criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Dear DICE, where is the secondary hand for star cards?

PlayersPurity
412 posts Member
edited February 11
Doesn't it feel really frustrating to change your star cards every time you want to play another game mode outside of GA? Let's take HvV as an example; you always have to change at least one star card to be more effective with heroes. Example Palpatine's Lightning Surgery which makes his Chain Lighting ability hit more enemies doesn't have any effect at all in HvV as the ability can already hit up to 5 people and the enemy team only has 4 members. Or what about hero health cards? They aren't really that necessary in HvV if you're not that good at the game mode. And then there's Hero Showdown. Star cards which make some hero abilities more effective if it hits more than 3 enemies aren't worth using in HS as you're only facing 2 opponents. I'm mostly focusing on heroes here, but you may also need it with regular trooper and reinforcement classes though I'm not touching that as I'm more of a hero player, but they need more hands as well.

This is a topic I haven't heard people talk about, but for me this has always been a big thing although I'm bringing it out only now. It's odd that hands were a thing in Battlefront 2015, but not it's successor.

If this topic doesn't get enough views to get DICE's attention I'm going to post it again later on.
Current Topics:
Staff Strike Guide
An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png
PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞
- Leia Organa

Replies

• This has been something I've thought about recently. Having alternate hands for different game modes can be really helpful. As you said, Galactic Assault loadouts often differ from HvV ones, and it'd be pretty handy to be able to just switch your loadout for each mode and not change the cards entirely.
    In my book, experience outranks everything.
  • Yeah, having the ability or option to have 2 sets of pre-made Star cards, 1 for HvV 1 for GA, for example, would be great. It’s annoying constantly having to switch cards between the different modes.
  • Indeed.
    Current Topics:
    Staff Strike Guide
    An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png

- Leia Organa

• Different loadouts for troopers would be nice as well. I change out my heavy with CQC vs. anti-vehicle, and my officer (turret vs. squad shield) when there are capture points. Having a quick-change preset would be nice.
  • I agree, this is something that must be added.
    I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

Check out my concepts of a Coruscant Community Transmission Here:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/131088/coruscant-community-transmission-concept#latest
  • I've asked several times for multiple hand options of Star Cards. Even though we can now switch out Cards on the fly during matches, it would be nice to have several preset options that we can switch to.
  • One more example of content that was in the last game, but was inexplicably removed for this one.

Additional nameable hands. Private matches. 50+ options for human heads. The ability to use the square button to choose which map to play. The Stats page. The companion app. Male and female options for every appearance.

Stormtrooper pauldrons that were upgradable based on what level you reached in the game. The Imperial Shock Trooper. The X-Wing pilot. The Ishi Tib. The Imperial Navy Trooper AKA Death Star Trooper.

I mean, there's a lot I really love about this game. Despite the flaws. But stuff like this really just baffles me.
  • I constantly switch between GA and HvV. This is a hassle beyond measure. Having a second hand would the most useful addition.
  • Doesn't it feel really frustrating to change your star cards every time you want to play another game mode outside of GA? Let's take HvV as an example; you always have to change at least one star card to be more effective with heroes. Example Palpatine's Lightning Surgery which makes his Chain Lighting ability hit more enemies doesn't have any effect at all in HvV as the ability can already hit up to 5 people and the enemy team only has 4 members. Or what about hero health cards? They aren't really that necessary in HvV if you're not that good at the game mode. And then there's Hero Showdown. Star cards which make some hero abilities more effective if it hits more than 3 enemies aren't worth using in HS as you're only facing 2 opponents. I'm mostly focusing on heroes here, but you may also need it with regular trooper and reinforcement classes though I'm not touching that as I'm more of a hero player, but they need more hands as well.

This is a topic I haven't heard people talk about, but for me this has always been a big thing although I'm bringing it out only now. It's odd that hands were a thing in Battlefront 2015, but not it's successor.

If this topic doesn't get enough views to get DICE's attention I'm going to post it again later on.

was asked several months ago. Myself and @GenxDarchi have posted about this, see the result ...
  • Yeah, but instead of adding something that is usefull and easy to implement like this, they prefer to focus on an emote wheel

• Yeah, but instead of adding something that is usefull and easy to implement like this, they prefer to focus on an emote wheel

Indeed. :unamused:
    Current Topics:
    Staff Strike Guide
    An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png

- Leia Organa

• JackTHorn wrote: »
    One more example of content that was in the last game, but was inexplicably removed for this one.

Additional nameable hands. Private matches. 50+ options for human heads. The ability to use the square button to choose which map to play. The Stats page. The companion app. Male and female options for every appearance.

Stormtrooper pauldrons that were upgradable based on what level you reached in the game. The Imperial Shock Trooper. The X-Wing pilot. The Ishi Tib. The Imperial Navy Trooper AKA Death Star Trooper.

I mean, there's a lot I really love about this game. Despite the flaws. But stuff like this really just baffles me.

This.
  • This has been requested at length. With zero acknowledgement from development the issue has basically just died. You’d think that with the different modes having wildly different star card needs, and some cards being clearly designed for a specific mode, that this would’ve been on the table a long time ago. This feature is of way more importance and value than an emote wheel.

+1 for multiple load out slots. Who knows... eventually.. maybe.

Keep it alive. I like to have a few different loadouts depending on the phase of a certain map for my troopers and would be quicker to have them ready to go rather than changing individually each time.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Another thing that I think we should get sometime in the game is Heroes Level Cap increased from 40 to 60 and "Legendary" (orange) Star Cards bringing new extra buffs/abilities.
  • Another thing that I think we should get sometime in the game is Heroes Level Cap increased from 40 to 60 and "Legendary" (orange) Star Cards bringing new extra buffs/abilities.
    Not just for heroes. Raise the cap for troopers, and Enforcers, give all cards the gold "Legendary" tier!

But yeah, extra cards hands are a must. And they should be like the last game, where you can label them.