criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Lol - are you seriously asking me why?

Played some more HvH last night. Game was so unbalanced, the opposite team had 4 players, my team 2. The opposite team had 50+ kills, mine had 0. So what do I do? I don't quit, I just wait until the next game. We wait for 5 minutes until we find 2 more players.

Then the next game, 2 of my new teammates just quit. So its back to 4 vs 2, steamroll again. So what do I do? I wait until the next game. Wait for 5 minutes until we find 2 more players again.

The same scenario in game 3, except this time it's 1 player that quits while another one is afk. So this time I just quit, I just spent like 30 minutes waiting and getting steamrolled and not enjoying the game.

Then the funny part happens: 2 guys from the opposite team and my 1 active teammate send me messages via PSN insulting me and asking why did I leave, people like me ruin HvH when quitting, making the game unbalanced etc...

SERIOUSLY??!

Why should I stay in these games after getting killed over and over again, not accomplishing anything and not having any fun? And on top of that getting insulted post game?

Lol. Just Lol at this community and game (not even talking about bugs and such, just the unbalanced state of HvH).

As a game designer, don't you see this mode as flawed?

Replies

• I know, but how **** do you have to be to ask me why I left when you were steamrolling me for 3 games in a row??
  • OcDoc
    1488 posts Member
    To have 3 games in a row undermanned in HvV is a tough stretch. Typically I don’t get more than 2 in a row.

But I would still quit at the end of the game if someone else was on my team and trying.
  • bfloo
    14992 posts Member
    I wouldn't have even given that lobby a 2nd go after the 1st pummeling.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Turn the tables by making some friends & play with them

There’s a section on this site where you can find other players to play with, or just make a thread in general chat.

Or when you see someone who you think is good, send them a friend request
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • zambalex2 wrote: »
    I know, but how **** do you have to be to ask me why I left when you were steamrolling me for 3 games in a row??

Just to set the record straight
    I don't think you was playing me
    But the chance that you did
    I don't send messages to people unless there my teammates
  • What I’ve found is few want actual competitive play or competition, they want easy wins and most need groups for that to happen in this game, from what I’ve experienced.
  • I generally play to lv up Hero's
    Normally I take turns with my boy
    GA i team up sometimes with 1 teammate
    90% of the time I play solo
  • Keep backing out until you find a competitive match
  • I have endured total beat downs before, and it happens a lot, in fact. There are better players out there always, or imbalanced situations. Some days (rarely), I do great and get lots of kills in HvV. Win some, lose some. It is the nature of sport. It is life.
  • I only quit if I am steamrolled in 4 straight matches and know that I am going up against a group not solos. If I lose to solo teams, I stick it out; matchmaking will switch things up, and next time, I will be on the winning team.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • bfloo
    14992 posts Member
    I only quit if I am steamrolled in 4 straight matches and know that I am going up against a group not solos. If I lose to solo teams, I stick it out; matchmaking will switch things up, and next time, I will be on the winning team.

You must have better luck with matchmaking than I do. It is always steam roll after steamroll after steamroll in any lobby I go in, I just have to hope to be on the right side of it.

h846398gb27k.png

• I only quit if I am steamrolled in 4 straight matches and know that I am going up against a group not solos. If I lose to solo teams, I stick it out; matchmaking will switch things up, and next time, I will be on the winning team.

It takes you 4 matches to figure that out? I can tell premades in the first min of any mode...
  • bfloo wrote: »
    I only quit if I am steamrolled in 4 straight matches and know that I am going up against a group not solos. If I lose to solo teams, I stick it out; matchmaking will switch things up, and next time, I will be on the winning team.

You must have better luck with matchmaking than I do. It is always steam roll after steamroll after steamroll in any lobby I go in, I just have to hope to be on the right side of it.

I'm seeing that a lot, I guess it's bargain bin kids. Always end up top of team after a couple min in GA, wonder where the rest of your team is and check the stats after realising no one on your team has a clue what they're doing.
    Backout, re queue and repeat.

It's bad because experienced players will stop if they can't find competitive games and the noobs will get sick of being rolled = dying playerbase
  • SWymsa wrote: »

It takes you 4 matches to figure that out? I can tell premades in the first min of any mode...

It takes me four matches to confirm that. Matchmaking occurs after two matches, and, if I see that nearly the entire other team is the same, and they still steamroll two more matches than I quit. And, unlike others, I don’t back out of a match the first time I get steamrolled.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • Bunch of ego stroking try hards looking for steamroll wins. You’re free to leave. They’re some random PSN names and you owe them nothing. Not enjoying the match? Leave.

Couldn't agree more. I'll stay in most matches with 3 other teammates, sometimes even 2, no matter how bad we're doing...if they're at least trying and sticking together, BUT when it drops down to me and one other player, and nobody joins within a couple of minutes, I'm out.
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    edited February 14
    Soloqueuing HvV has always been a less-than-stellar experience, but lately it has been especially bad. Babysitting blueberries is getting old. I really want a free for all mode.
    [+3748 posts]
  • Raices
    1151 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    Soloqueuing HvV has always been a less-than-stellar experience, but lately it has been especially bad. Babysitting blueberries is getting old. I really want a free for all mode.

This
  • Bunch of ego stroking try hards looking for steamroll wins. You’re free to leave. They’re some random PSN names and you owe them nothing. Not enjoying the match? Leave.

This!
  • This game is like a bad drug

1rst hit is the best you ever have and rest of the time you be chasing it

When you get steamrolled you always say the next game will be better due to new ppl and you get steamrolled again and you say maybe next set of ppl will be better and it happens again always chasing for that good set of randos where it all clicks together and be hell of a game.
  • More Extraction Maps Please
    Trooper modes
    It's time
  • Egos on BF17 HvV? What a time to be alive
    My name is Bob

• bfloo
    14992 posts Member
    SWymsa wrote: »

It takes me four matches to confirm that. Matchmaking occurs after two matches, and, if I see that nearly the entire other team is the same, and they still steamroll two more matches than I quit. And, unlike others, I don’t back out of a match the first time I get steamrolled.

The only changes I get staying in a lobby are the ones who replace those who drop out.

While I know many have eor issues, except for SA, it hasn't been an issue for me.
    I haven't touched strike, hunt or extraction for months, they could be terrible as well.

h846398gb27k.png

• I play HvV because it is fun, your team was leaving because of being steamrolled by better players.
    This game is like a bad drug

1rst hit is the best you ever have and rest of the time you be chasing it

When you get steamrolled you always say the next game will be better due to new ppl and you get steamrolled again and you say maybe next set of ppl will be better and it happens again always chasing for that good set of randos where it all clicks together and be hell of a game.

Yes, you got that right. I was about to write something like that.