criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Launching the new mode with just CW?

Prev1
Big misstep if so. Especially after delays.

iz1yqx8pa0xf.jpeg

Will this be updated or are we left to assume CW/PT only to start?

If OT maps and ships aren’t coming it would be nice to know.
Knights of Gareth
XBL- JsOnMyFett 13

Replies

  • Let’s all hope that part of the delay is due to multiple map designs. I’m expecting only one map to start with.
  • Alex64
    7436 posts Member
    I would also know if OT will come or not.
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • All signs are pointing to CW era only game mode with a single map (Geo), albeit a huge map with two capital ships.
  • Versatti wrote: »
    All signs are pointing to CW era only game mode with a single map (Geo), albeit a huge map with two capital ships.

    Or two maps (Naboo and Geonosis). I think we can all agree that we can rule out Mos Eisley as a possibility.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • Oh man... This new mode cannot be CW only......

    At least its new content!
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • What is the dynamic at play here re not telling the customer what is known now versus later? I am only left with some contractual obligation either with Disney or Distribution channel or Resource scheduling ie if the mode is not well received then reallocate to other projects rather than do additional maps ?
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member
    What is the dynamic at play here re not telling the customer what is known now versus later? I am only left with some contractual obligation either with Disney or Distribution channel or Resource scheduling ie if the mode is not well received then reallocate to other projects rather than do additional maps ?

    With how many complaints every little thing they say brings, would you say anything other than the absolute minimum?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Oh man... This new mode cannot be CW only......

    The reddit will still eat it up.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    What is the dynamic at play here re not telling the customer what is known now versus later? I am only left with some contractual obligation either with Disney or Distribution channel or Resource scheduling ie if the mode is not well received then reallocate to other projects rather than do additional maps ?

    With how many complaints every little thing they say brings, would you say anything other than the absolute minimum?

    Don’t think it has anything to do with that to be honest. It’s more likely just an industry tactic to generate hype and anticipation.
  • More than one map? I'm genuinely shocked! Don't forget the OT. ST is fine to forget I'm still trying
  • bfloo wrote: »
    What is the dynamic at play here re not telling the customer what is known now versus later? I am only left with some contractual obligation either with Disney or Distribution channel or Resource scheduling ie if the mode is not well received then reallocate to other projects rather than do additional maps ?

    With how many complaints every little thing they say brings, would you say anything other than the absolute minimum?

    I think their skin is thick enough. Money is the decision driver.
  • Versatti wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    What is the dynamic at play here re not telling the customer what is known now versus later? I am only left with some contractual obligation either with Disney or Distribution channel or Resource scheduling ie if the mode is not well received then reallocate to other projects rather than do additional maps ?

    With how many complaints every little thing they say brings, would you say anything other than the absolute minimum?

    Don’t think it has anything to do with that to be honest. It’s more likely just an industry tactic to generate hype and anticipation.

    ....to what ends?
  • Ah just read that. I got really excited when I saw the Dreadnought mentioned. Thought it was about the FO one. This sucks.
  • Versatti wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    What is the dynamic at play here re not telling the customer what is known now versus later? I am only left with some contractual obligation either with Disney or Distribution channel or Resource scheduling ie if the mode is not well received then reallocate to other projects rather than do additional maps ?

    With how many complaints every little thing they say brings, would you say anything other than the absolute minimum?

    Don’t think it has anything to do with that to be honest. It’s more likely just an industry tactic to generate hype and anticipation.

    ....to what ends?

    Under normal circumstances to keep people interested, spending money.

    In a toxic environment such as this, your guess is as good as mine.

  • Piscettios wrote: »
    All I’ve wanted since Dice got the nod to reboot the Battlefront series is for them to drop Conquest with a SW skin over it. Seemed like a no brainer. Now that we know they don’t want to step on their own toes and do that, this mode sounds like the closest we’ll get.
    Been playing Battlefield since ‘03 in BF1942... a time when most agreed the PT was trash. Now it appears the PT will be the featured era, and likely the only one from the start. My interest level is falling fast.


    Same deal here. There’s not much of me left.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • hsf_
    1820 posts Member
    edited February 13
    Piscettios wrote: »
    All I’ve wanted since Dice got the nod to reboot the Battlefront series is for them to drop Conquest with a SW skin over it. Seemed like a no brainer. Now that we know they don’t want to step on their own toes and do that, this mode sounds like the closest we’ll get.
    Been playing Battlefield since ‘03 in BF1942... a time when most agreed the PT was trash. Now it appears the PT will be the featured era, and likely the only one from the start. My interest level is falling fast.

    You do realise that the average age for video games is around 15-28, right? That's the largest demographic of video gamers online. Naturally, this age group would have grown up around the CW trilogy, therefore it will be more in demand than OT and ST.
    Not only that PT has bigger battles, more iconic characters(as in there are more of them) as well as having bigger and more popular actors in the film industry.
  • I'm still trying to piece together(sure we all are) what this new mode is exactly. Yes capital ships yadda yadda, non linear. Will there be command posts? Air and land vehicles? As the wise @piscettios has said, I just want old school conquest. Back and forth, each team struggling for control, truly unlimited awesome.
  • WodiQuix
    4558 posts Member
    edited February 13
    Single-era game modes don't make any sense to me, as the scenarios are all likely to happen in all three eras.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    My interest level is falling fast.

    Same here.

    #StarWars-y
  • It really irritates me that for ~6 months everyone went on and on about wanting more CW content, and now everyone’s back to hating CW, and DICE for releasing it.
  • Most likely. I would believe this is simply because Geonosis is the only one they made.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • I hope at the very least they include ONE original trilogy map. I am a huge clone ware fan and even I understand star wars is more than just one era.

    But when you look at it logistically, DICE is going to have to create two entirely new maps for the empire and rebel flagships. That’s a lot of work for a company so underfunded.
  • Smattonellus
    683 posts Member
    edited February 13

    Same old boring argument. I grew up with the PT and I’m sick to death of it. Bring on the OT and ST content.
    To be honest there isn't really much CW content to be sick of, so far they only released one map, three heroes and a bunch of skins, and in march the count will raise to four heroes and some other skin, the perception of being sick of it its not because is too much content, but because they stretched it over six months. The way things are going getting OT content would be another map some skin and maybe a couple heroes over another six months. Blame EA for stripping the development of resources.
  • It's sad but i think that initially only Geonosis

    1bfioawlu399.png
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    All I’ve wanted since Dice got the nod to reboot the Battlefront series is for them to drop Conquest with a SW skin over it. Seemed like a no brainer. Now that we know they don’t want to step on their own toes and do that, this mode sounds like the closest we’ll get.
    Been playing Battlefield since ‘03 in BF1942... a time when most agreed the PT was trash. Now it appears the PT will be the featured era, and likely the only one from the start. My interest level is falling fast.

    You do realise that the average age for video games is around 15-28, right? That's the largest demographic of video gamers online. Naturally, this age group would have grown up around the CW trilogy, therefore it will be more in demand than OT and ST.
    Not only that PT has bigger battles, more iconic characters(as in there are more of them) as well as having bigger and more popular actors in the film industry.

    Not all people in the 15-28 age group like CW/PT
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    All I’ve wanted since Dice got the nod to reboot the Battlefront series is for them to drop Conquest with a SW skin over it. Seemed like a no brainer. Now that we know they don’t want to step on their own toes and do that, this mode sounds like the closest we’ll get.
    Been playing Battlefield since ‘03 in BF1942... a time when most agreed the PT was trash. Now it appears the PT will be the featured era, and likely the only one from the start. My interest level is falling fast.

    I think still most people agree the PT is garbage. Its the social media/YouTube bubble.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    All I’ve wanted since Dice got the nod to reboot the Battlefront series is for them to drop Conquest with a SW skin over it. Seemed like a no brainer. Now that we know they don’t want to step on their own toes and do that, this mode sounds like the closest we’ll get.
    Been playing Battlefield since ‘03 in BF1942... a time when most agreed the PT was trash. Now it appears the PT will be the featured era, and likely the only one from the start. My interest level is falling fast.

    I think still most people agree the PT is garbage. Its the social media/YouTube bubble.

    Would not agree on that, but I can understand that more than one era should be included when the mode releases..

    Guess they are currently looking into how to find a balance between number of eras available and number of maps. Since they e.g. will most likely not be able to take something like Endor to this new mode easily (due to the high amount of rendering for the forest that would be needed)

  • Same old boring argument. I grew up with the PT and I’m sick to death of it. Bring on the OT and ST content.
    To be honest there isn't really much CW content to be sick of, so far they only released one map, three heroes and a bunch of skins, and in march the count will raise to four heroes and some other skin, the perception of being sick of it its not because is too much content, but because they stretched it over six months. The way things are going getting OT content would be another map some skin and maybe a couple heroes over another six months. Blame EA for stripping the development of resources.

    No I do agree that this amount of content should have been in maybe 2 drops maximum. The slow content drip is sickening. But it’s been going on far too long. Time to stretch out and drip feed us another era, if that’s even in the cards at this point.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    All I’ve wanted since Dice got the nod to reboot the Battlefront series is for them to drop Conquest with a SW skin over it. Seemed like a no brainer. Now that we know they don’t want to step on their own toes and do that, this mode sounds like the closest we’ll get.
    Been playing Battlefield since ‘03 in BF1942... a time when most agreed the PT was trash. Now it appears the PT will be the featured era, and likely the only one from the start. My interest level is falling fast.

    You do realise that the average age for video games is around 15-28, right? That's the largest demographic of video gamers online. Naturally, this age group would have grown up around the CW trilogy, therefore it will be more in demand than OT and ST.
    Not only that PT has bigger battles, more iconic characters(as in there are more of them) as well as having bigger and more popular actors in the film industry.

    Actually the average age of gamers is 35-40, so you are wrong.

    Also, I like the PT but:

    - More iconic characters?! :joy:
    - Bigger and more popular actors?! :joy:

    Behave mate. Remember what started it all and what is seen as the best by the majority, and the most iconic? Oh yeah, the original trilogy. Widely seen as best SW film and one of the best films ever? The Empire Strikes Back. Just remember PT wouldnt exist if it werent for the original trilogy.

    The last statement isn’t exactly valid though. The roles could’ve been reversed and the PT could’ve come first and it still wouldn’t be valid. The other statement are pretty true, but saying that remember it came first is not really a valid argument.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • DarthJ
    6561 posts Member
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    All I’ve wanted since Dice got the nod to reboot the Battlefront series is for them to drop Conquest with a SW skin over it. Seemed like a no brainer. Now that we know they don’t want to step on their own toes and do that, this mode sounds like the closest we’ll get.
    Been playing Battlefield since ‘03 in BF1942... a time when most agreed the PT was trash. Now it appears the PT will be the featured era, and likely the only one from the start. My interest level is falling fast.

    You do realise that the average age for video games is around 15-28, right? That's the largest demographic of video gamers online. Naturally, this age group would have grown up around the CW trilogy, therefore it will be more in demand than OT and ST.
    Not only that PT has bigger battles, more iconic characters(as in there are more of them) as well as having bigger and more popular actors in the film industry.

    Actually the average age of gamers is 35-40, so you are wrong.

    Also, I like the PT but:

    - More iconic characters?! :joy:
    - Bigger and more popular actors?! :joy:

    Behave mate. Remember what started it all and what is seen as the best by the majority, and the most iconic? Oh yeah, the original trilogy. Widely seen as best SW film and one of the best films ever? The Empire Strikes Back. Just remember PT wouldnt exist if it werent for the original trilogy.

    The last statement isn’t exactly valid though. The roles could’ve been reversed and the PT could’ve come first and it still wouldn’t be valid. The other statement are pretty true, but saying that remember it came first is not really a valid argument.

    But it didn't come first. And the OT did. So technically it is valid :wink:
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    All I’ve wanted since Dice got the nod to reboot the Battlefront series is for them to drop Conquest with a SW skin over it. Seemed like a no brainer. Now that we know they don’t want to step on their own toes and do that, this mode sounds like the closest we’ll get.
    Been playing Battlefield since ‘03 in BF1942... a time when most agreed the PT was trash. Now it appears the PT will be the featured era, and likely the only one from the start. My interest level is falling fast.

    I think still most people agree the PT is garbage. Its the social media/YouTube bubble.

    Would not agree on that, but I can understand that more than one era should be included when the mode releases..

    Guess they are currently looking into how to find a balance between number of eras available and number of maps. Since they e.g. will most likely not be able to take something like Endor to this new mode easily (due to the high amount of rendering for the forest that would be needed)

    Good point but still a huge downer.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Yavin, Mos Eisley, Hoth and ‘15 Endor for new mode pls!

    "not clone wars therefore no good"
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Yavin, Mos Eisley, Hoth and ‘15 Endor for new mode pls!

    "not clone wars therefore no good"

    Ok pal first up, this isn’t the Reddit bubble.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Yavin, Mos Eisley, Hoth and ‘15 Endor for new mode pls!

    "not clone wars therefore no good"

    Ok pal first up, this isn’t the Reddit bubble.

    Yeah no one is being ignored
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • The worst part of all that is that I like playing starfighters but the PT ships are the ones I like the least...

    They should have known when they started development on the new mode that releasing a new large scale mode for just one era was not a good idea. 1 map per era would have been the best way to do it. Either that or release it with the bare minimum and promise to change that the following month with at least 1 map for the OT and 1 for the ST. They already had assets and references on maps for ST and OT at some point.

    I would say let's wait for the CT and see, but I feel like we won't be surprised for the better.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • I have yet to be pleasantly surprised by any CT. But I do always have hope. I agree as well that we should wait to see what they say as the constant speculation and always asking for stuff we won't get is getting weary.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!