criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

And need to be able to run and block.

It's not unreasonable in the movies!

Replies

  • hsf_
    1918 posts Member
    It's not unreasonable in the movies!

    But that would be ridiculous...
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    It's not unreasonable in the movies!

    But that would be ridiculous...

    I find it hard to believe they cannot make that work.. It does not make any sense at all that jedi and Sith can't run and block. It's an annoying and unrealistic limitation. Takes some good intensity away from the gameplay
  • hsf_
    1918 posts Member
    edited February 14
    hsf_ wrote: »
    It's not unreasonable in the movies!

    But that would be ridiculous...

    I find it hard to believe they cannot make that work.. It does not make any sense at all that jedi and Sith can't run and block. It's an annoying and unrealistic limitation. Takes some good intensity away from the gameplay
    No I'm not saying that, I'm saying your suggestion is ridiculous. Block and sprint? Why not just give them a button which makes them immortal?
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    It's not unreasonable in the movies!

    But that would be ridiculous...

    I find it hard to believe they cannot make that work.. It does not make any sense at all that jedi and Sith can't run and block. It's an annoying and unrealistic limitation. Takes some good intensity away from the gameplay

    It IS somewhat unrealistic compared with the movies, but it would probably break the game a bit TOO much in favour of saber heroes; like, if in keeping with the movies, hitting an opponent with a lightsaber or blaster was basically a one-hit kill. They would be basically unstoppable in HvV and still considerably hard to take down in GA.
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »
    It's not unreasonable in the movies!

    But that would be ridiculous...

    I find it hard to believe they cannot make that work.. It does not make any sense at all that jedi and Sith can't run and block. It's an annoying and unrealistic limitation. Takes some good intensity away from the gameplay
    No I'm not saying that, I'm saying your suggestion is ridiculous. Block and sprint? Why not just give them a button which makes them immortal?

    Uh, maybe because they aren't the same concepts? Lol. Why would you think that would make you invincible?
  • Majike wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »
    It's not unreasonable in the movies!

    But that would be ridiculous...

    I find it hard to believe they cannot make that work.. It does not make any sense at all that jedi and Sith can't run and block. It's an annoying and unrealistic limitation. Takes some good intensity away from the gameplay

    It IS somewhat unrealistic compared with the movies, but it would probably break the game a bit TOO much in favour of saber heroes; like, if in keeping with the movies, hitting an opponent with a lightsaber or blaster was basically a one-hit kill. They would be basically unstoppable in HvV and still considerably hard to take down in GA.

    I hear you on that. I feel it would definetly make them harder to kill, but why not balance it out by making the blaster heroes weapons more effective? They should tear through regular infantry anyway. A way could be made
  • hsf_
    1918 posts Member
    edited February 14
    hsf_ wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »
    It's not unreasonable in the movies!

    But that would be ridiculous...

    I find it hard to believe they cannot make that work.. It does not make any sense at all that jedi and Sith can't run and block. It's an annoying and unrealistic limitation. Takes some good intensity away from the gameplay
    No I'm not saying that, I'm saying your suggestion is ridiculous. Block and sprint? Why not just give them a button which makes them immortal?

    Uh, maybe because they aren't the same concepts? Lol. Why would you think that would make you invincible?
    Majike wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »
    It's not unreasonable in the movies!

    But that would be ridiculous...

    I find it hard to believe they cannot make that work.. It does not make any sense at all that jedi and Sith can't run and block. It's an annoying and unrealistic limitation. Takes some good intensity away from the gameplay

    It IS somewhat unrealistic compared with the movies, but it would probably break the game a bit TOO much in favour of saber heroes; like, if in keeping with the movies, hitting an opponent with a lightsaber or blaster was basically a one-hit kill. They would be basically unstoppable in HvV and still considerably hard to take down in GA.

    I hear you on that. I feel it would definetly make them harder to kill, but why not balance it out by making the blaster heroes weapons more effective? They should tear through regular infantry anyway. A way could be made

    You admit it's going to make them a lot harder to kill, and you even offer a balancing method... So do you still need me to explain why I think it's ridiculous? Imagine being able to spint and block in HvV, runners paradise. Also, imagine sprinting down the corridor towards the enemies for the final phase on Kamino while blocking, as well as phase 2 on Naboo. It would be a total massacre and that's not balanced at all, that's just pandering to hero play.

    It just seems a lot of people want to be able to turn themselves into a Godlike entity without putting in any effort to increase their skill levels. I've seen plenty of people getting 100+ kill streaks with so many different heroes in GA on youtube, without being able to sprint and block at the same time. This is because they've put the time and effort into the game to actually get good at it.
  • Running while blocking is exactly what HvV needs.....not
  • "Hey guys, I'm running away as the target because I suck, but now I can also block all the fire towards me and all the force powers aimed to disrupt me."

    -An alternate reality where this change exists.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    It's not unreasonable in the movies!

    No, heroes are insanely fast for no reason, Not sure why REY is so fast, it doesn't make sense to me, like honestly, how does she catch up to an aerial trooper.
  • Block while sprinting? Perhaps with accelerated stamina loss.
  • quenaelin
    1102 posts Member
    edited February 14
    I disagree. Look at the movies, they don't block and run at the same time, what are you talking about. There is enough running Mauls and Lukes in HvV, you want it even more? Devs are going to remove staggering so saber combat will be much quicker and not so much fun anymore, don't know why they are doing that. It is enough attack spamming as it is now, adding staggering to everybody would be much better, making saber combat longer.
Sign In or Register to comment.