criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Era Playlists?

Does anyone think that EA will eventually add Era playlists to Galactic Assault?

For example, someone who prefers playing the Sequel Trilogy Content (Residence vs First Order) they can just simply search for that instead of doing a random map?

Would be cool if they did add that as an option, that way fans can go direct to their preferred eras.

Replies

• Probably won't happen, the current rotation is the closest thing we will get to it but that is gonna change soon I think.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Probably won't happen, the current rotation is the closest thing we will get to it but that is gonna change soon I think.

Most likely this will happen. Personally, I think an era playlist is a bad idea as it will split up the small playerbase even more (and thus result in mostly empty lobbies for some eras (ST)).
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • bfloo
    14496 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Probably won't happen, the current rotation is the closest thing we will get to it but that is gonna change soon I think.

Most likely this will happen. Personally, I think an era playlist is a bad idea as it will split up the small playerbase even more (and thus result in mostly empty lobbies for some eras (ST)).

They said this would happen during the era lock event and the st was always full, even having only to FO heroes to pick from.
    I did find it odd that only the pt lobbies emptied out when I played during the event.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

They said this would happen during the era lock event and the st was always full, even having only to FO heroes to pick from.
    I did find it odd that only the pt lobbies emptied out when I played during the event.

True, but those who wanted to play GA during that event didn’t have any other GA options.
    And we all know that the ST era-appropriate LS heroes is the biggest and strongest era-accurate group of heroes (or at least as strong as the OT era-appropriate group of LS heroes).

Still, we won’t really know the true effects of era playlists for GA until the devs actually try it out (like that will ever happen).

• bfloo
    14496 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

True, but those who wanted to play GA during that event didn’t have any other GA options.
    And we all know that the ST era-appropriate LS heroes is the biggest and strongest era-accurate group of heroes (or at least as strong as the OT era-appropriate group of LS heroes).

Still, we won’t really know the true effects of era playlists for GA until the devs actually try it out (like that will ever happen).

I'm still baffled that I have an all era Star Wars game where I can't pick the era I want to play.

h846398gb27k.png

Yeah the rip off era would suffer, I already back out of those matches anyway and know a few who do the same. Trying to force people to play factions/maps they don't want to has a more detrimental effect I'd guess. Creates dissatisfaction.
    bfloo wrote: »

I'm still baffled that I have an all era Star Wars game where I can't pick the era I want to play.

At the least, you can back out of that GA map and try to find a different GA group which is on a non ST map.

• If they do the Era only map deal probly back out of games where I play for the DS due to hey you can play but 2 Heros but the LS team can pick anywhere from 3-7 heros so enjoy your time.... nope not for me.

Now if both sides roughly have the same amount of heros to choose from sure I go for it then but not when you are handicap that bad.
  • If they do the Era only map deal probly back out of games where I play for the DS due to hey you can play but 2 Heros but the LS team can pick anywhere from 3-7 heros so enjoy your time.... nope not for me.

Now if both sides roughly have the same amount of heros to choose from sure I go for it then but not when you are handicap that bad.

They aren't doing that, not this month at least.
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
  • SVEJ
    1158 posts Member
    Kylo47 wrote: »
    Does anyone think that EA will eventually add Era playlists to Galactic Assault?

For example, someone who prefers playing the Sequel Trilogy Content (Residence vs First Order) they can just simply search for that instead of doing a random map?

Would be cool if they did add that as an option, that way fans can go direct to their preferred eras.

EA has nothing to do with the playlists, it's on DICE, much like all the bugs and the server issues are on DICE's end.

And too answer your question, NO, DICE doesn't care about immersion let alone playlists, you have ewok hunt, Cant find games, i've suggested before to just simply merge them into one playlist (,EWOK HUNT, EXTRACTION, JETPACK CARGO) but nothing. It's just taking up space and servers. They shut down ping site but lag increases.

LOL. ST maps are always packed. The playerbase is already split. I just go back into the menu when a PT map commes up. Then re join and hope to get a Star Wars map. Only difference is now I have those extra steps.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »

LOL. ST maps are always packed. The playerbase is already split. I just go back into the menu when a PT map commes up. Then re join and hope to get a Star Wars map. Only difference is now I have those extra steps.

I don’t know how they are packed though. I thought most of the people on the forum disliked the ST maps (which personally I don’t mind).

• bfloo
    14496 posts Member
    CeymalRen wrote: »

I don’t know how they are packed though. I thought most of the people on the forum disliked the ST maps (which personally I don’t mind).

Every era has good and bad maps, which vary by player.

Ga I enjoy Kamino, Kasyyyk. OT Yavin and Endor, ST SKB and Crait.

The others I find dull or to play poorly.

Naboo phase 1 is fun, but the palace is an awful design.

I know Kamino is a strange choice, but I figured it out as the Droids and with a half way decent team will make the final phase.

h846398gb27k.png

I hope the current rotation stays, like you say it’s the closest thing to choosing what map you want to play.
    CeymalRen wrote: »

Every era has good and bad maps, which vary by player.

Ga I enjoy Kamino, Kasyyyk. OT Yavin and Endor, ST SKB and Crait.

The others I find dull or to play poorly.

Naboo phase 1 is fun, but the palace is an awful design.

I know Kamino is a strange choice, but I figured it out as the Droids and with a half way decent team will make the final phase.

For me, I enjoy (in GA)....
    PT: Naboo and Kamino
    OT: Yavin IV, Mos Eisley, Death Star 2, and Endor
    ST: Jakku and Crait

• Kylo47 wrote: »

I hope the current rotation stays, like you say it’s the closest thing to choosing what map you want to play.

There is a chance that they might go back after the nonsense events where they remove the maps but it's anyone's guess at this point, them ignoring the feedback out maps being taken away being bad is not a good sign though.
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    Kylo47 wrote: »

There is a chance that they might go back after the nonsense events where they remove the maps but it's anyone's guess at this point, them ignoring the feedback out maps being taken away being bad is not a good sign though.

The events wouldn’t be nonsense if they added night versions to more of the maps.....

• I just really want to play Geonosis. In all my time playing Battlefront 2 I only got to play the map twice during the event.
  • I wouldn't mind that. Literally just had my first game of GA on Geonosis, which was really fun (got a decent killstreak with Obi-Wan), but it'll probably be another month or two before I get that map again :(
  • CeymalRen wrote: »

Lol...we just found out all the people active on this forum are only like 300 people.....an itty bitty fraction of the playerbase.
  • *Bump*
    I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

Check out my concepts of a Coruscant Community Transmission Here:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/131088/coruscant-community-transmission-concept#latest
  • This is a great topic.
    I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

Check out my concepts of a Coruscant Community Transmission Here:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/131088/coruscant-community-transmission-concept#latest
  • Kylo47
    16 posts Member
    This is a great topic.

😉