criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Yoda's middle ability should change

dominokerem
235 posts Member
edited February 15
Yoda's health buff ability is a bit simple. Instead, he could have something like Duelist of Count Dooku. So we could see him more aggresive.

As we all know as Star Wars fans, Yoda becomes way faster, way more agile right before fighting. After the fight, he just takes a deep breath and slows down. So, when Yoda activates his new middle ability, he runs faster, he has one more regular dash and his swings are faster. As I said first. This is something like Duelist of Count Dooku.

4w6a89yuqypx.jpeg

Replies

  • Absolutely not, this is one of the best ability in the game do not ask to touch it because your idea of how yoda should be played is not how you are supposed to play Yoda.
    It is also one of the deepest abilities in the game, you need to use it on the maximum of allies to maximise it's use, you can cancel it's animation by using an air attack or a dash it also cleanse croud control effects; it is also the only thing holding the light side together in hvv.
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • I wouldn't mind a change because the health buff spam in this game is ridiculous but a lot of other things would also have to be changed to compensate for the LS no longer have this as an option.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Raices
    1103 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a change because the health buff spam in this game is ridiculous but a lot of other things would also have to be changed to compensate for the LS no longer have this as an option.

    Agreed, too many health buffs in this game: officers, enforcers, Finn, Yoda.
  • It's his best ability. This is a horrible idea.
  • It's his best ability. This is a horrible idea.

    His size is his best ability lol
  • His extra HP is what allows him to be more agressive as he has no fear of losing the health buff + his passive regen which sums up to 450 HP.

    And @Thechosen1_anakin is right, his size is his best ability.

    I understand the health buff stacking for LS is a bit too much in GA, but in HvV Yoda really needs this ability.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • I agree, get rid of presence and replace it with a self buff of damage output. Also get rid of his absorption so he can have a standard block like everyone else. Let's buff Yoda to make him more viable.
  • Lagodaki
    786 posts Member
    edited February 16
    It's too late to make such a major change, he is most likely getting a block in the future and it'll have nothing to do with presence. Yoda was built to be more of a supportive Hero not aggressive like Dooku. I do like the idea of him having a duelist-like ability, this might end up being his "block"
    Post edited by Lagodaki on
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif


    I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • Breaking free unexpectedly from Kylo's freeze is the best thing
  • Lagodaki wrote: »
    It's too late to make such a major change, he is most likely getting a block in the future and it'll have nothing to do with presence. Yoda was built to be more of a supportive Hero not aggressive like Dooku. I do like the idea of him having a duelist-like ability, this might end up being his being his "block"

    There will be new animations needed too. And It will take a long time to do such things. I agree.
  • Breaking free unexpectedly from Kylo's freeze is the best thing

    Yeah, that's nearly what I like the most when using that ability.
  • He already is extremely powerful against enemy villains with his health boost, damage through blocks, get out of stun free card and extra damage against them
  • His extra HP is what allows him to be more agressive as he has no fear of losing the health buff + his passive regen which sums up to 450 HP.

    And @Thechosen1_anakin is right, his size is his best ability.

    I understand the health buff stacking for LS is a bit too much in GA, but in HvV Yoda really needs this ability.

    510, if you use Feel the Force.
  • Raices wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a change because the health buff spam in this game is ridiculous but a lot of other things would also have to be changed to compensate for the LS no longer have this as an option.

    Agreed, too many health buffs in this game: officers, enforcers, Finn, Yoda.
    Raices wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a change because the health buff spam in this game is ridiculous but a lot of other things would also have to be changed to compensate for the LS no longer have this as an option.

    Agreed, too many health buffs in this game: officers, enforcers, Finn, Yoda.

    and it all stacking broke the game, not sure which ones still stack but still feels like too much.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Make it so it applies a damage debuff to enemies because that's what Battle Meditation (Which I assume Presence is) does
  • timidobserver
    806 posts Member
    edited February 16
    I don't have an issue with presence even though it doesn't make any sense when compared with Yoda's list of actual abilities. He has enough of them that they didn't really need to make one up.

    However, in HvV I would love a standard block on Yoda. It could even be an extremely sub par standard block. Absorb is pointless in HvV since 2 of the villain blaster users just explosion damage you right through it.
  • Sorry no I play medic with this ability. Feel like I can hold a group of randoms together keeping everyone healed.
  • I disagree, Yoda's not meant to be the gung-ho killstreak hero like Luke, Rey, Kylo, etc. He's the white mage of this game, the ultimate support. Now yes for situations like trying to get in a juggernaut where the presence can hit almost every one inside it, it can be frustrating to the other team but if Yoda's presence is probably his best ability
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • EA/Dice are able to restrict things like the maps. So maybe they are able to restrict abilities. But modifying or adding you will likely get a disaster behind.
  • Admiral_Xen
    2694 posts Member
    edited February 16
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a change because the health buff spam in this game is ridiculous but a lot of other things would also have to be changed to compensate for the LS no longer have this as an option.

    Still have Finn, who has the bonus of being 6000 bp on most maps, so he won't show up literally all the time like the annoying little green thing

    Yoda center ability should cause him to engage goofy mode where you can do things like replace your lightsabre with a walking stick to hit people, steal Luke's tacos and call down lightning to burn stuff.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

    Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Absorb is pointless in HvV since 2 of the villain blaster users just explosion damage you right through it.

    Pointless? All Force Powers (except Saber Throws) can be absorbed by Yoda's Block, and give 1/4th charge. Not only that, but Absorbed Force Powers give permanent charge buildup, so you can use a fully charged unleash a lot later then when you absorbed the necessary energy to do so. Palpatine's lightning attack behaves as a force power, so if the enemy team has a Palpatine, Yoda may block Palpatine for 2 seconds to max charge his unleash, and then he can use it whenever he want and it'll still be a fully charged unleash.

    Absorb is incredible in HvV!
    Laser921 wrote: »
    I disagree, Yoda's not meant to be the gung-ho killstreak hero like Luke, Rey, Kylo, etc.

    Yet he's much better at getting Killstreaks in HvV then those others you mentioned. Also, Kylo is a killstreaker? I'd love to learn this power.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Raices wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a change because the health buff spam in this game is ridiculous but a lot of other things would also have to be changed to compensate for the LS no longer have this as an option.

    Agreed, too many health buffs in this game: officers, enforcers, Finn, Yoda.
    Raices wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a change because the health buff spam in this game is ridiculous but a lot of other things would also have to be changed to compensate for the LS no longer have this as an option.

    Agreed, too many health buffs in this game: officers, enforcers, Finn, Yoda.

    and it all stacking broke the game, not sure which ones still stack but still feels like too much.

    Yoda-Finn still stack because of damage reduction and enforcers with their self-health buff card can stack their health on top of health buffs.

    There needs to be a nerf to Finn's damage reduction and yoda's health buff helping infantry troops. That's the root problem.

    Infantry shouldn't receive damage reduction and should have their health buff reduced to 150 as a cap. Additionally enforcers shouldn't be able to stack health buffs.

    You can keep the buff abilities the same for heroes because that isn't too bad.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Raices wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a change because the health buff spam in this game is ridiculous but a lot of other things would also have to be changed to compensate for the LS no longer have this as an option.

    Agreed, too many health buffs in this game: officers, enforcers, Finn, Yoda.
    Raices wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a change because the health buff spam in this game is ridiculous but a lot of other things would also have to be changed to compensate for the LS no longer have this as an option.

    Agreed, too many health buffs in this game: officers, enforcers, Finn, Yoda.

    and it all stacking broke the game, not sure which ones still stack but still feels like too much.

    Yoda-Finn still stack because of damage reduction and enforcers with their self-health buff card can stack their health on top of health buffs.

    There needs to be a nerf to Finn's damage reduction and yoda's health buff helping infantry troops. That's the root problem.

    Infantry shouldn't receive damage reduction and should have their health buff reduced to 150 as a cap. Additionally enforcers shouldn't be able to stack health buffs.

    You can keep the buff abilities the same for heroes because that isn't too bad.

    Yoda is the one who gives the health to troops. If he gets 260 his own and troops maybe like 150, It would be balanced a bit.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Raices wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a change because the health buff spam in this game is ridiculous but a lot of other things would also have to be changed to compensate for the LS no longer have this as an option.

    Agreed, too many health buffs in this game: officers, enforcers, Finn, Yoda.
    Raices wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a change because the health buff spam in this game is ridiculous but a lot of other things would also have to be changed to compensate for the LS no longer have this as an option.

    Agreed, too many health buffs in this game: officers, enforcers, Finn, Yoda.

    and it all stacking broke the game, not sure which ones still stack but still feels like too much.

    Yoda-Finn still stack because of damage reduction and enforcers with their self-health buff card can stack their health on top of health buffs.

    There needs to be a nerf to Finn's damage reduction and yoda's health buff helping infantry troops. That's the root problem.

    Infantry shouldn't receive damage reduction and should have their health buff reduced to 150 as a cap. Additionally enforcers shouldn't be able to stack health buffs.

    You can keep the buff abilities the same for heroes because that isn't too bad.

    Yoda is the one who gives the health to troops. If he gets 260 his own and troops maybe like 150, It would be balanced a bit.

    health buffing/DR stacking more than 25-50 HP or so in general is a terrible idea when abilities and weapons are balanced around time to kill on 150-200 health.

    YoFinn should let friendly units take a couple more hits, not give a Heavy 700hp and a wookiee well over 1000.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

    Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Yoda's health buff ability is a bit simple. Instead, he could have something like Duelist of Count Dooku. So we could see him more aggresive.

    As we all know as Star Wars fans, Yoda becomes way faster, way more agile right before fighting. After the fight, he just takes a deep breath and slows down. So, when Yoda activates his new middle ability, he runs faster, he has one more regular dash and his swings are faster. As I said first. This is something like Duelist of Count Dooku.

    4w6a89yuqypx.jpeg
    My comment below is not directed towards your idea...

    Disney/Lucasfilm/EA/DICE are completely receptive to anyone requesting any type of possible nerfs to any of the Light Side characters... BUT...

    Disney's/Lucasfilm's/EA's/DICE's response to all former and current posts calling for:
    Any reasonable (and obvious) buffing to the Light Side characters OR
    Any nerfing to any of the Dark Side characters...
    vs28dkmxj64h.gif
  • I agree with everyone saying it needs a nerf with how it affects infantry, especially with Finn. But leave it alone with how it affects Heroes.
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif


    I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!