criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

I played Cargo tonight.....

Prev1
I played Cargo tonight on SWBF1 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Clans, modded controllers and spammers are an issue. But that aside the only thing I would take from SWBF2 is the roll mechanism.

So much fun. UK, PS4. If you want a game!

Replies

• The main thing that keeps from going back to get my Cargo fill is how terrible the roll mechanic on that game is. They've done it so well on BF2. I really wish this game had Cargo.
  • I played Cargo tonight on SWBF1 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Clans, modded controllers and spammers are an issue. But that aside the only thing I would take from SWBF2 is the roll mechanism.

How do you recognize modded controllers? And be warned, if you'll say it's because of the speed of their EE or shooting during combat roll, I'll laugh at you
  • Srublord wrote: »
    I played Cargo tonight on SWBF1 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Clans, modded controllers and spammers are an issue. But that aside the only thing I would take from SWBF2 is the roll mechanism.

How do you recognize modded controllers? And be warned, if you'll say it's because of the speed of their EE or shooting during combat roll, I'll laugh at you

They probably also include KB/M and I will laugh if you say you cannot spot them.EE is just a rythmn ....we know
  • I played Cargo tonight on SWBF1 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Clans, modded controllers and spammers are an issue. But that aside the only thing I would take from SWBF2 is the roll mechanism.

CLAN/premade festation - It was always the down side of Cargo...Most easy to dominate mode of the lot hence why some Clans/Groupd enthused it so much
  • Modded controllers or M+K adapters are definitely a problem in Xbox for BF2015. This dude straight up one shotted me with an EE3 from a pretty good distance. After that I knew something fishy was going on

The EE3 burst is hard to get going perfectly every shot, but some people they fire it at top speed non stop, which is very difficult to do with a standard controller

The EE3 burst is hard to get going perfectly every shot, but some people they fire it at top speed non stop, which is very difficult to do with a standard controller
    But not impossible with practise.

That’s why so few are legit. Very few I’ve seen do it right. Most of the legit ones have moved on. The top players I knew ran with no traits, no triangles, limited spam items, no shield, no shock, no bacta, no scan. It was very competitive to say the least.
  • Modded controllers or M+K adapters are definitely a problem in Xbox for BF2015. This dude straight up one shotted me with an EE3 from a pretty good distance. After that I knew something fishy was going on
    Modded controllers and MnK can't change damage value or maximum RoF

That’s why so few are legit. Very few I’ve seen do it right. Most of the legit ones have moved on. The top players I knew ran with no traits, no triangles, limited spam items, no shield, no shock, no bacta, no scan. It was very competitive to say the least.

Spot on!

After 3,500 games plus of Cargo, I know the difference between a m/k user to a standard controller.

So laugh all you want those that fly around the screen using burst mode guns and landing every shot are definitely not using the standard set up.

Anyhoo..... I loved it on again tonight! Need this mode and droid run in SWBF2!!
    Modded controllers or M+K adapters are definitely a problem in Xbox for BF2015. This dude straight up one shotted me with an EE3 from a pretty good distance. After that I knew something fishy was going on

Does not matter so much because

M+K with macros can exploit ADS quick scoping and perfect EE rythm so that mouse and single key press will take out someone 'instantly' and might even time the cooling flush signal ...so yes they are advantages
  • 2015 for life
  • 2015 for life

My favourite game ever!
    Srublord wrote: »
    Modded controllers or M+K adapters are definitely a problem in Xbox for BF2015. This dude straight up one shotted me with an EE3 from a pretty good distance. After that I knew something fishy was going on

Does not matter so much because

M+K with macros can exploit ADS quick scoping and perfect EE rythm so that mouse and single key press will take out someone 'instantly' and might even time the cooling flush signal ...so yes they are advantages

Completely agree! Only the deluded that resort to that want to believe otherwise.
  • Another night, great games.....I think at least one night a week should be SWBF2015 night!
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    edited February 12
    More likely M&KB than a modded controller. Scrub move either way.

PS4 has become infested

The ability to burst EE-3/4 at the maximum firerate just by holding the trigger is a huge advantage, regardless of whether it's within the game's capacity or not. Also there are mods currently on console to change the actual values of certain weapons, not damage necessarily (although I've heard it is possible) but even things like spread. Check the video below, starting around 13:00 (should be roughly timestamped for you). You don't have to sit and watch the whole thing from there but skip around anywhere between that timestamp and about 20ish minutes, the player in the video showcases a few of the different capabilities of current mods on PS4 (and presumably Xbox).

Mods and such will not make a terrible player amazing all of the sudden. But they will make a good player that much better, and they will make phenomenal players nearly invincible. Believe me when I say that playing against someone with the proper mods as seen below, on trait level 3 bodyguard+bacta/stim, who can roll on a dime, is arguably just as difficult, if not MORE difficult, than playing against your average hero as infantry.

Of course this applies to MKB as well, it's simply better hardware for shooters. Using a reliable MKB on console is clearly an advantage.
    EDIT: around 16:20 is the demonstration of the reduced spread on the E-11

[+3748 posts]
  • ^^What he said^^

Not really. Scripts are way more of an issues on PS4 for BF15. Scripts and M&K were nearly nonexistent on XB1 when compared to PS4.
    My name is Bob

• 2015 for life

^^^
    BF15 mechanics and TTK with BF2 combat roll.

9jbehtylcuvy.gif

I preferred the roll in BF15. The BF17 roll animation is super slow. DICE also raised the aim assist against combat rolls. I do prefer some things about the BF17 roll mechanic, but the things I mentioned damper it for me.
    My name is Bob

• It's not as easy to spot a modder as you think, @superdood92. I knew many of the top player on XB1 and can guarantee most of them weren't modding. I've even been falsely accused before. If you send me a private message with the suspicious gamertag I may have some insight.

PS4 is a different matter. It was clean at some point, but modded scripts are spreading like a wildfire.
    My name is Bob

Actually, some modded controllers increase the rate of fire, especially on burst weapons. I saw it first hand at one of my son's friend's house on BF2015. This was when the game was at its peak. It was some sort of digital adapter he hooked his controller into and caused the EE-3 to do fast triple bursts for each trigger squeeze. The EE-3 still had the same overheat threshold but landed a lot more shots in a shorter span.

Actually, some modded controllers increase the rate of fire, especially on burst weapons. I saw it first hand at one of my son's friend's house on BF2015. This was when the game was at its peak. It was some sort of digital adapter he hooked his controller into and caused the EE-3 to do fast triple bursts for each trigger squeeze. The EE-3 still had the same overheat threshold but landed a lot more shots in a shorter span.

....and yet people will deny it all . BF15 has regularly clan tagged Douchers doing this these days
  • Finest_Banana
    1781 posts Member
    edited February 15

....and yet people will deny it all . BF15 has regularly clan tagged Douchers doing this these days

On PS4, yes. The list of cheaters is massive. Not on XB1. Script and macro usage is *slowly* increasing on BF15 XB1, but the vast majority of players aren't using scripts. Even the guys who play competitively.

The PS4 competitive community set a bad precedent by allowing an M&K user to play on their tournaments. The player in reference wasn't very good, so most people shrugged their shoulders about it. Being a mediocre player didn't make it any better. He was using a masking device which fools the PS4 into believing a console is in use. This enables M&K use *and* aim assist. It's one thing to play pubs with that person. It's entirely different to allow m&k in a competitive environment.

Give an inch and they'll take a mile. It sent a message to would-be cheaters that using scripts and macros was acceptable. Eventually script and macro usage caught fire and the PS4 competitive community did very little about it. Ignorance isn't a good excuse either. Many of the cheaters on PS4 are publicly known. Some were exposed for asking for and receiving scripts and macros. Others directly admit to using them.

Things went much differently on Xbox. The competitive ruleset was more strict than it was on PS4. The BF15 XB1 community wouldn't accept anyone using M&K or scripts/macros on a legitimate private match tournament.

Unfortunately, some PS4 users recently bought XB1s and brought scripts and macros with them. I suspect they'll spread them to other XB1 players. If so, at least the game died before they managed to cause PS4-level damage to the XB1 scene.

Here's something funny: One of the PS4 players who bought an XB1 fashions himself as the "top Battlefront player." That's laughable of course. He's not the best even with cheats. As soon as the player bought an XB1 he got destroyed by one of the better XB1 players. Multiple times. Then he inaccurately accused the XB1 player of using M&K. :D
    Post edited by Finest_Banana on
    My name is Bob

• * Fools the PS4 into believing a controller is in use. I'd directly edit the comment, but it would probably disappear for hours.
    My name is Bob

• Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited February 13
    @Finest_Banana think you kidding yourself ( chip on your shoulder re Ps4 ) if you beleive the mentality of cheating varies from console to console . Unfortunately consoles heading for a murky future re level playing field...in a way morally worse than PC equipment advantages
  • Finest_Banana
    1781 posts Member
    edited February 15
    @Finest_Banana think you kidding yourself ( chip on your shoulder re Ps4 ) if you beleive the mentality of cheating varies from console to console . Unfortunately consoles heading for a murky future re level playing field...in a way morally worse than PC equipment advantages

Cheating is an issue on both consoles. However, BF15 XB1 players did more to prevent it than PS4. That's undeniable really. As I wrote, scripts, macros, and M&K weren't punished on PS4. They *knew* about certain people using these devices and still allowed them to participate in comp play. The end result was a dramatic increase in cheaters.

Just look at the BF15 PS4 community now. There are YouTube sections filled with a bunch of cheaters arguing over who is the best BF15 competitive player. That wouldn't fly on XB1. If someone was using macros, they would get banned from competitive tournaments. They'd be shamed and excluded from the scene.
    My name is Bob

• Finest_Banana
    1781 posts Member
    edited February 13
    The fact PS4 players knowingly allowed someone to use M&K on competitive tournaments shows there was a difference in mentality.

I agree with you re: consoles heading for a murky future. I can tell you from direct experience that some of the top XB1 Destiny 2 players are using M&K. I've played with top 500 guys who have directly told me they use M&K on D2. I'm sure scripts and macros are an issue as well.

Microsoft and Sony need to do a better job. I'm fine with allowing supported M&K devices since players with different input devices are usually separated into different lobbies. I'm not okay with people using masking devices to fool the console a controller is being used instead of a m&k. It destroys the competitive balance.

Both companies need to come down hard on scripts and macros. Why is it so hard for them to detect? I honestly wouldn't mind if Microsoft banned all devices not directly produced by them or one of their partners.
    My name is Bob

• "BF15 XB1 players did more to prevent it than PS4. That's undeniable really." How so? ( U don't have to answer that as I am not really that interested )

My impression was that during BF15 XB1 had many more better controllers ( than out the box ) on offer than PS4

Why is it so hard for them to detect?" .... look at it from a business view .

Technically you have the bother of providing it in the kernel of your Opsy ( which might slow things down ) / having a test / validation procedure etc etc . Also it is another layer for a Developer to deal with and not necessarily their priority.

Still think you are reaching with mentality. It surely is the blocking that lessens things not a different mentality? Clearly you are very passionate about your platform ( I don't care about Platform except one that tries to be more level at the time for shooters ) .

• I always think it is a badge of honour if the K/D is in the plus and they don’t beat you by 10. (When playing the dodgy ones)

My only bugbear is when they emote you like they are the greatest and they can only beat you / on a par with you when using hacks.
  • Still.....Going to be in again this eve. Otherwise it’s another night of waiting for the Strike glitch to let the game start.
  • Finest_Banana
    1781 posts Member
    edited February 15
    "BF15 XB1 players did more to prevent it than PS4. That's undeniable really." How so? ( U don't have to answer that as I am not really that interested )

My impression was that during BF15 XB1 had many more better controllers ( than out the box ) on offer than PS4

Why is it so hard for them to detect?" .... look at it from a business view .

Technically you have the bother of providing it in the kernel of your Opsy ( which might slow things down ) / having a test / validation procedure etc etc . Also it is another layer for a Developer to deal with and not necessarily their priority.

Still think you are reaching with mentality. It surely is the blocking that lessens things not a different mentality? Clearly you are very passionate about your platform ( I don't care about Platform except one that tries to be more level at the time for shooters ) .

No I'm not. This discussion is specific to the BF15 playerbase only. Using m&k masking, scripts, and macros is equally a problem on both consoles. But that wasn't the case on BF15. Masking devices, scripts, and macros are everywhere on PS4 BF15. It's been an issue for quite some time over there.

It wasn't as bad on XB1. I have direct knowledge of what many of the top XB1 players used. Most of them used the default controller or the Microsoft Elite controller.
    My name is Bob

• I always think it is a badge of honour if the K/D is in the plus and they don’t beat you by 10. (When playing the dodgy ones)

My only bugbear is when they emote you like they are the greatest and they can only beat you / on a par with you when using hacks.

Unless they are intentionally keeping the game going
    My name is Bob

• bfloo
    15002 posts Member
    I always think it is a badge of honour if the K/D is in the plus and they don’t beat you by 10. (When playing the dodgy ones)

I put in hundreds of hours in cargo, I rarely came across this
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    I always think it is a badge of honour if the K/D is in the plus and they don’t beat you by 10. (When playing the dodgy ones)

I put in hundreds of hours in cargo, I rarely came across this

Lucky...I've experienced this often when it was a trolling premade
  • d0kRX
    1407 posts Member
    I've been playing some more cargo the last few days on PS4 and I have a friend that hates it when players use modded controllers. He said anything except for a standard DS4 is straight up cheating, especially scuff controllers.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • d0kRX
    1407 posts Member
    I have another friend who uses mnk but it's because he gets cramps from the controller that he doesn't get with mnk, he tells me he uses no scripts or macros, and is not interested in competition out being known. He just wants to have some casual fun, with an input device that doesn't give his hands cramps, and the banter from friends.

You might say to this guy to go play on the PC, but I have told him this and he says his friends are all in PS4 and theres cheaters on PC and people who have way better setups and at least on PS4 he knows all three consoles are similar spec wise.

If you played with the same dude I played with one time, it was clear he was using either a mouse or modded controller. Other players in the lobby also noticed how fishy his shots were too. Wouldn't even be surprised if he was cheating since he was one-shotting people from pretty far distances.

Not really. Scripts are way more of an issues on PS4 for BF15. Scripts and M&K were nearly nonexistent on XB1 when compared to PS4.

I wasn't talking about PS4. what you said is completely irrelevant to what I said.
  • Finest_Banana
    1781 posts Member
    edited February 15
    d0kRX wrote: »
    I've been playing some more cargo the last few days on PS4 and I have a friend that hates it when players use modded controllers. He said anything except for a standard DS4 is straight up cheating, especially scuff controllers.

Scuff controllers aren't cheating. The majority of professional console gamers use similar pro controllers. The main benefit is paddles on the back which correspond to buttons. They're a convenient alternative to clawing or button remapping. They don't give any advantage over the elite controller, which is an official controller created by Microsoft for the XB1.

The phrase "modded controllers" refers to controllers which have scripts and macros, such as auto aim, increased aim assist, reduced spread, built-in max ROF rapid fire, auto sprint, 1 button rolling, and etc. Professional controllers don't have those scripts or macros. They require input for everything and don't have cheats such as increased aim assist.

The devices he should be complaining about are xim, cronus, and the Titan Two.
    My name is Bob

I wasn't talking about PS4. what you said is completely irrelevant to what I said.

No it isn't. I wrote that scripts/macros and M&K weren't a big issue on XB1 BF15. That's relevant to what you wrote.

Chances are the person you think is modding is actually just a great player. I'll tell you if I recognize the Xbox GT if you send me a private message. I know many of the top players. I even had (and still have) some of them added as friends on social media platforms.
    My name is Bob

• d0kRX
    1407 posts Member

Scuff controllers aren't cheating. The majority of professional console gamers use similar pro controllers. The main benefit is paddles on the back which correspond to buttons. They're a convenient alternative to clawing or button remapping. They don't give any advantage over the elite controller, which is an official controller created by Microsoft for the XB1.

The phrase "modded controllers" refers to controllers which have scripts and macros, such as auto aim, increased aim assist, reduced spread, built-in max ROF rapid fire, auto sprint, 1 button rolling, and etc. Professional controllers don't have those scripts or macros. They require input for everything and don't have cheats such as increased aim assist.

The devices he should be complaining about are xim, cronus, and the Titan Two.

Well I could read this comment of yours word for word to my friend.....

......and he would still say that any controller other than a regular DS4 on the PS4 is cheating.
  • d0kRX
    1407 posts Member
    Also I am assuming my friend who plays with mouse and keyboard then is a cheater and I ought to report him lol. :smiley:
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    Also I am assuming my friend who plays with mouse and keyboard then is a cheater and I ought to report him lol. :smiley:

He isn't cheating outright but he does have an advantage over other players
    [+3748 posts]
  • Yeah. Not a fan of people using M&K on console. The advantage is more than slight.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh

If you played with the same dude I played with one time, it was clear he was using either a mouse or modded controller. Other players in the lobby also noticed how fishy his shots were too. Wouldn't even be surprised if he was cheating since he was one-shotting people from pretty far distances.

You keep mentioning "from pretty far distances" this is just the quick scoping effect and anyone can do it with standard controller just takes some practice .....However it is very exploitable with a key macro/script
  • Finest_Banana
    1781 posts Member
    edited February 15

It depends on if they're using a masking device, which cloaks M&K as a controller. Those devices enable aim assist and scripts/macro access. Using M&K without those devices isn't cheating, as M&K is officially supported. The game developer has the final say. M&K users are often placed in separate lobbies.

I bet using scripts and macros isn't bannable. Both consoles do little to protect the sanctity of the game. I view it as cheating, but it *technically* may not be.

I wouldn't worry about it since he's only a casual pub player. Even if he's using a Xim or Cronus to use M&K, he's probably not using scripts or anything. That setup shouldn't be allowed on competitive private matches though, regardless of skill level. That's my take at least.
    My name is Bob

You keep mentioning "from pretty far distances" this is just the quick scoping effect and anyone can do it with standard controller just takes some practice .....However it is very exploitable with a key macro/script

Absolutely. I complained about ADS abuse for years. It was a major issue. IIRC, it's why cross-map "trick shots" with the pulse cannon were one of the easiest things to do in the game. That and the pulse cannon giving kills despite completely missing the target.

ADS aim-assist was so strong that it enabled terrible players to abuse the EE-4 and put up decent numbers. On Scarif, aiming down sights behind a bush would still drag your sights onto enemies, even if they were across the map. That shows how strong ADS was. It was one of my biggest issues with BF15. Unfortunately, it's a problem on BF17 as well.
    My name is Bob

• The little time I spent in Battlefield 1 it was there as well.As you say same story in BF17 GA
  • Welp. Unfortunate news. I recently discovered that one of the top remaining XB1 players has been using a Cronus. He keeps lying about it too.
    My name is Bob