criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

Question For The Battlefront II Community? What Content Do You Want To See In 2019 For BFII?

124Next

Replies

• Here's a quick list of all the things I miss from BF2015 that should be ported over while newer, fresher, cooler content continues to get developed.

I miss The Trench Run Phases. Playing as R2D2 was priceless. Completing the trench run was priceless. Even battling to take out the Star Destroyer communications was amazing.

I miss that version of HvV. Especially the 8v8 in the Outer Rim DLC. So much fun both as a hero or a trooper.

I miss Cargo. One of the best game modes I've ever played in any game. Jabba's Palace was my favorite map for it, too. I would be cool with having a limited time event where they changed our current Extraction to cargo.

I miss the Carbonite chamber map. Had a lot of fun times on that map.

I miss Walker Assault on Sorosuub Centroplex. Had some amazing rounds on that map.

I miss the map selector.

I miss everything about the Outer Rim DLC. Could play it for hours on end.

I miss Krennic, Dengar and Jyn Erso. Okay fine, I miss Greedo too.

I miss the skins for the troopers! There were some really good ones. However, Helmetless trooper will not be missed.

Shouldn't be so hard to get this content into the game. All content is good content (except Jetpack Cargo).
  • It would be nice e if the community weren't treated with absolute contempt - as evidenced by compliant threads on EoR MM being merged into a megathread and then set so that new posts don't bump the thread to the first page. That is disgraceful.

While we're at it, turn off EoR MM - it's killed the game for many players and was supposed to be a weekend test.
  • jonci
    1182 posts Member
    EV02AAA wrote: »
    It would be nice e if the community weren't treated with absolute contempt - as evidenced by compliant threads on EoR MM being merged into a megathread and then set so that new posts don't bump the thread to the first page. That is disgraceful.

While we're at it, turn off EoR MM - it's killed the game for many players and was supposed to be a weekend test.

You beat me to it dude well done. I say every post we reply to in whatever topic the EOR MM issue gets a sneaky mention.
    Any way so i don't get bumped the future capture the capitol ship thing they are bringing out in Feb includes star fighter modes as well, other wise its just a new GA map and just call it that a new GA map. Hopefully without EOR MM.
  • Peepzilla
    955 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    A port of all 2015 HvV maps. We've been playing with the same rotation for a year now. A lot of this community have never experienced the 2015 maps and those who did haven't played them in forever and would undoubtedly love to see their return in this game with the new heroes and mechanics.

Imagine playing with the current roster of heroes on Dune Sea Exchange or Imperial Hanger. I'd never get off this game.

Of course, porting the heroes from that game would be a mind-blowing bonus.
  • Maps: Scarif, Sullust, Bespin, Utapau, Mygeeto and Coruscant
    Game modes: Cargo, Droid run, Turning point, Extraction permanent, Jetpack cargo permanent, Ewok hunt permanent, Infiltration, Battle station, and Sabatoge.
    Heroes: Anakin, Ahsoka, Padme, Jango, Dooku, Mace Windu, Cad Bane, Ventress, Captain Rex, and OOM-9.
    Reinforcements: ARC troopers, Droidekas, Clone Flametroopers, Magnaguards, Rebel honor guard, Imperial guard, Rebel commando, Imperial commando, Resistance honor guard, Elite praetorian guard, Resistance pilot, First Order pilot.
  • Ok, add the infantry play mechanics and weapons of 15 to this game, then add cargo and dropzone for small modes to go along with the new conquest type mode.
  • Some new game modes would be a welcome addition. Maybe along the lines of a base attack/defense game.
  • Maps: Scarif, Sullust, Bespin, Utapau, Mygeeto and Coruscant
    Game modes: Cargo, Droid run, Turning point, Extraction permanent, Jetpack cargo permanent, Ewok hunt permanent, Infiltration, Battle station, and Sabatoge.
    Heroes: Anakin, Ahsoka, Padme, Jango, Dooku, Mace Windu, Cad Bane, Ventress, Captain Rex, and OOM-9.
    Reinforcements: ARC troopers, Droidekas, Clone Flametroopers, Magnaguards, Rebel honor guard, Imperial guard, Rebel commando, Imperial commando, Resistance honor guard, Elite praetorian guard, Resistance pilot, First Order pilot.

For game modes I think there should be a hero hunt mode. It could even be an order 66 game mode, where there are maybe 5 LS heroes and 20 or so clone troopers. In the beginning they fight together against AI droids and then the troopers receive a message from Palpatine, and have to turn on the heroes.
  • Not in any order of subjective priority:

1. Skins for Luke and Leia from A New Hope;
    2. Old Ben Kenobi skin;
    3. More maps - Sullust, Bespin, Scarif, and more BF15 port overs;
    4. More maps for Extraction, so that it can be a robust mode!
    5. More weapons - perhaps acquired through some unique challenges like Hutt Contracts or something similar;
    6. More Star Fighter Assault Maps (Death Star 2 trench run, please?);
    7. Can C-3PO/R2D2/BB8 be implemented in the game as an objective or otherwise? You did an awesome "Extract R2" objective in Battle Station for BF15 - that was cool; try something that like here?
    8. Admiral Ackbar, Poe Dameron, General Hux, General Veers - I mean, come on already.

Thank you and Merry Xmas, EA/Dice.
  • I need a rebel pilot skin. Well I guess I don't need it but I want it!
  • I’d take any new content at this point. At the moment we’re just struggling to get a new skin every month or 2
  • I would just like to know how long they plan to add content to the game. Does it end after the winter season, if so is there a bf3 planed.
  • Another mechanic that would be really awesome is a look around function while flying starfighters. It is mainly because in first person mode the cockpits look really well done but you can't really enjoy them. It seems like it would be an easy thing to add, just press down on the left analogue stick and turn it to look around (similar to what Birds of Steel does). It would also be useful in third person mode to look around at your surroundings. Just a thought.
  • I would just like to know how long they plan to add content to the game. Does it end after the winter season, if so is there a bf3 planed.
    I would just like to know how long they plan to add content to the game. Does it end after the winter season, if so is there a bf3 planed.

I hope Battlefront II gets better support this year and next year.
  • 1. Maps (for ALL modes)
    2. Blasters
    3. Cargo (infantry only)
    4. Skins (both trooper and hero)
    5. New Reinforcements
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • 1. Maps (for ALL modes)
    2. Blasters
    3. Cargo (infantry only)
    4. Skins (both trooper and hero)
    5. New Reinforcements

The dev team has discussed blasters and new maps and decided that we need more lightsaber heroes, get ready for ahsuck boy ;)))))
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    Trooper gender options.
    More trooper skins for all factions.
    More blasters not locked by class.
    Enforcement skins and emotes.
    Maps from 2015 dlc like um all of them.
    Heroes from 2015.
    More Luke skins like really.
    More hunt modes like a lot.
    Give SFA lots of love.
    Extraction really needs a hug.

And large scale offline mode for the 378th day somebody has been begging for like me.

A must for Battlefront II, hope to see whats in store for 2019.
  • Duke_M
    76 posts Member
    edited February 14
    Here goes...a few are highly doubtful but you never know :)

1) Bug fixing.

2) Improved team balancing (arguably the most important thing on this list IMO).

3) Cooldown timer for Vehicles once destroyed to avoid cheap infinite respawns.

4) Map balancing tweaks in GA. Takodana for instance is so badly designed. Shame there isn't a room to room fight throughout the entire castle in the final Phase instead of just one bloody room, changing the ticket count to the Defending team to stand off or lose once the tickets run out while there is also a time limit for the rescue ship to arrive. That's just one example. I'm sure there are others here that could also provide decent (and almost certainly better) feedback for this...who knows what could happen?

5) Turning Point.

6) Supremacy.

7) Battlefront 2015 maps ported into the game.

8) Extra weapons/Hutt Contracts.

9) Bug fixing.

10) Dengar!
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • -First fix bugs: saber combat(tracking , stun lock, swings that damage backwards) , force powers (improved with the fix, but obi wan's push still works half of the times and other heroes' are not totally reliable yet). These are the ones that come to my mind.
    -After that, expand on trooper gameplay, most importantly new guns(reworking the base weapons, porting from BF2015, more options are definitely needed, having more choice greatly impacts replay value), maybe a new base class, and some reinforcements, not too many.
    -then we can talk about maps(start with porting old ones, it's better having three old maps than one new)
    -finally, cosmetics don't improve gameplay in anyway, so they should not be a priority, unless they are needed to keep the boat afloat, which I don't think it's the case. And I know all this is useless because nothing of it will happen, but at least I gave my advice.
  • Jabba_Fett97
    156 posts Member
    edited February 14
    >A Rogue one update bringing Jyn, Cassian, Krennick (or Tarkin) and Shore Trooper captain. Scarif beached and Jedha maps.

>Arcade mode expanded upon, whether that's removing the map limitations or adding a new mode etc.

>Naboo plains map for Galactic Assault. An easy nostalgic map.

>More customisation options for the Empire and Rebels. (Perhaps more for the Resistance and F/O with the release of the new movie)

>New blasters and perhaps a few new trooper starcard abilities.

>Bug fixes and saber combat re-worked.

>New cosmetics and skins for the reinforcements and current heroes and villains lacking any such as Luke, Iden and Palpatine.

>Varied daily loot crate rewards instead of a standard 500 credits.

>Fixing force abilities

>Adding maps to extraction

>A new melee reinforcement class with a different unit for each faction (Magna Guard, Honour Guard, F/O executioner and riot troopers)

>Sentinel class added to be a standard trooper class which is anti-veichle or medic orientated.

I know that's a lot but this is what i see the most and there's a huge demand for almost all of this which would seriously add to the life span and replayability of this game when further titles come out.
  • Zirius
    345 posts Member
    edited February 15
    Guys, you rly need to lower your expectations, pretty much every of these wishes are not gonna happen. ;)
    I think the game would had look very different, in a good way, had the lootboxes stayed. Personally, I had no problem with them, as we could obtain everything in game too, only with a bit more work. But now to deal with what we have.
  • Zirius wrote: »
    Guys, you rly need to lower your expectations, pretty much every of these wishes are not gonna happen. ;)
    I think the game would had look very different, in a good way, had the lootboxes stayed. Personally, I had no problem with them, as we could obtain everything in game too, only with a bit more work. But now to deal with what we have.

IF loot boxes stayed not everyone would get to experience half the content in this game as the grind for it was too much. That plus I've seen sooooo many people say that they'd happily pay for full dlc.
    Also nobody needs to lower their expectations as this is essentially a wish list. Nobody can ever predict what the devs will do..
  • Zirius wrote: »

correct. it's the middle of 2019 already. we are getting Felucia in the fall. and possibly The Rise Of Skywalker content as well.