criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Clone legion skins

Now that its confirmed to be this month and some details about the update have already been revealed, when can we expect some information about the update and customisation of the clone troopers?

Replies

• SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    Now that its confirmed to be this month and some details about the update have already been revealed, when can we expect some information about the update and customisation of the clone troopers?

There is no customization.

The skins are just updated to look more like the movies. Officers are getting armored skins, unsure if it's an appearance you select between Base Officer Uniform and Armored Officer skin.

I think they said armored officers are free.

NOW if DICE was cool and actually gave customization they can give us helmetless clones, different haired clones like the animated series and we can add gear.
  • I thought it was just updated looks more like the movies too.

I think some on here are going to get a shock as I have seen some saying that it will be customizable pauldrons, kamas etc, but I didn't think that would be the case and DICE have never said that's what's happening
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Great! Looking forward to it :) @IronSoldier

@SVEJ I thought the same thing however I know they had been playing around with clone markings and armor patterns etc. Who knows!
  • Smattonellus
    636 posts Member
    edited February 14
    As of now it's hard to tell what we'll get, but I remember a swHQ video showing a clone officer with interchangeable gear, not that it confirms anything. Anyway what I would have liked from this customization is more differentiation between legions, for instance the 91st and 41st both have very distinct looks that aren't reflected in gameq95er7sz4blh.jpg
    kfu8z2boj3ap.jpg
    Or give us different helmets or the option to go helmetless, anybody recalls bf 2 engineer?b6fl1vjydicg.jpg

Edit: Anyway just wanted to clarify, I don't think these are features we'll get, only what would have made sense in terms of clone customization, realistically speaking I guess we won't see anymore than small changes to what we actually have.
    Post edited by Smattonellus on
  • My guess is it’s more than just updated appearances. The way they’ve been hyping it it would be hilarious if it were just the visual updates.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • DarthJ
    6457 posts Member
    My guess is it’s more than just updated appearances. The way they’ve been hyping it it would be hilarious if it were just the visual updates.

Ah, but would it surprise you if not?
  • Jabba_Fett97
    156 posts Member
    edited February 14
    ebxrqqdqnky5.jpg
    @Smattonellus @BucksawBoushh I think you guys are right in having this idea that the actual legions will have unique armor to each legion. Perhaps the 212th will have the paratroopers and the 41st to have Scout armor and so on and so on.
    Would love to see the Galactic Marines!
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    My guess is it’s more than just updated appearances. The way they’ve been hyping it it would be hilarious if it were just the visual updates.

Ah, but would it surprise you if not?

It’s impossible to surprise me when it comes to this game. They neglect to work on and fix some Clone skins and then take it as an opportunity to advertise it as a “content drop”. They really are something else.

There is going to be a 'Community Transmission - Clone Troopers' soon :)

Go on, tell us how soon....

Soon with this team could be 6 months. Although really I think it’ll be about the 24/25th when we get it.
  • Badly as I want Commandos, i'd be delighted if the new reinforcement was a Marine. Such a cool look!
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    Great! Looking forward to it :) @IronSoldier

@SVEJ I thought the same thing however I know they had been playing around with clone markings and armor patterns etc. Who knows!

They even said it, they are fixing it to match the proper ones, anyway doesn't matter im just going to be using Orthohex's 4k textured Clone Legions.
  • DarthJ
    6457 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

Soon with this team could be 6 months. Although really I think it’ll be about the 24/25th when we get it.

But theres an Anakin CT and a chosen one update CT meant to be coming too. 3 in 2 weeks...

24/25 of April or May?
    #StarWars-y
  • ebxrqqdqnky5.jpg
    @Smattonellus @BucksawBoushh I think you guys are right in having this idea that the actual legions will have unique armor to each legion. Perhaps the 212th will have the paratroopers and the 41st to have Scout armor and so on and so on.

I love the 21st nova corps, but considering it's a whole new model i doubt they will ever see the light of day, just imagine if they released Mygeeto and them <3
  • ebxrqqdqnky5.jpg

I love the 21st nova corps, but considering it's a whole new model i doubt they will ever see the light of day, just imagine if they released Mygeeto and them <3

And then I woke up.. these are still a possibility though!
    487bh36tne8e.jpg
  • @ArcTrooperBen I reckon next week as they'll most likely do Anakins CT separately.. but I'm not holding my breath
  • Smattonellus
    636 posts Member
    edited February 14
    @Jabba_Fett97 speaking of nova corpss1bk872r3vka.jpg on the left is commander Bacara's helmet, that would make another model, which along the other suggested would get us to 6 variations( well 5 + the 21st's that actually changes all the trooper's model) that would be a fair amount for customization purposes. Bonus points for being both phase 1 and 2.
  • @Smattonellus I love that idea! Bacaras' helmet could be implemented and used for the new officer skins. I'd be quite satisfied with that and the rest being just slightly different versions of a regular nova core trooper.
    I think if they make the 104th legion unique with their cannon armor then this could quite an easy but popular addition to the game.
  • @Smattonellus I love that idea! Bacaras' helmet could be implemented and used for the new officer skins. I'd be quite satisfied with that and the rest being just slightly different versions of a regular nova core trooper.
    I think if they make the 104th legion unique with their cannon armor then this could quite an easy but popular addition to the game.
    What's there for phase 1? Only thing I can think of is the pilotxqkilexqz3pp.png
    But there isn't much else
    What's there for phase 1? Only thing I can think of is the pilotxqkilexqz3pp.png
    But there isn't much else
    These guys?
    yzj6ullaxepl.png
  • Smattonellus
    636 posts Member
    edited February 14
    Edit: deleted what I could

• These guys?
    yzj6ullaxepl.png
    Oooh if I recall correctly they are from the battle of ryloth, riding at-rt's and serving under Mace Windu
    s5qlo7rbyjnd.jpg

• Made a mess with the comments, I am sorry...
  • Anyway looked it up, the ones we see in the clone wars are the lightning squadron and are all ARF troopers.
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Lightning_Squadron
  • @Smattonellus not a problem! The only other phase 1 I can think that's kinda unique are the early 41st that are cloaked in the cartoon series. Other than that it was just armor patterns and markings unlike the phase 2 armor where we saw more variations.
  • @Smattonellus not a problem! The only other phase 1 I can think that's kinda unique are the early 41st that are cloaked in the cartoon series. Other than that it was just armor patterns and markings unlike the phase 2 armor where we saw more variations.

Yeah, I'm sure there's some lore explanation as to why they are all similar, phase 2 definitely has more styles. I'm waiting for the CT, which is the next in order, I hope it drops next week.
  • @Smattonellus I hope so !

24/25 of April or May?

February/March
  • Clone commando skins would be nice, and as a reinforcement would be awesome, similar skills to death trooper.
  • jonci wrote: »
    Clone commando skins would be nice, and as a reinforcement would be awesome, similar skills to death trooper.

Shoretrooper skins to replace the death trooper would be amazing.
  • jonci wrote: »
    Clone commando skins would be nice, and as a reinforcement would be awesome, similar skills to death trooper.

Only if we had Scarif for them to fight on. Otherwise I think the Shocktrooper would be the better option as an alternate DT skin.
  • Jabba_Fett97
    156 posts Member
    edited February 15
    jonci wrote: »

Only if we had Scarif for them to fight on. Otherwise I think the Shocktrooper would be the better option as an alternate DT skin.

I'm still praying that shock or dark troopers will be this mystery sentinel class. I'd pay money for scarif to just be ported honestly.
  • These guys?
    yzj6ullaxepl.png
    Oooh if I recall correctly they are from the battle of ryloth, riding at-rt's and serving under Mace Windu
    I looked it up, the ones we see in the clone wars are the lightning squadron and are all ARF troopers.
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Lightning_Squadron
    So, ARF Troopers are just a type of Trooper, not limited to legion. The ARF Troopers Jabba_Fett97 showed us were 65th Coruscant Guard ARF Troopers, while the ones you're thinking of were 187th Elite ARF Troopers. Other legions have ARF Troopers as well, we saw 501st ARFs in the Teth episode for example. And am I remembering wrong, or didn't Waxer and Boil become ARFs?

@Smattonellus not a problem! The only other phase 1 I can think that's kinda unique are the early 41st that are cloaked in the cartoon series.
    Do you mean Hawkbat Battalion, from the Tartakovsky animated series? I think they were 212th, werent they? I could be wrong.

Other than that it was just armor patterns and markings unlike the phase 2 armor where we saw more variations.
    There were a decent amount of p1 variants, though you're right that p2 had a lot more. Remember though, all of clone wars up through season 3 was p1.

Phase 1 had ARCs, ARFs, BARCs, SpecOps, various different Pilots, rangefinders, binocs, kama, pauldrons for Officers, and more I can't think of off the top of my head. Plus all the environmental armor types, which should stay locked to specific maps as they are now -- Snowtroopers on Hoth and Ordo Plutonia, etc.
  • @JackTHorn Yeah I just used the Coruscant guard version of the ARF troopers as I was trying to avoid an image of the animated ones. That being said in the Tartakovsky cartoon series, I do love the ARF you see as part of the rescue team with Commander Fordo if I'm correct?
    Phase 1 did have quite a few variations of the standard clone armor but it wasn't later in the clone wars till we saw more variations of completely new and versatile armor types.
    And it certainly could've been the 212th that had the cloaked troopers ! Honestly I can't remember.