.

    Your thoughts?

    [Edited title]

    It should be equally easy to snipe people across the map no matter what class you are playing.

    It should be equally easy to 1 shot people no matter what class you are playing.

    It should be equally easy to shield yourself from attack no matter what class you are playing.

    It should be equally easy to detect hidden enemies no matter what class you are playing.

    It should be equally easy to hide from enemy radar no matter what class you are playing.

    Let's give every "class" everything because it should be easy to do X no matter what class you are playing!

    Most peoples logic around here LOL. BP should be equal across the board playing to your classes strengths, I'm sure you'd agree.

    BP generation through team support is one of the class "strengths" of playing the Officer. BP generation through raw combat is one of the "strengths" of Heavy. If you are good at combat as a Heavy, you can achieve comperable BP generation to Officer /shrug.

    There's this thing in shooters where your meant to be good at 'shooting' to get rewarded hence the genre shooters. Officers dont need to shoot they just have to spam buttons while leaching off the achievements of better players. And the best part is they get more points for being buddha in the corner than said better players get. It's like Rey and insight, easy 1st place sitting in a corner.

    This is not true... for example since its inception the Battlefield games have provided extremely high rewards for playing a support role... in fact you can get the top scores in matches with relative ease by just playing medic and providing med packs and revives. If you view refreshing the cooldowns of teammates and reducing their chance of being killed as "leaching", then we have nothing further to discuss.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Bandicoot wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Bandicoot wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Jakeman wrote: »
    ur84so5sh7at.png

    @F8RGE

    The officer is STILL the easiest class to get battle points. EA did reduce the officers ability to gain battle points a while back yet they still are still very unbalanced compared to other classes. It should be equally easy to gain battle points regardless of what class your playing. A officer right now can battle command the moment the game starts and potentially gain almost a 1000 BP! That's ludicrous considering the health buff wears off before you even encounter an enemy.

    This dramatically affects GA and needs to be fixed ASAP.

    Your thoughts?

    [Edited title]

    It should be equally easy to snipe people across the map no matter what class you are playing.

    It should be equally easy to 1 shot people no matter what class you are playing.

    It should be equally easy to shield yourself from attack no matter what class you are playing.

    It should be equally easy to detect hidden enemies no matter what class you are playing.

    It should be equally easy to hide from enemy radar no matter what class you are playing.

    Let's give every "class" everything because it should be easy to do X no matter what class you are playing!

    Most peoples logic around here LOL. BP should be equal across the board playing to your classes strengths, I'm sure you'd agree.

    BP generation through team support is one of the class "strengths" of playing the Officer. BP generation through raw combat is one of the "strengths" of Heavy. If you are good at combat as a Heavy, you can achieve comperable BP generation to Officer /shrug.

    There's this thing in shooters where your meant to be good at 'shooting' to get rewarded hence the genre shooters. Officers dont need to shoot they just have to spam buttons while leaching off the achievements of better players. And the best part is they get more points for being buddha in the corner than said better players get. It's like Rey and insight, easy 1st place sitting in a corner.

    This is not true... for example since its inception the Battlefield games have provided extremely high rewards for playing a support role... in fact you can get the top scores in matches with relative ease by just playing medic and providing med packs and revives. If you view refreshing the cooldowns of teammates and reducing their chance of being killed as "leaching", then we have nothing further to discuss.

    Are you really going to try to explain the benefits of team play to a player base that only cares about going on kill streaks and getting the hero?

    They wont even go by objectives to try and win.

    Touche'
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    cosworth99 wrote: »
    There always has to be a class that will get the most points. Total balance is not what we want.

    Sorry, but I ground my way to that starcard, ground my way to that blaster.

    I don’t want someone who just bought the game melting me. I earned the right to make battle points.

    Why should you earn more points just cause you choose to play officer? I have a fully leveled assault I ground my way there too, yet it's fair that you earn more points cause you choose to play a specific class. By that logic they should rename it the battle point class.

    This fight is lost. If you want to main heroes in GA, play the Officer class, and take advantage of its inherent design feature of advanced BP generation.
  • Smattonellus
    682 posts Member
    edited February 12
    bfloo wrote: »

    Are you really going to try to explain the benefits of team play to a player base that only cares about going on kill streaks and getting the hero?

    They wont even go by objectives to try and win.
    This, everyone is so obsessed with killstreaks they are sure supporting and PTO shouldn't even be rewarded, I play officer with recharge command ingenious and defused and I can assure you I still manage to earn my battle points, even without the need of hogging heroes, and on that topic the hero hoggers usually run around getting even bigger killstreaks but not contributing a bit to the objective.
    P.S. don't get me started on spawn screen camping and all that ****.
  • Lol, you needed all this time to come to this conclusion ? Only reading the patch notes was far enough. Just another one of those troll changes. Here ,next patch watch them add +10 damage on Pull and that's it Kylo buffed and perfectly fine so everyone can move on.
  • Bandicoot wrote: »

    I play battlefield, the difference here is you still actually have to kill to get reasonable points. Also playing medic in battlefront takes a lot more skill than spamming commands in a corner behind hoards of teammates. Now answer an assault with a cr2 vs an officer with an se44. Why play the assault when the se44 does everything the cr2 can do, the officer can get health on command, and get passive battle points along the way? There really is no benefit to the assault, maybe if the assault got more points for kills, but it doesn't and the killing capacity is at least equal. If the officer got less points for the support role than for the players killing and giving the officer points it wouldn't be leaching, then the officer would have to make up half his points with kills. But as it is, the officers killing capacity is equal to other classes and they have passive battle point earning on the side.

    I suppose you would agree that finishing 1st place as rey with half as many kills as second place is also fair?
    I guess you don't know what cancer is vanguard in this game, you can pretty much scoop at least 3 kills every time you use that ability, doesn't sound less killing capacity than an officer, throw in there grenades and cr-2 and you got your assault class
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited February 12
    Bandicoot wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Bandicoot wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Bandicoot wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Jakeman wrote: »
    ur84so5sh7at.png

    @F8RGE

    The officer is STILL the easiest class to get battle points. EA did reduce the officers ability to gain battle points a while back yet they still are still very unbalanced compared to other classes. It should be equally easy to gain battle points regardless of what class your playing. A officer right now can battle command the moment the game starts and potentially gain almost a 1000 BP! That's ludicrous considering the health buff wears off before you even encounter an enemy.

    This dramatically affects GA and needs to be fixed ASAP.

    Your thoughts?

    [Edited title]

    It should be equally easy to snipe people across the map no matter what class you are playing.

    It should be equally easy to 1 shot people no matter what class you are playing.

    It should be equally easy to shield yourself from attack no matter what class you are playing.

    It should be equally easy to detect hidden enemies no matter what class you are playing.

    It should be equally easy to hide from enemy radar no matter what class you are playing.

    Let's give every "class" everything because it should be easy to do X no matter what class you are playing!

    Most peoples logic around here LOL. BP should be equal across the board playing to your classes strengths, I'm sure you'd agree.

    BP generation through team support is one of the class "strengths" of playing the Officer. BP generation through raw combat is one of the "strengths" of Heavy. If you are good at combat as a Heavy, you can achieve comperable BP generation to Officer /shrug.

    There's this thing in shooters where your meant to be good at 'shooting' to get rewarded hence the genre shooters. Officers dont need to shoot they just have to spam buttons while leaching off the achievements of better players. And the best part is they get more points for being buddha in the corner than said better players get. It's like Rey and insight, easy 1st place sitting in a corner.

    This is not true... for example since its inception the Battlefield games have provided extremely high rewards for playing a support role... in fact you can get the top scores in matches with relative ease by just playing medic and providing med packs and revives. If you view refreshing the cooldowns of teammates and reducing their chance of being killed as "leaching", then we have nothing further to discuss.

    I play battlefield, the difference here is you still actually have to kill to get reasonable points. Also playing medic in battlefront takes a lot more skill than spamming commands in a corner behind hoards of teammates. Now answer an assault with a cr2 vs an officer with an se44. Why play the assault when the se44 does everything the cr2 can do, the officer can get health on command, and get passive battle points along the way? There really is no benefit to the assault, maybe if the assault got more points for kills, but it doesn't and the killing capacity is at least equal. If the officer got less points for the support role than for the players killing and giving the officer points it wouldn't be leaching, then the officer would have to make up half his points with kills. But as it is, the officers killing capacity is equal to other classes and they have passive battle point earning on the side.

    I suppose you would agree that finishing 1st place as rey with half as many kills as second place is also fair?

    You really don't have to get kills in Battlefield as a medic... find where most of your team is stuck at a choke point and spam revives/medpacs ftw.

    As far as Assault, apparently you haven't realized the BP generation potential of the scan dart. As far as overall killing capacity, Heavy > Officer.

    As far as Rey, ya, that is completely fair... she has the single most powerful team ability in the game... it cannot be overstated how powerful AOE wallhacks for your entire team are... also why does it matter what her score is... once you get a hero your score is meaningless.

  • Bandicoot wrote: »

    I play battlefield, the difference here is you still actually have to kill to get reasonable points. Also playing medic in battlefront takes a lot more skill than spamming commands in a corner behind hoards of teammates. Now answer an assault with a cr2 vs an officer with an se44. Why play the assault when the se44 does everything the cr2 can do, the officer can get health on command, and get passive battle points along the way? There really is no benefit to the assault, maybe if the assault got more points for kills, but it doesn't and the killing capacity is at least equal. If the officer got less points for the support role than for the players killing and giving the officer points it wouldn't be leaching, then the officer would have to make up half his points with kills. But as it is, the officers killing capacity is equal to other classes and they have passive battle point earning on the side.

    I suppose you would agree that finishing 1st place as rey with half as many kills as second place is also fair?
    I guess you don't know what cancer is vanguard in this game, you can pretty much scoop at least 3 kills every time you use that ability, doesn't sound less killing capacity than an officer, throw in there grenades and cr-2 and you got your assault class

    And there’s no better time to activate Vanguard than right after receiving the Officer’s IBC health buff, thus giving them both score and BP for your actions. And don’t forget, while the effects don’t stack, if multiple Officers buff you, they all get full assist bonuses.
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    cosworth99 wrote: »
    There always has to be a class that will get the most points. Total balance is not what we want.

    Sorry, but I ground my way to that starcard, ground my way to that blaster.

    I don’t want someone who just bought the game melting me. I earned the right to make battle points.

    Why should you earn more points just cause you choose to play officer? I have a fully leveled assault I ground my way there too, yet it's fair that you earn more points cause you choose to play a specific class. By that logic they should rename it the battle point class.

    Of course you’ve misunderstood my post. I’m not saying I get points by PLAYING Officer. I’m saying that I ground the star card and the weapon that can get me points with my skill.

    I’m not sure how that isn’t clear?

    You can’t get a ton of points just mashing the keypad as Officer. You can get points playing it right and grinding for the SE-44C and the points cards.

    Are all of you 13 years old?

    Find me in Blast, Strike, or sometimes GA, usually playing Officer/Specialist/Aerial... u/n cosworth99. #oldguy
    Add me (xbox Oregon server) if you like

  • And there’s no better time to activate Vanguard than right after receiving the Officer’s IBC health buff, thus giving them both score and BP for your actions. And don’t forget, while the effects don’t stack, if multiple Officers buff you, they all get full assist bonuses.
    You say it like 100 extra HP on a 150 HP soldier don't make the difference, but you got a fair point about the not stacking and still everyone taking merits.

  • I'm not sure of this.
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • They have been nerfed enough. The only officers getting a lot of points are the ones actually helping their team by spamming Battle Commands on them.
  • Anyway, I don't really care about BP that much, the only purpose they serve is unlocking heroes, but, true story, most times I reach the threshold first in my squad but I don't die until I reach 6000 or something and by then some hero hogger already took them to being useless for the rest of the game. The point being, nerf officer BP if you want, I won't play heroes anyway and I care more about actually winning the match, something I can help with by using your unfair class.

  • And there’s no better time to activate Vanguard than right after receiving the Officer’s IBC health buff, thus giving them both score and BP for your actions. And don’t forget, while the effects don’t stack, if multiple Officers buff you, they all get full assist bonuses.
    You say it like 100 extra HP on a 150 HP soldier don't make the difference, but you got a fair point about the not stacking and still everyone taking merits.
    I think you’ve misunderstood. 100 hp is very strong. The point made was comparing the Assault and Officer and their combat strengths. You suggested that the vanguard pushes the Assault ahead of the Officer. I was simply suggesting that this doesn’t matter since the Officer can get points off the vanguard kills. Applying this to BP generation, the Officer is clearly the better choice. This also applies to the other classes.
  • Smattonellus
    682 posts Member
    edited February 12


    I think you’ve misunderstood. 100 hp is very strong. The point made was comparing the Assault and Officer and their combat strengths. You suggested that the vanguard pushes the Assault ahead of the Officer. I was simply suggesting that this doesn’t matter since the Officer can get points off the vanguard kills. Applying this to BP generation, the Officer is clearly the better choice. This also applies to the other classes.

    Well, I was really talking about stopping power, putting aside the BP argument. But sure, the officer right now is the best choice, and not because it can kill better the the others, but because as you pointed it can be exploited , mainly to rush heroes, I won't deny that. But I play with a build meant to fully support my squad, I feel making a huge impact on a fight, and I feel like that should be rewarded, or else I could just grab my trusted tl 50 and go full Rambo. I'm derailing, what I am arguing about is not people complaining about BP generation, but people saying officers are GG ezy spam one BuTtoN get Herro.
  • Gotta love the crutch Officer insinuations when assault runs around with wallhacks, vanguard, and adrenaline stim, or specialist with the ee4 wallhack/melee bubble/scan bins, or the heavy with a god shield and a spam helo minigun. Hey, I’m not bagging and run all of them, just sayin crutches are the makeup of most of this game, no one seems to want anything skill based.


  • I think you’ve misunderstood. 100 hp is very strong. The point made was comparing the Assault and Officer and their combat strengths. You suggested that the vanguard pushes the Assault ahead of the Officer. I was simply suggesting that this doesn’t matter since the Officer can get points off the vanguard kills. Applying this to BP generation, the Officer is clearly the better choice. This also applies to the other classes.

    Well, I was really talking about stopping power, putting aside the BP argument. But sure, the officer right now is the best choice, and not because it can kill better the the others, but because as you pointed it can be exploited , mainly to rush heroes, I won't deny that. But I play with a build meant to fully support my squad, I feel making a huge impact on a fight, and I feel like that should be rewarded, or else I could just grab my trusted tl 50 and go full Rambo. I'm derailing, what I am arguing about is not people complaining about BP generation, but people saying officers are GG ezy spam one BuTtoN get Herro.

    The last comment is true, they are easy. I know as I main assault and am beaten by officers with less than half the kills every game. Its no secret, stop defending. If i switch to officer which i rarely ever play, its an easy run to a hero just through commands and a couple of assists. I played a game a week ago where i had 12 objective eliminations 2nd place and an officer was in 1st with 0 eliminations and 1000 more score.
    But we all know its not gonna get fixed, it is funny to see everyone defend their crutch.
  • Bandicoot
    956 posts Member
    edited February 12
    Gotta love the crutch Officer insinuations when assault runs around with wallhacks, vanguard, and adrenaline stim, or specialist with the ee4 wallhack/melee bubble/scan bins, or the heavy with a god shield and a spam helo minigun. Hey, I’m not bagging and run all of them, just sayin crutches are the makeup of most of this game, no one seems to want anything skill based.

    I agree, this game is about cheesing not skill. But everyone stop mentioning assault scan dart, it would be great if it worked.


  • I think you’ve misunderstood. 100 hp is very strong. The point made was comparing the Assault and Officer and their combat strengths. You suggested that the vanguard pushes the Assault ahead of the Officer. I was simply suggesting that this doesn’t matter since the Officer can get points off the vanguard kills. Applying this to BP generation, the Officer is clearly the better choice. This also applies to the other classes.

    Well, I was really talking about stopping power, putting aside the BP argument. But sure, the officer right now is the best choice, and not because it can kill better the the others, but because as you pointed it can be exploited , mainly to rush heroes, I won't deny that. But I play with a build meant to fully support my squad, I feel making a huge impact on a fight, and I feel like that should be rewarded, or else I could just grab my trusted tl 50 and go full Rambo. I'm derailing, what I am arguing about is not people complaining about BP generation, but people saying officers are GG ezy spam one BuTtoN get Herro.

    Ah. We are in agreement then.
  • Noobery is strong in this thread
  • Smattonellus
    682 posts Member
    edited February 12
    Bandicoot wrote: »

    The last comment is true, they are easy. I know as I main assault and am beaten by officers with less than half the kills every game. Its no secret, stop defending. If i switch to officer which i rarely ever play, its an easy run to a hero just through commands and a couple of assists. I played a game a week ago where i had 12 objective eliminations 2nd place and an officer was in 1st with 0 eliminations and 1000 more score.
    But we all know its not gonna get fixed, it is funny to see everyone defend their crutch.
    Your mistake is judging everything based on eliminations, a quick example, on maps like hoth, Theed etc... Many times I just focus on the ion cannon, and as you should know every succesfull shot gives an hefty 1k BP, the catch? I rarely kill anybody but I'm sure in the top 3 of my team. So the number of eliminations(that include assists, don't forget) is not relevant, regarding the officer, that guy could have been easily spamming his command behind a group of allies, and you know what? That could have had a greater impact than a dozen kills. I can accept part of your criticism but stop pretending that just because someone doesn't have kills, or isn't skilled, is useless in the game. The real issue are all the clueless fodder that completely ignore the objective and lack any tactics and just stumble around with snipers in close quarters maps.


Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!