criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Kicked out of hero showdown for being idle too long whilst dead!!!

Didn't think this was a thing! Dying in hero showdown and being forced to spectate then getting kicked from the game like seriously

Replies

• Haha yeah that's to me too. A bit annoying but oh well I don't play hero showdown that much and it's only happened once
  • Please, share your experiences or just give support to the Official Report on this BUG in Answers HQ, EA's official Bug Reporting Forum.

The link to this report is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/The-AFK-timer-kicks-players-that-are-spectating-matches-in-HS/m-p/7403980

If you're not logged in there, you may log in with your EA account (the same you use for this forum).
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Please, share your experiences or just give support to the Official Report on this BUG in Answers HQ, EA's official Bug Reporting Forum.

The link to this report is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/The-AFK-timer-kicks-players-that-are-spectating-matches-in-HS/m-p/7403980

If you're not logged in there, you may log in with your EA account (the same you use for this forum).

So it's a known issue that's been around a while with no fix coming.... great
  • Relmets
    2443 posts Member
    edited February 15
    think of it as another layer of fun for the mode
    better win fast or your partner is going bye bye :scream:
    kinda like something from SAW
    [+3748 posts]
  • If you're playing with a friend you can usually load back into the match again. I've seen it happen to a buddy and to me a few times.
  • Billkwando
    2014 posts Member
    edited February 15
    Didn't think this was a thing! Dying in hero showdown and being forced to spectate then getting kicked from the game like seriously

That epitomizes DICE's handling of this game, in a nutshell.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • bfloo
    15933 posts Member
    Sounds like an oversight.

afk timers are especially generous in this game.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Wish it would work elsewhere...I could go and party in the bathroom and come back and I am still in a GA game.
  • RogueZeroRendar
    1383 posts Member
    edited February 16
    Please, share your experiences or just give support to the Official Report on this BUG in Answers HQ, EA's official Bug Reporting Forum.

So it's a known issue that's been around a while with no fix coming.... great

You found that ridiculous? Me too. But what about the dozen or more BUGs found and reported between Launch and February 2018 that are still around? Like the Disabled Block BUG, Corpse Attacking BUG, Half-Effect BUG, Hoth's Main Entrance to The World Behind Walls, Yavin's Secret Out of Bounds Room, Ragdoll BUG, Getting Stuck in Place Due to Bad Collision BUG, Vader's Fueling the Rage Star Card Resetting BUG, Infinite Jetpack BUG, and more

No wonder the nickname Star Wars Bugfront II is so famous.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Just happened to me too, six months later. In addition to their "matchmaking system" being such a joke that the people coding it should probably not claim to have successfully coded a matchmaking system, apparently the game doesn't know how to tell idling from being dead in a game mode that doesn't let you respawn.
  • Just happened to me too, six months later. In addition to their "matchmaking system" being such a joke that the people coding it should probably not claim to have successfully coded a matchmaking system, apparently the game doesn't know how to tell idling from being dead in a game mode that doesn't let you respawn.

My last extended break from BFII was due to this exact thing. Getting booted from a match because I was «idle», except I was talking in game etc. Nothing’s ***** me off quite like that. I’ll definitely stay away from Hero Showdown seeing as they haven’t fixed this. Bunch of amateurs, but according to F8rge, they’re experts at game development! *rolls on the floor laughing*