criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Dragging out content and it only being for one era has lead to burnout

Title says it all, clown wars has been dragged out for far too long and if the kids get there way (already have) then it's going to be dragged out even longer, what a waste of potential this game has been

Replies

• I dont think they care, i think the drip feed is to scoop in as many bargain bin sales as they can before dropping the game.
  • Would have preferred bug and balance fixes over this drip fed content.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Ported maps? Nah, wait 9 months for 1 map with 3 modes, GA, HvV and Blast, and more broken heroes. Or play JPC, um... forget it.

It’s the communities fault. Ben asked if we wanted a few ported maps or one new map and the community lost their minds over “recycled” content. Well, here we are a year later with one map.

Yeah I had a bad feeling when Ben said that.
    Interesting that DICE is able to create 2 "new" reinforcements during the other delay of the soon, but not that soon, new mode. What?!?

The game needs maps but have an emote wheel.
    #StarWars-y
  • Ported maps? Nah, wait 9 months for 1 map with 3 modes, GA, HvV and Blast, and more broken heroes. Or play JPC, um... forget it.

It’s the communities fault. Ben asked if we wanted a few ported maps or one new map and the community lost their minds over “recycled” content. Well, here we are a year later with one map.

I’d go further back than that and blame the push back on the loot box system. Which I personally believe wasn’t even that bad!

The outrage from that alone has continued to fuel player rage which inevitably informs the direction of the game. Case in point, the secrecy behind the Han Solo season. How riled up did people get because they’d filled the comms vacuum with the notion that an almighty Clone Wars season was coming?

Throw into the mix the whole “we can’t share that right now”, “soon TM” or “we’ll let you know more in month X” with every single update and it just further feeds an already toxic environment.

I think we’re at the turning point now, Conquest/Titan is going to make or break the game and that will determine Battlefront II’s fate.

• Versatti wrote: »

I’d go further back than that and blame the push back on the loot box system. Which I personally believe wasn’t even that bad!

The outrage from that alone has continued to fuel player rage which inevitably informs the direction of the game. Case in point, the secrecy behind the Han Solo season. How riled up did people get because they’d filled the comms vacuum with the notion that an almighty Clone Wars season was coming?

That this poor development is a consequence of the lootbox controversy is no secret. That said, it was rightful, first of all you don't push lootboxes in a €60 AAA game, secondly if you do, you don't tie the progression system to it, making it effectively pay to win, and don't say it wasn't because who bought €100 of lootboxes had better star cards than you, and it has an impact on gameplay. But there is more, maybe the game failed, but this was an important lesson for every developer, that players have had enough of cashgrab mechanics imported directly from ftp mobile games, I'm sure they will try again, but at least the community will rise against them, and we've seen how it went.

It was changed before launch to a watered down version yet the outrage continued and continues today. I wonder if things would have been different had people known back then how little difference an epic starcard actually makes?
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    847 posts Member
    edited February 14
    I don't agree it. The true problem is the lack of new contents.
    1,5 new maps in a year is ridicolous for the DLC of other game.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg

That this poor development is a consequence of the lootbox controversy is no secret. That said, it was rightful, first of all you don't push lootboxes in a €60 AAA game, secondly if you do, you don't tie the progression system to it, making it effectively pay to win, and don't say it wasn't because who bought €100 of lootboxes had better star cards than you, and it has an impact on gameplay. But there is more, maybe the game failed, but this was an important lesson for every developer, that players have had enough of cashgrab mechanics imported directly from ftp mobile games, I'm sure they will try again, but at least the community will rise against them, and we've seen how it went.

Fifa ultimate team is the start of gambling in games but it's essentially Pokemon cards and it's why they are using these "live service" models as it entirely benifts the publishers, no contractual obligations for anything, no £40 limit per customer for a season pass which guarantees and sets out exactly what you are paying for, now with this so called live service people can gamble away £100 and be left with essentially nothing, we can get drip fed content and delays or even outright cancellations and who benefits and who is left £100's out of pocket with nothing to show for it...
  • bfloo
    14398 posts Member
    Versatti wrote: »

It was changed before launch to a watered down version yet the outrage continued and continues today. I wonder if things would have been different had people known back then how little difference an epic starcard actually makes?

It was a win. If they got away with a watered down ptw progression now, you'd have to spend hundreds to even be competitive in games coming in a year or 2, or grind 1000 hours to just to catch up where people were at launch, forget the 'op' add ons you'd never be able to grind out.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Personally, I wouldn’t have minded the lootboxes if this game was released for FREE. But when I already have to pay $60 for the game and another approximately $10 per month for Xbox Live, I don’t want to have to spend any more of my money on a video game. Life is expensive.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • Anyone agree that the prolonged CW content has turned people against CW.

As a OT fan I am pretty much totally against CW in every way but was being tempted to check out the new series when grevious and trooper skins landed etc..

I am so sick of it now though I have no intention of going near anything CW related unless I really really have to.

It would be ironic if the reason they only released CW to promote the new series only served to turn people away from it 😂
  • Thats what live services are, drip feeding content
  • Smattonellus
    512 posts Member
    edited February 14
    Anyone agree that the prolonged CW content has turned people against CW.

As a OT fan I am pretty much totally against CW in every way but was being tempted to check out the new series when grevious and trooper skins landed etc..

I am so sick of it now though I have no intention of going near anything CW related unless I really really have to.

It would be ironic if the reason they only released CW to promote the new series only served to turn people away from it 😂

That won't be necessary, people will already be turned away from it because you'd have to subscribe to Disney+, and upset star wars fans won't happily give money to them.

Actually forget that, probably everyone will go and praise the almighty mouse.
  • Anyone agree that the prolonged CW content has turned people against CW.

That won't be necessary, people will already be turned away from it because you'd have to subscribe to Disney+, and upset star wars fans won't happily give money to them.

Actually forget that, probably everyone will go and praise the almighty mouse.

I’m 100% sold on Disney+ right now and it has 0% to do with the resurrection of CWs. Between Mandalorian and the Marvel shows they’re doing I’m hyped.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »

I’m 100% sold on Disney+ right now and it has 0% to do with the resurrection of CWs. Between Mandalorian and the Marvel shows they’re doing I’m hyped.

I envy you, I just stopped caring for star wars after tfa, the only one I went to see in theater, and I regretted it. As for Marvel, there are other ways to see the Loki show, hoping it will be good.
  • johnny_mercury
    4161 posts Member
    edited February 14
    I'm not anti-CW (I prefer GCW though) but feel getting nothing but CW content is overkill. At this point I'd rather get ST content over GCW, if it meant not getting any more CW.
  • bfloo
    14398 posts Member
    It keeps going on and on with no hope of seeing anything different and I've lost interest.

We need a change to bring any sort of hype.

The cw fanatics forget that the pt was received by fans worse than the st has been.
    I personally find the ST to be a lot worse. The PT films grew on me. Aside from a few specific arcs and Maul season, I am not that fond of the toon either. Aside from the cavalry charge, I found the 2003 CW to be so much better.

They need to change it up every 3 months, not pander to one group for over 6 months at a time.

h846398gb27k.png

• Maybe if DICE was able to pivot to selling skins and emotes after the loot box fiasco over a year ago, then maybe the community would have more enjoyable content that actually impacts the games replay value. Maps for Mustafar, Corellia and Dagobah, to name a few, or items like new blasters and weapons, have been requested and would be welcomed by many. I say maybe because I'm not sure how much revenue Chewbacca with a band-aid or a peek-a-boo emote would generate. Then again Ben said they are not interested in making money. Sure...
    Instead we get broken heroes, which there are more heroes than GA maps in the game, a mode not even available, JPC, 1 map for EH, a campaign with no maps available for mp and the soon to be released emote wheel. No new maps for Extraction or SA, no new small modes like DZ or Cargo and no large trooper only mode like Turning Point.
    Even the communication from EA and DICE on it's own forums leaves much to be desired unless you are commenting on a hero and then again you'll probably get an answer on reddit first. Can't even put a comment on the SA thread? Kylo has an emote for that lack of communication, I won't say it but I'm sure a few could guess which one it is.
    These are reasons why my time spent with this game continues to decline and I've all but given up on believing any new worthwhile content like new/ported maps, blasters and weapons will be added. If the new mode to be released in, ????, is just 1 map and doesn't live up to the hype then clone skins, broken heroes and emote wheels will not keep my interest in this game.
    #StarWars-y
  • bfloo wrote: »
    They aren't making an effort to monetize skins. The average player wouldn't be sitting on a few hundred thousand credits with nothing to spend them on if they were.

Totally. I have nearly 500,000 credits and I haven't even unlocked all skins and emotes as I only buy what I like.
  • Personally, I wouldn’t have minded the lootboxes if this game was released for FREE. But when I already have to pay $60 for the game and another approximately $10 per month for Xbox Live, I don’t want to have to spend any more of my money on a video game. Life is expensive.

You didn't have to spend a penny on lootboxes, what part of that do people not understand

Everything in this game was earnable through playing, yeah some was a grind but nothing cost real money, not a thing, loorboxes in this manner were designed for the family guys who get an hour a day at best to play this, they could unlock stuff, and please dont give me the crap about how his cards would be better than yours, cards don't make up for lack of skill, if a family guy playing for an hour a day can kill a 5hr a day veteran then its because the veteran sucks, not down to Peter griffins carda
  • And the reason for the CW overkill is because it has the most content, like it or not only the CW had epic battles that contained more than 8 people, this game is built on epic battles, apart from hoth (which we have) what epic battle did the rebellion have against the empire (first person that says endor with ewoks goes and sits in the naughty corner)

Same for the sequels, theres no epic battles other than crait which they gave us
  • bfloo
    14398 posts Member
    And the reason for the CW overkill is because it has the most content, like it or not only the CW had epic battles that contained more than 8 people, this game is built on epic battles, apart from hoth (which we have) what epic battle did the rebellion have against the empire (first person that says endor with ewoks goes and sits in the naughty corner)

Same for the sequels, theres no epic battles other than crait which they gave us

Crait had the build up for an epic battle, and died with a whimper.

h846398gb27k.png

• DarthJ
    6109 posts Member
    And the reason for the CW overkill is because it has the most content, like it or not only the CW had epic battles that contained more than 8 people, this game is built on epic battles, apart from hoth (which we have) what epic battle did the rebellion have against the empire (first person that says endor with ewoks goes and sits in the naughty corner)

Scarif
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »

Scarif
    Can you imagine if we got Scarif without Jyn? 😆
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • Lagodaki wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »

Scarif

Could happen. :#

Would they or could they get Felicity Jones to do the chatty HvV banter?
  • DarthJ wrote: »

Scarif

I thought of scarif but it was really only a ship full of rebels and the rest was in space, and we all know how abandoned SA is in this game lol
  • And the reason for the CW overkill is because it has the most content

Oh dear god no 😂🤣😂
  • TjPunx
    1359 posts Member
    OP is 100% correct. The kids are okay with the drip feed, as long as it prolongs their Clown Wars era
  • I am not against CW content. I am against drip feeding content over 6 months. We've had less content than one DLC pack from BF2015. I am tired of them treating skins like content. I don't care about Clone skins or hero skins. This game needs new maps and weapons more than anything. Releasing single heroes is not exciting at all.
  • DJLutherKing
    142 posts Member
    edited February 14
    New content including reinforcements, heroes and maps are much needed in all modes.

1 hero per month has been unbalanced and too little too late after about a year of no content. Dice can fix this by starting 2 heros per month after Anakin. So many cool heroes and villains in Star Wars too bad they are not in BFII. I thought there would be more highly demanded content such as mustafar coruscant mace Windu and Qui Gon by now.

Especially Hunt, extraction, starfighter and galactic assault need more maps in rotation.
    Lagodaki wrote: »

Scarif

Who voiced her in the first game? regardless, they could just reuse those
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction

You didn't have to spend a penny on lootboxes, what part of that do people not understand

Everything in this game was earnable through playing, yeah some was a grind but nothing cost real money, not a thing, loorboxes in this manner were designed for the family guys who get an hour a day at best to play this, they could unlock stuff, and please dont give me the crap about how his cards would be better than yours, cards don't make up for lack of skill, if a family guy playing for an hour a day can kill a 5hr a day veteran then its because the veteran sucks, not down to Peter griffins carda

Oh, you sure? Tell me, how much difference would a fully upgraded Bounty Hunter card, Recharge Command card, and Officer’s Presence card have made in how quickly one can get a hero?

There is a reason they call lootbox mechanics pay2win. Personally, it sounds like you are one of the people who would spend tons of money on this game and don’t like that the game is fair to all players regardless of how fiscally responsible they are.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX

• Oh, you sure? Tell me, how much difference would a fully upgraded Bounty Hunter card, Recharge Command card, and Officer’s Presence card have made in how quickly one can get a hero?

There is a reason they call lootbox mechanics pay2win. Personally, it sounds like you are one of the people who would spend tons of money on this game and don’t like that the game is fair to all players regardless of how fiscally responsible they are.
    Or Boba's rocket barrage card, nearly every card for starfighters, for reinforcements and vehicles, hero health regeneration(not hok), Luke's extended push, Yoda master of the force, han solo highly modified blaster, iden versio droid batteries, lol all these cards not only drastically improve the power of the owner (maybe Yoda and Luke are my opinion but the others are objectively strong) but Also have quite a gap between white and purple rarity.
  • Lagodaki wrote: »
    Lagodaki wrote: »

Scarif

Who voiced her in the first game? regardless, they could just reuse those

To be fair if it meant we’d get RO content, I’d offer to do it for free.

• The battles weren't "epic" in the CW. Cheesed out.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • And the reason for the CW overkill is because it has the most content, like it or not only the CW had epic battles that contained more than 8 people, this game is built on epic battles, apart from hoth (which we have) what epic battle did the rebellion have against the empire (first person that says endor with ewoks goes and sits in the naughty corner)

The OT is one big epic battle, cartoons are not and "clown wars" isn't even a war or a battle as it's all orchestrated by one guy
  • If it's epic battles we want RO has THE most epic battle in whole entire saga. It's beautiful to watch and amazingly staged.