criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Maps - Are You Making Any?

245

Replies

  • Icedragon7897
    1964 posts Member
    edited February 15
    It's been confirmed that the new mode will be a Clone wars only type thing with what looks like only geonosis being the map for it, whether or not more maps and eras will be added who knows but going by previous it looks like it's destined to die
  • My thread has risen from the dead!

    jaegmx6rgwsh.gif
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • sure an agent provocateur post will come along soon allowing them to close the thread
  • Darn, my comment was eaten by the approval Sarlacc!
  • Another fail if they don’t.

    "Sith Lords are our speciality" :smiley:
  • I really don't understand why they can't just port over existing maps from BF2015 (or even the campaign) for multiplayer. Vardos (both versions) looks big enough for GA in the OT and ST, not to mention all of the other maps that were for Walker Assault in BF2015: Graveyard of Giants, Cloud City, the sandcrawler map, and many others would be phenomenal in this game.

    I never really played Extraction that much in BF2015, nor did I in this game except for when it launched, but I jumped in the other day and had a ton of fun. I just wish there was more than two maps, because it gets pretty stale pretty quick. I think each map in this game has a section that could make for a good Extraction map, so I don't know why they can't break them down.

    I also am a little worried for the new game mode and whether or not it will have more than 1 or 2 maps at launch. Of course we know Geonosis is coming, and I'm assuming at least one other prequel map, since the mode was initially planned to release before Geonosis, but I hope we'll at least get some other maps for it, especially some ported ones from BF2015. Is it just me or do maps in that game seem to be a lot bigger? I just really wish we could get a ton of maps ported over. I am longing to play on Cloud City in a Conquest-esque game mode.

    Agreed. And yes, the maps from Battlefront 2015 definitely felt bigger and more open. I'd love Conquest on Bespin! Maps are the thing this game needs the most right now. Next up should be blasters and appearances for all units. Personally, I feel this game has enough Heroes.
  • WodiQuix wrote: »
    Darn, my comment was eaten by the approval Sarlacc!

    This made me laugh so hard. 😆

    I never thought of the whole “your comment will be posted after it is approved” thing in this way before. But I will give you an A+ for creativity. The approval Sarlacc it will be.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • Jett_Fett_91166
    3676 posts Member
    edited February 15
    My thread has risen from the dead!

    jaegmx6rgwsh.gif

    Compared to some of the other threads I've seen resurrected lately, this one is still a newborn.
    The game needs new and or ported maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • Nope, they are taking them away instead.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Nope, they are taking them away instead.

    reducing content every weekend is a live service tho
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

    Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Nope, they are taking them away instead.

    reducing content every weekend is a live service tho

    From the same people who approve EoR MM
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Actually the dream team is removing maps...Incredible.
  • Right now I just want all maps ported over from 2015 and campaign to multi-player and arcade. I could use a 4 month each month 5 to 6 maps for all types of game modes. I still don't see why we still don't have all small maps added to arcade or still only two extraction maps. And wow still no space maps added.
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    Right now I just want all maps ported over from 2015 and campaign to multi-player and arcade. I could use a 4 month each month 5 to 6 maps for all types of game modes. I still don't see why we still don't have all small maps added to arcade or still only two extraction maps. And wow still no space maps added.

    Porting them isn't possible like that, they have to remake the maps.
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif


    I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • Lagodaki wrote: »
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    Right now I just want all maps ported over from 2015 and campaign to multi-player and arcade. I could use a 4 month each month 5 to 6 maps for all types of game modes. I still don't see why we still don't have all small maps added to arcade or still only two extraction maps. And wow still no space maps added.

    Porting them isn't possible like that, they have to remake the maps.

    They’ve stated ‘remastering’ the maps would take around 70% of the time it would take to build new ones from scratch. I take all these comments with a grain of salt, but that’s what they said. People lost their minds at the thought of this about 8 months ago.

    Since we’ve seen 1 small and 1 large map since launch and 2 remasters(Crait was withheld content), doesn’t seem like it would have made much of a difference anyway. By this measure we’d be at maybe one more small map than what we have now if they went all in on remasters.

    We were getting the slow drip either way.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Alex64
    7444 posts Member
    Get rid off the Frostbite engine!
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Lagodaki wrote: »
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    Right now I just want all maps ported over from 2015 and campaign to multi-player and arcade. I could use a 4 month each month 5 to 6 maps for all types of game modes. I still don't see why we still don't have all small maps added to arcade or still only two extraction maps. And wow still no space maps added.

    Porting them isn't possible like that, they have to remake the maps.
    DICE managed to port Jabba's garage and Bespin maps and did a good job of it as well. It can be and should be done.
    This game needs new maps and the Sullust and Scarif maps, not currently available in mp modes, would be most welcomed by the community.
    New maps please.

    #StarWars-y
  • More maps please! Especially for Extraction!
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Lagodaki wrote: »
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    Right now I just want all maps ported over from 2015 and campaign to multi-player and arcade. I could use a 4 month each month 5 to 6 maps for all types of game modes. I still don't see why we still don't have all small maps added to arcade or still only two extraction maps. And wow still no space maps added.

    Porting them isn't possible like that, they have to remake the maps.
    DICE managed to port Jabba's garage and Bespin maps and did a good job of it as well. It can be and should be done.
    This game needs new maps and the Sullust and Scarif maps, not currently available in mp modes, would be most welcomed by the community.
    New maps please.

    All the Sullust maps were generally well received. And they were created BY DICE. Why they have not made it to this games MP is borderline mind boggling.

    I played the Sullust campaign map (Cache Grab) when the connection problems were happening and it is a great map and how I get my Sullust fix in this game but not playing with/against other players has it's limits. Cache Grab seems ready made for Extraction.
    I've gotten tried of the same GA and Extraction maps we've had for many many months and was missing Extraction/WA/TP/DZ modes and the other Extraction maps so I jumped in SWBF 15 for a few matches and had some fun. Sure it was jumppack bacta craziness at times but had some great matches and being back on Sullust in mp was worth it. Going to jump back into SWBF 15 again this weekend hope to get some Sullust Extraction, play the CFC on Bespin, a little Scarif and other maps/modes.
    The game needs more maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • WodiQuix wrote: »
    I really don't understand why they can't just port over existing maps from BF2015 (or even the campaign) for multiplayer. Vardos (both versions) looks big enough for GA in the OT and ST, not to mention all of the other maps that were for Walker Assault in BF2015: Graveyard of Giants, Cloud City, the sandcrawler map, and many others would be phenomenal in this game.

    I never really played Extraction that much in BF2015, nor did I in this game except for when it launched, but I jumped in the other day and had a ton of fun. I just wish there was more than two maps, because it gets pretty stale pretty quick. I think each map in this game has a section that could make for a good Extraction map, so I don't know why they can't break them down.

    I also am a little worried for the new game mode and whether or not it will have more than 1 or 2 maps at launch. Of course we know Geonosis is coming, and I'm assuming at least one other prequel map, since the mode was initially planned to release before Geonosis, but I hope we'll at least get some other maps for it, especially some ported ones from BF2015. Is it just me or do maps in that game seem to be a lot bigger? I just really wish we could get a ton of maps ported over. I am longing to play on Cloud City in a Conquest-esque game mode.

    Agreed. And yes, the maps from Battlefront 2015 definitely felt bigger and more open. I'd love Conquest on Bespin! Maps are the thing this game needs the most right now. Next up should be blasters and appearances for all units. Personally, I feel this game has enough Heroes.

    I do think the SWBF 15 large maps did have more balance when it came to objective locations as some were in enclosed areas and others in open areas. Almost every GA map in this game seems to wind up with the final phase in a room surrounded by choke points which just leads to hero and grenade spam. This certainly kills the epic scale battle that you get in the earlier phases of the maps which then turns the GA mode into HvV in the last phase. It gets boring and repetitive.
    Don't understand why maps like Sullust and Scarif are not available for mp modes like Extraction, GA and SA. Port them and we will play them.
    This game needs more maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • Extraction and Galactic Assault are desperate for new maps.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Lagodaki wrote: »

    Porting them isn't possible like that, they have to remake the maps.

    They’ve stated ‘remastering’ the maps would take around 70% of the time it would take to build new ones from scratch. I take all these comments with a grain of salt, but that’s what they said. People lost their minds at the thought of this about 8 months ago.

    Since we’ve seen 1 small and 1 large map since launch and 2 remasters(Crait was withheld content), doesn’t seem like it would have made much of a difference anyway. By this measure we’d be at maybe one more small map than what we have now if they went all in on remasters.

    We were getting the slow drip either way.

    Not the first time I hear of this, could you kindly provide some reference? Not because I'm doubting, just out of curiosity, anyway I heard too that is not as simple as copy and paste, they have to rebuild them, the difference is that's not from scratch, but 70% is still a big chunk of the work, that means we could have four ported maps over three new though.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Lagodaki wrote: »

    Porting them isn't possible like that, they have to remake the maps.

    They’ve stated ‘remastering’ the maps would take around 70% of the time it would take to build new ones from scratch. I take all these comments with a grain of salt, but that’s what they said. People lost their minds at the thought of this about 8 months ago.

    Since we’ve seen 1 small and 1 large map since launch and 2 remasters(Crait was withheld content), doesn’t seem like it would have made much of a difference anyway. By this measure we’d be at maybe one more small map than what we have now if they went all in on remasters.

    We were getting the slow drip either way.

    Not the first time I hear of this, could you kindly provide some reference? Not because I'm doubting, just out of curiosity, anyway I heard too that is not as simple as copy and paste, they have to rebuild them, the difference is that's not from scratch, but 70% is still a big chunk of the work, that means we could have four ported maps over three new though.

    Forge said it, was posted here quite a while ago. Your guess is as good as mine as to what thread it was in lol.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Still say this is a prime example to add past maps rather than new ones. Jundland Wastes, Scarif, Sorosuub Refinery, Bespin and Outpost Delta would likely be fantastic for this large mode.

    I think people would rather have these than wait longer. They have confirmed it takes moderately less time to port rather than make from scratch. Pool in missing heroes like Dengar, Nien, Krennic, Jyn, Greedo and new hero Shriv, port in missing weapons for each class and this game could be where it should be after 18 months.
  • WodiQuix wrote: »
    I'd love some new maps! Like others have said, ported ones from the campaign and Battlefront 2015 would be a good start. Sullust, Pillio, Bespin, Vardos, Scarif, Jundland Wastes, Graveyard of Giants, Outpost Beta, Imperial Hangar, Rebel Depot, Swamp Crash Site, etc.

    Agreed. The game needs new/ported maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • d0kRX
    1425 posts Member
    I would take some portovers at the very least. Can we get a response please?
    PSN: d0kRX
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    rendition1.img.jpg

    screen-shot-2017-03-13-at-125736-pmpng.png?rect=33%2C0%2C1046%2C523&auto=format%2Ccompress&dpr=2&w=650


    we need this!!

    :love:

    Thank the maker! I miss scariff so i can't find a match on bf1 anymore. It was just so different from any other star wars environment. Not to mention an epic space battle that rivaled Rotj

    I hope they do it justice in this game. Make it feel like the movie....
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    rendition1.img.jpg

    screen-shot-2017-03-13-at-125736-pmpng.png?rect=33%2C0%2C1046%2C523&auto=format%2Ccompress&dpr=2&w=650


    we need this!!

    :love:

    Thank the maker! I miss scariff so i can't find a match on bf1 anymore. It was just so different from any other star wars environment. Not to mention an epic space battle that rivaled Rotj

    I hope they do it justice in this game. Make it feel like the movie....

    I actually loved Scarif in the previous game. Was my favourite DLC. I would like them to improve and add those maps as well as some new ones we haven’t seen.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    rendition1.img.jpg

    screen-shot-2017-03-13-at-125736-pmpng.png?rect=33%2C0%2C1046%2C523&auto=format%2Ccompress&dpr=2&w=650


    we need this!!

    :love:

    Thank the maker! I miss scariff so i can't find a match on bf1 anymore. It was just so different from any other star wars environment. Not to mention an epic space battle that rivaled Rotj

    I hope they do it justice in this game. Make it feel like the movie....

    I actually loved Scarif in the previous game. Was my favourite DLC. I would like them to improve and add those maps as well as some new ones we haven’t seen.

    Agreed. The game needs new and or ported maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    rendition1.img.jpg

    screen-shot-2017-03-13-at-125736-pmpng.png?rect=33%2C0%2C1046%2C523&auto=format%2Ccompress&dpr=2&w=650


    we need this!!

    :love:

    Thank the maker! I miss scariff so i can't find a match on bf1 anymore. It was just so different from any other star wars environment. Not to mention an epic space battle that rivaled Rotj

    I hope they do it justice in this game. Make it feel like the movie....

    I actually loved Scarif in the previous game. Was my favourite DLC. I would like them to improve and add those maps as well as some new ones we haven’t seen.

    I hated the Scarif maps but would love to see it returned, this time with the Citadel.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • More maps please (especially Extraction maps)!
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    I would take some portovers at the very least. Can we get a response please?

    #StarWars-y

  • @F8RGE
    Here's an idea that would be the fastest way to give us "new" maps for HvV, *Strike, and Blast. Let's say for example in HvV on Kashyyyk. In addition to the treetops as a map, why not rotate in the Kashyyyk Hangar, Kashyyyk Village, and Kashyyyk Beach. This would give us three "new" maps from just one existing map by simply moving boundaries around! This could be done with every large map and give a "new" experience that is sorely needed. New maps are a absolute must but until then this is the best solution I can come up with.

    *Strike would take a little more effort because of the objective but way easier than implementing a whole new map.
  • They can barely even deliver what they announce though I guess recycled content is your best bet. :smiley:
  • SWymsa wrote: »
    They can barely even deliver what they announce though I guess recycled content is your best bet. :smiley:

    Yes it is, they should have stared porting a long time ago.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    SWymsa wrote: »
    They can barely even deliver what they announce though I guess recycled content is your best bet. :smiley:

    Yes it is, they should have stared porting a long time ago.

    Agreed. Would enjoy playing some SWBF 15 maps like Sullust and Scarif. unfortunately DICE said campaign maps could not be used for mp. Too bad as they are some great maps, Sullust, Vardos, Pillio, Bespin, to name a few and would work with many modes. Even EH could get an additional map from the campaign.

    New and or ported, just add some more maps.
    #StarWars-y
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!