criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Genosis - By far the worst map, BUT could be Amazing

natenrb9
35 posts Member
edited February 13
Is it just me or is Genosis the stupidest map in the game...?

BUT it could be one of the best, the graphics and design are incredible, what wreck it are the 2 second stages, basically impossible to win as the droids, and super boring.

The first stage is great, nothing needs to be done there.

The second stage gives so much advantage to the clones, I’d be surprised if droids have EVER won across all platforms and servers. First, the clones have the high ground to an insane degree, second the droids spawn about 10 miles from where the clones are, and third of course the AT-TE’s are ridiculously overpowered.

For the 3rd stage it mostly just comes down to the AT-TE’s being ridiculously OP.

One thing thay could really change the map is if the spider drones were controllable in some fashion. That alone could maybe change the whole tide of the map, giving actually giving the droids a shot at winning.

Another would be to have some kind of high powered rockets the droids could find to launch at the AT-TE’s to give more objective and give them more fire power to combat the clones.

Dice please fix Geonosis, it could be amazing, but needs several tweaks. As of now it is just lame because the clones can win the 2nd and 3rd stages without even trying.

Replies

• bfloo
    14501 posts Member
    It isn't the map, it is the 2 phases of walkers that respawn where ever the droids destroy them.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• eh, Kamino is worse
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    eh, Kamino is worse

Kamino the clones usually win, but you can win as the droids, not so with Geonosis, so nope.
  • Geonosis probably isn't fair, but I think the way it plays out overall is enjoyable. Everything Hoth should have been. God it's so ugly though.
    [+3748 posts]
  • I agree with these errors. It’s inherent to the GA mode. Hopefully Titan will solve the problem by providing a chance to play the beautiful map non linearly!
    eh, Kamino is worse

No way. I've won and lost on as the droids and clones on all phases of kamino.

After phase one on geonosis, I have yet to win as the droids.
  • natenrb9 wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    eh, Kamino is worse

Kamino the clones usually win, but you can win as the droids, not so with Geonosis, so nope.

You cannot win Kamino as the droids against a team of equal skill, not even close... you would be hard pressed to make it past phase 1 against a good team of equal skill, and absolutely no way you would get past p3 barracks side or p4.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    natenrb9 wrote: »
    eh, Kamino is worse

You cannot win Kamino as the droids against a team of equal skill, not even close... you would be hard pressed to make it past phase 1 against a good team of equal skill, and absolutely no way you would get past p3 barracks side or p4.

It’s possible, but not really a needed point and no need to debate. Only thing that matters is that I (and I’m guessing many of you) have won as the droids many many times on kamino, but I (and I’m sure many of you) have never once won as the droids on the 2nd or 3rd phase of Geonosis.
  • JackTHorn
    3563 posts Member
    edited February 14
    Geonosis has some balance issues, but it's the best map in GA as far as I'm concerned. It's the only map I can tolerate playing despite the ridiculous hero spam. and I love how it opens up as you keep going, rather than narrowing down.
    Post edited by JackTHorn on
  • 8b6nzue3gh1u.jpg
    Recommend ^^^ this dude ^^^ for Droid reinforcements
    Geonosis should be outrageous .... coming from every direction.... Unleashed Holy Armageddon.... explosions that make you QUIT and crawl back in bed (I want my mommy stuff)
    Geonosis is amazing... and empty... definitely not the worst map. The Devs put a ton of beautiful work in that map....
    Geo would be a good map for tank / speeder battles (all of them) - but can't get anyone to violate canon in this game??? Now I wait for skinnnnnns and the Titan mode? Waiting for skinnnnns and weapons that blast snipers into the OUTER ...... RIM./// Gorrilla Walkers? Rancor beast? Any Beast? A Motocross Dirt Bike or Greivous Fifth wheel? Night Fire with explosive flares (highlighting the enemy)?
  • VaperEyes wrote: »
    8b6nzue3gh1u.jpg
    Recommend ^^^ this dude ^^^ for Droid reinforcements
    Geonosis should be outrageous .... coming from every direction.... Unleashed Holy Armageddon.... explosions that make you QUIT and crawl back in bed (I want my mommy stuff)
    Geonosis is amazing... and empty... definitely not the worst map. The Devs put a ton of beautiful work in that map....
    Geo would be a good map for tank / speeder battles (all of them) - but can't get anyone to violate canon in this game??? Now I wait for skinnnnnns and the Titan mode? Waiting for skinnnnns and weapons that blast snipers into the OUTER ...... RIM./// Gorrilla Walkers? Rancor beast? Any Beast? A Motocross Dirt Bike or Greivous Fifth wheel? Night Fire with explosive flares (highlighting the enemy)?

I do for sure agree it is one of the most beautiful maps, just needs a mechanics revamp.

• JackTHorn wrote: »
    Genesis has some balance issues, but it's the best map in GA as far as I'm concerned. It's the only map I can tolerate playing despite the ridiculous hero spam. and I love how it opens up as you keep going, rather than narrowing down.

Agreed. Much better than the current funnel the epic scale battle into a room like Naboo, Takodana and Kamino which turns GA into HvV with troopers and reinforcements. Dislike those maps to the point of just auto-quitting when they appear as they turn into a choke point hero filled spam mess. At least Geonosis provides an epic battle throughout the map and not just the first two phases which it is why it is one of the few GA maps I'll play.
    #StarWars-y
  • VaperEyes
    599 posts Member
    edited February 13
    Yes - I agree that the mechanics could be ridiculous fun... just let me drive a Spider droid or operate a cannon from the 'Clock Tower' - something?
    Genesis has some balance issues, but it's the best map in GA as far as I'm concerned. It's the only map I can tolerate playing despite the ridiculous hero spam. and I love how it opens up as you keep going, rather than narrowing down.

BUT have you ever won as the droids in the 2nd or 3rd stage??

Agreed. Much better than the current funnel the epic scale battle into a room like Naboo, Takodana and Kamino which turns GA into HvV with troopers and reinforcements. Dislike those maps to the point of just auto-quitting when they appear as they turn into a choke point hero filled spam mess. At least Geonosis provides an epic battle throughout the map and not just the first two phases which it is why it is one of the few GA maps I'll play.

BUT have you ever won as the droids in the 2nd or 3rd stage on Geonosis??
    JackTHorn wrote: »

Actually it was on Geonosis where I had a good game of GA today. Made it to 3rd phase as droids but the clones managed to get a heavily damaged AT-TE in and defend it. Did not win but it was a good battle right up to the end.
    Not saying the map is perfect but for myself the design of Geonosis is better than some of the other GA maps. I might be slightly biased as I main Heavy and target vehicles so when I play as the droids, Geonosis is a good hunting ground. The AAT's could use more cover when spawning in or choose a location where clones can't shoot you before you can move. Suggested adding another AAT or 2 for the droids so there would be 4 AAT's instead of 2 on the feedback thread when the map dropped. I mean the streets of Theed get 2 AAT's which is understandable but an open battlefront like Geonosis should have more than 2 AAT's. (Ulterior motive was I wanted to be able to target and destroy the AAT's as a Heavy clone trooper.) Also suggested upping the health of the AI spider droids if we can't play as them. Maybe add an objective in that if the droids hold the "uplink" long enough they could call in Hyena bomber support.
    An open map with multiple powerful and heavily armored rail free mobile targets with infantry, reinforcement and hero support. As you know, Geonosis is a little different than just holding an objective location in a room or destroying a stationary object. For myself Geonosis brings a different and welcomed challenge than what GA has been so far. Thankfully, swinging a glowstick in a closet does not get a victory on this map. Granted it is not easy for the droids and some modifications to even the odds a little better would be welcomed but a good team who understands pto means destroying the AT-TE's have a greater chance of success than those who don't.
    Yes, I've won on Geonosis as the droids but it wasn't easy and it doesn't happen often but it can be done.

#StarWars-y
  • OG-9 droid and Dwarf Spider droid playables are the solution.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
    eh, Kamino is worse

Robots can win on phase 1 of Geonosis, no Robot team is winning on phase 4 of Kamino if the defenders are at the very least competent.

Geonosis can also be fixed unlike Kamino where they would have to take phase 4 out altogether for it to be better.
    Defbored wrote: »
    eh, Kamino is worse

No way. I've won and lost on as the droids and clones on all phases of kamino.

After phase one on geonosis, I have yet to win as the droids.

If the clones lost on phase 4 of Kamino then they are borderline AFK.
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
  • Naboo, Kamino, Geonosis, Kashykk. All terrible.

Multiple times
  • Most beautiful map but its horrible for gameplay.. Its just too open and the maps too huge for 20v20

so far twice. actually had a team committed to hitting the AT TE's early as possible and we seemed to have lots of ion weapons
    PSN: computerson
    eh, Kamino is worse
    eh, Kamino is worse

Nope

Listen to the majority Empire TW
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    Naboo, Kamino, Geonosis, Kashykk. All terrible.

True but Yakima 4, Death Star 2, Endor, tatoonie, Hoth even more awful especially Hoth.
  • Every GA map is flawed, one side shouldn't have objectives, both sides should, this was the issue in bf2015 walker assault, and they still didnt fix it
  • bfloo
    14501 posts Member
    Every GA map is flawed, one side shouldn't have objectives, both sides should, this was the issue in bf2015 walker assault, and they still didnt fix it

At least in WA the objectives went back and forth until the y wings came.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    Every GA map is flawed, one side shouldn't have objectives, both sides should, this was the issue in bf2015 walker assault, and they still didnt fix it

At least in WA the objectives went back and forth until the y wings came.

Fired up some WA today. Both Endor maps, Sullust, Jundland wastes and twilight Hoth. Had some great matches.
    #StarWars-y
    eh, Kamino is worse
    eh, Kamino is worse

Nope

The majority...

Sure like 2 people say it's not as bad, keep believing that if you want I'll choose to not be delusional.
    CeymalRen wrote: »

True but Yakima 4, Death Star 2, Endor, tatoonie, Hoth even more awful especially Hoth.

In great detail to explain how those maps are awful, let alone being worse than maps where the defenders will always win if they are at the very least competent.
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    eh, Kamino is worse
    eh, Kamino is worse

Nope

The majority...

Sure like 2 people say it's not as bad, keep believing that if you want I'll choose to not be delusional.

In great detail to explain how those maps are awful, let alone being worse than maps where the defenders will always win if they are at the very least competent.

IMO all god awful anticlimactic wars maps are awful like how you believe all clown maps are awful because of the era.
    eh, Kamino is worse
    eh, Kamino is worse

Nope

The majority...

IMO all god awful anticlimactic wars maps are awful like how you believe all clown maps are awful because of the era.

Really stretching for a joke name aren't you?

I don't think they are awful because of the era they are awful because of the map design.
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    eh, Kamino is worse
    eh, Kamino is worse

Nope

The majority...

I don't think they are awful because of the era they are awful because of the map design.

The map design are all find, it’s the health of the MTTs and ATTs that’s messing the map up. If they change the health a bit then the maps would be enjoyable. TBH the only bad maps in this game is jakku and Hoth but that’s really because of the unbalance. Maybe in March these maps will really shine.
    eh, Kamino is worse
    eh, Kamino is worse

Nope

The majority...

The map design are all find, it’s the health of the MTTs and ATTs that’s messing the map up. If they change the health a bit then the maps would be enjoyable. TBH the only bad maps in this game is jakku and Hoth but that’s really because of the unbalance. Maybe in March these maps will really shine.

No they are not

The droids can't even get up the steps on Phase 2 of theed, Kashyyyk all the defenders have to do is hide in one turbo tank, and Kamino phase 4 only has 2 entrances that are comically easy to defend.

In what way is Hoth "unbalanced"?
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
  • I don’t have personal experience losing as droids very often on Geonosis so I have no idea what you’re talking about.
  • Always thought Crait was the worst IMO. So heavily favoured towards the Attacking team - almost always guaranteed a high ticket return after Phase 1, followed by a 100% win and high ticket return after Phase 2 thanks to infinitely respawning AT-ST's, and then lastly hit three massive targets that Louis f**king Braille couldn't miss.

Geonosis isn't exactly a great map but compared to that...
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • bfloo
    14501 posts Member
    Duke_M wrote: »
    Always thought Crait was the worst IMO. So heavily favoured towards the Attacking team - almost always guaranteed a high ticket return after Phase 1, followed by a 100% win and high ticket return after Phase 2 thanks to infinitely respawning AT-ST's, and then lastly hit three massive targets that Louis f**king Braille couldn't miss.

If we could only get more FO teams to actually shoot at the 3 massive targets :'(

h846398gb27k.png

• Duke_M wrote: »
    Always thought Crait was the worst IMO. So heavily favoured towards the Attacking team - almost always guaranteed a high ticket return after Phase 1, followed by a 100% win and high ticket return after Phase 2 thanks to infinitely respawning AT-ST's, and then lastly hit three massive targets that Louis f**king Braille couldn't miss.

Hitting the walkers on Crait is so easy it is a joke, but hardly anyone commits to it. I can't remember the last time the attacking team started phase 2 with 100 tickets when I was defending. Many times I have been top of the leaderboard at that point with less than 5 elims. Imagine if one or two others also played that way, would never get to phase 2.
  • AVGN
    508 posts Member
    All PT maps are terrible gameplay-wise and the "new" spawn system only made things worst (not that i don't like it), it is clear the game mode was not designed with squad spawns in mind. I'd really like to know who's the genius who thought allowing Rey and Yoda to camp inside the Turbo Tanks while Wookiees spawn in was a good idea, but oh well... who am i to judge, right?
    Beta tester for STAR WARS™ Bugfront 2™.

What were they thinking?
  • Eddie7417
    168 posts Member
    edited February 15
    Lost on Geonosis as clones yesterday. Was in a party of 4 as well but we were all going for high kill streaks instead of playing objective. I think lowering tanks hp by 10% would be more fair for the droids side. Also think they should change droids default spawn points because they are way to far out of combat.
  • Eh, I think it's mid-tier. Fine but not great. I hate Starkiller, Kamino, Hoth, and Jakku way more than Geonosis. I hope it's re-balanced in the future, but right now it's not amazing.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    867 posts Member
    edited February 15
    OG-9 playable and with more damage to do a massive damage to the AT-TEs. The clones will have two objective.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • Duke_M wrote: »

Crait is very well balanced imo. Must be in
    The top 3 maps overall.
  • AVGN wrote: »
    All PT maps are terrible gameplay-wise and the "new" spawn system only made things worst (not that i don't like it), it is clear the game mode was not designed with squad spawns in mind. I'd really like to know who's the genius who thought allowing Rey and Yoda to camp inside the Turbo Tanks while Wookiees spawn in was a good idea, but oh well... who am i to judge, right?

This x1000
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    Duke_M wrote: »

Crait is very well balanced imo. Must be in
    The top 3 maps overall.

I wouldn't say that, ATM6s seem a bit weak (and that bug where they sink into the ground) and the FO is too dependent on needing a good phase 2 or the doors will be too closed to win on phase 3.
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
  • Sorry i know the post is regards to GA, but just want to say its too big for HVV, needs making smaller.